AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-05-24, 12:42   Link #441
Marina2

Damm...We didn't get to see ITEM in ep.7.

However, according to ep.8 preview, look like J.C. staff will give us a bit of original scene with ITEM. The scene where they are defeating those men should be interesting.

Spoiler for ep.8 preview:
Old 2013-05-24, 14:15   Link #442
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next episodes
08. ITEM
09. Ability Router (AIM Stalker)
10. Atom Destruction (Meltdowner)

There really are taking their time with this. We'll have to wait and see how they are handling it.
Old 2013-05-24, 14:19   Link #443
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

For everyone remarking on how the anime is taking its time--were you really expecting it to be done in eight episodes or what?
Old 2013-05-24, 17:00   Link #444
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
For everyone remarking on how the anime is taking its time--were you really expecting it to be done in eight episodes or what?
I agree. I think its better that they are taking their time. We have more time to experience awesome scenes.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 17:11   Link #445
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Really, each overall arc in Railgun season 1 was 12 episodes, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be the same here. Anyone who watched Railgun season 1 has literally no excuse.

And if it WAS going through it all quickly, so the whole arc takes less than 12 episodes, people would complain they're rushing it.
Old 2013-05-24, 17:52   Link #446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Because it's not? At this rate they're crossing well pass the 12 episode mark and probably into 15. If they cut out all this bullshit they can easily finish this in 12 episodes without rushing and have time for anything else (not necessarily Daihaisensai, but just anything)

And If I wanted atmosphere I would go climb a mountain- The entire Toaru series (both of them) is not about soaking in the FEELZ.

I'll say this much though- It's still not as bad as people had feared during speculation, but it sure is annoying.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 18:00   Link #447
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because it's not? At this rate they're crossing well pass the 12 episode mark and probably into 15. If they cut out all this bullshit they can easily finish this in 12 episodes without rushing and have time for anything else (not necessarily Daihaisensai, but just anything)

And If I wanted atmosphere I would go climb a mountain- The entire Toaru series (both of them) is not about soaking in the FEELZ.

I'll say this much though- It's still not as bad as people had feared during speculation, but it sure is annoying.
Well... sure... but the railgun anime adaptations seem to be this

Also, I'm pretty sure the Liberal Arts and Sciences City arc is going to be animated. Maybe we'll also see Gunha vs. Mikoto.
Old 2013-05-24, 18:51   Link #448
Primary Consult

ITEM filler would be amazing. Hell they could make an entire filler spinoff of ITEM and I would watch religiously.

This week was a bit meh... maybe better with subs but I am a little doubtful. I thought for a second that Konori was talking with Kuroko about the research facility attacks but it may have been wishful thinking .

I am greatly anticipating hearing Frenda and Kinuhata's unique speech patterns.

Random thought: seeing Kinuhata wearing pants is strange...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 19:19   Link #449
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
ITEM filler would be amazing. Hell they could make an entire filler spinoff of ITEM and I would watch religiously.

This week was a bit meh... maybe better with subs but I am a little doubtful. I thought for a second that Konori was talking with Kuroko about the research facility attacks but it may have been wishful thinking .

I am greatly anticipating hearing Frenda and Kinuhata's unique speech patterns.

Random thought: seeing Kinuhata wearing pants is strange...
Lol, to that very last comment.
Spoiler:

I like the fact that from the episode titles we are going to see a lot of each of the members of ITEM. So I'm guessing people now want a spinoff ITEM manga, Mental Out Manga, and a Guts Manga (lol).

I think they were talking about the fires. She was out patrolling because of those fires, I think.
Old 2013-05-25, 01:14   Link #450
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

I can stomach today's episode knowing that we get at least three dedicated to ITEM.

In all honesty though, I had little qualms with today's episode after re-watching the subs. I like what they did with Kuroko here, showing her helplessness as well. It's something I don't remember being as emotionally effected by in the manga.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 01:38   Link #451
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I agree. I think its better that they are taking their time. We have more time to experience awesome scenes.
Look, I don't have problem with studio taking their time but they are taking their time in the wrong way. Insted of SOL, why not add in original scene that actually related sister arc?

I can see many ways to expand this chapter without SOL.
Old 2013-05-25, 02:05   Link #452
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They've still got to involve Mikoto's friends in the story somehow, without getting them involved in the actual Sisters incident. The problem stems from the manga focusing on Mikoto, with Kuroko, Kazari, and Ruiko as side characters for the most part, but season 1 of the anime gave them all importance and focus.

It's a failing of the arc, not of the studio.
Old 2013-05-25, 13:15   Link #453
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Really? The story is what it is, and if they're going to twist in some fluffy puffy warmness into it then fine, but we don't have to love it. And no they don't have to involve the others in more than the original content did. If they want to go that route like they did with season 1 then they can do it in the latter half of the season. They can do 10 or more of them. Like others have said they could've expanded the darker scenes and shown more of Mikoto's night's out. That actually complements the story arc and it would be a ton more exciting than going 4 leaf clover picking. And the original stuff they had in the past episodes are alright. But after building up the tension and pace, only to let it slow down again... Kinda breaks up the momentum and storytelling don't you think?
It's actually not as bad as they could've made it (possibly) so it's still bearable. But I don't like waiting a week, just to be told, "come back again next week, and maybe then..."
Old 2013-05-25, 13:45   Link #454
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As I've joked- The catchphrase for this season is "Wait for next episode...."
Old 2013-05-25, 17:10   Link #455
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
They've still got to involve Mikoto's friends in the story somehow, without getting them involved in the actual Sisters incident. The problem stems from the manga focusing on Mikoto, with Kuroko, Kazari, and Ruiko as side characters for the most part, but season 1 of the anime gave them all importance and focus.

It's a failing of the arc that the studio decided to change things ?
Old 2013-05-25, 20:23   Link #456
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
It's a failing of the arc that the studio decided to change things ?
It's a failing of the arc because the studio can't change things to include the other three main members of the cast into the overall arc without breaking the entire arc as it was depicted in Index and the manga. The manga gave little focus to Kuroko, Kazari, and Ruiko, the previous anime season gave them a larger focus. It's just incompatible.

I agree that it's hardly ideal in this case, but there's not much that can be done about it. Previous season non-manga watchers will wonder where the heck Kuroko and the others are if they hardly show up at all in season 2. But for the sake of the arc's narrative? J.C.'s hands are tied.
Old 2013-05-25, 20:37   Link #457
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's a failing of the arc because the studio can't change things to include the other three main members of the cast into the overall arc without breaking the entire arc as it was depicted in Index and the manga. The manga gave little focus to Kuroko, Kazari, and Ruiko, the previous anime season gave them a larger focus. It's just incompatible.

I agree that it's hardly ideal in this case, but there's not much that can be done about it. Previous season non-manga watchers will wonder where the heck Kuroko and the others are if they hardly show up at all in season 2. But for the sake of the arc's narrative? J.C.'s hands are tied.

I think that's the problem with Railgun; even among itself it's fragmented with different fanbase that wants two different things. And the Anime have to compromise with both side of the fanbase because of the difference in tone between media.

To a lesser extend Index has this problem as well, where the Kamijou/Misaka shippers just want more of that fuel, but generally everyone going into Index are all on the same page in terms of what the show would be about whether it's Anime, Manga or Light Novel readers.

This is not a criticism, just an observation.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-05-25 at 20:51.
Old 2013-05-25, 20:58   Link #458
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh, I agree. I think the biggest problem is how each media focuses on things. The manga put emphasis pretty much only on Mikoto and the Sisters plotline, but the anime needed a bigger cast due to the longer plot arcs and time frame it deals with. It's just clashing here.
Old 2013-05-25, 21:31   Link #459
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Oh, I agree. I think the biggest problem is how each media focuses on things. The manga put emphasis pretty much only on Mikoto and the Sisters plotline, but the anime needed a bigger cast due to the longer plot arcs and time frame it deals with. It's just clashing here.
I used to have same attitude about JC, but I found it to be unjustified. Kyoani and Shaft did the same thing, and viewers still like them. They change the story and add new characters, and they got away with their deeds. Why put a big blame on other studio. As long the anime is enjoyable, it's fine. The manga is at its own universe.

The anime is Mikoto centric, so I like to see her whimsical interaction with other espers, such as Blue Flower Delight.

Images
the city's biggest yakuza espers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:43   Link #460
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I personally don't have an issue with JC. The only times I had issue with their practices thus far is ZnT and SnS season 2, and even then I enjoyed the adaptation. I just feel this particular instance isn't really their fault, it's an issue with the adaptation itself, it doesn't offer a lot of room for deviation.