AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-19, 01:37   Link #3421
anisu

Quote:
On a Chinese forum someone has admitted to being the cause of the multivotes for Misaka
It just had to be a foreigner, didn't it. Oh well, it's good that we've gotten to the bottom of it, and these updates are most interesting.

Quote:
He did say that he helped Saten into the top 8 last year
It's like every result that I think can't possibly be real actually wasn't.
Old 2011-10-19, 01:40   Link #3422
Kyuu
=^^=

So, some Chinese group was responsible for bringing Saten into the Final 8... over Fate of all characters. Ugh. Now, that is bad taste.
Old 2011-10-19, 01:40   Link #3423
wontaek

If his groups are made of Chinese folks, how did they overcome the IP Ban on China?
Old 2011-10-19, 01:48   Link #3424
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
You bring a good point, but 98% of all that is trivialized to yuri moe. In fact, every single show you mentioned suffers from this. All the complexity is reduced to a single 'x'. Truly the worst fanbase possible.
Well, thanks for considering my general point at least.

But as a very serious yuri fan, I couldn't disagree more with what I put in bold there. I don't see why the addition of yuri subtext (or explicit yuri) removes complexity. In fact, in my mind, it often adds complexity, and can make a character more well-rounded.

Spoiler for Example from Madoka Magica, somewhat spoilerrific:

But clearly, we all have different taste in moe, with me loving "yuri moe", others "loli moe", etc...

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-10-19 at 02:04.
Old 2011-10-19, 01:52   Link #3425
abc0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
This link if you can read Chinese.
Heh thanks for the link, and those peoples are totally disgraceful, for ruining the tournament since last year, or maybe even earlier.....
Old 2011-10-19, 01:54   Link #3426
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is a counter for China's numbers is Saimoe...Americans.
(One of the interesting benefits of ISML is getting regional data)
Old 2011-10-19, 01:55   Link #3427
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post

I did keep my count in 2007 when foreign reversals happened, and it was generally a turn for the worse. People's choices here were way too biased toward few series. It's not like the radicals against foreign voting didn't have arguments, we fed them enough of those.

Although, it's not like 2011 2ch is performing much better. It's as if THEY need to watch more anime now...
The number of people here wouldn't top even 40. It is too small for there not to be a few series most people here seems to favor. If everyone likes or dislikes a series at random, since there are dozens of series to choose from, the randomness within small sample kind of demands that there are 3 ~ 5 series where something like 2/3 or more of people here likes. Therefore the claim that certain IP bandwidth seems to favor only certain series has huge hole in it as you can't make that kind of claim on sample size smaller than 100.

Furthermore, I don't think Non-Japanese votes in Saimoe ever topped 700. There is no way Japanese voters and Non-Japanese voters to agree on all matches, and chances are that there will be matches where 70% of within Japan's vote goes for character A while 70% of outside-Japan's vote will go to Character B just because there are so many matches with so few a voters in both group. Therefore I don't think it is fair to criticize one of the groups for showing unreasonable bias for certain series, because even by pure chance, there will exist one of two series that 100 or so randomly chosen non-Japanese seems to favor overwhelmingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Heh thanks for the link, and those peoples are totally disgraceful, for ruining the tournament since last year, or maybe even earlier.....
If they never had valid code due to IP bans on China, I don't think any of their vote had counted.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-10-19 at 20:27.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:02   Link #3428
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

@wontaek I'm not familiar with the technology involved, but from my understanding there were two methods used, one was through the purchase of servers to reach an ip range that has not been banned, and another one was through the exploitation of a bug in the code issuing process that existed early in the tournament this year, although the organizers had fixed that already.

@anisu
Google translate never fails to entertain. If you were curious, "gun sister" is the literal translation of Misaka's nickname, since she uses a railgun and is called onee-sama by Kuroko.

Even the girls want her...

Last edited by Marisa Kirisame; 2011-10-19 at 02:14.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:03   Link #3429
anisu

Quote:
This link if you can read Chinese.
Google translate is useless, by stylishly so. "I do not say anything, you black black gun sister" "Insert bad touch tiger ..." "Sister the money shot here is a basic" And then he says just what I was thinking: "I know a lot of people waiting to see guns sister jokes."

Time to make a Black Gun Sister poster.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:26   Link #3430
zato_1one

Ha Ha Ha... With this discoveries, now I'm pretty sure that it's not too farfetched to say that all moe tournaments (Saimoe, Best Moe and ISML) suffer from multi-voting. <_<
Old 2011-10-19, 02:30   Link #3431
Team Rocket Elite

I can't read the original source but I'm hoping Saimoe organizers actually verify that the fraudulent votes the voter stuffers claimed they made are actually fraudulent. They could lie about the cheating they did to direct backlash at characters they don't actually support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Ha Ha Ha... With this discoveries, now I'm pretty sure that it's not too farfetched to say that all moe tournaments (Saimoe, Best Moe and ISML) suffer from multi-voting. <_<
ISML? When was that?
Old 2011-10-19, 02:31   Link #3432
wontaek

Quote:
Except that ISML has so many voters, that the multi-voters actually cancel each other out in a way. KBM used to be like that as well. When you dozens of cheaters, chances are that cheaters will be distributed in manner similar to non-cheaters, so the multi-voters will merely amplify the results, not overturn it. The threshold for this is likely around 5000 total votes. Of course, ISML do remove most of the obvious multies.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:38   Link #3433
Kyuu
=^^=

In b4 Saimoe voting requires 16-digit ID numbers to vote.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:44   Link #3434
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A query might be to find out just how many "foreign" voters actually remain in Saimoe. Because dispite the news from China, all this is likely a local problem, ie: Japanese voters.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:44   Link #3435
Team Rocket Elite

They should add a captcha where you need to identify anime characters to get your voting code. If you don't know who they are, you haven't seen enough series and thus don't deserve to have a vote anyways.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:45   Link #3436
zato_1one

It's just only my suspicious of course. I can't really comment about ISML because I've already stopped following it. But with this muti-voting scheme for certain characters like Tenshi and Misaka. It may be a bit of coincidence that they are currently no.1 and no.2 in ISML.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:45   Link #3437
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post

ISML? When was that?
How quick you forget...
Old 2011-10-19, 02:48   Link #3438
wontaek

Quote:
It's just only my suspicious of course. I can't really comment about ISML because I've already stopped following it. But with this muti-voting scheme for certain characters like Tenshi and Misaka. It may be a bit of coincidence that they are currently no.1 and no.2 in ISML.
How about this? There are thousands of people who likes Tenshi and Misaka. 0.1% of people are someone who will do any cheating possible to win, no matter how trivial that victory may be. If there are thousands of people and 0.1% are blatant cheaters, than it is likely that there are several blatant cheaters who also likes Tenshi and Biribiri
Old 2011-10-19, 02:51   Link #3439
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Except one cheater is capable of amounting to a hundred or even a thousand votes.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:54   Link #3440
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
To be honest, it's those ones that are easy to catch. There are two scenario.

1) 100-500 multivotes for character A (using some kind of script). This is obvious and easy to catch.
2) 3-5 multivotes for character A (manually voting on different IP). Like maglor said, this is very easily canceled because someone else also had this idea for character B.
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament