Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-05, 18:18   Link #101
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoMage
Well, I know that we (Shoujo) will not be working on Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch: Pure till after we finish Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch.
Well, it seems now the time has come to begin working on Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pure, because since yesterday ADV Films has officially licensed Mermaid Melody Pitch Pitch Pichi (season 1).

You've heard it folks, Mermaid Melody Pitch Pitch Pichi (season 1) is now licensed so do not ask for it, at least not in and within AnimeSuki.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 11:57   Link #102
Ookla The Mok

Well. Now that MMPPP is licensed, anyone considering starting Pure? There's only 10 eps to catch up to so far!
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 20:47   Link #103
ever§ruler
Mizuiro

Send a message via AIM to ever§ruler Send a message via MSN to ever§ruler Send a message via Yahoo to ever§ruler
Wouldn't Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch PURE also be considered Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch? PURE is probably licensed too.
ever§ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 22:07   Link #104
Ookla The Mok

No. It wouldn't be considered the same thing. ADV has quite a few titles where they've licensed (and released) the first series but not the sequel series.
Old 2004-06-15, 01:08   Link #105
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Mermaid Melody Episode Synopses

With the licensing of Mermaid Melody, many people are wondering what happens next, since there was still a good 26+ episodes left. Since I had already finished translating the entire series months ago, I will give you episode descriptions and synopses from where Shoujo-Anime left off. If your lucky, youll have one a day.

Episode 24 - My Dream to be a Bride!

Coming back from the South Atlantic, Meru mysteriously arrives at everyones Peach Parfait Hotel once again. This time shes out for what she originally send at the end of the first episode with her appearance -- love! Quoting her, "Well, the truth is, I couldn't forget about Kaito-sama, so I've come for him!" While at the beach together with Luchia, she asks Kaito to marry her, and, SHOKKU, Kaito says yes! New rivalry, Luchia vs. Meru! They go to a wedding chapel in town where they hold real weddings, special events that give people the experience of having a wedding, and new wedding dresses and tuxedo showings. Kaito and Meru plan to have a false wedding, but Luchia takes it too seriously and thinks they might actually get married! As Luchia stalks two in the chapel, Rina and Hanon show up to peek in and see how things are handling out. Hanon is split between cheering for a mermaid from her country and Luchia, and Rina gets stuck into wearing a tuxedo suit! At the big new wedding dress and tuxedo showing, Rina comes out in a tuxedo, with Hanon and Hippo watching. And because of Luchias meddling, shes come out with some other guy dressed in a wedding dress. Since Kaito and Meru went to see this show, when Kaito sees her with another guy, he gets jealous! But before he makes his action, Luchias grooms real partner shows up and they have a happy ending. Luchia steps down, but then Izul and Eril come out wearing new wedding dresses, and break into a fight soon after about who will be Gaito-samas bride. Of course this becomes a disaster when they start using their powers, and the three mermaids transform. For a starting duet, Rina and Hanon sing Ever Blue, and then Luchia comes down in a wedding chair from above, starting her chorus. "To have a wedding is the dream of every girl! And for you water demons to wreck it! With our three voices, we'll sing you a Pichi Pichi Wedding Chorus!" They all sing Super Love Songs! and defeat Eril and Izul. Meru realizes she has to give up on Kaito and takes a final picture together with Rina instead. "I hope to be like Luchia and also soon find myself someone wonderful to love!"
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 01:57   Link #106
Dragosmore
Translator

Episode 25 - The Moonlit Boy

One night, Hanon and Luchia are walking home on their way home from eating dinner. While going across the highway near the beach, they catch a glance of a bishounen who runs into a shed. He was a blonde haired boy, wearing a sailors uniform with a schoolboys hat and bright green eyes. His hair was compared to that of moonlight in color. The two of them run to there the shed is and pull the door open with all their strength, but who walks out isnt the boy, but Hippo. What could this mean? They dont know where the boy vanished off to so they all just go home. The next day, Hanon plots on someway to get the boy, but Hippo seems strangely startled.

Hanon: Alright! In that case, we'll create a few traps for him and catch him!
Hippo: P-Please don't do anything like that, Hanon-san!
Hippo: If you do something that reckless, what am I supposed to do if I get injured?!
Hanon: Why would you be the one getting injured...?
Luchia: Yeah...?
Hippo: Umm... That is...
Hippo: Oh, darn! Look at the time! I remember I had to meet some friends of mine somewhere! Bye!
Luchia: Weird Hippo.

Hippo runs away and runs into some kids bullying Momo-chan in a small river, trying to get him to jump through a ring they found. Foolishly, Hippo tells them to not pick on sea mammals. But when the kids see Hippo, a talking penguin, they chase after him and think hes more fun! Rina saves him from the kids, and Hippo falls with a big puff of smoke and instead of Hippo there, is the same boy from the previous night! Using her intellect, Rina realizes its Hippo and everyone is shocked, despite how obvious it was. Unfortunately, Hippo hates this human form of his. He thinks hes ugly despite everyone else says different. Nikora explains, "I guess there's no helping it. The sense of beauty here and in the sea are just too different." To prove that Hippo looks good, the three girls Hippo to the beach in his human form. Some skirtchasers come in asking Hanon for a date, but Hanon grabs Hippo and forces him to look up and good giving what would seem to be a cute face. The skirt chasers mumble to themselves that theyve totally lost and leave. Hippo then finally realizes hes good-looking in that form. When Kaito comes in and they try the same thing, Kaito doesnt get jealous, but Hippo understands. But then tons of girls come in and begin to fight over him, but Luchia and Hanon tear them away and Hippo begins walking on the beach. Meanwhile, Yuuri goes to Gaito-sama asking if he likes her new outfit, but Gaito doesnt care and sends her away. So Yuuri sadly goes out to the human world and is found weeping on the beach by Hippo. Hippo says he cant leave a weeping girl alone and they get all lovey-dubby and agree to meet again tonight at the same shed. That night at the Peach Parfait Hotel, Taki wants Hippo to change back into a penguin... with a large mallet to do it. Nikora explains how that if he stays in his human form for too long, he might randomly change back into a penguin at any time, and that if that happened in public, thered be a huge ruckus and the truth about the mermaid princesses might be revealed! Of course this means in turn, that Luchia and Hanon would be able to see Kaito and Tarou-chan anymore! So theyre now all against him staying in that form, so he changes back. While Yuuri was still at the shed, Yuuri finds something Hippo left behind - the pearl radar. Apparently she finds out it reacts to the mermaids and she wants to know why it does! Could Hippo be an ally of the mermaids? The next day, Hippo runs into a beautiful pair of red shoes and decides he wants to buy them for Yuuri. He works at Maki-sans beach house to make money so he can buy them. Yuuri spots him working and sees all the girls flirting with him, so she takes it the wrong way and creates a fuss at the beach house. Hippo chases after her trying to explain its a misunderstanding. The three mermaid girls chase after him and Hippo goes over to them to see if theyre all right. Yuuri attacks but Hippo takes the blow and becomes roast penguin from her lightning attack. He floats to the top of the water and transforms into a penguin from the blow, without Yuuri noticing. The three mermaids sing Super Love Songs! and drive Yuuri away. Though Hippo is very injured that night, he goes to the shed in his penguin form and gives Yuuri the shows through the door without her looking.

Yuuri: Hippo-san... this is the first time I've received a present like this since I was born...
Hippo: I'm glad. As I thought, they really fit you well, Yuuri-san.
Yuuri: But... I can't take these...
Hippo: You mustn't come outside, Yuuri-san!
Yuuri: Hippo-san. Why not?
Hippo: Right now... we've been given star-crossed fates...
Hippo: But one day, I'm sure, there will be a time when we can meet again.
Hippo: I will believe that the time will come.
Yuuri: Yes, I can understand during this brief period of time we're going through...
Yuuri: Until the day we meet again, I will be thinking of you and treasure these sandals you've given me.
Yuuri: I don't want to say goodbye...
Yuuri: Until we meet again, stay well, Hippo-san!

Yuuri leaves back into the sea and then Hippo runs towards the sea yelling for her. Hippo returns to the beach the next day and the three girls find out he had been doing the job because he had fallen in love with a water demon. But strangely, washed up on the shore was the pearl radar. Hippo wonders why its there but then sees a reaction of a pearl on it... In a nearby cove, a long purple-hair girl talks. Its the same girl from that time when they had Tarous welcoming party, and the same girl who won the Mermaid Contest! Its Karen!

Karen: My new partners seem to be having some trouble.
Karen: Those girls...

What could this mean?! Just who is Karen!?
Old 2004-06-16, 22:19   Link #107
dimeat
Extremely Lazy Fansubber

You must be bored in Japan, Drago :P
dimeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 19:34   Link #108
Dragosmore
Translator

Episode 26 - Karens Song

During a small holiday break the school has, Kaito goes to some southern islands for a national surfing competition. Kaito claims Luchia wont make it because its so far away, but little does he know that shes gonna go there together with Hanon and Rina to cheer him on. While all of this is happening, the four Dark Lovers come to the conclusion that there keeps being a problem whenever they go against the Mermaid Princesses. Theres four of them and three mermaids, why arent they winning? What should they do? They realize they should combine all four of the powers to finally capture them. Back at the southern island, as soon as the three main girls arrive, they run into Kousuke Sakuya again! That other surfer who also battled with Kaito back in episode eight. He says hell treat her to a meal from before, but exchange, he tells her to give him a congratulatory kiss if he wins this competition. Of course, Luchia doesnt agree, but Sakuya does in his own head, so theres a huge misunderstanding. Sakuya heads back to his room and runs into Kaito and explains the congratulatory kiss thing. Kaito shrugs it off saying Luchia isnt here, but then he sees her. Luchia attempts to explain its a misunderstanding to him. Right as she finishes explaining, before Kaito can respond, a suitcase from a higher flight of stairs falls down and hits him in the back of his shin. He claims it didnt hurt. Later in the day, the three girls go out for lunch but there arent any seats. Sakuya offers one but they all decline. But then he goes serious for a moment and pulls Luchia to the side and confesses that he really likes her and asks if shell consider going out with him if he wins. She didnt really reply and goes back to the others. There all about to head to their rooms, but then theres an announcement that Mitsuki Tarou will be performing a recital outside on the veranda. Of course Hanon goes. Luchia wants to go talk to Kaito so she doesnt, and Rina spots Karen outside thinking shes Noelle and follows after her. During this same time, Kaito and Sakuya make a challenge with one another to get a congratulatory kiss from Luchia should either of them win. After following Karen some, she loses sight of her but then spots a mermaid swimming away in the distance. Again, Rina is confusing her for Noelle but she doesnt chase after her. Back in their rooms, that night, the pearl radar reacts to a new pearl. After hearing that, Rina is almost sure its Noelle. After that, the scene changes again and now apparently rumours are going around that Kaitos been injured. Luchia blames it on herself since Kaito stepped in the way to block the suitcase from hitting Luchia earlier. The doctor tells Kaito to rest and not participate, but that afternoon he does. Luchia tries to convince him to rest, but he wont budge and he tells her to believe in him. Rina caught sight of the mermaid from before again and this time is chasing her into the sea. One of Erils tropical scouting fish notice and tells the four Dark Lovers. At this same time, Sakuya and Kaito duel out in their surfing competition, and Kaito wins. But right after Kaito wins and hes about to get his kiss, Hanons and Luchias pendants start glowing. Rinas in a pinch! Hanon and Luchia arrive in time and their about to start singing Super Love Songs! but then thats when the Dark Lovers attack. With the combination of all of their moves, their live stage is shattered! As there about to finally attack them again to capture them, a voice shouts out, "Purple Pearl Voice!" As Karen transforms, Rina realizes its not Noelle. By just singing Legend of Mermaid, Karen destroys all four Dark Lovers and sends them fleeing. Whether its the song or Karens actual voice which drove them away, Im not sure. The mermaids utter, "Thats the fourth... Mermaid Princess..." and the episode ends.
Old 2004-08-06, 09:08   Link #109
Spar-Q

Send a message via ICQ to Spar-Q Send a message via MSN to Spar-Q
Mermaid Melody DVDs

I'm wondering if anybody knows the forcasted DVD release date for MMPPP? I'm eagerly awaiting it, and ADV has no fan-site up yet for it.. It's not even listed in their catalogue yet :|
Spar-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 09:53   Link #110
TechnoMage
Shoujo-Anime Member

To my knowedge, ADV has yet to announce a date for it yet. It's probably quite likely that we won't see a DVD release of it till next year, though I could be wrong about this.
TechnoMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 18:34   Link #111
Dragosmore
Translator

I asked at Otakon, and though they couldn't give a secure date, they said about as long as their later series' so expect late 2005 probably
Old 2004-08-06, 22:44   Link #112
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Well, now that ep 1 of MMPPP Pure is out, I was wondering if anyone that had seen the raw eps of 24-52 of MMPPP would like to write a short summary of what happened in those eps (for those of us who are impatient for the US release). I'm not asking for a real detailed summary, but just a general idea of what happened. Thanks for anyone who wants to do this!! =)
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 03:08   Link #113
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenichan
Well, now that ep 1 of MMPPP Pure is out, I was wondering if anyone that had seen the raw eps of 24-52 of MMPPP would like to write a short summary of what happened in those eps (for those of us who are impatient for the US release). I'm not asking for a real detailed summary, but just a general idea of what happened. Thanks for anyone who wants to do this!! =)
If you look deeper into these DVD & Licensed forums, you'd notice that I'd already started a summary thread ^^;;;;;;;;;;;
Old 2004-09-23, 03:37   Link #114
Angel-Mermaid

Send a message via MSN to Angel-Mermaid
Question What!

So, you saying that This Show is over there in ENGLISH!!!??? sorry, im new to this and im in love with Mermaid Melody ^^ oh, i hope i get a reply, ive only seen a few clips in japanese and have no idea whats going on!!! i want to order it, but im not sure if its in english yet!

P.S- not sure why this us here but you said -->>QUOTE=Ookla The Mok]OK, I started watching this show on Saturday mornings because it comes on after Sailor Moon (though on a different channel). And I went out and bought the manga (vol 3 comes out next month! yay!).

So what I'm wondering is...evil-Kaito, are you sure his name is Kaito? In the manga his name is Gakuto (in katakana, no kanji), and in the anime sometimes it sounds like they're saying Gaito rather than Kaito (they could have changed it in the anime to avoid getting sued by Gackt, maybe). Anyway the manga still has that thing when Lina shows up where she thinks Kaito is actually Gakuto and there's some sort of connection between them, but why did the anime go and give him the same name (if that's what they did, if it's not actually Gaito) and make it all the more confusing?[/QUOTE]
Angel-Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 04:18   Link #115
Angel-Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ever§ruler
Hello, I'm a Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch fan too. I've already seen all the subtitled episodes (1-17). But, do any of you fans know a website with the lastest episodes' guides? I've found one website that has the summary to all the episodes shown in Japan as of now (Episodes 1-44), http://kaz9n.hp.infoseek.co.jp/works/pitch/. However, the website is in Japanese, and though I've used machine translations to try to translate it, it's still not well readable. So, do any of you fans know a website that has guides for the lastest Mermaid Melody episodes?

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
how did you see the subtitles eps?
Old 2004-09-23, 04:27   Link #116
Angel-Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ever§ruler
After surfing the internet for some time, I stumbled across a German forum that also has MMPPP episodes. The link is http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.razyforum.de/system/thread-mermaidmelodyfullepisodes1ka36-digidreamer-45599-173577.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3DMermaid%2BMelody%2BEpisode%2BDownload %26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DG. It's an google translated version of the webpage. They have full version MMPPP episodes. However, episode 15 and above are not subtitled, but you may still wtache them if you're interested. The movies are all Windows Media format and are all under 20 MB, low quality but not really that low. You may need to register on their forums before you can download. Episode 29 and above is Season 2, the opening theme is no longer "Promised Land" but "Rainbow Notes" and the ending theme is no longer "Daiji no Takarabako" but "Sekai de Ichiban Hayaku Asa ga Kuru Basho" (long title for a song). Note: Besides Episode 1, all other episodes in Season 1 (2-28) will have the opening and ending theme cut off, and besides episode 29 and 30, all other episodes in Season 2 (31-39) will have the opening and ending theme cut off. Hope you enjoy them.
Note: The link I showed you only has episodes 1-36. Episode 37-39 are also on the same forums. Flip through the Downloads section, the topics are "MM 37", "MM 28", and "MM 39".
i cant find where to download anything :S
Old 2004-09-25, 14:34   Link #117
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-Mermaid
So what I'm wondering is...evil-Kaito, are you sure his name is Kaito? In the manga his name is Gakuto (in katakana, no kanji), and in the anime sometimes it sounds like they're saying Gaito rather than Kaito (they could have changed it in the anime to avoid getting sued by Gackt, maybe).
I am pretty sure the evil one (Gakuto in the manga) is Gaito in the anime. However, it's spelled using the same kanji as Kaito in the credits. But it sure sounds like Gaito to me.
Old 2004-09-29, 02:39   Link #118
Angel-Mermaid

Unhappy Episodes

hey, im kinda new and clueless to all this, but i do know that i really wanna see the mermaid melody eps! so does any one know where i can downliad them (and not those torrent things cuase they dont seem to work for me XD), i try using the links on this forumn ,but they dont seem to work !
please help!!!
Old 2004-09-29, 07:03   Link #119
TechnoMage
Shoujo-Anime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-Mermaid
hey, im kinda new and clueless to all this, but i do know that i really wanna see the mermaid melody eps! so does any one know where i can downliad them (and not those torrent things cuase they dont seem to work for me XD), i try using the links on this forumn ,but they dont seem to work !
please help!!!
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch was licensed by ADV earlier this year for english distribution. As such, english fansubs of it are no longer available for download (or at least shouldn't be). If you wish to watch the first series, your options are mainly limited to either getting the Japanese DVDs (or watching any other raws) or waiting for the english DVD release (which does not yet have an announced release date). By the way, even if you were able to find the fansubs of it, you wouldn't even be able to see half the series (no group got that far).

On the other hand, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure (the second series) has not yet been licensed (read: not yet announced by ADV), so fansubs for it are currently available for download, either with BitTorrent (even if you do dislike it, a lot of the current distribution of fansubs uses this), or with going to the IRC channels of groups fansubbing it (#Naisho-Fansubs on irc.EnterTheGame.Com is one such group).
TechnoMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 00:12   Link #120
Angel-Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoMage
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch was licensed by ADV earlier this year for english distribution. As such, english fansubs of it are no longer available for download (or at least shouldn't be). If you wish to watch the first series, your options are mainly limited to either getting the Japanese DVDs (or watching any other raws) or waiting for the english DVD release (which does not yet have an announced release date). By the way, even if you were able to find the fansubs of it, you wouldn't even be able to see half the series (no group got that far).

On the other hand, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure (the second series) has not yet been licensed (read: not yet announced by ADV), so fansubs for it are currently available for download, either with BitTorrent (even if you do dislike it, a lot of the current distribution of fansubs uses this), or with going to the IRC channels of groups fansubbing it (#Naisho-Fansubs on irc.EnterTheGame.Com is one such group).
hey! thanks, i think ill get over it and just buy the dvds, its better that wat any way, then i have a chance of understanding it more i guess ^^! thats if it has english subtitles! now all i have to do is find if i can get a box set or something!!!!

well, i cant wait till the english comes out, but living over here (australia) and not having cable, i have a feeling i wound get to see it!!!! so i have no choice but to buy it... *sigh*, any way, i have some researching to do, so thanks!