AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-10, 11:10   Link #1101
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
@Comar: How's your work coming along
Slowly. I sorta pumped that prologue chapter out without too much effort, but now I'm sitting back and taking a look at where I want the series to go. It's mostly plotted out, this being just the A's timeline I'm working on and not the whole thing, but there are still some details that need to be hashed out before I keep going.

Initially, for instance, I had pinned Alex at being a pretty decent fighter as Nanoha's main characters go, but then I thought it would be better for him to be completely outmatched by the Wolkenritter, at least in melee skill, even with the cartridge system installed in Scarlet Thunder; which makes sense, after all he's a self-taught street punk and the Wolks are elite knights. The only major role he's slated to play in A's is to support Vita during her initial battle with Nanoha, and then help her fight off Arf when episode 2 rolls around. He spends most of the series trying to get up to Signum's and Zafira's levels in melee skill, then lends Nanoha and Fate some support in the battle with the BoD.

There's also a possibility that he'll wind up being Yuuno's 'rival' for the duration of the series, with Yuuno getting himself an S2U to be able to keep up with Alex. I may not think too much of ferret boy, but he does deserve a little more time in the spotlight... so long as he doesn't get between Nanoha and Fate....

I've also been giving more thought to how exactly his rare skill works and what the effects are. At present the best thing I could compare it to would be the SEED Factor, sans the jewel effect.

Anyways... I've also had my attention diverted in the past few hours by a new character concept for an OC who gets introduced in the timeskip, but I want to work out her character concept with Kero and Kha before I go off half-cocked and post anything about her here; we all know what happens when I post a character concept without completely thinking it through...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 11:52   Link #1102
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
There's also a possibility that he'll wind up being Yuuno's 'rival' for the duration of the series, with Yuuno getting himself an S2U to be able to keep up with Alex. I may not think too much of ferret boy, but he does deserve a little more time in the spotlight... so long as he doesn't get between Nanoha and Fate....
I'm fine with Yuuno getting some time in the spot light and all but he doesn't need a device. This is the guy who was able to tank vita with one hand while still working out the way to get out of the barrier at the start of A's.

If he can do that with Vita, I'm sure he's able to defend against your OC... who you've already said isn't as good as the knights melee wise. Sure he's not going to do much damage either but that's a different story.
Quote:
Anyways... I've also had my attention diverted in the past few hours by a new character concept for an OC who gets introduced in the timeskip, but I want to work out her character concept with Kero and Kha before I go off half-cocked and post anything about her here; we all know what happens when I post a character concept without completely thinking it through...
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 12:47   Link #1103
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
I'm fine with Yuuno getting some time in the spot light and all but he doesn't need a device. This is the guy who was able to tank vita with one hand while still working out the way to get out of the barrier at the start of A's.
Yeah, about that...

I'd like to remind all the Yuuno fans that Nanoha did almost exactly the same thing while blocking one of Vita's Swallow Fliers without transforming... or at least for a few seconds. Also, Vita didn't have any cartridges backing that attack up, nor was she using any melee-enhancing spells like Shiden Issen or Haken Slash. Alex, by comparison, has a pair of device units linked to a single AI core, with a cartridge system in each one, giving him a significantly larger storage capacity than Levantine or Graf Eisen.

Quote:
If he can do that with Vita, I'm sure he's able to defend against your OC... who you've already said isn't as good as the knights melee wise.
Not exactly. He's not as good in melee, as in sword-to-sword or fist-to-fist with another knight or one who has emphasized the martial arts. The Takamachi siblings, for instance, could rip him to shreds in a pure no-magic sword fight. On the other hand, he's perfectly capable with the spells that he has, and if his attacks hit, they will hurt as much as Signum's or Vita's attacks. It's not a matter of power so much as technique and strategy, and Yuuno is going to have to either tank his hits or start using binds and fighting smart, hence the S2U to help expand his capabilities a little.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-10, 13:07   Link #1104
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Small correction, Comar. Yuuno didn't just block Vita's attack, he held his ground against Vita untill Nanoha Breakered the Barrier. Nanoha got thrown away a few seconds after blocking Vita's non-powered attack.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 13:35   Link #1105
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
So has anyone come up with the TSAB or mage equivilant to an AC-130 yet?

I've love to see someone/something that can pull the roll of standing off in the sky at range but providing precision direct fire support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbP89...eature=related

(Hayate could probably do it... but she's admitted she's got bad accuracy without Rein, PLUS she uses the wrong tactics. I'm thinking of something that orbits a target area and just puts down a lot of fire.)

I actually wanted to stick a retracting side cannon of some kind (pulse cannon, laser cannon, whatever.) on the Deep Sky back when I was dragging concepts out, just so it could play the mock role of Gunship... but I knew that would get shot down if I armed the thing.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 13:44   Link #1106
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Jumping on Hayate just because we saw her fire Hraesvelgr once is a bad conclusion. Besides, she was S-rank at the time, so in my case, I'd say that high-ranking Mid mages (say, AAA or higher?) should be able to emulate most of the things an AC-130 can do. Mid mages specialize in long-range and wide-area attacks after all.
Old 2008-06-10, 13:57   Link #1107
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Small correction, Comar. Yuuno didn't just block Vita's attack, he held his ground against Vita untill Nanoha Breakered the Barrier. Nanoha got thrown away a few seconds after blocking Vita's non-powered attack.
Which proves Yuuno is highly skilled with barriers

That or Nanoha is just really, really bad with them. But either way we know Yuuno > Nanoha in terms of barriers. (Which makes sense if she just has to be beamspam you to death )
Old 2008-06-10, 14:00   Link #1108
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Ah well, might as well get this going ...

MICRO BACKLOG BREAKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I meant that these game companies do not exist on this "Earth"...
Wha-? USODA!

They be missing a lot of helps from those games, then.

Quote:
Give about a year, and we should be able to start landing on Northrend to attempt any remote form of defrosting, if WotLK isn't vaporwared again.
*flails in ice*

Come save me, quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
You have seen harem and romantic comedy anime before haven't you?
To be honest ... no.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but the old Pixy was NOT a nice person at all...
Yep, you said it loud and clear. Though, with Vita around, he seems to mellow quite a lot ...

Quote:
Not exactly...
Spoiler for No Mercy:
Felix is like Nanoha only meaner and with far less compassion for those under him, but he’s mean because he cares; probably…

This gave me quite a laugh! So, when he's mean, he cares, eh? That means ... he cares A LOT for Vita.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Spoiler for Prologue: Falling Snow:
I was right when I continued prodding you to release it.

This is giving me some sad, painful feeling, but at the same time, it has a small touch of hope in it.

And that music ... it's divine!

Quote:
Might just be me, but I smell EVE Online.

And that idea of surviving bloodlines in secret works a lot, and for Albion it looks alright. It certainly is a lot better than Khrack flying about of the Sankt Kaiser leaving behind a bloodline that exists to this day, and so the Inquisition wishes to purge her, the Nod want to turn her, and Kha'd wondering what is the most appropiate way out of the mess...

It's really fun Khrack, but it's the first Khrack of its kind that could turn everything the Belka believed in on its hea--!

ZOMFG Plot Mindburst!

PEEEEEEFLAAAAAARE!!!

What in the world just struck Kha?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Good... but I don't like it. Nothing against you though.

These are the kind of parts in books I dislike the most, especially if they're LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNG. I feel that such reflection doesn't need to be explicitly over-pushed, personally.
Ah, not to worry about this. Transition chapters are supposed to give you a first-person view from the character's personal experience, therefore shedding some light into how they are interconnected. I have to admit that this particular one is longer than expected, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
Oh, and this is the longest chapter so far, with 6800 words, have fun.

previous chapters: index post

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

There you go, comments?
A rather interesting chapter, detailing a possible route to Precia's insanity and Alicia's "death". I rather liked the Bear and the Wall, they're growing very much closer to one another.

A little into the lab's destruction didn't make sense to me, though. I didn't really get how the "accident" happened; it seems as if the materials that Alphonse had Alicia bring with her were reactive to something, and it reached even to Davram's underground chamber?

That said ... LITTLE FLAT-CHESTED IMP FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Huff... finally!

I really stuck here but I'm happy that I was able to finish it.

So... here is Part 4 of my main story! Enjoy!

Spoiler for Part4:
Ah, we get to see some "more normal" side in this one (I was still reeling from the darker future), though it seems that Elric's "conditions" are being revealed, and they are ... nasty.

Rinya's getting all better, and Elric's forming new bonds with a new friend and colleague. This sets the stage for the future enhanced bond known as girlfriend and boyfriend, no doubt!

*FLEES AT EPIC SPEED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
*pops in*

Quick present then.

Spoiler:

Wordier than I expected but I felt like it so what the heck.

*pops out*

Awwwwwwwwwww~ Nice, warm, and fuzzy.

So, the future kid for this fated couple is a cute, adorable, Mommy-and-Papa-doted child called Lily. And Hayate and Grandis share a most loving relationship.

I'd say that this scene earns the OC Award of Best Present for Hayate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
~MSLN GenerationS~
Chapter 3
Part 1
[/CENTER]

Spoiler for GenerationS: Chapter 3.1:

Well. That ended up longer than expected.

But that's not the end of it!!!

Please wait for the second part of my assortment of presents for Hayate!
Shamal getting ... teased this badly is new.

I'd say that Hayate's pranks are getting more flavorful, and by the time she meets with Grandis, the fireworks are well-maintained. The reminiscences on Aurion is a good touch (and it serves as valuable reference).

The only thing missing from this chapter is ... THE NEXT SCENE!

Quote:
W00t! New photoshoped image!

Hm... I'm getting better...

Spoiler for Heavily modified fan-art:

It seems like Elric has begun the harem of his own ...

*FLEES!*

Quote:
Well I got inspired today and went on a bit of a writing binge managing to pound out quite a bit so I present:

Chapter 3.2: SNAFU Part 2 (the big text makes it harder to miss!)

Spoiler for SNAFU Part 2:

That one was a bit heavier then the last but not much about 5,400 words total though it's not over yet obviously! But at least at long last the fight scene has begun! Took my ass long enough to get it rolling. Given that I've already got a few thousand words done for the next segment it should come quicker god willing.
Well, well, it seems that we have the Return of the Drones. And they seemed rigged up a little better than their predecessors.

Felix seems to be in a lurch right now, confounded by illusions and jams. Miller and Keller (whoa, they rhyme ) took out their batch of Drones with aplomb, though the devastation it entailed ...

Anyway ... do I smell electronic countermeasure wars coming up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
*spreads some crack in here, too*

Spoiler for Battle Speech:

*RUNS LIKE HELL*
I AM BEFRIENDED!

*flails from his icy prison in Northrend*

... If someone would release me from this damned ice-cube, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Ahem, Double Post. Sorry, AS really didn't like the length of my post

The ZENITH Project
~Act One, Scene One~

-snip-
Hmm, hmm, so this is the real chapter, eh?

Interesting start, and I can note the rivalry radiating from you against me. I won't lose!

The starting girl/woman seems to strike a resemblance to a certain someone I have a hunch on, but we'll see how later.

Death Surgeon, Serpent, seems like Ashcroft lives by a lot of aliases, eh? And Acous's friend, too. This is bound to be interesting development.

Ashcroft seems a little nonchalant in the battle with Cecile, though that's probably because he already knew how Cecile would react in the spar. Credits for Ashcroft's ability to maintain the fight, and Cecile wasn't too bad (but the ratio wasn't helping much ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Spoiler for Trailer:
God-machine kind of reminds me of the Sapphire Rose by David Eddings, for some peculiar reason, and a little tied to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. The philosopher-king, on the other hand, seems to be Ancient Belkan, even Al-Hazardian. Mayhap the ancient kings of the world suffered because of their meddling in technologies far beyond their comprehension? This sounds like an epic work in progress.

P/S: The Latin makes them sound even ... more epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Only prosecutor we have is krisslanza, and she is only interested into making Phean's life a living hell. And PFlare fails as attorney. NYAAAA!!!
You don't have to put it that way.

I failed only because Suzaku admitted to her own contraptions, thereby invalidating my defense.

Quote:
Somehow I have now the impression that Aaron is one of those nice, cute characters who, when they explode, are so scray that you shit your pants...
I don't think you're wrong.

In fact, I think you're ... ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Quote:
Entirely possible to use modern police as an example if a police force wants to operate in another's jurisdiction it plays totally by the home teams rules and conditions, and this is acutally pretty rare to start with as most police forces will want to handle it themselves.
Exactly my idea.

Quote:
As we've already established/theorized, the navy places less stringent requirements on the balance of power in its' fleets, so Hayate has little trouble getting the crew to stick together, though Fate, as an Enforcer, will have to float around the fleet and do time serving on some of the other ships every now and then. Nanoha, Signum and Vita serve as commanders for the ship's sizable garrison of combat mages, while Shamal is the leading medical officer and Rein II is the ship's first mate.
Sorry for throwing monkey wrenches only after this long.

Canonically speaking, Nanoha is one of those mages who like the fly in the sky, not in space. It's been detailed quite extensively in both anime and manga that she likes and wants to be an Air Force mage. If you were to make her into a Navy/Enforcer, this would certainly entail some extensive modifications to her profile in your timeline. I'm not saying that it cannot be done, but it requires you to provide some backstory for support.

Quote:
The coin is still up in the air on that one. I'm not sure myself.
Well, I suppose I can work out their relationship a little more in the coming chapter, then (and pretty much, everyone else's). If you don't mind, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
@PF: Mighty late but to answer your query from the breaker on the first page, Warding Swarm is limited to the likes of barriers and jackets. The spell's primarily used to break contact so it's made towards attacking the user in the immediate vicinity to get them to back off instead of threatening everything else, which would be too complex for the spell to break down anyway.
Ah, don't worry too much about it. I kinda forgot about them myself. And the reply is reasonable enough, so I'm fine with it.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 14:13   Link #1109
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Jumping on Hayate just because we saw her fire Hraesvelgr once is a bad conclusion. Besides, she was S-rank at the time, so in my case, I'd say that high-ranking Mid mages (say, AAA or higher?) should be able to emulate most of the things an AC-130 can do. Mid mages specialize in long-range and wide-area attacks after all.
Hayate behaves more like a flying MLRS than an AC-130.

I'm not jumping on her per-se. She specializes in wide area devastation attacks, we know that.

But she SAID herself that her accuracy isn't too good. (She's clumsy with ranged shots.) And that's at a standstill.

Neither of these are good in an urban combat area where one needs careful precision firepower. For the most part, almost all the combat in strikers took place in an abandoned city, where the only friendly fire concerns were other mages who could clear the area.

Transpose the canon shooting pair to some place that's very busy. Instead of Fate jumping them at close range and spooking them.... have someone stand off at three miles and pick them off with a rooftop smashing attack, while still on the move, perhaps circling. Even then, I don't see a mage managing that kind of firing pattern. Concentraiting on a target area several miles away while circling at high alltitude is a bit of a split in concentration.

(While hovering in one place does make a more stable firing platform, I don't see it as a good idea for a mage to sit in one spot taking 'potshots', especially when you're busy looking at an FOV the size of a pen-cap. But then, I don't see mages able to focus on long range targets while skeetering around in the sky at high speed usually wanting either out of necessity or instinct, to watch where they're going.)

On top of this, I just don't see the group of Aces we know utilizing a tactic that conflicts with their natural tendancies this much. Put it one way, Tiana should have been acting as the Forward Observer for either Hayate, or Nanoha, who would fire from way beyond even scope ranges and with her guidance, pluck a target off before it even knew it was under attack. But that never happened.
(There are a lot of shoulds, that weren't. But that's neither here nor there.)

Either way, Hayate's no AC-130 in performance.
Old 2008-06-10, 14:15   Link #1110
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I thot it was just Fate, unless you started counting the older OCs. But you can see that I went and made something bigger out of it, as usual.

Another thing is, that by hiding in Jail's bases, TSAB won't know they are there, no? And since Jail and Skane are in cahoots,

And I don't quite think Skane failed in StrikerS too.

However, I could use the rest of this, with some modifications. Woud you mind?
Skane partially failed. The idea was to use Jail as a leverage for his own goals, but with Jail's failure, that plan went down the drain. Fundings were lost, but the loss of NOD members was non existant, even the risk of exposure that exists for Uomo turned out to be false, as Cinque chose not to reveal Uomo nor his true alliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
It's been at least a year since I first posted my characters in the thread, but in light of information discovered since then, I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my entire cast. Creating a new branch for my OC's is just the first step towards doing this and more will be done as I get the time to do so. Pretty much just bear with me until this is complete (Might take a while so I'm apologising in advance )

If you see any problems with anything or would like to suggest something, please comment on it and I'll get to it when I can. Also the info for EU85 (the designation for pretty much all my OC's) is still not fully complete, so I'll be updating this post as time goes on.

-Liingo

Not the most imaginative name but...

Introducing the Naval Support Offfice

Spoiler for Naval Support Office:

Spoiler for Selection and Training:

EU85
EU85 was set up in MC0059-MC0060 due to expansion of the administrated areas, meaning that the ships of the fleet were forced to cover a greater area, stretching their already thin resources. EU85 would be the 5th of such new additional units sent to training within 2 years and within 3 years of their initial deployment, the number of units had swelled to 90. Initial selection occurred during September (9th) of 0059, with the final members decided by February (2nd) the next year. The 85th finished training with a squad size of 10 members, all hovering around A rank, with one possessing AA power, but lacking the skill to utilise the power efficiently.

Reforms introduced by command (mage rank caps, etc.) in the late 60’s meant that many of the units within the NSO, EU85 included were suddenly above the limits prescribed by HQ. To counter this threat to their ability to function, many just rebranded the subgroups present in each unit as separate squads (Spellweavers and Spellhunters).

Just recently in MC0075, a new squad has been added to the unit’s rosters, the Spellblades and are currently still in training.

Current Status (EU85):
-Squad 1: Spellweavers (Enforcer Support Operations)
-Squad 2: Spellhunters (General Support Operations)
-Squad 3: Spellblades (Training)
So this is like the Navy's AAS or SAFA? Nice, can't see any glaring issues on a first glance, so this has the green light as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post

That or Nanoha is just really, really bad with them. But either way we know Yuuno > Nanoha in terms of barriers. (Which makes sense if she just has to be beamspam you to death )
Actually, Nanoha is very very good with Barriers. Remember how Quattro and Diece complimented her on blocking Diece's attack?

And imagine, Yuuno is even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Well, I suppose I can work out their relationship a little more in the coming chapter, then (and pretty much, everyone else's). If you don't mind, that is.
Have at it.
Old 2008-06-10, 14:30   Link #1111
krisslanza

Quote:
Actually, Nanoha is very very good with Barriers. Remember how Quattro and Diece complimented her on blocking Diece's attack?

And imagine, Yuuno is even better.
Not to argue but thats not the best example considering this is when Nanoha is a very famous combat instructor and the "Ace of Aces". In A's I meant

I'd also imagine she may be better then Yuuno by StrikerS considering all Yuuno does now is use search magic and stuff to find things in the Library.
Old 2008-06-10, 14:40   Link #1112
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:

Official site said that Yuuno is a barrier mage.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 14:49   Link #1113
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Hayate behaves more like a flying MLRS than an AC-130.

I'm not jumping on her per-se. She specializes in wide area devastation attacks, we know that.

But she SAID herself that her accuracy isn't too good. (She's clumsy with ranged shots.) And that's at a standstill.

Spoiler:
Well, we know that both move-and-fire and move-and-shield is possible (A's and some scenes in StrikerS show this, albeit rarely) so its easier to write that of as an animation choice then an imposibillity (the studio thought 'FIRING DA LAZER!' was cooler then a tactical battle) and chose to do it like that.

And do note that I said Hayate wasn't a good choice because we hardly got to see her do anything, plus the fact that she's a Belkan mage, while I noted that the ones best suited for this task would be Mid mages.

Quote:
Not to argue but thats not the best example considering this is when Nanoha is a very famous combat instructor and the "Ace of Aces". In A's I meant
Good point. Allright, better example, in Season 1 she was able to block Fate's Photon Lancer: Phalanx Shift, while trapped in a Bind no less. Someone who sucks at Shield spells should not be able to do that.

Quote:
I'd also imagine she may be better then Yuuno by StrikerS considering all Yuuno does now is use search magic and stuff to find things in the Library.
*sigh* We'd have known that if Seven Arcs allowed Yuuno to do something.

I mean, right now we're shooting in the dark. For all we know yuuno kept up with his own training in-between his work, but we don't know.
Old 2008-06-10, 14:59   Link #1114
krisslanza

Quote:
Good point. Allright, better example, in Season 1 she was able to block Fate's Photon Lancer: Phalanx Shift, while trapped in a Bind no less. Someone who sucks at Shield spells should not be able to do that.
She blocked it? I thought she took every single hit during that attack hence why when she came out she was all beaten and damaged. Since the bind wore off AFTER the spell was done.

Quote:
*sigh* We'd have known that if Seven Arcs allowed Yuuno to do something.

I mean, right now we're shooting in the dark. For all we know yuuno kept up with his own training in-between his work, but we don't know.
True, true... I suppose it depends on how busy he is with his library work and his exevactions (Can't spell that word )
Old 2008-06-10, 15:01   Link #1115
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:

:
Wait...

I could have sworn she didn't block the shot... just tanked it head on and kept up out of sheer determination. Nanoha did that again with Vivio in StrikerS. (Smashed into walls and stuff... but kept on trucking.)

Nanoha seems like the type who would keep on coming at you like an avalanch even after you took off an arm.
Old 2008-06-10, 15:02   Link #1116
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Wait...

I could have sworn she didn't block the shot... just tanked it head on and kept up out of sheer determination. Nanoha did that again with Vivio in StrikerS. (Smashed into walls and stuff... but kept on trucking.)

Nanoha seems like the type who would keep on coming at you like an avalanch even after you took off an arm.
In any case, we know this for sure: Mess with Nanoha, you're screwed in the end XD At least in a plot situation :3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 15:03   Link #1117
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm *rewatches scene* you know... now I'm not sure myself. We don't see any shields apearing before the things hit, but after the smoke clears we do get to see a small flash of a magic circle...
Old 2008-06-10, 15:38   Link #1118
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Question for any psychology majors present:

The OC I mentioned in one of my last posts is slated to be an artificial mage used as a guinea pig by a TSA scientist secretly involved in illegal research on AMs, artificial linker core enhancements, and unison devices (He's getting away with this because he's got the Main Branch's Regius-equivalent covering his ass for him. He's also connected to the guys who made/experimented on Agito). The plot I have laid out for her involves her being used as a test subject for a new Unison Device which goes far better than her captors expected. She busts the limiters placed on her wide open before losing consciousness, whereupon her Device initiates a Unison Accident and blasts a path out of the lab. Shortly thereafter, the two are encountered by Hayate (who was visiting the lab for a surprise inspection on account of an anonymous tip pointing to the scientist's experiments), who talks down the Device after a short but intense battle and takes both the device and the mage into protective custody.

Now the question is: if a person were to suffer some sort of severe, personality-altering trauma (such as being raped or subject to prolonged excruciating pain) and then have their memories of that trauma erased via Repressed Memory-type amnesia, would their personality reset to the way it was before the trauma occurred or would it remain the same?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-10, 16:05   Link #1119
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Question for any psychology majors present:

The OC I mentioned in one of my last posts is slated to be an artificial mage used as a guinea pig by a TSA scientist secretly involved in illegal research on AMs, artificial linker core enhancements, and unison devices (He's getting away with this because he's got the Main Branch's Regius-equivalent covering his ass for him. He's also connected to the guys who made/experimented on Agito). The plot I have laid out for her involves her being used as a test subject for a new Unison Device which goes far better than her captors expected. She busts the limiters placed on her wide open before losing consciousness, whereupon her Device initiates a Unison Accident and blasts a path out of the lab. Shortly thereafter, the two are encountered by Hayate (who was visiting the lab for a surprise inspection on account of an anonymous tip pointing to the scientist's experiments), who talks down the Device after a short but intense battle and takes both the device and the mage into protective custody.

Now the question is: if a person were to suffer some sort of severe, personality-altering trauma (such as being raped or subject to prolonged excruciating pain) and then have their memories of that trauma erased via Repressed Memory-type amnesia, would their personality reset to the way it was before the trauma occurred or would it remain the same?
From what I understand of psychology, it differs from person to person. However in this situation, having her personality reset would not be out of place. She could retain fragments of her previous personality, a subconscious change, or just completely revert to her pre-trauma personality.

Or you could toss it all into the wind and create the Third personality, the persona spawned after the amnesia to cope with the current outside world. This would make original and the altered personalities suppressed unless a certain even triggers those repressed memories.
Old 2008-06-10, 16:05   Link #1120
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Before we dive into that, I want to scroll up a bit and ask a question: How important to the overal plot is to to have the TSAB involved in this experiment? The guys that experimented on Agito, for example, were not related to the TSAB. Having this Regius-ish guy connected to them is... well, more info is needed on this. For personal curiosity, really.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content