AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 94 59.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 9.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-20, 00:17   Link #21
Ushio
Rise and Fall.

That was pretty nice, 'though I wish I could've understood what they were saying. Well, I got the basic idea. ^~^

Fuuko~ ♥♥
Old 2009-02-20, 00:31   Link #22
Yushi

Am I the only one who felt really sad when ....
Spoiler for Scene:

Ushio is so cute! I think it's mainly because she's not super duper talkative and hyper. Instead, she can understand when the situation is serious and quietly observes the surroundings instead of wailing to her daddy for candy at the most inappropriate times XD
Go Tomoya, go!
Old 2009-02-20, 02:32   Link #23
SnackPacs
As Expected of 2chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
Am I the only one who felt really sad when ....
Spoiler for Scene:
Spoiler for Scene Commentary:
Old 2009-02-20, 04:58   Link #24
Ottocycle

The bits of Nagisa in the ep were superb, the picture was beautiful, and having Ushio immediately falling asleep upon her mother's scent was just wonderful.
Old 2009-02-20, 05:57   Link #25
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Sheesh.. she's so tiny.. and yet.. she's the same age as Okazaki..

Spoiler:

But is still a first year in high school. xD

I wonder if Sunohara will show up in the next episode...
Old 2009-02-20, 08:03   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's so obvious who Ushio's teacher is.

Another moving episode. The stuff with Tomoya's father was very touching, especially the flashback shown while Tomoya was saying his farewell.

& oh no it's Fuuko. I smiled quite a bit during her scene. Glad to see her again.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:06   Link #27
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sorry but Fuuko is absolutely awesome in After Story.

Still waiting for subs though.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:08   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Still waiting for subs though.
Subs are out.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:13   Link #29
Kristen
*Author

So, the episode where Tomoya finally starts to get his life back together, solving all outstanding issues. This episode too could've been the end of it, although they'd need to tweak the end just a tiny bit. Maybe a hug and that's the end of it?

From the preview, it looks like it's going to show Tomoya being a good father and really building the bonds of family.

A warm and heart felt episode, and I was really touching to watch it, but it still was not the type that makes you step back and say "That was the best episode I've seen in my life" like last episode. So, I'll give it a 9.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:43   Link #30
Nosauz

this episode was a great follow up to 18, even though in my opinion 18 is probably will be the pinnacle of anime quality for a long time. This episode didn't go for some cheesy reunion, it was more refined, and when sanae san was crying, it felt really painful, as if you feel the tears of 5 years stored up finally being released. I think this episode was great in the sense that it brought back memories of 18 in a way that wasn't blunt, and the whole episode was very subtle except for the light at the end. I found myself getting teary through out the entire episode because little things about nagisa, and the fact that the episode was so well linked with the previous one. I know a lot of people harp on the reconciliation but stuff like this actually happens. Any way here's to more great clannad to come.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:47   Link #31
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Oh lawd, what a tear jerker episode when Tomoya confronted his father. And I thought he was gonna hug him ;_;

Fuuko showed much earlier than anticipated.

Ushio's teacher is on the OP with children (*Hint*)
Old 2009-02-20, 09:11   Link #32
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Fuko = Perfect 10 episode.
Old 2009-02-20, 10:13   Link #33
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

FUUKO RETURNS! It's actually hinted in the AS OP as it's obviously her hugging Ushio if you look carefully.

It's amazing Fuuko hardly aged at all, and she's supposed to be the same age as Tomoya, which puts her at around 25-26. Then again, her sister Kouko and Yoshino hardly looked any different, and of course, Sanae and Akio are very youthful as grandparents.

(Must be a Key thing to have youthful looking adults, even the mothers in Ushio's kindergarten looked hot. )

Sanae is a strong woman, having to put up her daughter's death, and with Tomoya sulking for five whole years before figuring out how to get him and Ushio back. Akio shows why he's the man by letting her finally cry and let it out.

Compared to them, Tomoya has changed somewhat physically. Five years of many sleepless nights from mourning his late wife meant he's got baggy eyes (which can still be seen in next episode's preview).

One thing missing from the adaptation of this scene was Tomoya's monologue, in which he swore never to let Sanae be sad ever again, taking responsibility for all that she's gone through due to his neglect.

Who is Ushio's teacher, you ask? I don't think it's a spoiler as it's been hinted many times, but I'll play it safe and keep my mouth shut so the trigger-happy mods won't come messing up my post.

At last, Tomoya reconciles with his father. A touching scene indeed. Though the pacing of this scene here meant I didn't go as teary eyed as I did when it slowly played out in the novel. But good enough, so I'm not complaining.

And a good way to cap the episode by having Ushio witness those mysterious light orbs appear once again, reminding us that they are key to the whole story.

Today's ED now includes both Tomoya's father and grandmother (who appeared last week), but still no Fuuko, though. Perhaps next week?
Old 2009-02-20, 10:21   Link #34
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
One thing missing from the adaptation of this scene was Tomoya's monologue, in which he swore never to let Sanae be sad ever again, taking responsibility for all that she's gone through due to his neglect.
It was sort of implicit, with Tomoya's pose (e.g. bowing his head) after he heard Sanae and Akio's conversation.
Old 2009-02-20, 10:38   Link #35
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Compared to them, Tomoya has changed somewhat physically. Five years of many sleepless nights from mourning his late wife meant he's got baggy eyes (which can still be seen in next episode's preview).
To illustrate my point, and as a control, I even made sure Tomoya's wearing the same clothes.

Before (episode 15)

After (episode 19)

Notice the small lines on the corners of his eyes.
Old 2009-02-20, 11:28   Link #36
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's so obvious who Ushio's teacher is.
Ushio: "long hair, beautiful and kind"
... dam, does this mean she's not tsun tsun in class, defeats the purpose of having a tsundere teacher

Quote of the episode: "don't hit on people's wives!"

禁則事項です
Old 2009-02-20, 11:39   Link #37
kyomagi

Spoiler for Anyone think this as well?:
Old 2009-02-20, 11:42   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Now that is an interesting theory. You might want to review some of the episodes where they explained a little more about the light orbs (e.g. Yukine's arc), and the instances when the light orbs have appeared previously in order to refine that. In any case, it'd be better to do it in this thread.
Old 2009-02-20, 11:51   Link #39
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The emotion is not as intense as in the former episode. However, on its own, it stays a moving and meaningful episode if not just for Tomoya making his peace with his father. This is the Clannad I love, well the episodes from #16 reminds me why I stuck with the series.
Old 2009-02-20, 12:05   Link #40
kaitoein
Finders Keepers

The picture that ushio draw:

Spoiler for ushio's sketch:

ah btw, i also notice slight change in the ed, it has Okazaki Naoyuki now.
Closed Thread