4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-09, 23:37   Link #21
Rias

The rules should've been explained. This is one of the elements that makes the main part of Minagoroshi-hen so good. I guess I'm just not too happy that DEEN seems to be cutting stuff as much as they can, and from this epsiode I just fear that since Minagoroshi-hen is somewhat tied to Tatarigoroshi-hen (which is the arc that DEEN butchered the most in season 1), that it would probably recieve the same treatment when it comes to certain parts.

Minagoroshi-hen is my favourite arc out of all of them, after all.
Old 2007-08-09, 23:57   Link #22
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

well i dont know whether to put spoiler so just in case.

Spoiler for spoiler on episode:
Old 2007-08-10, 00:49   Link #23
StrayChild
Banned

Personally I can't wait for this arc to start. It's going to be one heck of a ride. ^_^
Old 2007-08-10, 02:53   Link #24
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
I dunno, it's always disappointing to see something left out from the game, but I feel like DEEN is doing the best they can with the time they're alotted to try and tell a story to fans who may not have played the games. There's a lot of info in those games and an info dump may scare off some viewers.

Spoiler for Just in case...:
Old 2007-08-10, 10:19   Link #25
Kazuki_Kun

Minagoroshi Episode 2 preview up on Animate =3

http://www.animate.tv/special/higurasi_yokoku.php
Old 2007-08-10, 13:06   Link #26
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
The rules should've been explained. This is one of the elements that makes the main part of Minagoroshi-hen so good. I guess I'm just not too happy that DEEN seems to be cutting stuff as much as they can, and from this epsiode I just fear that since Minagoroshi-hen is somewhat tied to Tatarigoroshi-hen (which is the arc that DEEN butchered the most in season 1), that it would probably recieve the same treatment when it comes to certain parts.

Minagoroshi-hen is my favourite arc out of all of them, after all.
Well i believe the problem is Minagoroshi require a tons amount of episodes to build.
Thus several points must be slightly skip, otherwise, it will be either too confusing (episode 6 is really fat), or many things will be omitted.
That said i believe they make it slightly light with Yakusamashi, and the lack of Rule Z isn't that a problem.
Rulz Z might be explained later on so...

as for the preview... hoho interesting things... especially a complete surprising thing... a very unexpecting "moe" character (nothing spoiler, and those who have read it will probably know what i'm talking about... newcomers will be either freaked out, or will find it godly XD)

also, the summary is finally done, at last...
As for some people lurk around, the ASS file is finally available for episode 6.
The subbed version shouldn't take too long.
Old 2007-08-10, 14:16   Link #27
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
I dunno, it's always disappointing to see something left out from the game, but I feel like DEEN is doing the best they can with the time they're alotted to try and tell a story to fans who may not have played the games. There's a lot of info in those games and an info dump may scare off some viewers.
Agreed. Minagoroshi-hen, as the first "true" answer chapter, is filled with information that takes a lot of time to digest. It would be impossible to portray them all in an animation (especially the monologue-heavy parts).

But as far as I can tell from watching this episode, I can only praise DEEN for a job well done. It's been a long time since I played Minagoroshi-hen, but I think they captured all the important beginning parts in this first episode. Rika's explanation of the rules in the beginning was quick, but it was still easy to understand. Hanyuu's presence was also done nicely (+ showing us what the "dark" part meant in dark Rika ).

The most important part in the beginning of Minagoroshi-hen was probably the scene at the toy shop
Spoiler:

Next week looks like it will feature Rika's deal with Takano and Tomitake. The development is quick as usual, but it feels much more structured this time around.

If only the game's soundtrack can used... (only complaint I have left )
Old 2007-08-10, 16:30   Link #28
Kazuki_Kun

I can't really say much about the actual episode yet, but from the little bits of raw I saw ( I didn't wanna spoil myself TOO much) I wish DEEN would've reanimated the bits of animation from the flash back to tie in the Kai's new art style.

From what I remember they did actually reanimate a scene from Episode 14/15 in the first epiosde of Kai.
Old 2007-08-10, 17:13   Link #29
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-10, 19:07   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_Kun View Post
From what I remember they did actually reanimate a scene from Episode 14/15 in the first epiosde of Kai.
huh? as far as i remember, they didn't reanimate anything. However they animated the 2 scenes missing in Tsumihoroboshi-hen, that's that.

well... could pull the analysis within the 24h limit
Episode 6 : Analysis, thoughts and random comments

things begin to have a very clear picture, huhuhu.
Old 2007-08-10, 20:49   Link #31
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

anime is inheritedly different from other media such as game and novel, so I don't see a big deal with anime not covering the original 100%. Anyway this episode is the one that begins to roll out all the answers why the entire story is segemented into different Chapters. I would have wished the director put some hint into Onikakushi-hen so people (like me) wouldn't be confused to see everybody alive and having fun again. Anime is different than other media and not until the very end of first season we learned that Rika is virtually someone from a higher dimension going through this infinity loop.

I would give this episode a higher rating than the last for every second of it. And even though I'm completely spoiled, to take the point of view as a normal audience, this episode is just better than awesome.
Old 2007-08-10, 23:55   Link #32
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
anime is inheritedly different from other media such as game and novel, so I don't see a big deal with anime not covering the original 100%.
I don't expect the anime to cover even 50% of the details the games had. What I do expect is for them to not leave out, or worse, twist important events from the game (which they certainly did in the first season). When they screwed with the doll event in Watanagashi-hen, I fumed. When they left out Shion's monologues in Meakashi-hen, I complained. When they completely skipped Rena's past in Tsumihoroboshi-hen, I plain gave up.

Thankfully, it seems they noticed this as well, because Minagoroshi-hen is looking like it's off to a great start. Perhaps because they have more episodes to work with now, things don't feel nearly as rushed this time around (now that I think about it, this episode only covered a tiny tiny bit of Minagoroshi-hen's beginning).

Then again, seeing as how the game scenarios got bigger and bigger as it neared the end, (Minagoroshi-hen's text volume was over 1.2 times that of Tsumihoroboshi-hen, and Matsuribayashi-hen was the longest scenario out of all 8 scenarios) we will probably need all those episodes (especially if they plan to do even some of the kakera puzzle for Matsuribayashi-hen) (probably not ).

Oh yeah, now that we're finally in Minagoroshi-hen, I recommend those of you who haven't read the Minagoroshi-hen TIPs that we translated (almost over a year ago!) to visit the TIPs thread and give them a look. ^^ The TIPs that covers this week's episode should be "Sitting in a Happy Circle with Oyashiro-sama" and "I and I"

EDIT: Oops, forgot "To *yoko"

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-08-11 at 02:14.
Old 2007-08-11, 00:38   Link #33
MrZombie

Be really careful not to ready anymore or you'll spoil yourself. I just wish that DEEN had announced the second season a long time ago. I never would have spoiled myself in that case.
Old 2007-08-11, 02:09   Link #34
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

I guess tips are good to know but aren't really needed to understand the bigger story. I'm looking forward for them to animate the important events that lead to 1983 hinamizawa as in the pieces of Matsuribayashi-hen; I would call those to have the content that weigh half of the entire 2nd season.
Old 2007-08-11, 14:32   Link #35
MonkeyDude

Would have preferred a more kawaii Hanyuu, but oh well xD

Didn't enjoy the fact that they restructured the whole game thing...

Spoiler for For the game people?:

A lot of the funny dialogue was cut-off on the episode, damned time constraints. 18? episodes for both Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi, but having like 50+ episodes would be too much...

Oh well, funny preview
Old 2007-08-11, 14:40   Link #36
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
ooh, interesting. Keiichi changed game AND gave the dool to Mion. awww
Old 2007-08-11, 14:53   Link #37
Echoes

Ahw, Hanyuu is so cute! *Wants to take her home.* I'm luckily not informed of what'll happen from now on, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this arc immensely, as I've heard it's one of Higurashi's best.

I loved the whole sequence where Rika predicted the outcome, and Keiichi changed his actions accordingly. Giving the doll to Mion was like a dream come true as well, she just seemed so happy. This episode filled me with a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings, what a perfect way to start the new arc.
Old 2007-08-11, 14:53   Link #38
StrayChild
Banned

Satoko has what? What the heck is L3, exactly?
Old 2007-08-11, 14:55   Link #39
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can tell she has a disease and Rika is aware of this.
Now, we don't have anything else to determine what it is, from this ep.

however, you should check back season 1, there might be information which can simply give more details "what is this".

the answer will be given soon enough anyway.
Old 2007-08-11, 15:40   Link #40
StrayChild
Banned

Dr. Irie gives the name of her disease, which is apparently L3. Someone must know what it is.O_O
Closed Thread