Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-30, 02:27   Link #21
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
It makes sense if you look at it this way; Ichigo can wield Rukia's sealed Sode no Shirayuki, but as long as Ichigo never knew of Sode no Shirayuki's name, he couldn't access Rukia's unique powers, thus making Sode no Shirayuki, in Ichigo's hands, just another normal and nameless zanpakuto...The only reason Ichigo got his hands on Sode no Shirayuki is because Rukia transferred her Soul Reaper powers to Ichigo, so when Byakuya destroyed Ichigo's spiritual powers the first time around, Ichigo had to start from scratch, and thus with some help by Kisuke he would learn of his own inherent power, Zangetsu...

It's not about what the zanpakuto looks like, but rather it's it's name that differentiates one zanpakuto from another...Ichigo didn't know of Sode no Shirayuki but he did know of Zangetsu...
Old 2008-11-30, 08:36   Link #22
Cursing Strike

I think even Ichigo knew the name of Rukia's zanpaktou he won't be able to access the hidden power of Sode no Shirayuki.
Old 2008-11-30, 09:05   Link #23
slowmotion

I think an even more curious observation that I have made is that ichigo's bankai sword also has a very similar guard to byakuya's zanpaktou. In fact, the swords look almost identical. Could this be because byakuya was the first person ichigo used bankai on or is there some type of link between rukia and byakuya's zanpaktous?
Old 2008-11-30, 10:01   Link #24
Cursing Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
I think an even more curious observation that I have made is that ichigo's bankai sword also has a very similar guard to byakuya's zanpaktou. In fact, the swords look almost identical. Could this be because byakuya was the first person ichigo used bankai on or is there some type of link between rukia and byakuya's zanpaktous?
The second command white ripple is also cool.

btw: Ichigo's bankai state zanpaktou and Byakuya's zanpaktou guard's are different.
Old 2008-11-30, 12:32   Link #25
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursing Strike View Post
I think even Ichigo knew the name of Rukia's zanpaktou he won't be able to access the hidden power of Sode no Shirayuki.
Off the bat and in a matter of days on his own, no...But Tousen is able to use Suzumushi with proficiency and that isn't even his own inherent zanpakuto, so depending on the person and the situation, it's plausible...
Old 2008-12-01, 20:36   Link #26
Saki_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Quote:
I always thought she was the ugly duckling we're supposed to feel sorry for.
She is. That's what makes her so hot.
Sorry, but I for one am ready to see the swan already.
Old 2008-12-01, 21:23   Link #27
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼

rukia's zanpaktou is so pwetty 8D~ i hope she'll bankai soon
Old 2008-12-01, 21:37   Link #28
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Rukia Bankai would be really nice to see.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-12-02, 18:04   Link #29
Cursing Strike

That would be "cool".
Old 2008-12-02, 18:56   Link #30
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Yeah, it would be curious what her bankai looks like. However, I don't think she has that greater chance as Ichigo, Renji, and Ikkaku. Whoever else is keeping his/ her bankai a secret. She does not have that resolve in her heart to supprass anyone.
Old 2008-12-03, 02:37   Link #31
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼

all we have to do now is wait and see if kubo will bring it out in this arc .-. .. ah good old kubo... yeah this is gonna be a long wait >,<
Old 2008-12-03, 15:56   Link #32
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
I dunno, I'm pretty crazy

You think so? From your posts you're actually pretty normal. Just with a dry sense of humor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
Since, Ichigo did not have a sealed state and according to himself. He was fighting Byakuya in shiki state.

When he gain his powers back from Urahara training, he should have came out of "Shattered Shaft" in Zangetsu form; the big japanese chef knife.

So... the broken Zanpakotou (not awaken) after he gain his "own" powers was still Rukia's zanpakotou. Can you explain to me, the strings attach to the hilt? Who do they belong to?

I'm just curious.

Although Ichigo found Zangestu and unlocked his power. That was only what we call manifestation. His powers manifested themselves into a form. And avatar of them. Ichigo still had not physically called his soul-slayer out yet or used his own powers. Until he called Zangetsu's name he wasn't using them yet. (His own powers) That is why he couldn't hear the name and still had sword and scabbard that was an exaggerated version of Rukia's

If Rukia were to get a Bankai . I think her first dance. Tsugi no Mai. (Ice circle) would probably cover a larger area or she would probably be able to put more than one in an area. Given a greater range of attacks.

Haikuren would probably be the same. A bigger wave and she probably get something like Ice Circle

The move she used on #9 the faux Kaien. Could probably become a spear or launch part of self, like little bullets.

Last edited by Utsukushii Hono'o; 2008-12-03 at 15:58. Reason: KYAAHHHHHHHHH!
Old 2008-12-04, 01:14   Link #33
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saki_chan View Post
Sorry, but I for one am ready to see the swan already.
Whatever sinks your submarine 8D

Quote:
That would be "cool".
No pun intended, amirite?

IMO, Rukia shouldn't get a Bankai. I don't think anyone else should aquire a Bankai anytime soon(unless there's a timeskip) for the simple fact that Bankai isn't supposed to be the level everyone and their mother reaches. Oh Rukia's Bankai would be awesome without a doubt, but IMO, it just don't fit continuity-wise yet.
Old 2008-12-04, 16:20   Link #34
Cursing Strike

Quote:

No pun intended, amirite?

IMO, Rukia shouldn't get a Bankai. I don't think anyone else should aquire a Bankai anytime soon(unless there's a timeskip) for the simple fact that Bankai isn't supposed to be the level everyone and their mother reaches. Oh Rukia's Bankai would be awesome without a doubt, but IMO, it just don't fit continuity-wise yet.
Hey Ichigo and Renji got bankai, for me Rukia shouldn't be lefted out...and maybe Yumichica should get a bankai too.....Ikkaku has one.
Old 2008-12-04, 18:48   Link #35
HaineOtomiya

Send a message via Yahoo to HaineOtomiya
Rukia's zampakutou is so awsome. They've also just released it in english (finnaly) thought not in the episodes. You can catch a glimpse of it in the movie memories of nobody conveniently sold at wal mart. Wootness for cheap dvds =)
Old 2008-12-05, 00:46   Link #36
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Hey Ichigo and Renji got bankai, for me Rukia shouldn't be lefted out...and maybe Yumichica should get a bankai too.....Ikkaku has one.
They shouldn't get one just because their buddies have one.
Old 2008-12-05, 00:59   Link #37
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

The power of bankai really gets downplayed if everyone and their pet has bankai...At first, only the strongest of the strong, the Captains, had bankai because they had the proficiency and strength of an expert Soul Reaper to weld bankai...

Ichigo is one exception, because he's the main protagonist of the show, so he needs some sort of uber power-up beyond his own capabilities...

But when you start giving the Lt.s bankai, it makes it seem like everyone can achieve bankai and everyone had uver-strength...Of course then you have anecdotal instances where a Captain's bankai is compared to an Lt.s bankai to show the reality in proficiency gaps, such as the Byakuya vs. Renji battle where they both use bankai, and when Sajin easily defeats Po with bankai after Ikkaku gets smacked down for arrogantly not using bankai...But the bandwagon still stands...

Rukia obviously included in the "Shouldn't" mix, just to stay on topic...
Old 2008-12-05, 20:39   Link #38
Aquaman OS

Quote:

Everyone else getting Bankai would cheapen it. However Rukia isn't everyone and their mother, she's the female lead and the 2nd main character of the show. If only one more character achieves it for the rest of the manga/anime it should be her.
Old 2008-12-06, 06:46   Link #39
Cursing Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Everyone else getting Bankai would cheapen it. However Rukia isn't everyone and their mother, she's the female lead and the 2nd main character of the show. If only one more character achieves it for the rest of the manga/anime it should be her.
Agreed, hey if Ichigo learned bankai from her zanpaktou, that wouldn't be fair Rukia.
Old 2008-12-06, 07:01   Link #40
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Agreed, hey if Ichigo learned bankai from her zanpaktou, that wouldn't be fair Rukia.
*facepalm*

The zanpakuto Ichigo first had when he had Rukia's powers was Sode no Shirayuki, but when Ichigo lost Rukia's powers and regained his own power, he also gained his own zanpakuto Zangetsu...Ichigo learned bankai from Zangetsu, not from Sode no Shirayuki...
Closed Thread