AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-03, 14:17   Link #281
Distinction

Marco could have just sliced up his arm and than regenerate it back. Would save up the trouble. And how did they plan to actually free Ace? I doubt there plan was to find the small key in the midst of all corpses etc. And than i wonder if seastone could for example withstand WBs strongest attack (pure strenght not DF ofc).
Old 2010-09-03, 15:54   Link #282
idont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I have a question if a devil fruit user uses haki around the inside of their seastone cuffs can they then be free to use their abilities and break out.
i would think sea-stone cuffs are useless to those who can use haki. rayleigh did manage to get the cuffs off himself when he about to be sold as a slave at the beginning of the saga afterall
Old 2010-09-03, 16:50   Link #283
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinction View Post
Marco could have just sliced up his arm and than regenerate it back. Would save up the trouble. And how did they plan to actually free Ace? I doubt there plan was to find the small key in the midst of all corpses etc. And than i wonder if seastone could for example withstand WBs strongest attack (pure strenght not DF ofc).
Well i think Oda did say in an SBS that there was a limit to Marco's regenerative abilities... loosing limbs could be one of those limits
As for Ace, they would do it the same way they did it for Marco... pick the lock
Old 2010-09-03, 19:54   Link #284
Finre

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
i would think sea-stone cuffs are useless to those who can use haki. rayleigh did manage to get the cuffs off himself when he about to be sold as a slave at the beginning of the saga afterall
The cuffs Rayleigh removed wasnt seastone
Old 2010-09-03, 20:28   Link #285
Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Pregnancies with twins don't/can't work that way.
When her water broke to give birth to Bonney, Ace would be left without enough amniotic fluid. In addition, when she expelled the placenta, Ace would come out too.

When twins born more than several days apart, the second is always stillborn.
yeah man, that doesn't make sense
Old 2010-09-03, 21:27   Link #286
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
yeah man, that doesn't make sense
Neither does carrying a baby that long.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-09-03, 23:37   Link #287
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Neither does carrying a baby that long.
Why doesn't it make sense?

Quote:
While this is somewhat unrelated, this post actually reminds me of another interesting theory I saw pop up a while back: That Jewelry Bonney is Ace's sister. I do admit that theory seems plausible for a few reasons: First, it would explain Rouge's abnormally long pregnancy (like maybe she secretly gave birth to Bonney first, then Ace). ?
This is retarded.

If plausible = retarded, then ok, its plausible.
Old 2010-09-04, 04:11   Link #288
Miccheru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why doesn't it make sense?

This is retarded.

If plausible = retarded, then ok, its plausible.
Maybe she had Rogers semen stored somewhere xD
then its not/less retarded and plausible xD
would be kind off freaky though
Old 2010-09-04, 04:36   Link #289
Distinction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well i think Oda did say in an SBS that there was a limit to Marco's regenerative abilities... loosing limbs could be one of those limits
As for Ace, they would do it the same way they did it for Marco... pick the lock
Hmm lol cant belive i didnt think about that but because they had wax-man it went so smooth so i wondered.

Oda sure hates Zoans if it is true that he cant even regenerate a limb. Enel couldnt die from heartstopps because of his DF and the fruit with the main theme to regenerate can only heal scars etc. ? Sucks.
Old 2010-09-04, 04:45   Link #290
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The one main difference between Marco's regeneration and Logias is that Marco actually heals and Logia doesn't.

When you damage a Logia, you don't damage the user himself, you can't damage him, because he is made up of the element. But if you somehow do damage the user, through Haki, Seastone or some other means, he will be injured. Even if he reforms from his element, he still retains the damage.

But its different for Marco, Oda stated that his flames actually heal him, meaning if he took damage to his body from all sorts of means, his flames will heal that damage. He is a Phoenix, he can probably die and be reborn, though we're not sure how Oda limits that. His healing powers is probably why he looks totally unscathed at the end of the war, after tanking dozens of hits from Kizaru and others.

Marco's ability actually heals instantaneously, Logia abilities doesn't, they only protect the user from bodily harm.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-09-04, 06:34   Link #291
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
I wonder if were are going to accompany the characters all through the two years of if we just get to see a few weeks and than a "two years later" oO

I would reallfy prefer the latter
well, the characters are going to develop in two years and with that "two years later" it won't even be a surprise for them if they meet up again but for us, too

and I rly don't want to see Namie chilling two years in that sky island or ruffy training that color stuff for two years lol
xD
Old 2010-09-04, 07:56   Link #292
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I'd rather we get a time skip and see the result of their training in an actual battle, beating a big name pirate crew after being missing for 2 years... Straw-Hats back with a bang!!
Old 2010-09-04, 08:29   Link #293
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

A 4 week break? However will I make it without my weekly dose of One Piece...

I can't wait to see the results of their training, I'm hyped to say the least. I'd prefer a time skip than spending a few weeks watching their training, to be honest. But maybe one chapter of training wouldn't harm, I'd like to see Mihawk train Zoro. I find it kind of funny that Mihawk is going to train the swordsman who wants to surpass him.

Either way, I look forward to the next chapter.
Old 2010-09-04, 09:30   Link #294
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Long wait!! *sad face*
Old 2010-09-04, 15:32   Link #295
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
If you have what it takes to use Haki then you are likely NOT gonna be guarded by ordinary guards... you will likely be stuck on level 5 at the very least and be guarded by more serious forces; not to mention all that time exposed to the cold is bound to weaken your body. Escape itself is not even really possible... seastone is said to be as hard as diamond, so even with Haki you are not gonna have the strength to break out of your cuffs and cell... and even if you do manage to escape and best the guards, Magellan is who you'll end up dealing with and he WILL crush you.
Well my point is that the chain type seastone cuffs protect against df users not haki users. what diff would it make if rayleigh had cuffs on fighting magellan? the only talked about escape was shiki and that is attributed to his df abilities and crazy mentality. a haki user can cause some sh1t.
Old 2010-09-04, 17:02   Link #296
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Well my point is that the chain type seastone cuffs protect against df users not haki users. what diff would it make if rayleigh had cuffs on fighting magellan? the only talked about escape was shiki and that is attributed to his df abilities and crazy mentality. a haki user can cause some sh1t.
Well the cuffs would seriously hinder their movement, as is the general purpose of cuffs... But all in all, a haki user would never be able to get out of their cell much less their cuffs as those prisons are built to hold the strongest criminals in the world... there is likely a good reason why we never saw anyone in level 5 or 6 outside of their cells (unlike levels 1 and 4)

Haki user ain't gonna do shit if they never leave their cell
And megallan's devil fruit powers make him an absolute beast... i mean Iva may not be on the level of an admiral, but he was beaten effortlessly by Magellan
Old 2010-09-04, 17:31   Link #297
Kallen4life

I'm sure plenty of lvl 5 & 6 prisoners have Haki

so far it's implied seastone cuffs are literally unbreakable .. and the lvl 6 ones are chained to the wall too .. so how would they escape ? with Shiki they only chained his legs and he cut em off

if someone does get out of the cell - I would imagine actually getting to the surface is easier - I mean it's BIG, you can sneak .. the 2 threats to someone like Rayleigh would be Magellan and Shiryu - Magellan : avoid or maybe use armor haki on your arms to prevent poison from getting on the skin .. Shiryu - avoid/beat him .. Ace would simply burn Magellan

afterwards though you're in the middle of Calm Belt with no ship .. although Rayleigh can swim there xD

Shiki just flew away
Old 2010-09-04, 23:35   Link #298
golgo13

well they had some of the prisoners on other lvls doing manual labor outside of the cells on lvl4..i'm not going as far as saying a haki user could escape guaranteed, but could cause some trouble for which the defense wasn't explicitly identified. like what is done when transporting these dudes, they can't simply put cuffs and walk them out like ace, esp if they are nuts..

i agree magellan is a beast and i kind of feel sry for the dude..he took out black beard pirates pretty effortlessly, does that mean none of them can use haki?

as for the power-ups and time skip..its gonna be sweet to see what they will all be able to do, i'm interested in usopp's development, that guy can seem so pathetic at times, but then he busts out sogeking, first time i saw that totally speechless so brilliant, when he got slapped by vivi so many times and had that puffy face bwahaha. its cool how they all have mentors to help them:

luffy: rayleigh
zoro: mihawk
nami: haredas (others?)
usopp: heracles
sanji: ivan (sort of, more of a journey for him)
chopper: hmmm the books?
robin: dragon
franky: dr vegapunk legacy
brooke: hmm? (this is why i'm kind of confused as to what this guy is gonna do, and the fact that he is always isolated, 50yrs alone, and now has to power-up by himself too?)

rayleigh wants to train luffy and teach everything he can. while mihawk may not want to bc he is creating an opponent..although since mihawk is that good he will prob teach zoro everything he can in order to test his own strength too..
Old 2010-09-05, 02:53   Link #299
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Marco should be able to come back from specs of dust. The Phoenix is myth bursts into flames and from its own ashes it comes back rejuvenated. Marco can loses limbs, all he has to do is incinerate his remaining body and then he'll come back as before. He'll probably burst into flames and come back as soon as he gets killed.
Old 2010-09-05, 07:46   Link #300
Distinction

But its not real world "laws". Else Kizaru would be god .
Closed Thread