Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like TEA ?
YES 164 85.86%
NO 27 14.14%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-11-07, 23:34   Link #21
Meow
So Who Is On Top ?

If you buy as tea you can serve in hot water, hot milk, hot juice.
If you buy it liquid you can serve in anything, food, cold drinks, hot drinks.... anything !
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 23:36   Link #22
Meow
So Who Is On Top ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
I can go without sugar for hot tea, but if it's cold tea, there's gotta be some sweetness in there. Speaking of cold tea, has anyone tried that cold tea they serve at Chinese places, where they put some tapioca in it? Big brown pearls of tapioca, not the glutinous white type. It's quite delicious, though I don't have a clue what it's called.
I love this Cold chinese tea :P The name you have been searching is: boba (mama's breast) tea

You can make your own here: http://importfood.com/bubbletea.html#Anchor-Thai-49575

Last edited by Meow; 2004-11-07 at 23:52.
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 23:47   Link #23
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I drink tea every now and again...

I don't really have any preference...i just drink what's around the house mostly a lemon flavored tea from lipton...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 23:53   Link #24
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow
My favorite Tea is Stevia, MUCH MORE SWEET THEN SUGAR OR HONEY ! And do Prevent cavities and sugar level ! Its just a leaf. not like sugar

Sugar is BADDDDDDD

1 drop of stevia = 3 spoon of sugar
stevia is primarily used as a sweetener in Japan.

http://www.stevia.net/
Hmm, looks like the fda is in the sugar industry's pocket.

Anyway I drank tea before I even knew what anime was, but I don't drink it that often, unless you count iced tea. I also drink coffee on occasion and even tea and coffee mixed. Still I perfer cold drinks most of the time.
Old 2004-11-08, 00:05   Link #25
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

I drink both Chinese (Chai) and Orange Pekoe tea, and I'd prefer Pekoe tea over coffee or coke when at a coffee shop. In fact, I usally order a tea before I go to work.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 00:10   Link #26
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
I like Earl Grey also with some cream no sugar. My opinion sugar kills the flavor for hot and cold tea. Jasmine tea is by far my favorite. I really don't like those flavored teas with the hint of orange, cranberry, mint, ect...

edit: I'll have to try Chai Tea

Earl Grey would be my favorite hot tea, green and chai for Ice teas. During the summer I drink 2 or 3 quarts of ice tea a day.

I don't care for sweetened teas, so no sugar for me, no milk either.

Chai tea has cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger flavors in it, kind of like the flavor of pumpkin pie.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 00:20   Link #27
aahhsin

Quote:
I love this Cold chinese tea :P The name you have been searching is: boba (mama's breast) tea

Spoiler:

You can make your own here:
Boba is the little black balls that are found in the tea which are Taiwanese. The tea itself is just called "milk tea" and give the creation to the british.

Your right about one thing Boba does mean titties. A nice stab at the Taiwanese from the Hong Kong people.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 00:27   Link #28
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Really??? Where can you get this Stevia (not online, please)? Starbucks? Do you recommend any brand? Maybe this can finally get rid of my fear toward tea. Right now...tea...plain bitter, too bitter. If you don't mind sharing, please do tell.
Starbucks tea = crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I like the cheap tea they always serve in Chinese restaurants...I just drink them like water.
Chinese tea = great. Can't remember the exact name of that style of tea, though...I think my grandfather calls it pu ni cha or something like that...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 00:38   Link #29
ramune

Quote:
The alternative names are Pearl tea and Bubble tea. They sound a lot better imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Your right about one thing Boba does mean titties. A nice stab at the Taiwanese from the Hong Kong people.
To be exact Boba means BIG titties. You won't call a girl with flat chest "boba"

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Chinese tea = great. Can't remember the exact name of that style of tea, though...I think my grandfather calls it pu ni cha or something like that...
Isn't it called pu li?
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 02:23   Link #30
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Ah, tea! I love tea. It is the beverage I love best and most often drink.

Usually I drink black teas with sugar and no milk. Lately I've been enjoying Margaret's Hope Estate darjeeling that way.

There are some exceptions though....

Lately I've been enjoying an infusion of rose buds that Oneesama turned me on to. I drink that with honey instead of sugar. While I normally find that honey covers much of the teas complexity, in this rose bud tea it complements the natural flavor and aroma while enhancing complexity. YuUuuUuuMMmmmmy....

There are only two teas that I enjoy with milk. The first exception is English Breakfast. I like that with milk and honey. I brew it darker than other teas also.

For some reason those are the only two teas that I like with honey, otherwise sugar is best.

The other tea that I like with milk is Indian Chai of course. I brew that in milk instead of water so it is almost nothing except for milk. With the intense spices and rich milk it is very flavorful indeed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 02:36   Link #31
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
Do you like TEA?
Wait a second... is it ICED tea??

Nevermind, bad joke. To stay on topic, I like tea, especially the mint flavor.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 02:50   Link #32
Avaj
?!!

I like tea in general, standard mass produced Lipton brand, Chai, Pepermint.
Boy you can suck the flavor out of all sorts of dry things.

That stevia stuff sounds interesting, so even though it's a 'supplement' in the USA can it be purchased in a powdered form to be used like sugar?
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 03:51   Link #33
ato
Oups...

Ahhh, tea. Also my favourite way of ingesting caffeine isomorphic molecules Especially black, hot and without lemon spoilage. Crurrently highest on my list are Assam (golden should be your choice if you can get it at all) and Darjeeling (first flush is better, but it does elevate the price a bit).

Interestingly, I have read that there is sold over 240% more darjeeling worldwide over the cause of a year than is actually produced. That should tell you something about cheap darjeeling tea But seriously, good tea is far, far tastier than practically everything you can get in prepackaged bags. Especially if the bags have been well ventilated (as they almost always have been), making for a total lack of high flavour notes. At least IMHO.

Ah, my tea is getting cold! Means it's time to get back to work I guess
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 03:53   Link #34
???
Unknown

Yeah Stevia is soo sweet that your eye's will blink with just a single drop at your tongue. Ive tryed Stevia Tea and damn ... its more sweet then a cute girl at your bed.

Anywars, that boba tea sounds interesting ! feel free to post recipe
??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 04:09   Link #35
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Interestingly, I have read that there is sold over 240% more darjeeling worldwide over the cause of a year than is actually produced. That should tell you something about cheap darjeeling tea But seriously, good tea is far, far tastier than practically everything you can get in prepackaged bags. Especially if the bags have been well ventilated (as they almost always have been), making for a total lack of high flavour notes. At least IMHO.
That is interesting. I've heard that some people mix a little bit of darjeeling into other cheap black tea and call it darjeeling. But I had no idea that the problem was so sever as to inflate the quantity of darjeeling 240% worldwide! The moral is that you ought to be sure what you're getting when you buy tea.

I couldn't emphasize enough what you have to say about tea bags. Once I got used to the flavor of good loose tea I discovered that the tea bags I had once found quite satisfactory were quite bland due to their lacking those flavor notes. Anyone who has only had prepackaged tea bags only has a vague idea of what real tea tastes like.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 07:05   Link #36
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I think there could be more options in this poll than just YES or NO (eg. "I like tea plain", "I like tea with sugar & cream"...). Anyways, I used drink tea, so I voted yes. My favorite kind of tea is red tea. More specifically, I like Oolong tea [鳥龍茶], and I used to drink it straight up, nearly everyday in the afternoon. But now I have to wake up at 6:30 AM, so I drink coffee in the morning. I find the one-two punch of caffeine and glucose gives me the energy I need to stay awake in my (very dull) bio 101 class at 8 AM. ZZZ.
I drink large quantities of iced tea, but if served hot, I'd probably prefer coffee to tea. Oh, and if the goal is to be awake for a dull class first thing in the morning after getting too little sleep, I'd go with a Jolt Cola.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 07:31   Link #37
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Speaking of cold tea, has anyone tried that cold tea they serve at Chinese places, where they put some tapioca in it? Big brown pearls of tapioca, not the glutinous white type. It's quite delicious, though I don't have a clue what it's called.
Like Meow said, it's generally called Boba Milk Tea, Tapioca Tea, or simply Boba (and for your information, boba means "Big Boobs" in Chinese). In most Asian-infested places such as California, the boba stores usually have a wide selection of tea you can choose instead of the generic milk tea.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 08:03   Link #38
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I like tea, however I don't like tea with sugar, milk, juice or whatever else too much. I just love the plain original chinese tea. My favorite are the "silver needle" tea ( 银针 ) and Longjing tea ( 龙井 ) but the good ones are quite expensive, so I go with normal jasmine tea most of the time. Just put the tea leaves in a tea pot, put in boiling water, wait fifteen minutes and great tea!

My problem with milk teas, cream teas, sugar teas, juice teas etc. etc. is that I think those additives destroy the original flavor and aroma of the tea, and make them taste cheap IMO. If I want such cheap taste I'd go with other drinks. Nothing beats the calming aroma of the plain original chinese tea.

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-11-08 at 13:55.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 08:27   Link #39
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

|ω・)つ 旦~ Would you like some fancy japanese tea?
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 08:48   Link #40
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
|ω・)つ 旦~ Would you like some fancy japanese tea?
personally I don't really like the japanese way of using powdered tea leaves to make tea and consuming the tea leaves with the tea... I just don't like eating the tea leaves, IMO they taste bad, powdered or not...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote