Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-16, 14:05   Link #1481
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I noticed that early sniping victims tend to do well in ISML. May be the latest event meand Akemi Homura will dominate ISML 2012 ?
So if that's the case would it mean Kuroneko will get sniped earlier than Kirino? O.o;; and I think that maybe true since Hideyoshi is beating Eucliwood right now and Eucliwood does well in ISML
Old 2011-08-16, 14:09   Link #1482
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

I've been silently following Saimoe, and I'm not that really surprised Homura lost this match. I'm still disappointed, but o well what can you do.

Homura will just keep repeating the time loops till she wins anyways
Old 2011-08-16, 14:11   Link #1483
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
At least it was a cool character like Biribiri, and not some... :-X
Yeah imagine if it would have been one of those kugyuu tsuns.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:12   Link #1484
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Even so, one still needs an IP to post in 2ch, no? This is of which I still have not obtained.
Technically speaking, you need an IP to exist in non-real life

Quote:
A02
<<アストレア@そらのおとしもの シリーズ>> (Astraea @ Sora no Otoshimono series)
<<中多紗江@アマガミSS>> (Nakata Sae @ Amagami SS)
<<コーデリア・グラウカ@探偵オペラ ミルキィホームズ>> (Cordelia Glauca @ Tantei Opera Milky Holmes)
oppai vs loli -> 1-0

Quote:
A06
<<ユークリウッド・ヘルサイズ(ユー)@これはゾンビですか?>> (Eucliwood Hellscythe (Eu) @ Kore wa Zombie Desuka?)
<<フェリス・エリス@伝説の勇者の伝説>> (Ferris Eris @ Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu)
<<豊臣ヒデヨシ(日出佳乃)@戦国乙女 ~桃色パラドックス~>> (Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Hide Yoshino) @ Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox)
oppai vs loli -> 1-1

Quote:
A10
<<姫路瑞希@バカとテストと召喚獣 ~祭~>> (Himeji Mizuki @ Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Matsuri)
<<川島みなみ@もしドラ>> (Kawashima Minami @ Moshidora)
<<椎名まゆり@STEINS;GATE>> (Shiina Mayuri @ Steins;Gate)
oppai vs loli -> 2-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanis View Post
Goddammit! Homura's not amused.

Spoiler for really nice, but large image:
kuudere are not moe, by popular vote
Old 2011-08-16, 14:20   Link #1485
zato_1one

It's not surprising, why? If Homura win, it's expected because she did really well in prelim. If Homura lose, it's also expected because, based on previous years, top faction always has high anti-vote and tend to be sniped earlier. <_<
Old 2011-08-16, 14:24   Link #1486
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
kuudere are not moe, by popular vote
I don't know what this "kuudere" term is. In my book, Tsundere is the only dere that exists.

Homura is a female anime character, who's cute. That's moe enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one
If Homura lose, it's also expected because, based on previous years, top faction always has high anti-vote and tend to be sniped earlier. <_<
Unless some OVA comes or 2nd season (though I wouldn't know why there'd be a reason for one), Madoka series may not be eligible next year.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:30   Link #1487
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isn't there some moe slice of life sequel sort of thing in the works for Madoka?
Old 2011-08-16, 14:31   Link #1488
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Isn't there some moe slice of life sequel sort of thing in the works for Madoka?
I think there is but it's unknown when it is gonna come
Old 2011-08-16, 14:34   Link #1489
Sphire

A tough first round and Mikoto pulls a win. Unlucky I guess but it does add spice. Madoka should have an easier time, but it'll be interesting to see what numbers she pulls in.

Todays matches...I guess Eucliwood and Mayuri get my backing. Though Himeji's not that bad either.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:36   Link #1490
Arkanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by enxel View Post
This is not helping me ;_;
But me. Misery loves company. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I think there is but it's unknown when it is gonna come
afaik Shinbo only said he wants to make one (or to be exact, if it get's a second season, he want's it to be a slice of life). source.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:40   Link #1491
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanis View Post
afaik Shinbo only said he wants to make one (or to be exact, if it get's a second season, he want's it to be a slice of life). source.
Hmm, that's bad news... for I actually quite respect the Madoka characters for having an enemy to fight. That's not going to be the case for "slice of life". After all, this first season still had Homura paired with Kyuubi fighting something. And damn you Kyuubi!

Now, if the focus is life after all the magical girl stuff... maybe... maybe I'll buy into that. Unfortunately, that would exclude Madoka herself.
Old 2011-08-16, 14:52   Link #1492
Arkanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Hmm, that's bad news... for I actually quite respect the Madoka characters for having an enemy to fight. That's not going to be the case for "slice of life". After all, this first season still had Homura paired with Kyuubi fighting something. And damn you Kyuubi!

Now, if the focus is life after all the magical girl stuff... maybe... maybe I'll buy into that. Unfortunately, that would exclude Madoka herself.
Hmm, Madoka Magica being a character study (in my opinion) it wouldn't hurt to say: Ok, let's just take the characters and throw them into a non canonical parallel universe where the five protagonists are friends and have fun together (with maybe the witch hunt as a small side aspect).

I'd be perfectly fine with something like that.

See Drama CD Vol. 2 for further impressions
Old 2011-08-16, 15:00   Link #1493
zato_1one

Judging from the success of the series, I won't be surprised if Madoka has a spin-off or even a sequel in OVA or full season.
Old 2011-08-16, 15:02   Link #1494
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I don't know what this "kuudere" term is. In my book, Tsundere is the only dere that exists.

Homura is a female anime character, who's cute. That's moe enough.

Unless some OVA comes or 2nd season (though I wouldn't know why there'd be a reason for one), Madoka series may not be eligible next year.
Kuudere is someone who either speaks little, or speaks calmy like all the time. Kuroneko, Lain, Rei, Yuki, etc. From MAL club on the subject
Quote:
Term of Kuudere:
One of the newer neologism, a kuudere rounds out the —'dere' family in a rather basic way.

What this means depends on the character, But usually implies the character is not very openly emotional and regards other people cynically (a 'cool' outlook, rather than being popular). The difference is while the tsundere is underlied by immaturity and openly abrasive, the kuudere is only indirectly frustrating or indifferent. There's a much higher chance kuudere are older, and may be accompanied by a more energetic (or annoying) Morality Pet wanting to emulate this graceful mature character.

Occasionally this is a trait of the true Emotionless Girl, added deliberately by writers or projected by fans.

Compared to yandere and tsundere, the kuudere has a higher chance of being either gender.

Term of Dandere:
Dandere is an abbreviation of だんまりデレデレ[danmari deredere]. だんまり[danmari] means to be calm or to shut one’s mouth up all the time. And デレデレ means, you know, such a sweet attitude. She doesn’t speak at all mostly, but when there’s no one else but you two, she would be sweet to you. In other words, she would be in deredere-mode.
Old 2011-08-16, 15:49   Link #1495
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
After the preliminaries almost all my favorites are qualified as expected, with the exception of Wendy Marvell, proves no love for this loli or Fairy Tail is not popular for moe lovers. Sadly, I have no favorites in Group B and G.

Well time to get picks for 8/16/2011
A1 - Suzu Hagimura (So Ai Habara will exit JMOE quickly than expected. I wonder if Aki Toyosaki fans would sort things out and make Jun Nagase win this bracket. Favorite episodes of Suzu, episodes 4 and 8)
A5 - Homura Akemi (1st blood battle for Madoka faction and against Misaka Mikoto, I'm scared of the outcome as K-ON faction may get involved to make sure Homura won't use her time leap ability. Will she become the first to gets assassinated or she survives the possible ambush from others while beating electric biri biri.)
A9 - Nodoka Manabe (Easy strolling for Nodoka, 1st K-ON guaranteed to move on second round.)
Reaction:
Only Suzu managed to move to the next round, it seems K-ON faction is finished or they just voted for Misaka Mikoto and the other pair just to eliminate Homura Akemi.

Day 1 result 1-2; only 9 picks of mine remains in JMOE with Homura Akemi's elimination.

Picks for 8/17/2011
A2 - Sae Nakata (interesting round of dumb-shy-smart breast match. I enjoyed Sae Nakata's arc and its only one of the two favorites in Amagami-SS excluding Miya and Risa. Cordelia may win this one.)
A5 - Necromancer Girl (silent moe at its finest, with the main protagonist delusion featuring different seiyuu as her delusion voice. And just this year we have two necromancers the other one is slated for JMOE 2012 if she's still remembered.)
A10 - Mayushii (Tuturu Tuturu...to be honest I have it as my ringtone for each phone I have. She would be loved through sympathy and hope she prevails.)
Old 2011-08-16, 16:41   Link #1496
Suzuran
Public Nuisance

Has anyone had any luck at all getting a vote code?
I'm still getting the code limit message.
Is this the new "You're banned!" message?
Old 2011-08-16, 16:43   Link #1497
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Seems like it. I let it wait all night after not getting one after an hour. Same message.
Old 2011-08-16, 17:34   Link #1498
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Ffff, I almost didn't have the motivation to continue speculate today's match even though Homura isn't even one of my favourites in PMMM....

Even the girls want her...
Old 2011-08-16, 20:44   Link #1499
Kudryavka

Heard that this year, they put a chokehold on foreign voters by disallowing them to get codes in the prelims. As of now, unclear if they just forgot to lift the restrictions for the main tournament, or if they're just giving us the bird.

Since moe is srs, the latter's probably true. Let's all pray it's the former, though.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:26   Link #1500
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

>mikoto

fffffuu-

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament