AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-29, 19:40   Link #221
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I think we should clear how the phenomenon memory alteration works first as there are seemingly more then one theroeis about it:

1st: memories completely are blocked shortly afterwards, chibiki incidentally remembered one of the deceased; records are also altered

2nd:Memories are partially blocked, to an extend that one would still know all his classmate's (the Another's included) name. records also altered
As soon as its over Chibiki Compares the reverted records with the names of 3-3 people and gets the identity of the deceased this way which he writes on the class roaster as a note every year.

To clear this once and for all:
He specifically points out that in a certain record the deceased was not wrote down in Episode 6 his exact words are like:
'Notice that no one is listed as deseased on that page. It never came clear who the dead person that year was.' (Talking about Ritsuko's class 7 years ago in Episode 7)
He notes the name down every year.

I have in return correct my theory about twice in a row to:

'The dead one this year is the same as 7 years ago' -> memories + record got altered so that 'it never became clear'

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-02-29 at 20:09.
Old 2012-03-01, 17:34   Link #222
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post
One thing's for sure. The range of the phenomenon isn't yomiyama. It's tied directly to the 'another' which leaves everyone that went on the trip as suspects, with Reiko being the prime suspect.
Disagreed. Hot Countermeasures Girl is a LOT more likely. But it can be any of the students who were there, including Silent Glasses Girl, Energetic Dude Guy, Screaming Melon Guy, or maybe (and that would be funny, altough this is the LEAST likely) Carsickness Guy. Kouichi and Mei also can't be ruled out (if you're going only by facts, I mean). Reiko is like the least likely (other than Carisckness Guy) because she's not in the class right now and it's confirmed that the extra is present in the class (because the amount of student doesn't match the amount of desks, after all).

Then there's also the chance that the extra actually wasn't among the group at all. We still have so few no facts about how these deaths actually happen.
Old 2012-03-01, 18:18   Link #223
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well the problem is still Kouichis chair. They might have simply forgotten to add one for him and where one short because of that. Its just a possibility though as they definitely knew he would come this year, its not like he just suddenly transferred in mid year. Very unlikely though.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-03-02, 09:01   Link #224
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
He specifically points out that in a certain record the deceased was not wrote down in Episode 6 his exact words are like:
'Notice that no one is listed as deseased on that page. It never came clear who the dead person that year was.' (Talking about Ritsuko's class 7 years ago in Episode 7)
He notes the name down every year.
Just one thing: I think you mean Reiko's class not Ritsuko. Ritsuko is Sakakibara's mother and she was in the class of the original Misaki.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:40   Link #225
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynis View Post
Just one thing: I think you mean Reiko's class not Ritsuko. Ritsuko is Sakakibara's mother and she was in the class of the original Misaki.
Yeah was talking about Reiko, no idea how I got those names confused.

Old 2012-03-05, 18:50   Link #226
Voxxen
Observer

Ooh, so they found the tape foretelling the deaths of the two students and suddenly (Possibly) two people die that are connected to the class.

Also, the tape skips the part that would be the most helpful to them, I think its hilarious how the WORST possible thing always ends up happening to them. Finding a clue it gives just enough information where your left hanging, yet still want to speculate on the next happenings. They escape the teacher, but at what cost! xD

I don't see why it would be that big of a deal to be caught in the school listening to a tape. If anything I think the teacher would be interested in the tape as well. (At least I would, if i know about the calamity)

1: So they reach the bottom of the mountain and they call for help. (Although, it being to late)

2: Then he says:

"Right after we finally reached the bottom of the mountain, that's when it happened."
"And by it, i mean..."
"I"

So they reached the bottom of the mountain and something happened that involved himself. It goes to reason the way he stated "I" that he was the cause of this event?

Just so people can quote the tape without going back and forth I'll post the entire event.

"Um..."
"My... My name is Katsumi Matsunaga"
"I'm a student of the 9th grade, class 3 of 1983"
"When i finish recording this, I plan to hide it somewhere in the classroom."
"If you're listening to this tape, you're most likely in class 3, as well."
"I wonder what the likelihood of that is..."

(Shows the scene in front of "Ayano's" door with father getting in car, "Ayano" says something silently at the door and shuts it)

"It's possible that you guys are also terrified"
"By the senseless disaster that I... that we..."
"Never mind."
"I have two reasons for leaving this tape."
"One is to confess a sin. My sin."
"I want to tell someone what I did."
"I need someone to listen"
"The other is to give you some advice."
"It's about the extra student who gets mixed up in the class, and the calamity that happens as a result..."

(Show's truck with a crane on it, pulling out)

"How it can be stopped."
"In other words..."
"Actually, I should start at the beginning."

(Show's truck driver stop and pull out an umbrella, then flips to "Ogura Yumi" brother on the computer. Then goes on to "Yumi" walking home and "Ayano" in her car.)

"Our class went on a trip."

(Show's class taking their trip scenes)

"We all left on August 8, for three days and two nights."
"Our homeroom teacher, Mr. Koga, had suggested that we visit a local shrine."
"There's an old shrine in this town called Yomiyama Shrine."

(Yomi (黄泉?), the Japanese word for the underworld in which horrible creatures guard the exits; according to Shinto mythology as related in Kojiki, this is where the dead go to dwell and apparently rot indefinitely. Once one has eaten at the hearth of Yomi it is impossible to return to the land of the living.) Source = Wiki

(Yama-no-Kami (山の神) is the name given to a kami of the mountains in the Shinto religion of Japan. These can be of two different types. The first type is a god of the mountains who is worshipped by hunters, woodcutters, and charcoal burners. The second is a god of agriculture who comes down from the mountains and is worshipped by farmers. This kami is generally considered as a goddess, or a female deity.) Source = Wiki

(Yama, In Buddhist mythology, Yama (Sanskrit: यम) is a dharmapala (wrathful god) said to judge the dead and preside over the Narakas ("Hells" or "Purgatories") and the cycle of rebirth.) Source = Wiki

"He said that if we all prayed there, he was sure the curse would be lifted."
"There were 22 students in all, myself included."
"We only half believed him."
"On the second day, we climbed the mountain to visit the shrine."
"It was so old and run-down, like it had been abandoned by the world."
"Even though it bears the name of the city, it looked like it hadn't been maintained at all."
"So we decided to clean up the grounds while we were there."
"At the time, we hoped that maybe this would lift the curse."
"And after we prayed, our teacher confidently declared."
"Everything will be alright now."
"But it wasn't."
"It wasn't that easy."
"As soon as we left the shrine, the clear skies suddenly turned overcast, and it began to rain, complete with lightning strikes."
"As we hurried down the mountain, the first victim was a boy named Hamaguchi."
"He was kind of dumb."
"He was the only one who'd brought an umbrella."
"And we were on a mountain, in a lightning storm..."
"He was walking in front of me, when..."
"For a second, my vision went white, and i heard a huge crash."
"Hamaguchi had been struck by lightning."
"I still remember the smell of his flesh burning..."
"Anyways, the students panicked and bolted, leaving Hamaguchi behind, desperate to get off the mountain as quickly as possible."
"But moments after we all took off, blindly running through the rain..."
"The second victim was taken."
"A girl named Hoshikawa."

(Show's truck driver from before at a vending machine, while the truck rolls backwards)

"In her panic, she slipped and fell of a tall, sheer cliff."
"All we could do was call for help at the foot of the mountain."
"But in the end, we couldn't save either of them."

(Truck hits "Yumi's" house, lighting strikes in the background)

"Praying at the shrine had no effect whatsoever."
"Now, this is the important part."
"Right after we finally reached the bottom of the mountain."
"That's when it happened."
"And by it, I mean..."
"I..." (Cut's off)

Tell me what you guys make of it.

BTW, there are a few clips of the upcoming episode at the very end, be sure to watch them!

*Thanks for the point out Haguruma
*(While Yomi (the Shinto underworld) is most likely infered by the name of Yomiyama, the shrine is written 夜見山神社 just like 夜見山市...so when reading it it is more like "night view mountain".) Thank's for the translate

Last edited by Voxxen; 2012-03-05 at 20:04.
Old 2012-03-05, 19:08   Link #227
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxen View Post
Ooh, so they found the tape foretelling the deaths of the two students and suddenly (Possibly) two people die that are connected to the class.
Well, the tape didn't really foretell it, he just recounted the events of the day before and wanted to confess a sin we have yet to hear. Just to make it clear that there is nothing supernatural about this tape so far.

Quote:
(Show's truck driver stop and pull out an umbrella, then flips to "Izumi Akazawa's" brother on the computer. Then goes on to "Izumi walking home and "Ayano" in her car.)
That was not Akazawa Izumi.
It was a girl called Ogura Yumi. Notice the much shorter hair with a slightly different colour. Also, Akzawa's brother likely already died in 1996.

Quote:
"There's an old shrine in this town called Yomiyama Shrine."

(Yomi (黄泉?)

(Yama-no-Kami (山の神)
While Yomi (the Shinto underworld) is most likely infered by the name of Yomiyama, the shrine is written 夜見山神社 just like 夜見山市...so when reading it it is more like "night view mountain".
Old 2012-03-05, 23:32   Link #228
minhgurluver
Visual Novels Reader

I have enormous question marks on the vice-form teacher!! She just happens to disappear and reappear as she please. Why is she there at the first place? What role does she exactly serve??
Old 2012-03-05, 23:56   Link #229
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhgurluver View Post
I have enormous question marks on the vice-form teacher!! She just happens to disappear and reappear as she please. Why is she there at the first place? What role does she exactly serve??
She's an assitant homeroom-teacher...she assists the homeroom-teacher (or former homeroom teacher in Kubodera's case). She also teaches the arts classes and is in charge of the arts club at school.
Old 2012-03-06, 01:47   Link #230
ndqanh_vn

I might have been slow on this but why the school decided to put our main character in that cursed 3-3 class as well? The whole thing spirals out of control because that idiot, not fully understanding what's going on, started to communicate with Mei?

Isn't it easier to throw him into another two classes and let class 3-3 continued their quiet life? The situation is complicated enough that everything they did wrong might trigger the curse, so why did they take such a big risk?
Old 2012-03-06, 01:55   Link #231
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
I might have been slow on this but why the school decided to put our main character in that cursed 3-3 class as well? The whole thing spirals out of control because that idiot, not fully understanding what's going on, started to communicate with Mei?

Isn't it easier to throw him into another two classes and let class 3-3 continued their quiet life? The situation is complicated enough that everything they did wrong might trigger the curse, so why did they take such a big risk?
Akazawa said in EP4 that the new principal was responsible for it.
Old 2012-03-06, 03:01   Link #232
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

I have my own theory regarding the cause of this show's high casualties:
Spoiler for ep9:
Old 2012-03-06, 04:51   Link #233
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

...I don't get it.
Old 2012-03-06, 21:48   Link #234
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, they sure made Misaki SUPER-suspicious this week. Not even counting the coincidence of her being in the art room at the exact few moments before the guys arrived(if she wasn't lying), all the close-ups and 'coincidental' accidents with the window and the lockers just seemed like she was up to something. Since she was knowledgeable about the moaning of the basement, she might have snooped around and already found that tape, pointing it out for Kouichi to get. Also, the cohesiveness of that tape that SHOULD have been there for 14 years was far too strong and the color of it was slightly different that the color that wrapped the tape.

Spoiler for img of tape:

Old 2012-03-07, 00:20   Link #235
PzIVf3

Your right. I wonder if she trying to rehearsal the case.
Old 2012-03-07, 09:06   Link #236
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Man, they sure made Misaki SUPER-suspicious this week. Not even counting the coincidence of her being in the art room at the exact few moments before the guys arrived(if she wasn't lying), all the close-ups and 'coincidental' accidents with the window and the lockers just seemed like she was up to something. Since she was knowledgeable about the moaning of the basement, she might have snooped around and already found that tape, pointing it out for Kouichi to get. Also, the cohesiveness of that tape that SHOULD have been there for 14 years was far too strong and the color of it was slightly different that the color that wrapped the tape.
Spoiler for img of tape:
The color of the tape?
Ehm please take out some brown duct tape. You will notice that the color on the inside is slightly different from the color on the outside, which is a result of one side being sticky while the other is not.
Sorry, but the color of the duct tape is fine as it is.
She has also never heard any moans from the basement. She even stated that she was joking when they asked her, and honestly I would have done the same.

Old 2012-03-07, 13:08   Link #237
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Also note that it's not impossible for a cassette to be that old and still be in good condition, especially when it's sealed and stored in a dark and dry space.
Old 2012-03-08, 15:02   Link #238
Voxxen
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Also note that it's not impossible for a cassette to be that old and still be in good condition, especially when it's sealed and stored in a dark and dry space.
That is true...

But, at the exact moment the tape was going to confess its dearest holdings? (Note I do not imply the tape itself withheld information)

What makes me wonder is, if the tape was tampered with and that part of the tape had been wrote over? I think a cassette failing would be (choppy) or (scratchy) if you catch my drift >.>

I'm not an expert at cassette or tape deterioration and the tape was so badly wrapped to begin with.

Idk, just a quick thought.

How come my duck tape comes off after a few years, but theirs lasts more than 14 years >.< (cheap brands maybe...)
Old 2012-03-08, 15:40   Link #239
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxen View Post
That is true...

But, at the exact moment the tape was going to confess its dearest holdings? (Note I do not imply the tape itself withheld information)

What makes me wonder is, if the tape was tampered with and that part of the tape had been wrote over? I think a cassette failing would be (choppy) or (scratchy) if you catch my drift >.>
Could just be the recording setup the guy used at the time. There was some static throughout the whole tape and his voice didn't sound crystal clear.

It's also possible that he didn't use a new tape, and instead used one he found. So, if he overwrote part of it with his recoding, the tape's quality would have been reduced greatly.

Quote:
I'm not an expert at cassette or tape deterioration and the tape was so badly wrapped to begin with.
Dunno, it looked decent enough to me. The package doesn't really matter, as long as the tape was protected against moisture and light (which I think it was).

Quote:
How come my duck tape comes off after a few years, but theirs lasts more than 14 years >.< (cheap brands maybe...)
I think it's because of moisture and dust that duck tape loosens. Either way, I think that this tape survived because the guy put it in a secure spot, where little light or dust could come in.

But, I'm pretty sure that the animation studio just put it in for plot-related reasons, not so much because they studied real-life cassette recorders and how well duck tape lasts, or something like that.
Old 2012-03-08, 18:32   Link #240
AC-Phoenix
Detective

The recording on the tape was actually an easteregg given in the anime, as the tape was broken from start in the manga(in a different way though).
The ape's resting spot is the same for both anime and manga.

Closed Thread