Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-13, 07:56   Link #621
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
So...remove Shirou from the show entirely and make Rin the protagonist with Saber as her servant ? 'Cause that's the only way and I would be on cloud nine with happiness.

I just hope Saber's happy ending isn't tied to becoming Shiro's wife and raising his kids.
Um, as I recall...
Spoiler for lol:
Old 2014-06-13, 08:52   Link #622
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Yeah, that really irked me on the "Fate" route. Saying that to a person who's definitely more powerful and experienced than you when it comes to fights.

Now that you mentioned it, did he ever said that line in front of Rin(and possibly Taiga). If he did, then that probably explain why I didn't have a problem with Rin trying to shoot Shirou in the "UBW" route.
Nah, it's pretty much just Saber who gets that treatment. Shirou just seems to implicitly accept the idea that Rin is capable of fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Haha, oh ufoTABLE/Newtype. Release a promo picture with three servants, and each one is the representative "main" servant of each of the three routes (Saber, Archer, Rider). Good game, trolls. Good game.
To be fair, they're also the most popular servants by some way, as well as being the ones who get the most focus in the story overall, so it's not overly surprising they would focus on those three. And, honestly, I would be very surprised if Rider, Archer and Saber don't get a significant amount of involvement, regardless of the route they eventually take. They're just too popular not to.
Old 2014-06-13, 09:18   Link #623
GDB

And yet, we were shown Lancer stills rather than Rider stills at the ufoTABLE booth.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 09:52   Link #624
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
And yet, we were shown Lancer stills rather than Rider stills at the ufoTABLE booth.
- Hey, cut the guy a break. He's got the worst luck of the servants. Maybe they're just giving him some more moral support. :P
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 09:56   Link #625
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
I don't think Rider really shows up much (if at-all) in the common route, so using any images of her would have spoilered the route choice. Lancer, on the other hand, is a large part of the common route, especially the fighting part of it.
Old 2014-06-13, 10:15   Link #626
Brother Coa
Banned

I doubt that we will see Lance that much at all, he is Kotomine's servant and he is using him to set the stage as he likes it.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 10:24   Link #627
LoveYouSaber

No one sparing a thought for True Assassin? Lancer at least got screen time. I don't think I ever saw True Assassin appearing in anime.

... maybe we need to fight for a happy ending for True Assassin LOL. Anyone with good ideas?
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 10:25   Link #628
Eragon
Still Alive

Lancer can't get away from (married)women fast enough (F/Z specific)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Womanly happiness need to be what I specified. And if they had to make her to be together with someone I would bring back Irisvel - or anybody that is not Shirou.
Old 2014-06-13, 10:54   Link #629
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Lancer can't get away from (married)women fast enough (F/Z specific)

Womanly happiness need to be what I specified. And if they had to make her to be together with someone I would bring back Irisvel - or anybody that is not Shirou.
Or have her get mindraped by Gilgamesh like his ending in fate unlimited codes, I'd say that's a happy end.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 22:01   Link #630
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I hope it will be NOT mostly a Fate adaption... Fate would be like Fate/Zero 2.0 with an unfitting protagonist.

I personally think Heavens Feel with bits of UBW (damn I really want to see Shirou vs Gilga in the reality marble by ufotable!), while removing that whole arm transplantation and replacing it with how he aquired the skills in UBW instead, would be nice. Of course it would also require to change Saber's role in all of this, because all 3 heroines from the VN were promised closure (if I remember that correctly).

I don't really care about the romance aspect, but for a mostly HFsque adaption, Sakura's character would have to be handled very carefully or it could fail miserably (I heard it was handled badly in the DEEN anime and the manga). If they manage to pull it off like that then they can go for the moe-moe shipping with Saber or tsundere Rin for all I care (though I get the feeling a lot of people cannot accept Sakura just because she is not "pure", a phenomenom that I have encountered countless times in the anime fandom).

But I wouldn't mind if the anime ends up going the no-romance route, as long as it has no negative influence on the story. Just please no Fate adaption! That is all I want...
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 22:34   Link #631
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I hope it will be NOT mostly a Fate adaption... Fate would be like Fate/Zero 2.0 with an unfitting protagonist.

I personally think Heavens Feel with bits of UBW (damn I really want to see Shirou vs Gilga in the reality marble by ufotable!), while removing that whole arm transplantation and replacing it with how he aquired the skills in UBW instead, would be nice. Of course it would also require to change Saber's role in all of this, because all 3 heroines from the VN were promised closure (if I remember that correctly).

I don't really care about the romance aspect, but for a mostly HFsque adaption, Sakura's character would have to be handled very carefully or it could fail miserably (I heard it was handled badly in the DEEN anime and the manga). If they manage to pull it off like that then they can go for the moe-moe shipping with Saber or tsundere Rin for all I care (though I get the feeling a lot of people cannot accept Sakura just because she is not "pure", a phenomenom that I have encountered countless times in the anime fandom).

But I wouldn't mind if the anime ends up going the no-romance route, as long as it has no negative influence on the story. Just please no Fate adaption! That is all I want...
I agree with your post. There's one thing that's bothering me, though. I wonder how the studio is going to have Shirou develop his powers/abilities throughout the series?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 03:59   Link #632
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

If you ask me Shirou’s powers are not really an issue. No matter how you try to address it you basically have to assume he gains superpowers he didn’t have at the start of the series because… it would be a rather short story otherwise. And is not me trying to say Shirou is bad, the story itself does it and then just forgets about it, gives him superpowers and kicks him in to the shonen action stuff he needs to do. Just saying, that is not something they need or will suffer over.
Old 2014-06-15, 05:55   Link #633
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
If you ask me Shirou’s powers are not really an issue. No matter how you try to address it you basically have to assume he gains superpowers he didn’t have at the start of the series because… it would be a rather short story otherwise. And is not me trying to say Shirou is bad, the story itself does it and then just forgets about it, gives him superpowers and kicks him in to the shonen action stuff he needs to do. Just saying, that is not something they need or will suffer over.
Spoiler for Visual Novel:

Last edited by GreyZone; 2014-06-15 at 06:47. Reason: I didn't notice because people threw spoilers around everywhere
Old 2014-06-15, 06:31   Link #634
Lorhand

^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
MOD NOTE: This is a speculation/spoiler thread for the new anime. Please use spoiler tags when discussing game route content.
Spoiler for Shirou's power:

Edit:

Yep, forgot that. Thanks for the reminder, GDB.
v

Last edited by Lorhand; 2014-06-15 at 11:32.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 09:25   Link #635
GDB

Don't forget the jewel that Rin has him swallow in the Fate route in order to focus more easily.
Old 2014-06-15, 10:04   Link #636
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
No one sparing a thought for True Assassin? Lancer at least got screen time. I don't think I ever saw True Assassin appearing in anime.

... maybe we need to fight for a happy ending for True Assassin LOL. Anyone with good ideas?
He appears in Fate/Zero. He is the first servant of
Spoiler for Fate/Zero:

I think it is quite ironic that in Heaven's Feel
Spoiler for Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel:
Old 2014-06-15, 10:13   Link #637
Shyni

Pretty sure Hassan (True Assassin) and Zero's Hassan are different people, which is why they had different abilities.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin (note:TM Wiki might have other spoilers)

Basically the explanation is that they were different people, but they took the name Hassan when they become the leader of the Assassin group.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 10:16   Link #638
GDB

Yeah, they're different Hassans. If I recall, there are 19 different Hassans that can be summoned to the Assassin class. We've seen two of them through Fate/Zero and Heaven's Feel.
Old 2014-06-15, 12:14   Link #639
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I see. So I guess every Hassan's goal is to be become "the true Hassan"?

I try to summarize the information that we have about the new anime (if I got something wrong or something is missing, please say so):

There will be "original content" (not to be mixed up with the mistranslation that there will be an "original route") by Nasu
-> more context, but nothing conclusive

Marketed as sequel of F/0 VS Nasu's statement about both works "being from different authors"
-> Will probably still be somehow connected to F/0, but most likely with another focus

Shirou will be made into a proper main character
-> Could mean that this is Fate with better Shirou, but could also mean that it is UBW since that is "his" route and HF is not excluded either, it could even refer to it being Mind of Steel (with A LOT of new scenes)
--> Nothing conclusive as this can be interpreted in many ways

All heroines (Saber, Rin, Sakura, not sure about Illya) will get proper closure (not sure if this wasn't just the statement of "Everyone will be satisfied")
-> It cannot merely be "a 100% faithful adaption of 1 route + a few original scenes".

Marketing is trying to troll fans by only showing common route scenes and contradicting things from all 3 routes (Command Spell in church, Greater Grail, etc.)
-> Nothing conclusive, it's just their strategy to build hype without revealing what the anime is about

Last edited by GreyZone; 2014-06-15 at 13:00.
Old 2014-06-15, 12:18   Link #640
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Shirou will be made into a proper main character
-> Could mean that this is Fate with better Shirou, but could also mean that it is UBW since that is "his" route and HF is not excluded either, it even refer to it being Mind of Steel (with A LOT of new scenes)
--> Nothing conclusive as this can be interpreted in many ways
Proper just means compared to the DEEN adaptation where he was just this blob of nothing. They're making it so you can understand him and connect with him, as opposed to just being along for the ride.

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable