AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-24, 23:07   Link #141
Bdoom12

I'm pretty sure that once you become a heroic spirit, you're stuck. No way to reverse it, other than breaking the laws of causality(I think that's it), such as
Spoiler for visual novel:
Bdoom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 02:39   Link #142
Brother Coa
Banned

Well in regard to that Saber is exception as she reversed back to her own time when she decided to abandon her quest and accept her fate. But as I said, she is exception.

And I am pretty sure that Grail can offer servants second life, even made them human again if they wish.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 08:30   Link #143
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdoom12 View Post
I'm pretty sure that once you become a heroic spirit, you're stuck. No way to reverse it, other than breaking the laws of causality(I think that's it), such as
Spoiler for visual novel:

Spoiler for VN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Well in regard to that Saber is exception as she reversed back to her own time when she decided to abandon her quest and accept her fate. But as I said, she is exception.
Saber isn't a Heroic Spirit yet, because she was summoned before she died. She doesn't have to be removed from the Throne because she's not yet in the Throne.

Quote:
And I am pretty sure that Grail can offer servants second life, even made them human again if they wish.
It can, yes (in principle, anyway), but that doesn't erase the Heroic Spirit in question from the Throne.

A servant is merely a copy of the soul present in the Throne. They are a separate instance that is wiped-clean when they die like any normal person would be. You can give them life without in any way affecting the Throne.
Old 2014-02-25, 09:35   Link #144
Brother Coa
Banned

@Cherry_Lover

Thanks for the info
Old 2014-03-03, 09:01   Link #145
Nigale86

Hi I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same theory or not

But I thought I would share my thoughts for the upcoming series

These findings are only speculation as there has been no confirmation by ufotable but I believe this anime will be based in part on the heavens feel route laced with parts of other routes and new scenes that best the answer the questions posed by the ending of fate/zero

The reason I believe this is because of the scan that was posted in the previous thread last year this is the one with saber on one page and shirou on the other the screenshots seem to point to to the heavens feel route as I believe if ufotable was trying to confuse us they would have used a balance of shots from each route the only one that seems out of place is the one of shirou looking up at archer which I believe could still play some part in the adaption although not completely the other reason is the convienent little words eleven godsends underneath the pictures of Sakura and Illya this comes into play only now because the heavens feels storyline is fresh in my mind it mentions eleven years when referring to Sakura and Illya quite often and I'm thinking that might be what the words eleven godsends might refer to

However these words are also on other type-moon scans from that particular Newtype issue so it might be overthinking but the location is interesting none the less if the words were anywhere else on page it wouldn't even be considered

So I'm thinking that scan may reveal a lot more than we think it does

But I guess we may have to wait till the AnimeJapan Convention where we might get some more details hopefully

Sorry my comments are quite longwinded but I thought it was interesting and thought someone else might have come to the same conclusion
Nigale86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 11:19   Link #146
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigale86 View Post
...but I believe this anime will be based in part on the heavens feel route...
That moment when everyone realizes that Urobuchi was telling the truth back then when he talked about Unlimited Blade Works.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 11:22   Link #147
Brother Coa
Banned

I am pretty sure that everything we got from Type-Moon magazine January issue regarding new anime is pretty much confirmed and accepted by both Type-Moon and unfotable ( you cannot be any more official ).
When Nasu is going to be involved with the story-line you know it will be like that. What will feature you have explained in previous 3-5 pages. In short - it will be new story-line featuring parts from Fate, UBW and HF ( hopefully ), in what way only Nasu knows now.

And can we please post when we have some new confirmed info and not speculate, because two previous threads were closed because of speculation.
Old 2014-03-03, 11:25   Link #148
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
When Nasu is going to be involved with the story-line you know it will be like that. What will feature you have explained in previous 3-5 pages. In short - it will be new story-line featuring parts from Fate, UBW and HF ( hopefully ), in what way only Nasu knows now.
Actually, it just said new scenes, not new story. There's literally nothing known about it other than we'll get some new scenes, which at the very least means it's highly unlikely to be a completely new route (ie: no Illya or Archer route).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 12:01   Link #149
Brother Coa
Banned

When I said new I mean't it will not be adaptions of any of three routes but combination of all three, with new added scenes to compensate between them.
Something like original 2006 anime but done little better to include HF route as well.
Old 2014-03-03, 12:09   Link #150
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
That moment when everyone realizes that Urobuchi was telling the truth back then when he talked about Unlimited Blade Works.
I think it's unlikely to just be straight UBW given that Rider and Sakura feature reasonably prominently on advertising, and Saber is also very prominent. Plus, a UBW adaptation already exists and came out not long ago, so re-doing it seems odd even if it is not very good.
Old 2014-03-03, 17:58   Link #151
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I think it's unlikely to just be straight UBW given that Rider and Sakura feature reasonably prominently on advertising, and Saber is also very prominent. Plus, a UBW adaptation already exists and came out not long ago, so re-doing it seems odd even if it is not very good.
Excuses on existence of Deen animes are poor argument. Especially in case of UBW movie which actually wasn't even proper adaptation. Current trailer is just a montage of PS Vita openings so, that isn't conclusive about anything. More conclusive is even promo poster and that suggests rather UBW than anything else. And even Ufotable's statements speak more for UBW than HF. Only reason why everyone outside of Japan want Ufotable making HF is fact that it was not adapted by Deen in any form. But from the production perspective it's not a very good reason. HF in the form in which it is presented in the game isn't actually very good scenario for stand alone anime (regardless of story qualities) and also Sakura is unfortunately significantly less popular heroine in comparison to Saber and Rin. I doubt that they will want to do anime primarily focused around her. On the other hand UBW appropriately fits into Ufotable's intention to portray Shirou as a proper hero and with Zero has many thematic connections. Also Saber is still a significant character in UBW. Even romance there is actually more love triad between Shirou, Rin and Saber than anything else (good end isn't threesome ending without reason). So it just need add a some extra scenes for her and even Saberfags will be fully satisfied. Of course, I'm not saying that there are not other ways, but for now I have feeling that Urobuchi could speak truth because so far what we know:
  • It’s confirmed that Saber, Rin, Shirou and Taiga will have new casual outfit (why not Sakura?) and some additional clothing for others.
  • Series will have a linear plot. (no omnibus)
  • F/SN remake was approved before final episode of F/Z was aired. (thus Urobuchi really might know something back then)
  • They want better portray Shirou as hero of story and fix some of his attitudes. (this really gives UBW vibes)
Old 2014-03-03, 19:16   Link #152
cyberdemon

Depends on what kind of hero they wish for him to be. The hero of many (UBW/Fate) or the hero of one (HF). It all comes down to the person which becomes more important to them and what they deem fixing Shiro.
Old 2014-03-04, 06:03   Link #153
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It all comes down to the person which becomes more important to them and what they deem fixing Shiro.
From what I hear, they primarily want to significantly reduce his sexism and especially he should not seem like such idiot as before.
Old 2014-03-04, 07:38   Link #154
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Excuses on existence of Deen animes are poor argument. Especially in case of UBW movie which actually wasn't even proper adaptation.
It's still more than HF has got, and if they just do a pure UBW anime then the original movie becomes essentially worthless, which I doubt is something they want (and I suspect Deen would be very unhappy if they did that).

Quote:
Current trailer is just a montage of PS Vita openings so, that isn't conclusive about anything.
Sure, but it does imply they intend to cover all three routes.

Quote:
More conclusive is even promo poster and that suggests rather UBW than anything else.
How does it? Rider is in focus, she has almost no involvement in UBW whatsoever. Similarly, Sakura is shown.

Quote:
And even Ufotable's statements speak more for UBW than HF.
Like what?

Quote:
Only reason why everyone outside of Japan want Ufotable making HF is fact that it was not adapted by Deen in any form. But from the production perspective it's not a very good reason.
I think it's a damn good reason, personally. I'm sick of all this Saber-centric and Rin-centric crap.

Quote:
HF in the form in which it is presented in the game isn't actually very good scenario for stand alone anime (regardless of story qualities) and also Sakura is unfortunately significantly less popular heroine in comparison to Saber and Rin.
Perhaps, but there is already an anime for bloody Rin and Saber fans. Why the hell should they need another one?

Quote:
I doubt that they will want to do anime primarily focused around her. On the other hand UBW appropriately fits into Ufotable's intention to portray Shirou as a proper hero and with Zero has many thematic connections. Also Saber is still a significant character in UBW.
Yeah, some hero, running away to London with the sister of a horribly-tortured girl who loves him more than anything and leaving her to be worm-raped to death....

I can't see them not addressing Sakura after Zero, and nor can I see them not addressing her relationship to Rin. It would leave a really bad taste in the mouth of a lot of Zero-watchers who haven't played the VN.

Quote:
Even romance there is actually more love triad between Shirou, Rin and Saber than anything else (good end isn't threesome ending without reason). So it just need add a some extra scenes for her and even Saberfags will be fully satisfied.
Right, and Sakura fans can just get stuffed like usual, right?

Quote:
Of course, I'm not saying that there are not other ways, but for now I have feeling that Urobuchi could speak truth because so far what we know:
Well, it's possible, but if it's true and Sakura is left on the sidelines I will be seriously pissed-off. I'm sick of this bloody pandering to Saber fans everywhere.

Quote:
  • It’s confirmed that Saber, Rin, Shirou and Taiga will have new casual outfit (why not Sakura?) and some additional clothing for others.
Well, that doesn't necessarily rule out HF. Sakura in HF is wearing borrowed clothes the whole way through, and I can't imagine Zouken is overly bothered about giving her a variety of clothing to wear....

Quote:
  • Series will have a linear plot. (no omnibus)
Well, all that means is that they're not doing more than one route. It doesn't really imply UBW.

Honestly, I suspect that whatever they make will be substantially modified from the original route it is based on, and I would expect pretty much everything from Zero to be addressed.

Quote:
  • F/SN remake was approved before final episode of F/Z was aired. (thus Urobuchi really might know something back then)
Possibly, but I'm not sure they'd even decided what route to follow at that point.

Quote:
  • They want better portray Shirou as hero of story and fix some of his attitudes. (this really gives UBW vibes)
But UBW Shirou is a shit hero. He can't even save those closest to him, and indeed ends up making Sakura's life worse.
Old 2014-03-04, 07:56   Link #155
Nigale86

I agree with Cherry Lover on that not picking up on the narrative of Rin and Sakura being sisters would be a mistake because anyone that's either watched fate/zero or played the vn already knows that so I think it would be really weird to hide that fact again.

Also I think Heavens Feel fits well with most of the characters storylines but not all and i think the ending might be the perfect chance to include some waver perhaps

it will be interesting to see how they incorporate the other routes into it as I imagine that wouldn't be an easy task
Nigale86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 09:21   Link #156
Cherry_Lover

Well, I would like to see HF, but I am not overly convinced they will go with it. I can't imagine them not covering Sakura's story in a reasonable amount of detail, though, and I would expect Rider to be somewhat involved too.
Old 2014-03-04, 11:48   Link #157
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

The main problem I have with all the routes is usually Shirou, so to me it would depend more on how they handle him than the story itself. Because to be hones, while I am not a fan of UBW or HF and I only like Fate a little because I do like Saber, the other stories could work just fine if they just don't make him so... like him.
Old 2014-03-04, 12:27   Link #158
Cherry_Lover

I think making Shirou not Shirou defeats the whole point of adapting the story, honestly. Shirou's ideal etc. is a large part of the point of FSN, removing that simply does not make sense.
Old 2014-03-04, 12:34   Link #159
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I think making Shirou not Shirou defeats the whole point of adapting the story, honestly. Shirou's ideal etc. is a large part of the point of FSN, removing that simply does not make sense.
HF does it best I feel. It's the route that makes Shiro question being a hero for the sake of the one he loves. That's something neither Archer, Rin, or Saber could make Shiro do.
Old 2014-03-04, 13:07   Link #160
Brother Coa
Banned

And that was exactly the reason why I don't like HF, but each to their own.

Whatever they decide to do it will be to please all fans not just fans of Fate, UBW or HF routes.
Because it will be tied to Fate/Zero, and Fate/Zero contradicted itself in several places with F/SN I don't consider 3 routes to be taken into account at all as accurate representation of new anime. They will just take most important events from VN and group them together into new story-line, that way they will please everyone and that's what they are aiming at.

The most important thing here is who will be Shirou love interest, because that will practically decide the ending if anime.

And frankly, I am more interested in what music they will use in anime. I am big fan of music from 2006 anime and I will be very disappointed if they do not recycle some of the more epic pieces from original soundtrack.

This being sad, this has became another "wish" and "speculation" and "theorizing" thread... again.... -_-

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable