AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-28, 15:25   Link #6501
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
There is a middle ground between "I will never contact you again" and "joining in on harem antics!" I just said that she wouldn't be showing up regularly, but, AGAIN, Athena herself said they would see one another again, just not often. You're the one trying to frame it as all or nothing.
It's not the "seeing" part which I consider significant. It's whether or not she has given up on pursuing Hayate or not. The INTENT. If you prefer not to answer this question clearly, fine with me, but it's a fair question to ask IMHO.

Quote:
Sigh. Isn't this what I said? She's not giving up on her feelings, therefore if there's a chance to act on them, she will.
Wouldn't you agree that this is contradictory? She CAN act on her feelings, right here, right now. In my reading, she chose not to do so. She removed herself from pursuing Hayate But this is what you refuse to accept, because it effectively removes her from contention, too. And that's a no-no. Reminds me very much of the old discussion about wanting to sacrifice herself while wanting to live at the same time. What's so hard picking a consistent position without contradictions?

Quote:
She gave Hayate back as a sign of respect and to honor what Nagi did for her, but from now on she doesn't feel beholden to that.
If that would be true, what's the point of temporarily sending Hayate back?

Quote:
If all you want to do is rephrase what I'm saying in slight different ways, let's just save the bandwidth.
It's not merely rephrasing, I'm pointing out what I consider to be inconsistencies. But if you prefer to keep them as-are, okay - let's drop it.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 16:14   Link #6502
babohtea

Hata's a she?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 17:12   Link #6503
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Hata's a she?
Not to my knowledge....

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 18:18   Link #6504
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Not me? I was never a Athena X Hayate fanatic, I just like Athena. And you realize we're debating a story that started out as a gag, right? All of these ridiculous contrivances (on both sides) that are being used to "prove" anything is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if even Hata forgot the small nitpicks that are currently being HOTLY debated.

We'll find out who Hayate picks at the end. You're taking this too seriously for a gag manga. I can understand if it turns out this entire manga actually gives us a deep message about materialism etc., but as of now there's no reason to care so much.
Because the world centers around you?

I couldn't have possibly been making a blanket statement (with the entire argument). You just happened to create the right spark, and your thinking I was specifically attacking you was particularly amusing.

Hata's probably laughing if he's even reading these 'nitpicks', he's probably figured out the story far beyond what we're even speculating on.

Most of them this isn't the first time they've shown up.

It's given us a pretty good about materialism several times. That it doesn't get you what you want.

I tend to use the quotes because it lets people know what I'm responding to. The loss of previous quoting is rather annoying, as things tend to get lost quickly without it, but.. *shrug*

Also, I haven't read the 'spoilers' yet, but wasn't the last one we saw with the ring Hayate? Shouldn't a noblewoman be expected to have more than one ring available to her?

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 19:42   Link #6505
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It's not the "seeing" part which I consider significant. It's whether or not she has given up on pursuing Hayate or not. The INTENT. If you prefer not to answer this question clearly, fine with me, but it's a fair question to ask IMHO.
From what I perceived, she hasn't give up on Hayate (That's the only reason this argument can exist in the first place). Whether she will immediately chase after him or leave it to destiny, only time will tell.

Quote:
Wouldn't you agree that this is contradictory? She CAN act on her feelings, right here, right now. In my reading, she chose not to do so. She removed herself from pursuing Hayate But this is what you refuse to accept, because it effectively removes her from contention, too. And that's a no-no. Reminds me very much of the old discussion about wanting to sacrifice herself while wanting to live at the same time. What's so hard picking a consistent position without contradictions?
If that would be true, what's the point of temporarily sending Hayate back?
It seems, right now, she didn't act on her feelings because she wanted to repay Nagi. Yes, chapter 266 shown that she had a change of mind about truly letting Hayate go due to some unknown reasons, may it be Hayate's tearful confession or Hata strolling us. Who knows, maybe she learned that there is different ways to be with Hayate while he is a butler like Hina and Ayumu still chasing after him. Called it selfishness or honesty, I'm not really concern. I just loved how she operated in chapter 266, and as a fan, I'm very pleased with her actions instead of how it sadden and disappointed me in chapter 265 with her kindness. She has done enough for Hayate already.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2010-03-28 at 20:51.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 19:58   Link #6506
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

"Head spinning like hell"
What are you guys talking about????
Old 2010-03-28, 21:00   Link #6507
babohtea

Bastion Arcion, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing now. I agree with everything your "rebuttal" just said, which makes me think that you just have a fundamental urge to disagree with people. You're seeing personal attacks where they aren't there, and once you get on people's nerves enough, you make them happen. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 21:21   Link #6508
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
i dont even see any form of discussion whatsoever, just drop it guys
indr0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 01:02   Link #6509
Used Can

The issue with Athena right now, in my opinion, seems like a pointless argument. Whilst we can indeed list several of the possibilities for the actions she'll take from now on, trying to say one possibility is more right than another one is just a waste of time, I believe.

Both sides have good points to their arguments. For example, what Mentar said is true. Athena left Hayate go, not only because she wanted to repay her "debt" to Nagi, but she also noticed that Hayate is happy as Nagi's butler. Athena doesn't want to hurt Hayate, and she wants him to be happy; so, she broke up with him, so that he could go back to Nagi. On the other hand, what zodanhko points out is a good possibility. Athena hasn't let go of her feelings for Hayate, as represented by the box she gave to Nagi, while she kept the ring. Naturally, one could argue that's all what it was, and that whilst she keeps her feelings for Hayate, she doesn't necessarily plan to start a new relationship with him. At the same time, another person could say that the reason why Athena let Hayate go (other than the reasons already mentioned), was because she wanted to have a fresh new beginning with him, not as the kids who had a fight and a sad separation 10 years ago, but as a boy and a girl who happen to have started to, gradually, fall in love with each other. In the end, there may be other possible reasons for this, and many different outcomes, but all we can do is list them. Trying to argue whose interpretation is more right is not constructive at all, in my opinion.
Old 2010-03-29, 01:06   Link #6510
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Just ignore all the text from them. That's what I do...

It's utterly pointless, unless of course I'm participating as well. If I'm not, then the discussion is about something that will hurt your head. That's 100% true.

Like babohtea said, it's all just for the sake of arguing. Though that doesn't apply only to Basi-tan, but to everyone seriously replying to him.

Well, that's that. Got nothing insightful to add about HnG, so I'll end my post with that.

^___^
Old 2010-03-29, 01:50   Link #6511
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Just ignore all the text from them. That's what I do...

It's utterly pointless, unless of course I'm participating as well. If I'm not, then the discussion is about something that will hurt your head. That's 100% true.

Like babohtea said, it's all just for the sake of arguing. Though that doesn't apply only to Basi-tan, but to everyone seriously replying to him.

Well, that's that. Got nothing insightful to add about HnG, so I'll end my post with that.

^___^
Meaning what Rah????????
Cause I really can't understand anything anymore......
Damn Math..........
Old 2010-03-29, 03:16   Link #6512
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Meaning what Rah????????
Cause I really can't understand anything anymore......
Damn Math..........
Simply that, you shouldn't bother reading this forum until a new chapter is out. Everyone is trolling everyone, and unconsciously at that!

Well, except that you, and some others don't have that "immunity" to not perceive that, and thus become the victims. Yeah, you probably won't understand what I mean, and neither will anyone else. But that's ok. It feels good being the only sane person around here~

*says good morning to neighbors with a .50 cal*

AhaHAhaHAhAhahahaAHhah!!
Old 2010-03-29, 03:56   Link #6513
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
In the end, there may be other possible reasons for this, and many different outcomes, but all we can do is list them. Trying to argue whose interpretation is more right is not constructive at all, in my opinion.
I think it's not about who is "right". I'm just curious in what the various A-tan shippers think about it. Because I smell yet another "want to have a cake and eat it" moment.

zodanhko's position (she has reconsidered and is still gunning for Hayate) is consistent and credible, but Athena loses much of her saint's halo here which she was awarded for giving up on him.

musouka's position was different, but I'm not 100% sure if I understood the nuances right.

My position (keeping the ring signified that she still loves him, but not that she's actively gunning for him now) retains the saint's halo, but also removes Athena from the contention - at least for the time being.

Working this out is what I consider fun and worthwhile about this show ... whoever disagrees is free to ignore it.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 06:43   Link #6514
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
*says good morning to neighbors with a .50 cal*
*Fires back with an AK-47 with a silencer on*

Good fucking evening, mate

^.^

Nothing new, seems that time seems to slow, very slow a lot now. The intensity fell now, and according to HnG, time started ticking, ticking to what anyway?

HmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMmMMMmmmmmMMM, It's really tempting for me to read the wall of text before us Rah, but it's not really that interesting to you huh? I've read it anyway, yes it's just running in circles.

Wondering what to do now, maybe we've got to invent a time machine! And go 2-4 years in the future, I'm going browse the internet for the future 100+ chapters and save it in my usb, then go back here and tempt to sell it for the highest bidder. chow~

brb building time machine. :3
Old 2010-03-29, 06:57   Link #6515
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I kinda hoped you would've disagreed I wanted to discuss that but I guess that won't happen now lol
hahaha... don't worry our views will differ one way or another so arguments are gonna come naturally

Quote:
But anyway, now that we know that where the end point of this arc is, I wanted to ask a question to everyone: What were your most/least favourite moments from the Greek Vacation?
my fave would be the izumi vs. athena it's my fave battle so far...
and also the part where athena was having a monologue while hayate's trying to rescue her...

least fave? don't really [know, i was too concentrated on EoTW-related arcs

Quote:
Okay, so what is your position? Does Athena intend to keep her word to let Hayate go back and NOT interfere in his life or not?
it's not really interfering with his life.., it's more like "not interfering with his happiness"
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 08:47   Link #6516
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
saint's halo
Save that for your angel from now on, please? ^.^
Athena doesn't really need any rating to be an awesome and fascinating that character she is. Everything she does pwn, driving both her fans and the other fans insane, and the constant arguments proved it.
Old 2010-03-29, 10:27   Link #6517
Used Can

Indeed, Athena is like The Rock, and the other girls are just jabronis. Hina would be like John Cena, who's terribly popular. But we all know John Cena can't wrestle.

Well, Maria would be like Stone Cold Steve Austin, because she's always minding her own business, and I give her a "hell yeah!".
Old 2010-03-29, 10:44   Link #6518
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

If anything Hinagiku is like the Rock while Athena is Stone Cold...back in the day Stone Cold could even be considered more popular than The Rock but The Rock is more mainstream popular outside of wrestling than Stone Cold, so more people know him
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 11:00   Link #6519
Used Can

That's very debatable, in my opinion. Because, whilst I'll agree Stone Cold was the face of the WWF/WWE for most of the time, The Rock was not only the most popular wrestler (even before he started making movies), but the one who had the biggest effect on people (both fans and non-fans of his). You just have to see the reactions of the people whenever The Rock was speaking, or they way in which he easily controlled his fans. The Rock was unique in that regard. And, sure, Stone Cold had a hell load of fans as well, and he was loved too, but I don't think he was charismatic in the same way as The Rock, and I don't think he had the same effect on the people. As an unrelated note, I'd say Ayumu would be like Shelton Benjamin - i.e. one of the most underrated characters around.

Anyway, back to HnG, I wonder what will happen now that they went back to Japan and Nagi's lost her inheritance. Will she lose everything, like the mansion, and/out tuition and Hakuō?
Old 2010-03-29, 12:05   Link #6520
zodanhko
*ignoring*

We know for sure that Nagi has money from the stock market but it won't be enough to maintain the mansion. I think whether she loses the inheritance or not, Nagi will probably continue going to the Hakou, thanks to her friends or possibly Athena, to interact with other cast members. And the thing is, Mikado may just let it go with some loop holes...

An unrelated note...although it's late.
It seems that Athena didn't control the pelican because the rock that made the pelican dropped the hat was from Athena, not Nagi.

Tags
comedy, shounen