AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 7.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 28.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 22.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-18, 15:21   Link #101
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
And will resulting the bugs into entering the city massacring the police squads and civilians alike. The miltary squads from all other directions will simply called and pulled into inside the city defending. The bugs from the directions where those squad withdrew would then enter from all directions and sooner or later all Zuellnis are going to be overwhelmed.

A systematic and strategic military defeat.
Well the police squads can fight back too they are another line of defense for the civilians. Also the civilians were evacuated to shelters which I'm sure have its own defense and protection. The military can also reform a line in the city to try to put to stop the bugs there. It was far from a defeat. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Please see my previous post. And plus, he did not ask for help, but rather asking for the rest of the squads to withdrew, meaning he has the situation under control. And it’s not ‘if the mother who called the babies for help’, but rather ‘if the babies had called the mother for help’. Which was why Layfon’s heading into the hornet’s nest directly.
Well my subs of that are "if the mother called the babies for help". Either way it goes to show that he's far from invincible as I can imagine both the mother and babies calling for help if needed so I sure he's thankful for the other platoons are keeping the babies busy while he kills the mother. And the only people he asked to withdraw were Nina and Sharnid. Nina was already injured and the rest of the platoon had already retreated so they weren't going to be too helpful.

Quote:
My mistake on the easily routed but they simply do not held their ground. For they’re eventually going how to be massacred please see my first post.
Your opinion you're trying to pass of as a fact.
Old 2009-02-18, 15:45   Link #102
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
What's the point? From what they've shown us so far in the Anime the bugs aren't specifically tracking down the regios in coordinated groups so your point is moot.
In fact I wrote IF there would be intelligent bugs... do you know the difference between a statement and a hypotesis made for speculation?
Anyway it isn't proved anything: the Brain bugs could indeed exist in Regios, nothing proves the contrary.
Old 2009-02-18, 16:52   Link #103
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
Speaking about the sniper dude.. i dont think the range weapons very useful fighting the Filth monster. It seem there was no effect of the range weapons during that battle. Close combat so far seem the best way dealing with the bugs.
It goes both ways, the small snip of combat we saw with the students against the bugs... they were not effective because most of them weren't trained enough or just enrolled. Both machine gun/sniper rifle users were ineffective because they didn't channel their kei into the weapon/bullet. This is the same for swords, Nina didn't channel any kei into her dual wield so it just bounced off when she tried to slice it in half.

If you look at the OP there is at least 1 user (Heavens' Blade?) that uses a ranged weapon (pistol). It might just be normal attack vs. kei-enhanced.

Spoiler for ep 5:

They're probably saving the long action scenes for when a big baddy shows up or something, as the ones we have currently seen are probably child's play compared to the more mature ones excluding the opening scene in the first episode of course.

Hopefully next episode they show that Layfon isn't an IWINBUTTON and make him falter or something. (Probably not.)
Old 2009-02-18, 17:17   Link #104
Archmagination2002

Episode 7 preview's name gives a hint. Adaman Dite Restoration... Adaman is a name, Dite is the generic name of the kei weapons they use and restoration is using kei powers.

So I think that its Layfon's new weapon.. I wonder just how powerful it is, especially since the episode is named after it.
Old 2009-02-18, 17:40   Link #105
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybEssen View Post
If you look at the OP there is at least 1 user (Heavens' Blade?) that uses a ranged weapon (pistol). It might just be normal attack vs. kei-enhanced.
Actually two.
One is a Heaven's Blade girl that looks like I-no from GGXX using handgun.
The other is the queen shooting OMGWTFPWNCANNON beam, blastering a matured bug into smithereens.
Old 2009-02-18, 19:12   Link #106
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick
Well the police squads can fight back too they are another line of defense for the civilians. Also the civilians were evacuated to shelters which I'm sure have its own defense and protection.
In ep 6 near the end, Narki mentioned that a platoon member is basically an elite member of the military. Seeing how even the elite got overwhelmed by unending horde of bugs I pretty much doubt on how the police squads would stands up against them.

Quote:
The military can also reform a line in the city to try to put to stop the bugs there. It was far from a defeat. You have no idea what you're talking about.
And simply geting overwhelmed again but this time instead of retreated they would get eaten? If the city fell then bugs would simply flank the remaining squads from all direction. The battle was over the moment the squads withdrew from the front gates.

It would cause a systematic and strategic defeat as I posted earlier.

Quote:
Either way it goes to show that he's far from invincible
From a Zuellni point of view, yes he's godly. He's above beyond their league. Ep 5 and 6 (score boards) pretty much sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina
Nina was already injured and the rest of the platoon had already retreated so they weren't going to be too helpful.
The squads retreated as you said so we're on an agreement that they don't appear to be helpful? Guess what, when the platoon retreated all hope was all lost. Layfon arrived and turn the tide of battle 180 degrees.

Quote:
Your opinion you're trying to pass of as a fact.
Which was why I apologize in the first place? But my argument still stands where they do not simply held their ground and basically let the bug made their way into the city. Hence, I refer them as 'militia'.
Old 2009-02-18, 19:36   Link #107
Slick_rick

Quote:
In ep 6 near the end, Narki mentioned that a platoon member is basically an elite member of the military. Seeing how even the elite got overwhelmed by unending horde of bugs I pretty much doubt on how the police squads would stands up against them.
The platoon were able to hold them off for hours so the police should be able to hold them off till they get support.

Quote:
And simply geting overwhelmed again but this time instead of retreated they would get eaten? If the city fell then bugs would simply flank the remaining squads from all direction. The battle was over the moment the squads withdrew from the front gates.

It would cause a systematic and strategic defeat as I posted earlier.
No way. An competent commander would not allow his forces to get flanked. First as we see when Layfon goes to talk to Harley at a commander center like area that they have reserves. The reserves can be sent out to try to deal with the break in the line. Not only that the commander would have to pull back all his troops to reform a new line. They keep doing this until the battle was over or they made their last stand when they get surrounded but like I said it was far from defeat.

Quote:
The squads retreated as you said so we're on an agreement that they don't appear to be helpful? Guess what, when the platoon retreated all hope was all lost. Layfon arrived and turn the tide of battle 180 degrees.
You give up too easily... Layfon certainly won the battle for them but they were far from down and out.
Old 2009-02-18, 19:47   Link #108
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ They were pretty far from getting anywhere but six feet under though. Sooner or later, they would have gotten overwhelmed ... and from the looks of it, sooner rather than later. We didn't get to see any single bug killed by the military arts students. Closest to what we got was Nina injuring an eye of one ... which doesn't increase my confidence in their capabilities of survival, never mind an actual victory, at all. Had Layfon not been there, the city would have been toast. The episode pretty much established that - that the regular military students of this city are not anywhere near enough to be handling any form of bug attack. If this episode was any indicator, Layfon (and to some degree Felli, as he needs to know where to strike) are their only lifeline in such a situation. Never mind if they actually encounter something more serious than newborn bug larva pack.

I am not exactly liking what they are establishing here, but they are portraying Layfon as a god among mortals ... as far as the military capacity of this specific city is concerned anyway. The military arts students may or may not provide a few minutes worth of distraction against larva , potentially giving Layfon and Felli a bit of time to locate and deal with the mother, but anything even remotely resembling a fighting chance on their own ? No, the military arts students are not portrayed to be capable of that. (And chances are, given their performance here, they would completely useless against anything more serious than this).
Old 2009-02-18, 19:48   Link #109
TrueKnight

Quote:
The platoon were able to hold them off for hours so the police should be able to hold them off till they get support.
Support from where?

The front lines? If the squads were called in then it would give the bugs advantages to strike and go through from the direction from where the squad withdrew.

Civillians? you can't be serious.

City police? See my previous post.

Zuellni ran out of option at this point.

Quote:
No way. An competent commander would not allow his forces to get flanked. First as we see when Layfon goes to talk to Harley at a commander center like area that they have reserves. The reserves can be sent out to try to deal with the break in the line. Not only that the commander would have to pull back all his troops to reform a new line. They keep doing this until the battle was over or they made their last stand when they get surrounded but like I said it was far from defeat.
Where does Harley specifically stated that they have reserves? Heck, we're been assuming with 'what ifs' the moment you said that the military and police squads alike would simply able to held their ground even after they enter the city, when the episode blatantly showed otherwise.

Quote:
You give up too easily... Layfon certainly won the battle for them but they were far from down and out.
Again, it's already over when the bugs manage to penetrate to the front gates (NW as you said earlier) and the squads retreated leaving only 17th platoon. Layfon and Felli (added) are their sole reason for victory.
Old 2009-02-18, 20:07   Link #110
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ They were pretty far from getting anywhere but six feet under though. Sooner or later, they would have gotten overwhelmed ... and from the looks of it, sooner rather than later. We didn't get to see any single bug killed by the military arts students. Closest to what we got was Nina injuring an eye of one ... which doesn't increase my confidence in their capabilities of survival, never mind an actual victory, at all. Had Layfon not been there, the city would have been toast. The episode pretty much established that - that the regular military students of this city are not anywhere near enough to be handling any form of bug attack. If this episode was any indicator, Layfon (and to some degree Felli, as he needs to know where to strike) are their only lifeline in such a situation. Never mind if they actually encounter something more serious than newborn bug larva pack.
You might be right but we have no knowledge of how the other lines were holding up. Also we don't know if the students were truly overwhelmed or just got scared because they were inexperienced in battle. They seemed to be a decent amount of them still alive when they retreated. Lines break in battle all the time. It's bad but far from complete defeat.

Also Nina is very good but so far she's still below average compared to others captains. 17th Platoon is one of the weakest remember (Felli not trying, not even showing up) without Layfon. They certainly need Layfon strength in the coming battles but that doesn't mean they can depend on him alone.

I'm not trying to say Layfon isn't needed but they can't depend on only him. They need to improve themselves too like Nina is trying to do.

Quote:
Where does Harley specifically stated that they have reserves? Heck, we're been assuming with 'what ifs' the moment you said that the military and police squads alike would simply able to held their ground even after they enter the city, when the episode blatantly showed otherwise.
The students standing in the background in uniforms is a great clue that they have reserves. Also no army fights without having reserves like that in case a line breaks. It just doesn't happen. I didn't see any police squads fighting bugs so I don't know how you can say it was blatantly showed otherwise.
Old 2009-02-18, 21:03   Link #111
TrueKnight

Quote:
Also no army fights without having reserves like that in case a line breaks. It just doesn't happen. I didn't see any police squads fighting bugs so I don't know how you can say it was blatantly showed otherwise.
It was blatantly showed in episode 6 that the city's military is overrun by bugs. They don't have the capability to fight back anymore when the squad retreated and the bugs were already at their front gates. At this point, it's just a matter of before the bugs storms in and went on the massacre.

Let's say that they 'reserve' as you speak. Would they be more efficient than regulars that already retreated and low on morale? I think not.

The city as we see it at the defense of Zeullni, would simply die out without the involvement of Layfon and (again) Felli.
Old 2009-02-18, 21:19   Link #112
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybEssen View Post
It goes both ways, the small snip of combat we saw with the students against the bugs... they were not effective because most of them weren't trained enough or just enrolled. Both machine gun/sniper rifle users were ineffective because they didn't channel their kei into the weapon/bullet. This is the same for swords, Nina didn't channel any kei into her dual wield so it just bounced off when she tried to slice it in half.

Spoiler for ep 5:

They're probably saving the long action scenes for when a big baddy shows up or something, as the ones we have currently seen are probably child's play compared to the more mature ones excluding the opening scene in the first episode of course.

Hopefully next episode they show that Layfon isn't an IWINBUTTON and make him falter or something. (Probably not.)
yea i should had said the grunts long range weapons are useless.. i figure they use kei for the swords etc... didnt think they use it for thier guns.

I like to mention if the military arte students couldnt hold back the bugs there no way the city police could since Military arte students are stronger than the police
Old 2009-02-18, 21:26   Link #113
Slick_rick

Quote:
It was blatantly showed in episode 6 that the city's military is overrun by bugs. They don't have the capability to fight back anymore when the squad retreated and the bugs were already at their front gates. At this point, it's just a matter of before the bugs storms in and went on the massacre.

Let's say that they 'reserve' as you speak. Would they be more efficient than regulars that already retreated and low on morale? I think not.

The city as we see it at the defense of Zeullni, would simply die out without the involvement of Layfon and (again) Felli.
We don't know how the reserves would have done because we never got to see them. And what are the bugs going to massacre? They civilians have been evacuated and the city is abandoned. They would have certainly taken a lot of damage to the city but the fact was that they'd have to pull back their forces to deal with the threat so they don't get flanked.

Certainly there is a good chance that Zeullni would have been destroyed but what choice did they have but to fight back? Lucky Nina convinced Layfon to stop being a bitch and he convinced Felli to stop PMSing for a few minutes to help out.
Old 2009-02-18, 21:41   Link #114
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”slick rick”
We don't know how the reserves would have done because we never got to see them
Close-stretched assumptions:

The president and Zuellni had already prepared spared troops outside the city, regardless how polluted and toxic it was outside the city premises. These spared troops would simply be called upon when the bugs entered the city and would strike from all directions.

Far-stretched assumptions:

Harley is actually a Heaven Blade in disguise, and he waited the perfect chance to show off his skills waiting the bugs to enter the city so he could butcher them with glory. But alas he curses Layfon when he’s stealing the stage.

What actually happens:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ”slick rick”
They civilians have been evacuated and the city is abandoned.
Brilliant strategy, they’re maybe evacuating through caves or even outside the city where it’s toxic and polluted and would simply kill an average person. Or maybe the president had prepared tons of roaming buses in order to evacuate them.

What actually happens:

-They were in dire situation protecting themselves in shelter, prepared by the officials.
-The bugs were attacking from all directions leaving no chance of escaping or evacuating?
Old 2009-02-18, 21:56   Link #115
Slick_rick

Quote:
Brilliant strategy, they’re maybe evacuating through caves or even outside the city where it’s toxic and polluted and would simply kill an average person. Or maybe the president had prepared tons of roaming buses in order to evacuate them.

What actually happens:

-They were in dire situation protecting themselves in shelter, prepared by the officials.
-The bugs were attacking from all directions leaving no chance of escaping or evacuating?
Well I assume since Layfon asked them to escape from the bugs they have a means of escaping. Most likely the buses that take people in between places. From what I gather from Layfon saying get to the shelter means that he wants them to abandon the city and get on a bus or other means of transportation out of the area.

I don't remember us ever see what was going on in the shelter so again I think you pulling this, dire situation, out of thin air. And we have no idea which directions the bugs were coming from. The could have just been coming from just the north or two sides or three sides. You are again making stuff up as you go.
Old 2009-02-18, 22:13   Link #116
TrueKnight

Quote:
I don't remember us ever see what was going on in the shelter so again I think you pulling this, dire situation, out of thin air.
I never actually said they're out of thin air, but if in a dire situation, yes. The bugs are already closing on the premises, the defenses at the front are practically lost. It's only a matter of time before the shelter got hit.

Quote:
And we have no idea which directions the bugs were coming from. The could have just been coming from just the north or two sides or three sides. You are again making stuff up as you go
I receive this information from you. You said that Nina's team and the other squad were defending the NW, and therefore the squads are defending the rest.

And hey guess what, we've just happen to enter into an assumption again where and on which direction the bugs were attacking and the squads are defending.
Old 2009-02-18, 22:16   Link #117
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i assume the shelters are hidden in the city since there like no way they could live outside the city or if they truly overrun they would shove everyone in those bus things and have them all run away to the next city.
Old 2009-02-18, 22:30   Link #118
Slick_rick

Quote:
I receive this information from you. You said that Nina's team and the other squad were defending the NW, and therefore the squads are defending the rest.

And hey guess what, we've just happen to enter into an assumption again where and on which direction the bugs were attacking and the squads are defending.
I said that Nina squad wasn't the only one defending the city. They had to be other squads in different locations defending the city. This is a fairly logical conclusion from what we see. Your assumption was that this meant that they were completely surrounded with no hope of escape or retreat. That is an awfully big jump in reasoning with little to support it.
Old 2009-02-18, 22:37   Link #119
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

lol arguments about random useless assumptions are always fun . Did the show explain why Nina is emo'ing out about Layfon? At first she tells him not to hold back and when he starts carrying them she quits holding practices and distances herself from the squad. I don't understand why someone who dedicated herself to the squad and prides herself in her hardworking ethics would begin sulking. While I understand she probably feels worthless since her leadership means nothing with Layfon able to do all the work, I never assumed she'd slip that far from what she was originally portrayed as. I had figured she'd at least try to learn from Layfon how to stop being so useless all the time.
Old 2009-02-18, 22:40   Link #120
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick ricik
They had to be other squads in different locations defending the city. This is a fairly logical conclusion from what we see.
Indeed, I assume all location, you assume few.

Quote:
Your assumption was that this meant that they were completely surrounded with no hope of escape or retreat.
Same previous reasoning as the above?

Quote:
That is an awfully big jump in reasoning with little to support it.
And I could say the same thing as your reasoning.

Quote:
This is a fairly logical conclusion from what we see.
You mean this?
Quote:
Closed Thread