AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-13, 21:00   Link #361
tresor

series 10/10 loved the spareness and the feel & that I was spared @ the end for a long involved explanation about izamai & inami or whatever else that I do not care about.
The Mao episode really rocked towards the end.
the complaint I heard most about for downgrading was lack of Hei as there are mostly Hei fans w/ people I follow this with.
I have nothing to really add about the series, as it stands well on its own, and the series gives many things for one to reflect upon on ones own.

I ran the ending for my group of people 1 week after Christmas & running the ending on Christmas Eve was really brutal:
"I'm all about subtlety and nuance trust me" I don't think the creator runs in that direction though.
I saw the last episode on Christmas Eve & was pretty embittered by it, the actual ending, & the running on Christmas Eve.

I would be surprised if there was not a season 3+, I mean is the guy that created this really going to do better than this, & I think his attitude is more the road roles on, rather
than ending things.

Suou tribute, replace the dopey youtube picture with a picture of Suou when listening to it. Featuring Suou's greatest characteristic Tension & now X- that she is dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9t2z7x58VI

Last edited by tresor; 2010-01-13 at 21:19.
Old 2010-01-13, 22:22   Link #362
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

He loses Pai, then Amber, then Yin, then Suou, and then loses Yin again? That's subzero cold, man.
There are others females left in the world. He can always find someone else. Suou was proof of that.

Yin was a goner as soon as she was sealed in that container. You don't survive for very long without food or water.
Old 2010-01-13, 22:38   Link #363
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yin was a goner as soon as she was sealed in that container. You don't survive for very long without food or water.
For the record, nobody said, nor was it shown, that Yin didn't get any sustenance. They probably did for her what they do for coma patients. Or heck, for all we know that box was a stasis chamber. If they didn't plan on keeping her alive, then there would have been no point in boxing her up in the first place; they woud have just shot her or tossed her in an incinerator or river.
Old 2010-01-14, 07:36   Link #364
orion

Quote:
For the record, nobody said, nor was it shown, that Yin didn't get any sustenance. They probably did for her what they do for coma patients. Or heck, for all we know that box was a stasis chamber. If they didn't plan on keeping her alive, then there would have been no point in boxing her up in the first place; they woud have just shot her or tossed her in an incinerator or river.

That was what they wanted to do but she gave in. They were prepared to kill her from the start. You don't see any IVs, peg tubes or any other way to deliver liquids so it's prob a good assumption that she wasn't getting any. No marks on her body at all. Not even a bloody nose from NG tube placement. Besides she was dangerous so I doubt that they would allow tubing near her. It could be used to strangle them. They only thing that was shown that she got was oxygen support. By the time Hei got to her, she was in a coma and was considered just a "shell", Her body was being allowed to die imo.

They should have just killed her from the start imo. Dying from starvation and dehydration isn't pleasant.

Last edited by orion; 2010-01-14 at 07:52.
Old 2010-01-14, 08:11   Link #365
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
That was what they wanted to do but she gave in. They were prepared to kill her from the start. You don't see any IVs, peg tubes or any other way to deliver liquids so it's prob a good assumption that she wasn't getting any. No marks on her body at all. Not even a bloody nose from NG tube placement. Besides she was dangerous so I doubt that they would allow tubing near her. It could be used to strangle them. They only thing that was shown that she got was oxygen support. By the time Hei got to her, she was in a coma and was considered just a "shell", Her body was being allowed to die imo.
I know they were originally planning to kill Yin, but they didn't. After that, there was no point in keeping her locked away if she was dead or they wanted her dead. Whether we see tubes or not, it doesn't change the fact that there wasn't any point in keeping her in that box at all if she was dead or they wanted her dead. And if it was just going to be a slow death, then there was even less point in locking her up. All they'd have to do is shoot her. Why spend the time and money with the box and the guard? Just kill her and be done with it. But they didn't. Which proves they later decided to keep her alive. As "Golgo 13" said, when Suou's attack back in episode 6 woke her up, they had hoped she would choose to seal herself away again, which means she was still alive in that box and has been since, until she left her body. And she only "died" when she left her body.
As I said, for all we know the box may have been a stasis chamber, for which there would be no need for tubes. And just because we didn't see any tubes in the box the one time we saw inside it doesn't mean it wasn't meant to sustain her life. They're using hover cars and flying cars in public; who knows what kind of medical technology they have. And as I said some time before, what's the point of the oxygen mask if they're just letting her die? She'd have died long ago if she wasn't getting sustenance, at which point the oxygen mask is completely pointless.
None of this makes any sense; if they're just going to let her die anyway, then there's no point in the box, sealing her up, or the oxygen mask that we do see. It's obvious the box was meant to keep her sealed up, but alive. As you said, they should have just killed her from the start, if they weren't trying to keep her alive. The fact that they didn't disproves the idea that they were letting her die.

And about the strangling with tubes part, I think you're reaching way far there. Where's the evidence that she'd use physical violence? Nobody has even said that she was actually murderous. The only thing we've seen is that she's killed a bunch of Contractors. Hei has done plenty of that, too. We didn't and don't know Yin's reasonings for what she did yet. For all we know she may have thought she was helping people by killing bad guy Contractors (all the Contractors we've seen her kill have been bad guys, after all), and wouldn't attack anybody else. Either way, there's no real indication that she'd turn into Jack the Ripper, break open her box, and violently kill people with tubes.
Old 2010-01-14, 09:55   Link #366
orion

Quote:
I know they were originally planning to kill Yin, but they didn't. After that, there was no point in keeping her locked away if she was dead or they wanted her dead. Whether we see tubes or not, it doesn't change the fact that there wasn't any point in keeping her in that box at all if she was dead or they wanted her dead. And if it was just going to be a slow death, then there was even less point in locking her up. All they'd have to do is shoot her. Why spend the time and money with the box and the guard? Just kill her and be done with it. But they didn't. Which proves they later decided to keep her alive. As "Golgo 13" said, when Suou's attack back in episode 6 woke her up, they had hoped she would choose to seal herself away again, which means she was still alive in that box and has been since, until she left her body. And she only "died" when she left her body.
As I said, for all we know the box may have been a stasis chamber, for which there would be no need for tubes. And just because we didn't see any tubes in the box the one time we saw inside it doesn't mean it wasn't meant to sustain her life. They're using hover cars and flying cars in public; who knows what kind of medical technology they have. And as I said some time before, what's the point of the oxygen mask if they're just letting her die? She'd have died long ago if she wasn't getting sustenance, at which point the oxygen mask is completely pointless.
None of this makes any sense; if they're just going to let her die anyway, then there's no point in the box, sealing her up, or the oxygen mask that we do see. It's obvious the box was meant to keep her sealed up, but alive. As you said, they should have just killed her from the start, if they weren't trying to keep her alive. The fact that they didn't disproves the idea that they were letting her die.

And about the strangling with tubes part, I think you're reaching way far there. Where's the evidence that she'd use physical violence? Nobody has even said that she was actually murderous. The only thing we've seen is that she's killed a bunch of Contractors. Hei has done plenty of that, too. We didn't and don't know Yin's reasonings for what she did yet. For all we know she may have thought she was helping people by killing bad guy Contractors (all the Contractors we've seen her kill have been bad guys, after all), and wouldn't attack anybody else. Either way, there's no real indication that she'd turn into Jack the Ripper, break open her box, and violently kill people with tubes.
The fact that she wasn't killed outright doesn't prove that they were trying to keep her alive. They did what people do for certain endstage of life people nowadays. No IVs. No nutition. Just keep them comfortable with oxygen and let them go on their own. Plus, if they had killed Shion, she would have been turned into a weapon or an energy source. So the oxygen had a duel benefit of keeping her alive if they got to Shion and keeping her comfortable to allow them to let her go if they didn't. And with not much support staff, her continued existence wasn't a high priority imo.

And there's no indication that she wouldn't kill her captors either. They're law enforcement with a prisoner who is a known killer. You don't go making assumptions that the prisoner won't turn on you especially when she's 1/2 of the Apocalypse imo. Lucy was very adaptable with what little she had to escape in Elfen Lied. It's not unreasonable to assume Yin couldn't otherwise also.

Last edited by orion; 2010-01-14 at 10:07.
Old 2010-01-16, 13:46   Link #367
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
He loses Pai, then Amber, then Yin, then Suou, and then loses Yin again? That's subzero cold, man.
Have no fear, Misaki is neeeear
After watching episodes 3-12 in one go, here's what I think:
a)The apocalyptic prophecy was weak, the whole season has been "too much trouble for nothing".
b)Hei was awesome even if he was drunk and w/o contractor powers.
c)
Quote:
The only thing we've seen is that she's killed a bunch of Contractors.
I'll blame the weak plot for killing her character base like that, not that I've ever considered Yin anything more than one of Hei's old buddies.
d)Misaki on the Hei hunt felt forced, she barely knows the guy but people suggest she has the hots for him as if all the tabloids in the world were writing about it.
e)The ending was nice, although confusing as always. Love the ending theme
Overall score: 8.5/10. Could have been better, but it could have been much much worse!
Old 2010-01-16, 17:36   Link #368
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
You mean the lady he was two seconds short of killing without a second thought or hesitation before Suou stopped him?
Old 2010-01-16, 18:47   Link #369
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
And then she lost him as a result of the deal she made with The Gate...
Old 2010-01-17, 03:33   Link #370
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, gotta love the irony
Old 2010-01-17, 07:55   Link #371
Hobbit
. . .

It seens that Yin becomes a new Judas.
Sorry Yin, you are not moe/loli enough, so we want you to burn up in hell.

After all that was said about the reasons why Bones would not kill Yin, and the fact that the anime didn't show us that Yin is really dead, I thought that people would, at least, give room for doubt in this subject.

Well, I was wrong.
Old 2010-01-17, 09:07   Link #372
Suimancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I'm sorry to break in here and maybe interrupt a discussion, but I just finished watching the final episode and I was moved to tears. That was one of the most beautiful endings of an anime I've ever witnessed.
Good to hear comments about the emotional aspect of the ending being DtB was also/more of a drama. Then again, Suou despite being the main character was not well received by some. Unfortunately, these viewers cannot understand that Hei is a very "healthy" man. As the 2 seasons and manga showed, he needs a steady flow of lolis to feed his appetite for the underaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
There's a lot of things that are skipped out or just plain difficult to understand because of its vagueness.
That's what I liked about the show.

Quote:
Not sure about this since I'm not done with the manga, but it would seem Azusa ( the sexiest of Hei's loli harem) should also belong to this list. I find it funny that our grim reaper is also a lolicon magnet . Too bad Hei is starring a show whose genre was not conducive for his lolicon tendencies.
Old 2010-01-17, 20:09   Link #373
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
It seens that Yin becomes a new Judas.
Sorry Yin, you are not moe/loli enough, so we want you to burn up in hell.

After all that was said about the reasons why Bones would not kill Yin, and the fact that the anime didn't show us that Yin is really dead, I thought that people would, at least, give room for doubt in this subject.

Well, I was wrong.
Yeah, Yin is getting a little long in the tooth there.

Well she was named Izanami this season. Izanami dies from childbirth and goes to a very dark place in the myth. BONES did say that Yin appears to be dead... So we do have reasons for saying what we say here.

Guess we'll find out next season if there is one. If there is one, I'm hoping that Suou returns to Hei.

Last edited by orion; 2010-01-17 at 20:21.
Old 2010-01-18, 05:30   Link #374
Hobbit
. . .

Quote:
Yeah, Yin is getting a little long in the tooth there.

Well she was named Izanami this season. Izanami dies from childbirth and goes to a very dark place in the myth. BONES did say that Yin appears to be dead... So we do have reasons for saying what we say here.

Guess we'll find out next season if there is one. If there is one, I'm hoping that Suou returns to Hei.
And you trust that? Since BONES said it, probably she is alive XD And don't take the myth too serious.

As for a new season, I don't have any doubt that there will be a new one. But for now I just want the OVAs and maybe next year some more DTB. I think that BONES will take her time and see how the BD sell. And, even if Yin is dead (and it is a possibility), if the OVAs make some money, they can just bring her back. In DTB, things don't need to make sense. Any sense.
Old 2010-01-18, 07:53   Link #375
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
And you trust that? Since BONES said it, probably she is alive XD And don't take the myth too serious.

As for a new season, I don't have any doubt that there will be a new one. But for now I just want the OVAs and maybe next year some more DTB. I think that BONES will take her time and see how the BD sell. And, even if Yin is dead (and it is a possibility), if the OVAs make some money, they can just bring her back. In DTB, things don't need to make sense. Any sense.
It was in a discussion about the last ep. The guy was explaining it so there is more than a slight chance of it being true.

Yin is not a seller of items anymore as a character. Suou has more range as a character to sell items imo. Misaki would even sell more imo.

The OVAs are bundled with the second season ep, not separate IIRC. You're going to need them to fill in the backstory and isn't an index of Yin marketablility imo.
Old 2010-01-20, 13:52   Link #376
RAD_ED

I watched the last ep and I'm totally lost, I have no idea what just happened , can some one please quickly explain what was going on.
Old 2010-01-20, 23:39   Link #377
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD_ED View Post
I watched the last ep and I'm totally lost, I have no idea what just happened , can some one please quickly explain what was going on.
Here's a summary post.

The explanation post really needs to be stickied.
Old 2010-01-21, 02:37   Link #378
klare

it is ok to be lost

another season will be out soon to clarify things up (or make u more lost)
Old 2010-01-21, 14:43   Link #379
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
it is ok to be lost

another season will be out soon to clarify things up (or make u more lost)
confirmed that a new season is coming?
Old 2010-01-22, 07:41   Link #380
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
confirmed that a new season is coming?
No, we're just hoping for one.