AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-04-26, 07:56   Link #561
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Anyway, I thought Yuuno's VA did rather 'okay' for a young male adult at the end of A's, so I didn't find it strange if they never change her. Though it's suspicious how they got Chrono the leet-est male VA in the industry... Hmm...
I'd say Takehito Koyasu is 100 times more l33t than Sugita (Sugita's up there with Daisuke, Hoshi, Hikaru, Ishida, but that's all I'll give him so far. ), but seiyuus are all about personal preference, so I kid.

The talks on Yuuno's non-damage extensive combat worth is interesting in the sense of his growth. I'm sure in those 10 years, he's improved on FLOAT-ing magic and experience, and possibly even l33t-ness in making books float around. He's probably even able to summon flying books now. But what about his overall capabilities? We know Nanoha and co. pretty much added around 2 to 3 ranks in their capabilities, and Rein managed A+ in 8 years, while the Knights...seem STATIC. For all we know, maybe he's improved himself to Shamal's level or more in those 10 years, but at the same time, it seemed doubtful considering his choice of a career.

Maybe he should've opted for as beginner's flight trainer. Before you can train with the best, you need to pass the one who trained the best! :P

As for Elio/Caro... I'm still going to say the Elo-jii card until I hear how exactly Caro's going to address Fate. :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 08:05   Link #562
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoilers...

Spoiler for A's to Strikers:

Or maybe Yuuno's too awesome to need a VA change
Yeah I heard it happened but OMG! That is horrid!

*Flexes meddie muscles*

Spoiler for Diagnosis of Nanoha's Injuries:
Old 2007-04-26, 08:15   Link #563
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
i'm also curious on how Chrono will start to appear in StrikerS...
Quote:
If it were up to me, I'll have him flown down from the sky, bringing along with him an avalanche, or a blizzard, or a hailstorm to rain hell on the drones.
Since he always appear in a similar sequence for the past 2 seasons.This time i would prefer him appear carrying and bottle feeding his kids (no idea about their age) on a scene when Fate got back home

On Yuuno ability, there might be a chance his magic capability could be much higher even surpassing our Aces in some aspect.He is surrounded by tons of information anyway which some of them could contain powerful spell either for combat or support.But then again he is lacking in offensive talent ><
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 08:26   Link #564
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Why are people expecting Chrono to be using Durandul? S2U is his personal weapon. Was it ever confirmed that he replaced S2U permanently? I hope not... S2U has cooler attacks than Durandul.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-26, 08:34   Link #565
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

^ That would be a result of the A's manga... in the epilogue chapter (the mock battle), Chrono is wielding Durandal. Unless we can make a very good explanation of why Chrono is wielding a supposed superweapon in a traning battle, it's safe to say that Durandal is now Chrono's personal device.

I don't it should be difficult for Chrono to replicate his S2U attacks with Durandal, as I understand it Devices are just magic channelers, and while devices do have their preferential attack elements and styles, the spells themselves are created by the mages.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 08:48   Link #566
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
^ That would be a result of the A's manga... in the epilogue chapter (the mock battle), Chrono is wielding Durandal. Unless we can make a very good explanation of why Chrono is wielding a supposed superweapon in a traning battle, it's safe to say that Durandal is now Chrono's personal device.

I don't it should be difficult for Chrono to replicate his S2U attacks with Durandal, as I understand it Devices are just magic channelers, and while devices do have their preferential attack elements and styles, the spells themselves are created by the mages.
Man... so he got a weapon, the ONLY weapon, that was deemed capable of sealing the "Tome of the Night Sky" free of charge, no questions asked? Whoever said it before was right. Chrono is getting everything.

Still, I don't want him to use "Frost Attacks". His precision spells are so much cooler, especially his "Stinger Blade Execution Shift". It would be a loss if he lost all of his S2U-attacks.

Hmm...
Old 2007-04-26, 08:55   Link #567
raidou
Confused person

S2U cant talk that's why ...Wont be cool for An admiral dude to use it, plus Durandal the only device that say "Okay boss!!"
Quote:
Still, I don't want him to use "Frost Attacks". His precision spells are so much cooler, especially his "Stinger Blade Execution Shift". It would be a loss if he lost all of his S2U-attacks.
"shrug" who know , he might still be able to use the same spells in addition to frost based Durandal.Isn't S2U supposedly standard device that is pretty common?(might be wrong , i read this somewhere)

Durandal definitely would be more suited to Chrono and his perverted scheme
Old 2007-04-26, 09:16   Link #568
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
S2U cant talk that's why ...Wont be cool for An admiral dude to use it, plus Durandal the only device that say "Okay boss!!" ~
*raises eyebrow*

S2U can talk, and she has been talking since the first season.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-26, 09:20   Link #569
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I wouldn't worry. For one, after everything we've seen so far from StrikerS, we know that mages can at least share certain spell commands, as shown when Nanoha used Snipe Shot on Subaru and Teana; the same spell command Chrono used with Stinger Snipe. And of course there's Subaru's Divine Buster, which despite lacking in range and power compared to the original, can be considered the same spell as Nanoha's. So it's not the device, it's the mage. I'm quite sure Chrono can perform Stinger Blade Genocide Shift with Durandal if he wants to

@ raidou: S2U can talk, which is why we know the names of most of Chrono's spells (since Chrono doesn't seem to like attack calling, except with Stinger Blade ^^;; )

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-26, 09:23   Link #570
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

As for Elio/Caro... I'm still going to say the Elo-jii card until I hear how exactly Caro's going to address Fate. :P
Oh~ It's on ...!

Quote:
Since he always appear in a similar sequence for the past 2 seasons.This time i would prefer him appear carrying and bottle feeding his kids (no idea about their age) on a scene when Fate got back home
If they're older than 4 years, I'm doing the boogie dance.

Anyway, I hope it's an ascending process, in season 1 the first time we saw him in action, he single-handedly stopped both Fate and Nanoha effortlessly.

In season 2, he used his strongest move as his introduction to the knights

Quote:
On Yuuno ability, there might be a chance his magic capability could be much higher even surpassing our Aces in some aspect.He is surrounded by tons of information anyway which some of them could contain powerful spell either for combat or support.But then again he is lacking in offensive talent ><
Nah, the writers have little to no love for Yuuno... They used him and threw him away!

And if there's any love, it's 'Tough Love'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Man... so he got a weapon, the ONLY weapon, that was deemed capable of sealing the "Tome of the Night Sky" free of charge, no questions asked? Whoever said it before was right. Chrono is getting everything.
Just like Hayate, he has the right connections

Actually, I think its a bribe from Graham to keep him out of prison

Quote:

Hmm...
Agree, "Stinger Blade Execution Shift" has the slickest name imo.

But I'm pretty sure he's still able to use his 'normal' magic moves as well as frost ones...

Quote:
S2U cant talk that's why ...Wont be cool for An admiral dude to use it, plus Durandal the only device that say "Okay boss!!"
Technically, S2U does name it's attacks ...

But Durandal's more... 'manlier'

Quote:
I'm quite sure Chrono can perform Stinger Blade Genocide Shift with Durandal if he wants to
What's one up from 'Execution' ?

"Eradication"

But Chrono's not one for big flashy moves , so I'll settle for "Assassination".

Quote:
@ raidou: S2U can talk, which is why we know the names of most of Chrono's spells (since Chrono doesn't seem to like attack calling, except with Stinger Blade ^^;; )
I don't blame him

His 'Stinger' attacks sounds/looks cool Matches his character.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 09:31   Link #571
Skane
Anime Snark

Doesn't roll so well on the tongue when you try to say out the whole spell. I would go with-

Stinger Blade Extermination Shift

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-26, 09:35   Link #572
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
D-Don't the forum rules forbid "cruel and unusual punishment"?

Quote:
Anyway, I hope it's an ascending process, in season 1 the first time we saw him in action, he single-handedly stopped both Fate and Nanoha effortlessly.

And in the 2nd chapter of the A's manga, he schooled Fate during her mage ranking test.

Quote:
Nah, the writers have little to no love for Yuuno... They used him and threw him away!

And if there's any love, it's 'Tough Love'.
Ah, a devotee of the Takamachi Nanoha School of Frendship...

Quote:
What's one up from 'Execution' ?

"Eradication"

But Chrono's not one for big flashy moves , so I'll settle for "Assassination".
"Obliteration"? "Annihilation"? "Used-To-Be-A-Nation"?

"FRIENDSHIP"?!?
Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 09:43   Link #573
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Doesn't roll so well on the tongue when you try to say out the whole spell. I would go with-

Cheers.
"Extermination" was my first choice, but then I figure "Eradication" has a nice ring to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
D-Don't the forum rules forbid "cruel and unusual punishment"?
Only if you're physically hurt I guess...

... No such thing as insurance for your mental state... Right?

Quote:
And in the 2nd chapter of the A's manga, he schooled Fate during her mage ranking test.
I'm wondering whether he did it on purpose

I'm sure Fate doesn't mind losing to a big, flashy and impressive 'cannon' spell (), but to a simple bind?

Quote:
"Obliteration"? "Annihilation"? "Used-To-Be-A-Nation"?

"FRIENDSHIP"?!?
Nah, need something slick
Old 2007-04-26, 09:44   Link #574
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Cheers.
I've always preferred Stinger Blade Armageddon Shift, but that's just me.

In fact, the only "shifts" we know, from order of magnitude, are Clone Shift, Phalanx Shift, Execution Shift, and Genocide Shift (last one being Reinforce's version for Photon Lancer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
I'm sure Fate doesn't mind losing to a big, flashy and impressive 'cannon' spell (), but to a simple bind?
It's Chrono, I'm sure she wouldn't really mind all that... much

Old 2007-04-26, 09:46   Link #575
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I've always preferred Stinger Blade Armageddon Shift, but that's just me.

In fact, the only "shifts" we know, from order of magnitude, are Clone Shift, Phalanx Shift, Execution Shift, and Genocide Shift (last one being Reinforce's version for Photon Lancer).
Pace yourself man

One destructive level at a time... Still a long way to go before world destruction...
Old 2007-04-26, 09:50   Link #576
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
"Extermination" was my first choice, but then I figure "Eradication" has a nice ring to it
*shifty-eyes*

Chrono's Secret Weapons...
Spoiler:

I swear I get stranger the more time I spend on the Nanoha forums...

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-26, 09:53   Link #577
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
*shifty-eyes*

Chrono's Secret Weapons...
Spoiler:

I swear I get stranger the more time I spend on the Nanoha forums...

Cheers.
Damn, Meophist's gonna pin this one on me...

... I can feel his eyes...
Old 2007-04-26, 09:59   Link #578
raidou
Confused person

ahh okay sorry, forgot about that thanks...I keep thinking that Chrono is the one who shouted out all the spell name still it looks ugly though compared to durandal
Old 2007-04-26, 10:11   Link #579
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
ahh okay sorry, forgot about that thanks...I keep thinking that Chrono is the one who shouted out all the spell name still it looks ugly though compared to durandal
Well, it is the standard issue.

Durandal's the "blue" amongs their "whites"

Old 2007-04-26, 10:27   Link #580
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Well, it is the standard issue.

Durandal's the "blue" amongs their "whites"

yeah i just prefer more colorful devices to go with the 'mahou shojo' themes since Chrono costume already all black

Quote:

Quote:

Ehh this might suck though, remind me of those character from other anime who only came out to do their cool/flashy attack then it is ineffective and get knocked out a sec later