AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-09, 00:18   Link #16421
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Kihara-kun should have been perfect in a Toaru Tekken Tournament.
Alas,

Spoiler for img:

More info on Walraute: The MC is unnamed, and it appears to be a romantic comedy set in Scandinavia, where the Norse Gods rule the land. Among the other noted cast are Heimdallr (called as Heirdam in the light novels) and Frigg.

Looks like his research on Norse myth during Toaru Majutsu no Index sparked some ideas.
Seeing him work on three light novels, two manga series, a movie and a game makes you wonder how much of Kamachi is still human.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-02-09, 00:31   Link #16422
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Kamachi has gotten little cyborg writing arms like Umidori.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-02-09, 00:36   Link #16423
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

I bet Kamachi and Nisio would make good drinking buddies (working as fast as they do anyway).
Old 2012-02-09, 02:21   Link #16424
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^this is what i meant a couple pages back, nisio laready have like 4 novels, and a weekly manga, and supposedly have some other projects for this year.
Old 2012-02-09, 03:10   Link #16425
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Base on what ? We only got a synopsis to go on
Well, if the tournament is sponsored by a corporation such as Olay Blueshake's network, that would be like Tekken.

But considering that TAMNI is all about superpowers, I think the tournament would be a King of Fighters style instead. And if you consider the tournament as one giant battle between Science and Magic, that would be Mortal Kombat style if you could see the Earthrealm/Outworld and Science/Magic parallel.

Guess I just have to wait until the release of the tournament volume.
Old 2012-02-09, 03:48   Link #16426
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Well, if the tournament is sponsored by a corporation such as Olay Blueshake's network, that would be like Tekken.

But considering that TAMNI is all about superpowers, I think the tournament would be a King of Fighters style instead. And if you consider the tournament as one giant battle between Science and Magic, that would be Mortal Kombat style if you could see the Earthrealm/Outworld and Science/Magic parallel.

Guess I just have to wait until the release of the tournament volume.
I still say it would be better if other factions jump into the fray for a proper tournament. And that it is a 3 vs 3 fight, maximum of five rounds.
Old 2012-02-09, 03:54   Link #16427
judasmartel
*Author

MvC-style, huh?
Old 2012-02-09, 04:22   Link #16428
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
MvC-style, huh?
MvC 1 and 2 were very memorial. Yes. And MvC 3 was the best thing since sliced bread.
Old 2012-02-09, 05:10   Link #16429
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

ive been wondering, it had been stated that this is gonna be a tournament, but it said a battle tournament?, because i mean, i can see a "budokai-like" if this is some kind of secret tournament, but not if its something public as it seems it is.
Old 2012-02-09, 06:14   Link #16430
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
For me, the world building is excellent.

Now for what I see I_am_kami like more violence and not so much plot, he likes fights but the point of those stories is basically that, here it isn't like that you are entily to change your taste I do admit I was slowly reading this because honestly I was busy with a lot of things at the end I was like OMG.

I am used to slayers that put a awsome plot under lots of comedy and humor, but when it turns to the worse is... ouch.
I say I like Shin Angyo Onshi and Berserk and you get that idea? Lolxelloss
Old 2012-02-09, 11:19   Link #16431
Phibrizzo
Honos628

We are getitng out of hand here but basically complain about the lack of action and violence, I have read berserker and I know it has plot but you basically say ToAru need more violence.
Old 2012-02-09, 13:21   Link #16432
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
We are getitng out of hand here but basically complain about the lack of action and violence, I have read berserker and I know it has plot but you basically say ToAru need more violence.
I think he doesn't means the average kind of violence but the gross aftereffects the action and plot leads to.
Old 2012-02-09, 15:59   Link #16433
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Well so far I can see the after effects of the war, sadly we are viewing things from the academy city residents perspective (aka the winners).
Old 2012-02-09, 16:18   Link #16434
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
It would reflect poorly on Misaka if she throws a fit while they're in the middle of a battleground with an entire country at stake.
She didn't know it would be a battleground at first though. I would have liked to have seen her freak out at seeing him, and then as things got really serious grudgingly agree to work with him, and finally at the end agree he really is trying to get better.
Old 2012-02-09, 17:59   Link #16435
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Well so far I can see the after effects of the war, sadly we are viewing things from the academy city residents perspective (aka the winners).
I was talking about things like Acceleretor being dragged into the darkness when he tries to protect the people he cares, Hamazura being on big problems after messing with the dark side and Touma fighting against magic denomination leaders just because he was saving people. Now they're fighting Gremlin minions, of course I hope that will change soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
She didn't know it would be a battleground at first though. I would have liked to have seen her freak out at seeing him, and then as things got really serious grudgingly agree to work with him, and finally at the end agree he really is trying to get better.
And thats character development for real and no just some of the usual interacions with Touma that leads to nowhere.
Old 2012-02-09, 18:08   Link #16436
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Please, she more or less understand they're not going to Hawaii on a vacation.

And again, having her freak out and verbally attacking Accelerator would just make her look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
And thats character development for real and no just some of the usual interacions with Touma that leads to nowhere.
What your proposing is too standard/predictable.

I prefer it this way, she'll never forgive Accelerator and Accelerator doesn't give a damn about her, but they'll still work together for the greater good rather than some power of forgiveness.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-02-09 at 18:10. Reason: typo
Old 2012-02-09, 18:29   Link #16437
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Please, she more or less understand they're not going to Hawaii on a vacation.

And again, having her freak out and verbally attacking Accelerator would just make her look bad.
More than looking bad it would have been justified, she has a trauma afterall.

Quote:
What your proposing is too standard/predictable.
Predictable like chasing after Toma to Russia and joining Touma's group, nothing out of place.
Old 2012-02-09, 19:50   Link #16438
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
More than looking bad it would have been justified, she has a trauma afterall.
Logically yes, but remember how irrational the hate for Mikoto is at this point already.

Quote:
Predictable like chasing after Toma to Russia and joining Touma's group, nothing out of place.
Just because one action is predictable doesn't mean every other has to follow suit.
Old 2012-02-09, 20:45   Link #16439
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Logically yes, but remember how irrational the hate for Mikoto is at this point already.
Hate? Did I miss something?
Old 2012-02-09, 21:10   Link #16440
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Cover of Volume 4: http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1203.php#new1
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen