AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 31 49.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-08, 21:44   Link #21
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Shiori's book speeches/delusions = Kanon's songs
My first response was ''yeah, I guess that's right''

But then I started thinking about for a bit, and while I think they are similar, there is some differences that make Shiori's monologues more justifiable (or for myslef, more enjoyable)

The first thing is that the inner thinking are actually a part of Shiori's dilemma as opposed to Kanon's singing, which was more of showing her role as an idol (her actual problem was due to unresolved matters with her previous bands coupled with self esteem issues and old trauma(?)) and while it did help show aspects of Kanon's personality (she's passionate about singing her songs), Shiroi does the same while also showing an integral part of her problem (she loves books, and has lots of info but she can't get them through).

Also, her ''delusions'' help show why the gap lasted as it did and why she didn't try and break out of her shell earlier (she had already created (or regressed?) into this fictional world where all of her favorite book characters are there, similar to Kemia abandoning reality. I think that's why I think they work better, becuase they are actually important.

I don't think I got that clear though, it's only 2 AM here hope it makes some sense.

Quote:
Worse, since this might go on for another 2 episodes...
No, it'll be for just one more episode.

Quote:
Eh? He wrote on a library book?
And... He did get in trouble for it, right?
He got in trouble with Shiori

I guess he should get in trouble, but then again the only person who'll report him will be Shiroi, so ...
Old 2010-12-08, 21:53   Link #22
paladinenvec

Well i never felt bored in any moment with this chapter it was "pure sugar" with an extremely cute Shiori , no comedy though but it was really enjoyable.
I think that Shori's inner speeches are really different from Kanon's songs , This last ones are there just to extend the show lenght lol, at least with the inner Speeches are part of the problem that must be resolved and well it helps to understand the character a little more.
Old 2010-12-08, 22:04   Link #23
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Shiori is by far the cutest
Old 2010-12-08, 22:42   Link #24
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

She is just... so sad. I feel so sorry for her. I know, it's a little mean but I can't help what I feel. It was still a great episode. The pacing is good but sometimes it feels quite drawn out. What was with her turning into a fairy and all? I haven't read the manga but it feels like they are stretching whatever they can. And I've never heard the word liverish before. I had a big question mark over my head for that one.
Old 2010-12-08, 22:48   Link #25
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

The "baka" and "ahou" parts were voiced out a lot cuter than I imagined. Shiori-chan. <3

In retrospect, Shiori's character is really significant towards general development given her settings; it's apparent that books are to her what games are to Keima, making her one of the first girls to connect with Keima on a level deeper than the other heroines have been capable of, including some of the yet to be featured heroines.

[manga spoiler]

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3

Last edited by monir; 2010-12-09 at 01:28.
Old 2010-12-08, 22:49   Link #26
Dr. Casey

Shiori's easily my favorite heroine so far (And second favorite character altogether after Keima), I wouldn't mind if her arc extended past three episodes. I loved both her attempts at screaming at Keima, and the second one was actually probably worse than the first (The 'baka' was at least recognizable as a scream, the 'aho' was like stereotypical ghost noises or something ). It was sad when those two girls were weirded out by her 100 page review. I'd have read it.
Old 2010-12-09, 02:20   Link #27
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Adorable. Insightful. Romantic. 10 of 10.

PS: I'm glad the subtitles quoted Bismarck correctly unlike the fan translated manga which mistranslated and garbled it.
Old 2010-12-09, 03:43   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

I guess he should get in trouble, but then again the only person who'll report him will be Shiroi, so ...
I hope so. There are still a few more episodes left, and since this is a split cour, for all I know, they might do her arc until this cour ends... (Unless there was already an announcement on how the episodes will go)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

Either way, no good, yes? A librarian not even able to do her work properly.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-12-09, 04:58   Link #29
fukarming

Both Kanon's arc and Shiori's arc is 3 episodes arc, in Kanon's arc I feel the production company shamelessly trying to sell CD to stretch it to 3 episodes. In Shiori's arc I feel 3 episode is right, any less will make it feel rushed.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2010-12-09, 05:45   Link #30
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Wow, does anyone have that pic of Shiori from that last preview bit? That was pretty cute
Old 2010-12-09, 08:51   Link #31
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post
The "baka" and "ahou" parts were voiced out a lot cuter than I imagined. Shiori-chan. <3
Is that what she said the second time? It sounds like a slight gasp to me.

But Hanazawa Kana is really do an awesome job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I hope so. There are still a few more episodes left, and since this is a split cour, for all I know, they might do her arc until this cour ends... (Unless there was already an announcement on how the episodes will gol
I hope they finish the cour with her.
Old 2010-12-09, 13:49   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
hope they finish the cour with her.
Why? Her story can easily be finished with episode 11, leaving two episodes left for something else.
Old 2010-12-09, 14:27   Link #33
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why? Her story can easily be finished with episode 11, leaving two episodes left for something else.
I don't want the final episode to be something like that cake episode is all. And I didn't know it was 13 episodes.
Old 2010-12-09, 15:16   Link #34
eiyuu99

Perhaps end it off with Kami's gaming? Say, "Making a Galge by Kami's standards" or "Kami's Galge Priority".
Old 2010-12-09, 15:45   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As a lot of other people already mentioned, Shiori's "baka" and "aho" were the cutest ever. God, Shiori is just too cute for words.... HNNNNGGGG. She's making this anime worth watching all by herself.

Shiori and Keima are actually very similar. Both delved into their hobbies to the point they started to ignore the outside world. Shiori got to this point because she's very shy and social interactions are extremely difficult for her, but I'm very curious to know why Keima is like this. His aversion for 3D girls is not natural.
Old 2010-12-09, 15:49   Link #36
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As a lot of other people already mentioned, Shiori's "baka" and "aho" were the cutest ever. God, Shiori is just too cute for words.... HNNNNGGGG. She's making this anime worth watching all by herself.
She is too cute. I think she's the cutest character Hanazawa Kana has ever done. [/runs]

Quote:
Shiori and Keima are actually very similar. Both delved into their hobbies to the point they started to ignore the outside world. Shiori got to this point because she's very shy and social interactions are extremely difficult for her, but I'm very curious to know why Keima is like this. His aversion for 3D girls is not natural.
Perhaps we haven't realized the brilliance of 2D girls? Or perhaps Keima hasn't realized the beauty of 3D girls? He just needs some real action, then he'd change his mind.
Old 2010-12-09, 15:51   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
He just needs some real action, then he'd change his mind.
Please don't tell me you actually think that.
Old 2010-12-09, 16:32   Link #38
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post

In retrospect, Shiori's character is really significant towards general development given her settings; it's apparent that books are to her what games are to Keima, making her one of the first girls to connect with Keima on a level deeper than the other heroines have been capable of, including some of the yet to be featured heroines.
Shiori's "baka" was really really really cute . And I agree I noticed that Keima and her do seem somewhat similar with their dislike of reality and finding it to be a bit of a bother. I thought the episode was well paced, I look forward to the conclusion of Shiori's arc next week .
MAL
Old 2010-12-10, 02:12   Link #39
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ok I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought of this but I'm at least 80% sure that the library committee head sounds exactly like Nonaka Ai. That lisp is so distinctive.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:02   Link #40
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

This is being dragged out too long. At this rate they're never going to finish even the heroines shown in the PV, much less get to the more interesting parts of the series...

I did like the Black Jack reference, though, with a bit of an Astro Boy reference thrown in as well (Shiori's imagined father). It's only the parts like this that capture the feeling of the original manga...