AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-13, 13:49   Link #1101
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
/offended Hey, I love Mr. she-male! (Ah, if he was in the female polls, I would have loved that even better!!!) Setsuna could use a spot though.

And Sheryl, hang on!

Tsuchiro, do you have the scan of the NT poll?

there you go
Old 2009-09-13, 14:05   Link #1102
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post

there you go
Thank you for this!
Old 2009-09-13, 19:12   Link #1103
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Mmm~ Hitagi is there as well as Sheryl holding off~ Add Beato-sama and I will be happy. EP 3 ANIME, COME NAO.
Don't forget these polls are pretty much about a month behind, which means Beatrice hasn't really had much polling time. Good to see Koyomi Araragi in the poll as well.. Also Sheryl will probably dip out for 1-2 months before heading back to the top on the back of the movie. She's had a good run.. better than being a flash in the pan...
Old 2009-09-13, 20:27   Link #1104
Tangerine

Quote:
According to laws of fangirls+fujoshis, ambiguous pretty man with their gender hardly addressed can cause so much effect when he crossdress.
But Alto isn't in the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But Tiera? TIERA?! Tiera friggin Erde? Eww!

- Tak
Tieria is the only one who has a good character developtment in 00.
(Setsuna, Lockon and Allelujah, the three of them are bishonens for fangirls. Yun Kouga is the character designer.)

Animage October polls:
1. Yui (K-ON!)
2. Mio (K-ON!)
3. Lelouch (Geass)
4. Hibari(Reborn)
5. Tieria (00)
6. Gintoki (Gintama)
24. Setsuna(00)
29. Allelujah(00)

Animedia October polls:
1. Yui (K-ON!)
2. Mio (K-ON!)
3. Ed (FMA)
4. Lelouch (Geass)
5. Gintoki (gintama)
6. Roy (FMA)
13. Tieria (the only 00 character)
21. Sheryll (Frontier)
Old 2009-09-13, 21:48   Link #1105
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
But Alto isn't in the poll
Best answer for this: Because Alto did not choose in the end, and as much as he is pretty popular way back before when MF is airing, I would admit that Sheryl stole got fujoshis heart support in the end. And basically, he doesn't have anything much visible/easily recognizeable than his pretty face imho : D Oh and his silky sparkly long hair. Not helping that there is almost close to zero "fujoshi fangirling material" moments in MF.

Fact 2: Because beauty is just momentary, and he did not really crossdress in the series Like, we only get a 10 seconds at best including the opening~ Tieria? He did for an episode. And Alto is... Not actually that pretty animation-wise. (No, my dear, he doesn't make me goes KYAAA~~ GOOD -censored- material ! ^_^) Except when sparkly waters shined on him *whistles*

I could go on, but that would require me to go into fangirling mode, so no, I don't want to People's interests are fickle after all, especially in poll like this. Actually I'm so wanting to put because he is Kanda Yuu's carbon copy, so he is not originally pretty, but before it goes out of hand, I will shut it :x

@Wes
You know how Beato really shined in 3rd EP, and 2nd EP doesn't have her shine a lot. Except her being psycho S. Admit it! You love getting trolled by Beato! :E

Old 2009-09-13, 22:31   Link #1106
Tangerine

Quote:
B
Fact 2: Because beauty is just momentary, and he did not really crossdress in the series Like, we only get a 10 seconds at best including the opening~ Tieria? He did for an episode. And Alto is... Not actually that pretty animation-wise. (No, my dear, he doesn't make me goes KYAAA~~ GOOD -censored- material ! ^_^) Except when sparkly waters shined on him *whistles*:E

Tieria was in the polls since S1 was been aired (2007). The crossdressing scene was the episode 33# (November 2008)
The poll in Gundam Ace 2007- 2008, and 2008-2009 for Tieria is the same.
(Gundam Ace isn't for fujoshi)

And actually, Tieria and Innovades except Anew, are sexless.

edit: the crossdressing scene was a Turn A hommage. Loran and Regene have the same VA, Romi Paku
Old 2009-09-14, 00:48   Link #1107
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
edit: the crossdressing scene was a Turn A hommage. Loran and Regene have the same VA, Romi Paku
Except Loran was hot!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-14, 02:03   Link #1108
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Tieria was in the polls since S1 was been aired (2007). The crossdressing scene was the episode 33# (November 2008)
The poll in Gundam Ace 2007- 2008, and 2008-2009 for Tieria is the same.
(Gundam Ace isn't for fujoshi)

And actually, Tieria and Innovades except Anew, are sexless.

Umm, did I ever argue that Tieria's popularity is just because he crossdressed in the S2? Even before S2, he has already been popular, I'm not denying that, and I'm just pointing out one of the reasons why his (or w/e if you call Tieria sexless, I'm not a G00 fan thank you, so I don't have my brain exercised for it ) popularity is because mainly he has ambiguous gender (well, sexless according to you) at first, in which after that, his crossdressing fiasco boost up his popularity (and remained as one of the memorable scenes in some people's cases) later.

I'm not saying that it's only because of his ambiguousity though, just mainly at first, because he sure have quite good characterization later if I have to say ._. But I do admit that his popularity back then has to do with his presumably ambiguous gender at first when the series is first running. And people love 'ambiguous' pretty guy/girl, in the result they tend to focus their view on someone who captured their interest.

If you got that I thought his popularity is unjustified and only because him crossdressing because I compared him to Alto's not crossdressing, then you are dead wrong, because as much as I don't like the series so much, I can understand why the characters can be popular and memorable to some fans, especially on Tieria's and Setsuna's (who doesn't get into Top 10 atm) case. Maybe Lockon, but I'm too tired to think. Anyway, I was only answering your question as why Alto as much as he is also has pretty face and all can't stay in the poll, so better not nitpick much about Tieria's mentioning there heh.

And basically this is not the right thread to discuss it, much more I'm not the best person to discuss it with because I, to be very honest, LOLed much more on G00 than being serious. Really.

P.S: Psst, it's not like Newtype is for fujoshis too And I'm considering the poll in Newtype only because, as I'm saying, I'm not a Gundam fan that much. So why do I bother to look up into Gundam Ace if I'm not even bothering it so much? Oh and I say read again, because I'm pretty sure I include fangirls not only fujoshis there. (Not on Alto's case post though, but sure, be my guest to nitpick)

... I dunno how answering the question why Alto is not on the poll hast to do with Tieria, and I mentioned him only on a line which can be taken as a joke for some people, seriously.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-09-14 at 02:17.
Old 2009-09-14, 02:37   Link #1109
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Except Loran was hot!

- Tak
So Loran was your inspiration?

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
Old 2009-09-14, 02:38   Link #1110
mike_s_6

Actually, he's really sexless according to the staff... therefore he shouldn't be on those polls at all! I also think that Alto's crossdressing, and the mere fact that he's pretty, is part of his charm/popularity when the show was airing. But Tieria had something else other than that, which is a strong relevance to the plot, and a personality you just want to smother with hugs which Alto IMO didn't have

Anyway, it's just a poll right? It shouldn't reflect our individual tastes
Old 2009-09-14, 02:57   Link #1111
Tak

Quote:
Umm, did I ever argue that Tieria's popularity is just because he crossdressed in the S2? Even before S2, he has already been popular, I'm not denying that, and I'm just pointing out one of the reasons why his (or w/e if you call Tieria sexless, I'm not a G00 fan thank you, so I don't have my brain exercised for it ) p
Natsuki dear, lets put it this way. Tangerine is a, shall we say, very vocal Tieria fan, except most of us just don't share his full passion.

Personally, I don't find any of the meisters particularly interesting, nobody in 00 stood out for me. Certainly, the combination of the story and its characters made 00 a memorable show, but if I was to judge characters individually, I'd actually be at a loss as to what to come up with.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-14, 03:11   Link #1112
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Natsuki dear, lets put it this way. Tangerine is a, shall we say, very vocal Tieria fan, except most of us just don't share his full passion.
- Tak
Baww, I don't go to G00 sections much like you and mike_s_6 D: How should I know?

/fails, yesh I know ;_; BROTHER STRAY!! *goes to wherever he is at this moment and cries*

Old 2009-09-14, 04:40   Link #1113
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Me not stray but
*pats nats*
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-09-14, 13:50   Link #1114
Tangerine

Quote:
Quote:
Baww, I don't go to G00 sections much like you and mike_s_6 D: How should I know?

/fails, yesh I know ;_; BROTHER STRAY!! *goes to wherever he is at this moment and cries*
I find Tieria unatractive. I'm a big fan of the "cientifics + beatrice eigen+woman!tieria" theory

If I like the character is because is an interesting character that grows along with the show itself(like Sheryl), it's a character that has a connection with the plot.
Old 2009-10-16, 14:23   Link #1115
Tsuchiro

Quote:
NT October Polls
Male:
1. Kyon
2. Lelouch
3. Shinji Ikari
4. Kaworu Nagisa
5. Kira Yamato
6. Sakata Gintoki
7. Edward Elric
8. Roy Mustang
9. Tiera Erde
10. Koyomi Araragi
Female:
1. Suzumiya Haruhi
2. Nagato Yuki
3. Ayanami Rei
4. C.C
5. Hirasawa Yui
6. Akiyama Mio
7. Senjougahara Hitagi
8. Lacus Clyne
9. Sheryl Nome
10. Shikinami Asuka Langley
NT Nov Polls

Male:
1. Kyon
2. Lelouch
3. Koyomi Araragi
4. Shinji Ikari
5. Kira Yamoto
6. Kaworu Nagisa
7. Sakata Gintoki
8. Edward Elric
9. Tiera Erde
10. Roy Mustang

Female:
1. Suzumiya Haruhi
2. Nagato Yuki
3. Ayanami Rei
4. Senjougahara Hitagi
5. C.C.
6. Lacus Clyne
7. Asahina Mikuru
8. Akiyama Mio
9. Sheryl Nome

Hitagi is moving up!!
Old 2009-10-16, 15:16   Link #1116
Tak

Quote:
NT Nov Polls

Hitagi is moving up!!
So are Kira & Lacus XD

- Tak

Old 2009-10-16, 15:18   Link #1117
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
NT Nov Polls

Female:
1. Suzumiya Haruhi
2. Nagato Yuki
3. Ayanami Rei
4. Senjougahara Hitagi
5. C.C.
6. Lacus Clyne
7. Asahina Mikuru
8. Akiyama Mio
9. Sheryl Nome

Hitagi is moving up!!
December's poll should take into account episode 12 shouldn't it? Hitagi for #1 if so.
Old 2009-10-16, 15:18   Link #1118
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Hitagi for #1 if so.
I love Hitagi, although prior to 12, I had my doubts. She was frightening.

- Tak

Old 2009-10-16, 15:48   Link #1119
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I love Hitagi, although prior to 12, I had my doubts. She was frightening.

- Tak
Who wouldn't be frightened! Also it's good to see Koyomi move from #10 to #3, one of the better male leads in this genre in a long time. Wonder if Sheryl can stay in until the movie kicks her back up to the top.
Old 2009-10-16, 16:07   Link #1120
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Who wouldn't be frightened! Also it's good to see Koyomi move from #10 to #3, one of the better male leads in this genre in a long time. Wonder if Sheryl can stay in until the movie kicks her back up to the top.
The female portion often fluctuates, because there are many contenders for the #1 position as opposed to the male section.

On the other hand, Lacus is now going neck to neck against CC? Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if Lacus ends on top next month.

- Tak

Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite