AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2003-11-27, 10:03   Link #61
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
and I was particularly impressed with their editor. Many lines that were awkwardly or unclearly phrased in the other three versions were crystal clear and natural sounding here.
Is it the same guy that worked on Last Exile? The editing in that OWNED.

Well, in light in this thread, I'll probebly be picking up the Kraze version when the series gets a bit futher into its run.
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 11:42   Link #62
King_Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
To those who have been following my quest to find the perfect version of Chrno Crusade 1, I can say that I am finally happy. Ani-Kraze has put out a version that blows away the other three. It gets top marks in all categories. Their encode is beautiful and I was particularly impressed with their editor. Many lines that were awkwardly or unclearly phrased in the other three versions were crystal clear and natural sounding here. As for the encode... not only is it the sharpest of the three, but it is also the smallest. :shock: If they keep up this file size I'll be able to get five episodes on a disk. Don't ask me how they did it, but it is clear that they did it.
sorry but i would have to disagree with you here. i dled a-keep's version and stumbled upon this thread. so i took the liberty of dling ani-kraze's version as well.

imho i think a-keep's version is clearer than ani-kraze's but still the clarity of the episode from each group isn't good anyway.

also, imo, the editing of zni-kraze is quite awkward in a few scenes which i personally did not like. the typesetting used is also nothing out of the ordinary. a-keep's editing to me has a smoother flow and their typesetting for me was top notch. it's big but not too big that i can sit about 2 metres away from my 15 inch screen laptop without straining my eyes at all...

but that's just my own humble opinion.

warmest regards.

Last edited by King_Kevin; 2003-11-27 at 13:34.
King_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 12:25   Link #63
drvtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Kevin
also, imo, the translation's of zni-kraze is quite awkward in a few scenes which i personally did not like. the typesetting used is also nothing out of the ordinary. a-keep's translation to me has a smoother flow and their typesetting for me was top notch. it's big but not too big that i can sit about 2 metres away from my 15 inch screen laptop without straining my eyes at all...
I think that unless you know Japanese, I don't think you can comment on it but you may comment upon the editing. As I do work for A-Kraze, I won't say which group to get as I will be biased. But like I said earlier, please comment on the translation if you know Japanese, if you do, I apologize for my comment and ask for your forgiveness in my assumption. But if I am correct, I must say that you should just comment on the editing. I have yet to download Akeep's or any others cept Akraze's. I think we need a wtf review on this show since it seems we're entering another who's better war.
drvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 13:25   Link #64
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Ghostbusters+nuns with guns+cross flashes+hentai scientist+elf+satanist=
Don Eunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 13:33   Link #65
King_Kevin

sorry drvtech...thanks for pointing it out for me...should have said editing instead of translation...and no i don't know much about japanese...sorry again...i edited my post to eliminate any further confusions about my post...

anyway what i really want to to say is that for a person who's doing the translation of a particular episodes...to me the most important thing is INTERPERTATION of a sentence...i myself know 3 languages... and for a particular sentence for each language, it is said in a different way to one another when translated...if literally translated the whole sentence wouldn't make sense or would have a completely different meaning...

what i'm really looking out in a group's work is first the typset used...for e.g i prefer a-keep's typeset over the other groups...and then i look at how smooth the editing is done to keep the story free flowing...

i'm not trying to create another "who's better war" but i honestly feel that NoSanninWa is a bit too bias just because he likes ani-kraze's version over the others...imo he should have said something like "everybody should check out ani-kraze's version as i think it is good" or something like that and not go all out and say "Ani-Kraze has put out a version that blows away the other three".

everybody's opinion on a groups' work defer from one another (apart from translation).

again i apologize...should have said editing instead of translation...

edit: this is only my opinion and i am not being bias as i am only stating my preference...

warmest regards
King_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 14:01   Link #66
ChaosWing
runpsicat slave

Actually, nosanninwa is rather unbiased...he equally speaks his mind about groups' releases.
ChaosWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 14:02   Link #67
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomomi
Just watched the anime. Loved it too!

Anyway, for those who have read the manga, can you tell me how many volumes are there? Is it completed? Thanks!
Easily done - at this point the manga is unfinised, but looks to be at the end of its run. Unless the creator actually starts something completely new in the way of a storyline (and given how tight his work has been at this point, I find it unlikely that he'll try to drag things out just so the manga runs longer) the series will probably run about eight or nine volumes total.
Rune~Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 14:58   Link #68
Togabito_Ion

Let me make an additional note to Rune Grey's statement, though. J-Comx has managed to get all the way up to vol 4. 12/25 is the release of vol 7 in Japan... and from what I know, its still running in Dragon Age, currently. If he moves at a faster pace, vol 8 should be ready to go by next May or June, because I'm betting two or three acts of it have already been serialized.

...and what's with that title of your's, anyway, Rune? :3

Last edited by Togabito_Ion; 2003-11-27 at 15:17.
Togabito_Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 16:06   Link #69
Firebrand

Of course, what this all REALLY comes down too...

What group do you prefer?

Alot of people will download the akeep version over anyone elses because of name alone. Not to say anything bad about quality, but to acknowledge the fact that SOME groups have a large NAME RECOGNITION (Otherwise known as the Big 5)

I myself working with Infusion am stating this from MY point of view...

I've always trusted Sylf (the translator) and the editing team i work with to do the best job they can, and get it as accurate as they can.

I also know the same thing goes for the team at Akraze.

And by all means, if akraze's version absolutely crushes everything else, feel free to download that version (we will see how long it takes you to go naruto fan ^_^)
Firebrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 16:18   Link #70
Killerattacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlite
Anime-Keep = Anime-junkies of today.

How can you actually miss a so obvious line as "Plesure Line"
in the opening when the god damn songs name is that.

Never more Anime-Junkies erhhhm Anime-Keep

A-Kraze great work your release is the best to this date
I think this is a little harsh. Akeep does/did great Jobs with Wolfs Rain, Maburaho, Tsukihime etc. You shouldnt generalize because you think one of their series has a bad subbing.

@ultracarl

my comment was about the translation differences. Of course there cant be joint of like Akraze and Akeep to improve translation, editing etc. and making a almost perfect sub, no each group has to do it on its own. Yeah I know there are reasons against it like - let me think... no, nothing comes to my mind...
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 17:22   Link #71
K_R
also known as K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
I think this is a little harsh. Akeep does/did great Jobs with Wolfs Rain, Maburaho, Tsukihime etc. You shouldnt generalize because you think one of their series has a bad subbing.
To have done well in the past, places no certainty on doing well in the present, or the future.

You can find justification in his 'harsh' opinion of keep - keep is a big name group with rep, and they have done well in the past, so you expect them to do well in future and present.

I'm guessing that his 'harsh' comment stems from keep's quick release and obvious blunder (unverified, I have only seen ultracarl's screenshot comparison page), which is something that you attribute to AJ.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 17:23   Link #72
Archuka
A territory most absolute

This show ROCKS!

I just finished watching the first episode and it was simply awesome!
The action was tight, the humor was excellent and it had lots and lots of priceless faces. Can't say much about the plot just yet, but it could be very interesting.

I will absolutely follow this series.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 17:25   Link #73
aquilus
Dismember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
Is it just me or could Rosette pass for Seras' twin sister?
I felt a bit like that too ... although the difference in the time frames of the respective series would make it rather impractical in reality ;P
aquilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 18:12   Link #74
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

I actually thought Rosette might be that guy who dresses up like a nun from Guilty Gear for a while, was scared to drool like usual. ^^

Anyone else wish the people comparing different groups had their own thread to spout off in?
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 18:16   Link #75
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Oh come on, Akeep's subs are pretty good. People are fussing over it cuz they missed "pleasure line" in the opening?
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 19:02   Link #76
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Kevin
also, imo, the editing of zni-kraze is quite awkward in a few scenes which i personally did not like.
I agree with you. There are certain places where editing could have been better IMO. But I think I will still follow a-kraze's release since their overall score is the best among three versions I've watched. It's not a perfect release that I'm sure of. But even commercial DVD releases can be disppointing too let alone free fansubs.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 21:44   Link #77
ChaosWing
runpsicat slave

aquilis! your avatar rules!
ChaosWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 23:14   Link #78
skylion

IMO, the [SuYu_TnH] has been on eof the best I have seen. My codeces work well, and this one didn't catch as much as the others (if at all). The translation was a little better than most, but not by much.
Now, maybe a Triad version will come out soon....
skylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-27, 23:51   Link #79
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

SuYu and TnH has spent the pass few days looking into the different sectors, and we happy to say that we will be releasing a version 2 pretty soon... the encoder might not be me though hehe.. completing with 2 other encoders >_<

the v2 will have quite a number of subs correction.. this was due to that fact that we had some confusion with the story plot in the first ep... Also, more colors ^^ and sharper video. Correction of Op and Eding lyrics translations. Stay tune ^^, we will also be using a tracker which is compatible with Animesuki's stats system ^^
holyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 00:25   Link #80
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Guh, can anyone tell me the name of the fricken ending theme? So far I've heard "Sayonara Soldier" "Sayonara Solitaire" and "Sayonara Solitude"
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote