AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 281 74.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 17.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.27%
Voters: 377. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-04, 10:34   Link #161
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh i get it...this is a fairy tale where suzumiya is the princess and kyon is the prince whos kiss makes everything better *chuckle*
indeed a great ending...definatly made me laugh when he sed : ponytails turn me on XD to me kyon is really perverted *glare* he keeps looking at mikaru with dirty eyes...sick mind i say
hmm kitty ears...nurse outfit...or a queen? hold on a second! O.o i can just see his mind running through mikuru in those costumes haha!
and seen as its the last its a 10/10 for sure...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-04, 10:37   Link #162
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.D. Geist
Objection!

Very first episode. Kyons first monologe...

So maybe his attitude changed, or (due to Haruhi) he reenjoyed his earlier childish ideas, causing him to "demature" again

edit or in other words :
Haruhi opened his heart
Kyon did not change at all, he simply holds two views that may seem contradictory. I feel that the novel gave a clearer picture.

Spoiler for novel reference:

Kyon and Haruhi are actually more similar than different. Both fantasize about experiencing the supernatural but are bound by rational beliefs that there is no space for these in reality.

The real difference between the two is that Haruhi is not willing to sit and wait for the supernatural to happen, but she actively searches for them (as confessed by Haruhi in episode13). This would account for the strange things Taniguchi said Haruhi did in middle school during episode2.

Through Haruhi's actions, Kyon is able to live out his private dreams.
Old 2006-07-04, 10:40   Link #163
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.D. Geist
Objection!

Very first episode. Kyons first monologe...

So maybe his attitude changed, or (due to Haruhi) he reenjoyed his earlier childish ideas, causing him to "demature" again

edit or in other words :
Haruhi opened his heart
Yep. I was watching the RAW again and anyone notice how Kyon was smiling like he was having the time of his life as he ran with Haruhi into the field, away from the Celestials?

Queen -> Dominatrix? Oh no... no.. the mental image..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniOta
Spoiler:
LOL. Good one..
Old 2006-07-04, 11:04   Link #164
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniOta
Spoiler:
haha that must have been where she got the idea from XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-04, 11:19   Link #165
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
I don't know if someone said this already but.... his expression when he wakes up is gold XD
Old 2006-07-04, 11:43   Link #166
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
a 10 all the way Kyon is the man and seems like hes gotten things together and found out exactly how he feels about Haruhi plus the Poneytails turn me on line was so funny and the look in Haruhi's eye when hes getting ready to kiss her was classic since Nagato had mentioned sleeping beauty before. Over very happy with the ending Haruni and Kyon make a nice couple even if nothing is really said about it at the end they are more alike that diffrent. Too bad its over what the HELL am i gonna watch now
Old 2006-07-04, 11:54   Link #167
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Great great great ending. 10 without any hesitation. I loved the overall Mononoke influences. I loved the music and Itsuki's speech, Yuki's chat without any voices (Kyon isn't reading, that's so cool. Usually, there's always someone reading, isn't it?).

I can't wait for what's coming next. What? The end, you say????
Old 2006-07-04, 11:58   Link #168
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
that'd better be a 2nd season...
otherwise...
Heads will roll! -trademarked by Haruhi-
Old 2006-07-04, 12:04   Link #169
Kisuke06
I see...

I finaly watched it. Great ending, desevers 10 without hesitation. But so sad, it's over. But it was a very, very good anime.

I do hope that will be a second season.
Old 2006-07-04, 13:05   Link #170
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I'll give this a 10 also. It was great. It was a nice ending. I liked it when they kissed.
I too hope they make a 2nd season. It'd be a great shame not too.
Old 2006-07-04, 13:16   Link #171
SGSeries2

Excellent episode, as always. Here's for a second season!!!

I'm considering the notion that there really isn't any real chronological order, if not Haruhi's (or some slight variation thereof). After watching the episode and considering a rendition of Haruhi's order, the question has been burning -

Spoiler for Haruhi:
(I guess it makes sense in Kyon's order, though...)

She didn't have to have it in every episode, mind you, but at least an episode or two wouldn't 've hurt her any. It certainly wouldn't 've hurt Kyon's feelings.

*sniff* I liked the ponytail.
Old 2006-07-04, 13:22   Link #172
None

In case anyone is interested, here is a link with the text for Mahler's symphony no. 8, played during the "incident".
http://facstaff.uww.edu/allsenj/MSO/...Apr05.text.htm

I'm not sure the text actually relates in any way to the scene, but it still is interesting to note that the title of Part I (the one used) can be translated as "Come, spirit of creation"..

also thanks to a.f.k. for the incredibly speedy translation (specially of this last episode) and for everyone in the forum for providing with such food for thought..

p.d. is "specially" written correctly? it looks kind of weird to me..
Old 2006-07-04, 13:33   Link #173
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by None
also thanks to a.f.k. for the incredibly speedy translation (specially of this last episode) and for everyone in the forum for providing with such food for thought..
I second that.

Thanks to fansub groups such as A.F.K. for providing japanese-illiterates like myself the privilege of enjoying such shows.

Thanks again to A.F.K. for their clockwork delivery.

Thanks to the fellow members of these boards to point out the various facts and intricacies in these shows. Many of the finer details would have been lost to me had I not read about them.
Old 2006-07-04, 13:53   Link #174
Ardee

Koizumi's comments about the impending end of the world sort of apply in a funny "meta" way to the show itself if you replace Haruhi with KyoAni - after 14 episodes, the show has come to a potential apocalypse, and he and the other characters will never know if the studio decides to move on to making a new world next; they'll just cease to be. Of course, the studio could decide that their old world is worth continued life (and Koizumi hopes they do, which is itself a free-will paradox for the KyoAni team having him voice these thoughts! )

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2006-07-04, 14:02   Link #175
raphaël
trainee archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardee
Koizumi's comments about the impending end of the world sort of apply in a funny "meta" way to the show itself if you replace Haruhi with KyoAni - after 14 episodes, the show has come to a potential apocalypse, and he and the other characters will never know if the studio decides to move on to making a new world next; they'll just cease to be. Of course, the studio could decide that their old world is worth continued life (and Koizumi hopes they do, which is itself a free-will paradox for the KyoAni team having him voice these thoughts! )
This is rich. I guess I don't think enough when I watch anime. Thanks for pointing this out.

And yeah, thanks to afk again and again. (Ahem, there's a thread for that but. )
Old 2006-07-04, 14:34   Link #176
Major Kerina

Send a message via AIM to Major Kerina Send a message via MSN to Major Kerina
Omg! @_@ Wow.....I was always kinda iffy on Yuki using the mouse like that. Now it makes perfect sense. She wanted Kyon to do that to her. Or just figured it was how you use a mouse but since she was looking at him I'm beginning to think it was a bit of a flirt ^_^
Old 2006-07-04, 14:50   Link #177
raphaël
trainee archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kerina
Omg! @_@ Wow.....I was always kinda iffy on Yuki using the mouse like that. Now it makes perfect sense. She wanted Kyon to do that to her. Or just figured it was how you use a mouse but since she was looking at him I'm beginning to think it was a bit of a flirt ^_^

Are you sure about that? I mean she may have feelings for Kyon, but I guess she needs more time to realize it. Her last line is more like a, I don't know, instinctive way of expressing herself. Remember, she knows Kyon's special. I just couldn't say she realized she loves him, yet...
Old 2006-07-04, 14:56   Link #178
Major Kerina

Send a message via AIM to Major Kerina Send a message via MSN to Major Kerina
Think of it like...Yuki sees Kyon and Mikuru squishing against each other. Intruiging interaction. She hasn't experienced it before. It seems to involve the usage of a mouse. Yuki comes into possession of a mouse. Recalls that experience. Hmm...maybe Kyon will press into me from behind...she might ponder. So she waves it around in the same way she saw. Less of a come on than, maybe that looked fun. After all, that episode was about Yuki doing things she found enjoyable that weren't necessary to her normal functioning. Here are the seeds of those later/earlier Yuki traits.
Old 2006-07-04, 14:59   Link #179
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, just to remind people that chronologically this is NOT the ending episode, and, judging from the rest of the episodes after that one, Kyon probably sees Haruhi as he saw her in the beginning of the series.

On the other hand, Kyon makes a remark about Mikuru in almost every episode. So, unless Haruhi cheats as a god and pulls a miracle (or the armageddon), or something drastically changes, it's KyonxMikuru all the way Bwahahahaha! (oh, the folder was hidden, too )

Imouto's appearance was wonderful as always. Oh well, thank God I have other anime to keep me occupied, and Honey & Clover II has started. But animation-wise, I'm spoiled. Now everything seems crude compared to Haruhi

Edit: ^Didn't think of that... Tsk tsk, Yuki is cunning
Old 2006-07-04, 15:42   Link #180
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël

Are you sure about that? I mean she may have feelings for Kyon, but I guess she needs more time to realize it. Her last line is more like a, I don't know, instinctive way of expressing herself. Remember, she knows Kyon's special. I just couldn't say she realized she loves him, yet...
I wonder how she "realizes" stuff. I mean, she's a data entity. At the very least I'd expect her to run a self-analysis process every now and then