AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-05-01, 07:48   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought maybe you were talking about live action like the Mars Rover expeditions

Being produced originally as a live-action didn't keep the Nodame Cantabile manga from also being released as an anime. I know literally nothing about Japanese live-action dramas, but my sense from reading AS is that the conversion from live-action to anime is pretty uncommon.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:38   Link #22
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I would say LOR Triology 9+ hours can never do justice to that story though Peter.J has done an excellent job . We did get to see a paradofic glimpse of that in Yakitake Ja Pan was seen . I would love to see LOR made into a full length Anime series : D
Seconded, if it weren't for the language problems. It'd just sound so wrong in Japanese, and I'm thinking the chances are pretty slim of hearing Tolkien's original languages either.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:39   Link #23
MrHahn

Send a message via MSN to MrHahn
I keep getting the feeling that if they were to tell the entire saga of Zone of the Enders it would be great (I know that there's an OVA (IDOLO) and a series (DOLORES i) already, but the storyline of the games, especially The Second Runner is pretty ripe for conversion. Just, you know, the Orbital Frame designs may get a few heads turning the other way.

Another one is Devil May Cry (rumours about it are around I think, but is it actually happening?) or Onimusha (not Dawn of Dreams, please...). They could even get Jean Reno to voice Jacques Blanc if they did Demon Seige as an anime.

One that isn't a game could be... erm... let's see... 300, or Hot Fuzz.
MrHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:46   Link #24
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHahn View Post
Another one is Devil May Cry (rumours about it are around I think, but is it actually happening?)
Looks like it. There are two trailers out, from what it looks like. Youtube has them. And according to them, it comes out this June. ^^
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:50   Link #25
MrHahn

Send a message via MSN to MrHahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
Looks like it. There are two trailers out, from what it looks like. Youtube has them. And according to them, it[DMC Anime] comes out this June. ^^
Sweet. They'd better not botch it up. Otherwise heads will roll

Oh yeah, I had one more idea and it's in my avvy. Guilty Gear's story has stagnated in the games for so long it's surprising Sammy and ArcSy hasn't done something about it. Like making an anime. I know they've done a manga.
MrHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 10:16   Link #26
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I thought maybe you were talking about live action like the Mars Rover expeditions

Being produced originally as a live-action didn't keep the Nodame Cantabile manga from also being released as an anime. I know literally nothing about Japanese live-action dramas, but my sense from reading AS is that the conversion from live-action to anime is pretty uncommon.
I know, but Mars isn't exactly new, and while I've heard it's fairly popular among it's circle, I don't think it has the same popularity compared to stuff like Hana Yori Dango and Nodame.

Besides, the live-action version was Taiwanese, adapting the manga. I can understand the general thoughts of wanting a Mars adaption, but I don't think it'll ever get one, which is a pity.

Alongside epic fantasy novels or sci-fi novels that would make for great animation with a strong animation staff, I personally would like to see tight or even loose adaptions of the 四大名著, the 4 Great Classics of Chinese Literature. I know there had been animation adaptions of Journey to the West and the 3 Kingdoms both faithful and conceptual, but I don't think there had ever been animation adaptions of such classics that manage to retain their epic nature of a story.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 13:27   Link #27
Honey_and_Cleaver

I hope they made Metal Saga PS2 game into a anime.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 14:39   Link #28
BANANABANANA
got 米?
*Artist

oh that reminds me...i heard a rumor that Narcissu was going to be adapted to an OVA? can anyone confirm that?

and i'd really like to see Broken Sky animated. i think they had planned a series awhile back but it was cancelled due to...something or the other.
BANANABANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 18:40   Link #29
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Since GONZO's doing Romeo and Juliet, one of my least favorite Shakespearean plays, I just want to say that I'd love to see Much Ado About Nothing in glorious animated form. Beatrice is such a tsundere, lol.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 19:32   Link #30
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
hmmm thinking agree w/ Guilty Gear's opinion... why not right? it has great stories and characters...

and maybe an ova/sequel to Fate Stay/Night -> FHA is not bad either.... I also like Fate Zero but it's ongoing as a novel....
Old 2007-05-01, 19:48   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I wouldn't mind seeing a Sengoku Rance anime.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 21:19   Link #32
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

The novel, Perks of being a Wallflower, should be made into an anime. It would be the perfect realistic romance ever made. And both guys and girls get what they want.

I sometimes wonder how it would look like if some form of dazed and confused would be made into an anime series. You never see an anime just about people partying and getting high.
Old 2007-05-01, 22:01   Link #33
Furudanuki

I think that Michael Moorcock's books featuring Elric of Melnibone would lend themselves very well to an anime adaptation.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 01:31   Link #34
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Staying on the topic of R&J , William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet can be made into an anime its West Side Story meets R&J . I would like to see that movie being made into a anime series
Old 2007-05-02, 03:31   Link #35
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
Ooo... I hadn't thought of that. Yeah, that probably would be quite interesting in anime form. I think Erik would fit in quite well. Heck, I already found a picture someone drew in that style. ^^

Spoiler for To save room:
Hey that pic is so cool. Now I definetly want Phantom Of The Opera as anime. That would be so cool!
Quote:
Staying on the topic of R&J , William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet can be made into an anime its West Side Story meets R&J . I would like to see that movie being made into a anime series
That movie sort of ruined my image of Romeo x Juliet. I mean, they are in modern time and spoke old fashioned english. Also I found the begining really gay where they were at a gas station and they started shooting each other.
Forever_young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 08:56   Link #36
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Pirates of Caribbean I would love to see an animated version of Cpt Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_young View Post
That movie sort of ruined my image of Romeo x Juliet. I mean, they are in modern time and spoke old fashioned english. Also I found the begining really gay where they were at a gas station and they started shooting each other.
R&J is like on of my fave all time movies what I liked most was the element of style . But you are correct the bard speak is just weird and sound gay at times . The BGM/OST is really good though I liked it better than the movie infact .
Old 2007-05-02, 11:34   Link #37
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
The novel One Bird by Kyoko Mori. I loved this book. The story in the book is touching, poignant and down-to-earth for a slice-of-life novel for teenagers. I think it deserves to be adapted into an anime.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 21:05   Link #38
EternalDestiny

Resident Evil. I don't know. It does have the detailed and in-depth story plots. It could either be based on the original storyline or even the Outbreak series.

It would be a survival horror anime. I just want to see how they'd animate the zombies and creatures.

I guess it'd probably be similar to the Devil May Cry anime, and we'll see how that turns out.
EternalDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 21:21   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalDestiny View Post
Resident Evil. I don't know. It does have the detailed and in-depth story plots. It could either be based on the original storyline or even the Outbreak series.
Only if we can get the original cast of Resident Evil (The B Movie group consisting of people with one name) to do the voices and then Capcom subtitles it into Japanese like they did with the actual game.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 21:34   Link #40
-Breakthrough-

An anime adaptation of the Jak and Daxter PS2 series would be nice.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote