AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-04-04, 09:37   Link #51561
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

You know, I could clearly see a line divided the fandom. On one side, it's I'mherepresent, Fujin no Shadow, Fangking2,... Which represents the idea of "Power runs through the bloodline" and super Ichika. On the other side, it's just me and ZeroXSEED, which is about "Just a bit tune up" Ichika.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 09:44   Link #51562
OHIMESAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
You know, I could clearly see a line divided the fandom. On one side, it's I'mherepresent, Fujin no Shadow, Fangking2,... Which represents the idea of "Power runs through the bloodline" and super Ichika. On the other side, it's just me and ZeroXSEED, which is about "Just a bit tune up" Ichika.
I'm a big fan of these three authors. They kinda feed my fantasy of a strong and powerful Ichika that overcomes all his shortcomings (maybe not his denseness though). These three may have taken the radical route of bolstering Ichika to the warrior no one can beat and overcomes all obstacles.
But as much as i'm a fan of the "Emperor Orimura" fics, i also read your fics and ZeroXSEED.
Actually Im-here-present suggested I read your fic for a change of perspective on the IS series.
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 09:52   Link #51563
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Say, export variants for IS frames?
Old 2014-04-04, 10:54   Link #51564
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Plus, IS vs. IS is a dynamic battle. Four railgun=useless. Unless you plan to take down a nation with them.

Say, have anyone see the newly-leaked pictures of Vol. 9?
Railguns that also function as beam swords....

Effectively it's like fighting Seravee Gundam....

=

About being less Energy Efficient... By that I mean when compared to Original and also Beam-Saber mode is basically firing Beam Cannon continuously with limited range....

Complexity aside, there are lots of problem with the package but on the upside, baby-steps towards fourth gen.
Old 2014-04-04, 11:05   Link #51565
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

... Remind me why should we need legs again? They are just for show, right?

Does anyone notice that human body is one of the most beautiful things - that is why they always make armors and mechs humanoid.
Old 2014-04-04, 12:12   Link #51566
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
... Remind me why should we need legs again? They are just for show, right?
For feet blades and punishment purposes, according to canon.
Old 2014-04-04, 17:39   Link #51567
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIMESAMA View Post
I'm a big fan of these three authors. They kinda feed my fantasy of a strong and powerful Ichika that overcomes all his shortcomings (maybe not his denseness though). These three may have taken the radical route of bolstering Ichika to the warrior no one can beat and overcomes all obstacles.
But as much as i'm a fan of the "Emperor Orimura" fics, i also read your fics and ZeroXSEED.
Actually Im-here-present suggested I read your fic for a change of perspective on the IS series.
*chuckles*

I really do see the reason as why most of fanon does not mind the thought of an OP Ichika is because of Chifuyu, who is the 2nd personification of OP in the IS-verse (with Tabane being the first). If she wasn't there, it might be a lot harder to sell the idea or it just wouldn't be as popular as it is. In fanon, the potential for OP-ness is always greater than actual OP-ness.

Of course, this could be my preference talking too.
Old 2014-04-04, 17:58   Link #51568
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well I always subscribe the idea that yes, Ichika will become stronger than Chifuyu.

Just not soon.

Even in canon, he's already stronger than Mondo Grosso 1 Chifuyu, so who knows?
Old 2014-04-04, 18:02   Link #51569
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Oi, it's because Ichika himself is the epitome of failure. You see, the idea of Gary Stu is also well received by the Accel World and Highschool DxD fandom.

Damn! That is truly a shame. IS itself is not that badly-written, but because of that shitty adaptions, we don't have got our own novel sub-forum!
Old 2014-04-04, 18:13   Link #51570
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, eventually, yes, I'll grant that wholeheartedly. It won't be good for a brother to be protected by his big sister forever, even if it is Chifuyu...
Old 2014-04-04, 18:35   Link #51571
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Oi, it's because Ichika himself is the epitome of failure. You see, the idea of Gary Stu is also well received by the Accel World and Highschool DxD fandom.
Hey, on the positive side, it's impossible to make the dude form Mahouka even MORE Gary Stu than he is now

(Yes I read it and he has great difficulty solving the plot anyway, but that's another topic)
Quote:
Damn! That is truly a shame. IS itself is not that badly-written, but because of that shitty adaptions, we don't have got our own novel sub-forum!
I.S. are not stellar enough to require that, and many people never knew there IS a no vel.
Old 2014-04-04, 18:43   Link #51572
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Meaning?

God, it's like a slap to the face!
Old 2014-04-04, 19:07   Link #51573
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Meaning?
When it comes to shonen light novel, it's either generic and whipped male MC, or gary stu self insert material template.

The fun thing is that Ichika has the potential of the latter but situation of the former

Readers putting a high expectation on Ichika when the entire universe is conspiring against his development.

And this is why Gary Stu Ichika is more acceptable, it's lesser of the evil. Except many, many writers forget that the girls are the main cause of Ichika's growth being stunted.

THAT is the entire point of Mirrorverse.
Quote:
God, it's like a slap to the face!
You tell me, then again if I read novel first, the anime will make my head explode.
Old 2014-04-04, 19:50   Link #51574
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sometimes I wonder if we read the same thing.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 20:09   Link #51575
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That is why I'm making this point: Is the setting the main selling point of a novel?

I mean, look at Mahouka and Toaru, their world is well-established, far surpass something mediocre like Tsukaima or Blade Dance.

(The only exception are Owari Chronicle and Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - detailed setting but lack fame)

...That aside, what kind of qualification would they use to choose a Representative?
Old 2014-04-04, 20:16   Link #51576
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In this case it's tits and ass. I have no interest in Mahouka but I believe its the setting. Then suplemented by over the top badass min character. Doesn't feel very comelling though. TAMNI is interesting for me not just because of the setting. It's the struggle of the. Characters tht make it interesting. You know it ends happily but the process is an interesting ride.

Apparently Tsukaima actually has superior novel version where the more serious parts are touched upon rather than repetitively reiterating that any girl has more boobage than Louise every minute. Also, Colbert is a badass, don't diss him.
Old 2014-04-04, 20:34   Link #51577
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well if anything, the second (or was that third) Season took all the worst aspect of Saito and Louise (BITCH) with none of the good points.

Never forget the whip incident.
Old 2014-04-04, 20:41   Link #51578
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't but damn. The moral dilemma of Agnes was just too delicious.
Old 2014-04-04, 20:44   Link #51579
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

You know, I suspose that manga-to-anime has a lot more percentage to be turned out good. For example, even a standard shounen like Ao no Exorcist has a good (not outstanding, but good) adaption.

Say, have anyone notice that LN from 2009 until now has a different template to pre-2009? For example, Kaze no Stigma or Chrome Shelled Regios.
Old 2014-04-04, 21:27   Link #51580
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I can say Slayers at least faithful and extremely well until a certain point. Also, harem-focussed light novel are rather new addition, before that it's either shonen fantasy or shoujo.

It really depends on how influential the novel is, a second rate forgettable novel will get an even more subpar adaptation

Hence why I suspect 8bit tried to kill I.S. on purpose, they ain't that incompetent.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest