AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 10:18   Link #181
typhonsentra

I know we shouldn't talk about it farther buuuut...

It's huge now but the in that thread the day the show came out, the very first impression for the show was post #189. We have just under two weeks to go before this show hits and we're already almost there.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 12:04   Link #182
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Please read Skyfalls' post and if you have questions use pm or profile to ask your questions.
"Is there going to be a Torodora! forum" is not part of the topic!

--------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
Sekirei still doesn't have its own subforum and it's thread is huge. Plus it has a confirmed 2nd season and a huge manga following...
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I know we shouldn't talk about it farther buuuut...

It's huge now but the in that thread the day the show came out, the very first impression for the show was post #189. We have just under two weeks to go before this show hits and we're already almost there.
I'll give you a hint. Series having or not a subforum is decided on activity not post count. The Sekirei thread is populated by 1-line posts and 1-line-quote replies. The simply fact every 2nd or 3rd post belongs to either KiNA or one of the other top 3-4 people who's pretty much made all the posts. Also, the topics are almost chit chat, there's no need to create a forum if it would either require a uncountable number of threads or everyone would just go to this one thread (e.g. episode thread, general thread).

Also just to clarify: post count, post numbers or anything else you can think of is irelevent. I have a lot more posts then that entire Sekirei thread, does that mean there should be a Cats forum? Also I wouldn't put too much faith in numbers. For example think of it this way: If I were to rate Bleach 7.3/10. Does that mean I like Bleach or do I hate Bleach?

If you still don't understand and want to talk about it further take it to profile or pm.
Old 2008-09-19, 20:09   Link #183
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, I cant wait for a trailer so all the negativity I'm feeling from this forum can cease. I know it probably won't live up to the manga or novel. From my experience at least, it usually doesn't, but the animation style, as mediocre as it may be, isn't the main concern. That's like me saying Kaiji is gonna suck just because it looks strange(which honestly, I did think that. Can't stand real pointy chins since Yuu Watase). The only thing that concerns me is the fluidity of the animation and the story, which, if they base it on the manga or novel(though I haven't read the novel to know the differences), should be good. And J.C.Staff isn't bad when fluidity is concern, though there are always exceptions to the rule.

Of course, I'd feel stupid if the trailer popped up and the fluidity sucked and/or animation style didn't fit[in motion]. But until I do, I'll keep my expectations high for this. I do like this better than Index, since romance dramedies w/o the "girls falls over main char for stupid/no reason" bs is my preference of show. I'd prefer Toradora to get more attention w/the animation, but I understand that there are far more special effects, environments, variety of characters and such with Index than with Toradora.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 00:17   Link #184
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, didn't the mods let the cat out of the bag as to how they choose the next forum? They play janken tourney to detemine the winner(s) for that cour, with the very first tourney won by pelly as reported here. The first is Hayate, and the rest is history.

So yeah, only mod I can see who might be 'rooting' for Toradora would be relentless, but it seems he'd rather have Akane-iro if he had his way.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 13:41   Link #185
manuloz

(short) trailer :
http://www.manganimation.net/news/20...iler-toradora/
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 13:44   Link #186
Midonin
Last Engage

Just as expected from Louise Taiga. The animation doesn't look too bad, either.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 13:45   Link #187
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It looks more fun then how I how it from the manga.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:02   Link #188
Falkor

Finally a trailer teaser… they sure waited a long time…

me only sighs… Rie Kugimiya should at least make some effort and not sound like an exact copy of Louise; but given how similar they are, I guess it can’t be helped.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 15:05   Link #189
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
Kugimiya's voice fits less than I thought it would... Heck, Taiga just became more annoying with Louise's voice...

Well, at least this anime finally got a moving trailer. Looks pretty normal... Then again, this is just 15-secs. Giving up on the visuals, I'm hoping the anime can be funny somehow.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 15:06   Link #190
kyouray
2D > 3D

Thanks for the trailer, it looks fun like the manga
Old 2008-09-24, 16:01   Link #191
frubam
simp for Lyria

Thx for the tra...teaser >.>(yeah I copied). Looks solid, albeit a bit simplistic.
Old 2008-09-24, 16:42   Link #192
typhonsentra

The look seems fine to me, seems the worry over the designs was a bit premature. It was a little jarring though hearing "Ryuuji!" come out of her mouth, so similar to "Yuji!".
Old 2008-09-24, 17:33   Link #193
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Kugimiya's voice fits less than I thought it would... Heck, Taiga just became more annoying with Louise's voice...

Well, at least this anime finally got a moving trailer. Looks pretty normal... Then again, this is just 15-secs. Giving up on the visuals, I'm hoping the anime can be funny somehow.
Aaaaahhh... I wish I knew what they where talking about.

Spoiler for The Tiger in action:

I really wonder how they will do all the aye contact/battle in anime...

Spoiler for The Dragon:

Spoiler for Just compare anime hair and novel version:

Take aside everything els, what do you think will happen? Will J.C.Staff do all the 8 novels in one go or separate them or sumthing? There is a few days that being skipped in the novels, maybe we might see some fillers based on this days?
Am not found of any sort of fillers (especially after watching Naruto) but if they keep to the nature of the series and atmosphere reminds the same. They would be OK, I guess.

Spoiler for Dragon and Tiger:

P.S. If you have the time, read the spin-off. It is 24-26 A4 pages of pure fun. Spin-off
All hail baka-tsuki and their staff of translators!
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 18:05   Link #194
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
Inko... what did they do to you!?
Taiga's voice is really ugh
Old 2008-09-24, 18:40   Link #195
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
But there is 8 volumes and I read that there isn't much development between Ryuji and Taiga in terms of falling in love with each other. [/SPOILER]
First I'd just like to say that it's the first time for me to see the novel images(other than a cover) and Ryuuji eyes look less defined than the manga, but thanks for the images.

Anyway, my initial impression was that Taiga and Ryuuji aren't trying to fall in love with each other and that's what sets this apart from the rest. If they acted the way they do with their perspective love interests with each other, I'd probably would pass it off as typical shoujo dramedy crap. I stand to hope that the anime keeps their relationship platonic, since the drama aspect is much better served when the main protaganists are this way.
Old 2008-09-24, 20:35   Link #196
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
The look seems fine to me, seems the worry over the designs was a bit premature. It was a little jarring though hearing "Ryuuji!" come out of her mouth, so similar to "Yuji!".
Yeah felt the same way when watching the teaser . Oh well will just remember what the guys real name is.
Old 2008-09-24, 21:40   Link #197
Midonin
Last Engage

The 15-second clip of the OP theme in there made me interested for the full version (or at least the TV size one). With Ryuuji and Taiga talking over it the whole time, it was a little tough to make out...but on the other hand, there's only a week to go.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 02:37   Link #198
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Inko... what did they do to you!?
Taiga's voice is really ugh
Inko is spot-on. It's supposedly a really ugly parrot that drools and look half dead that only Ryuiji can love.

Taiga is Kugimiya, you either love her or hate her.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 05:05   Link #199
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
First I'd just like to say that it's the first time for me to see the novel images(other than a cover) and Ryuuji eyes look less defined than the manga, but thanks for the images.

Anyway, my initial impression was that Taiga and Ryuuji aren't trying to fall in love with each other and that's what sets this apart from the rest. If they acted the way they do with their perspective love interests with each other, I'd probably would pass it off as typical shoujo dramedy crap. I stand to hope that the anime keeps their relationship platonic, since the drama aspect is much better served when the main protaganists are this way.
I dont think that Kitamaru will be able to tolerate Paltom Tiger for very long.
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 06:31   Link #200
typhonsentra

I seriously doubt they'll burn through 8 books given that there are only 8 books out there right now. They're probably planning to try and make this a recurring series, at best I'd expect 4 books per season.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen