AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-12, 03:15   Link #301
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
As much as we speculate about who ends up with who.. there's no sure bets.. in Macross 7, Basara+Mylene is not a sure bet.

Heck, even Max and Miria ended up in divorce so anything could happen..

I think Alto eventually will end up with Ranka, she needs him more than Sheryl does.

Eventually Ranka will get popular and possibly give Sheryl some competition, she will miss Alto more and eventually the two will get together.

Sheryl seems to like her work more seriously and Altoh would just end up being her slave.

I'm pretty sure Ozama Lee would approve if Alto takes Ranka.

Maybe the end of Macross F, Sheryl would be by herself, she still has a long way to go before settling down with someone.
It's not about who NEEDS alto more, its alto's decison.

If you watched the original, imo minmei needed hikaru more but doesnt change the fact that he ended up with misa and not minmei.

and even if it's about NEEDING and i can see sheryl needing alto more by the end of the series
Old 2008-06-12, 04:20   Link #302
herbert

How comes can Ranka need Alto more than Sheryl does? Ranka needs a supportive friend, she can always have Nanase and marry her (California allows same sex marriage, doesn't it?), even if she wants a boy, I don't think it's really a problem. On the other hand, Sheryl needs someone doesn't treat her as Galaxy Fairy or Miss Perfect. Can you get one for her other than Alto?
Old 2008-06-12, 04:23   Link #303
Wesley84

Nobody needs Alto, and even someone wanting him is up in the air at the moment.
Old 2008-06-12, 07:33   Link #304
Westlo
Lets be reality

You did watch episode 10 didn't you? Ranka cleared up her feelings for Alto in that episode... I expect Sheryl to follow suit after Ranka makes her move.
Old 2008-06-12, 14:04   Link #305
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
It's not about who NEEDS alto more, its alto's decison.

If you watched the original, imo minmei needed hikaru more but doesnt change the fact that he ended up with misa and not minmei.

and even if it's about NEEDING and i can see sheryl needing alto more by the end of the series
There's also the under-dog effect, if you look at Minmei vs Misa, Misa was the under-dog in the contest and Hikaru picked her because they have more in common.

If you look at all the little tidbits, obviously Sheryl is aware of Ranka's feelings towards Altoh and she's feeling competition..

But the body language suggests Altoh cares more about Ranka. Plus the fact that Altoh is powerless to Sheryl's confidence.

If you suggest a Sheryl + Altoh scenerio then why bother creating Ranka's character. Nobody can match Sheryl, Altoh is definitely not mesmerized by Sheryl's beauty or stardom.
Old 2008-06-12, 14:09   Link #306
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
How comes can Ranka need Alto more than Sheryl does? Ranka needs a supportive friend, she can always have Nanase and marry her (California allows same sex marriage, doesn't it?), even if she wants a boy, I don't think it's really a problem. On the other hand, Sheryl needs someone doesn't treat her as Galaxy Fairy or Miss Perfect. Can you get one for her other than Alto?
Ranka even admitted she always needed Altoh to save her. She's already thrown her arms around him, practically in Eps 10.

Ranka needs both, she sees Altoh as both a friend and more intimately someone she can fall in love the 1st time. Typical Anime innocent love scenerio, would suck if Altoh doesn't end up with her, we'll end up with a broken heart situation, pretty sure most fans would not accept Altoh + Sheryl and leave Ranka stranded.
Old 2008-06-12, 14:17   Link #307
nines
I much prefer the 2d

One thing your forgetting about, Brera he obviously feels something for Ranka correct? other wise he wouldnt always be around her. If Alto x Sheryl happens she wont be stranded Brera and Ranka are pretty much the same they're survivors of the Vajra attacks they sing the song Aimo and she has a feeling from him two when she sees him in episode 5 I think. Ranka does need someone to save her ( In this case Alto keeps saving her because he happens to be around her and shes a magnet for the Vajra / danger ) Ranka is mentally unstable of course she needs some one to be around her which is her big brother hes kept her safe for a long ass time then when she found about about his job she freaked and Alto learned everything about Ranka thus making him feel like he has to help her ( he feels sorry for her ). While the deal with Sheryl because he acts normally with her he either has no feelings or hes pushed past his feelings so he can be normal with her. They've already kissed two times both Sheryls doing but Alto seems like he liked it. Alto has to feel something for Sheryl other wise he wouldn't be putting up with her she's a damn handful and he still stays by her even if he isn't ordered to be with her. PLUS your saying about how most people wont like Alto x Sheryl is stupid from all the forums ive looked at and sites from my calculations it seems like over 60% wants Alto x Sheryl over Alto x Ranka
Old 2008-06-12, 16:31   Link #308
Pathis87

i've seen to many series where the loli wins it's time for a change tbh

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Old 2008-06-12, 18:50   Link #309
BleachOD
Banned

Personally I like both of em. I just prefer Alto and Ranka. Sheryl definitely is a STRONG contender. I just don't believe she'll win. Right now it's to early for me to say...
Old 2008-06-12, 20:41   Link #310
4Tran

Moved Macross 7 discussion to the Macross 7 thread.
Old 2008-06-12, 22:10   Link #311
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I actually think Brera is related to Ranka somehow, so they can't be an item. I think it's more likely that Brera x Sheryl would happen instead, and the main couple remains Alto x Ranka. That's what I'm predicting, and if it comes true, well, I called it first.

IMHO, Alto cares about Ranka more than Sheryl (he joined SMS/military partly out of the desire to protect her), and Sheryl the Tsundere-sama is interest in Alto more because he doesn't worship her at her feet like everyone else. Some other cool dude, perhaps Brera, would be the one who knock the dere dere out of her, methinks.

So who here think that the concert footage of Sheryl is a tribute to the REAL Uta-Hime, Nakamori Akina? Yes I'm old since I've been a fan of Akina-sama since the 80's, and I think some of Sheryl's moves are very similar to hers, like when she lift her arm and cover her face before or during "Infinity". These animators grew up watching Akina at her hay-days, so it's possible that if they were to think of a singer with the most stage presence, they would use Akina-sama as the model. Remember, the original Macross series was from the SAME time period.

Here's some of her videos. You might find them a bit cheezy, but remember these songs are from the mid-80's. Back then no one was hotter than Akina-sama. I'm not saying they're the same, the stage-presence was very similar:

Spoiler for Videos:
Old 2008-06-12, 22:17   Link #312
nines
I much prefer the 2d

It could be possible that her moves are those but them seem to fit Sheryls personality when shes on the stage or she does them by her hallographic look, That or they they just just look good and they decided to use that style for her songs
Old 2008-06-12, 22:25   Link #313
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
So who here think that the concert footage of Sheryl is a tribute to the REAL Uta-Hime, Nakamori Akina? Yes I'm old since I've been a fan of Akina-sama since the 80's, and I think some of Sheryl's moves are very similar to hers, like when she lift her arm and cover her face before or during "Infinity". These animators grew up watching Akina at her hay-days, so it's possible that if they were to think of a singer with the most stage presence, they would use Akina-sama as the model. Remember, the original Macross series was from the SAME time period.
I remember her!

I was still in Japan during the 80s, and boy, it was the heyday of Japanese economy where the entire friggin country got all prideful and arrogant. But, good thing, lots of lavish programs on TV, including the videos you posted. Things that were just 'WOW' at the time.

Of course, the 80s heyday also included the original MACROSS and other goodies

- Tak
Old 2008-06-13, 00:14   Link #314
herbert

Quote:
Ranka even admitted she always needed Altoh to save her. She's already thrown her arms around him, practically in Eps 10.

Ranka needs both, she sees Altoh as both a friend and more intimately someone she can fall in love the 1st time. Typical Anime innocent love scenerio, would suck if Altoh doesn't end up with her, we'll end up with a broken heart situation, pretty sure most fans would not accept Altoh + Sheryl and leave Ranka stranded.
Don't rephrase Ranka's words to fit your needs. Ranka just says Alto is always there to save her, and she says this only because she doesn't remember Brera is the one save her this time.

Quote:
When can we stop getting this typical anime talk shit? You may leave now, I'm sorry to say it, but Macross sucks in general by your Typical Anime standard. Never seen a loli wins a triangle in Macross (maybe you can count Mylene Flare Jenius as exception but that's a weird 'win'). If history really tells, Alto is fated to be a slave not a protector of innocence.

Quote:
If you look at all the little tidbits, obviously Sheryl is aware of Ranka's feelings towards Altoh and she's feeling competition..

But the body language suggests Altoh cares more about Ranka. Plus the fact that Altoh is powerless to Sheryl's confidence.

If you suggest a Sheryl + Altoh scenerio then why bother creating Ranka's character. Nobody can match Sheryl, Altoh is definitely not mesmerized by Sheryl's beauty or stardom.
If you look at all the little tidbits, obviously Ranka is aware of Sheryl's feelings towards Alto and she's feeling competition...

But the facial language suggests Alto cares more about Sheryl. Plus the fact that Ranka is useless to Alto. The result is that Ranka needs Alto, but Alto doesn't need Ranka.

If you suggest a Ranka + Alto scenerio then why bother creating Sheryl's character with those Ranka is more important to plot screamings?

Also, Sheryl never trys to win Alto through her fame and beauty. Sheryl starts to like Alto only when she realize Alto doesn't give a damn about these. You can see Alto dislikes Sheryl at beginning, and does he still dislike her now? If he doesn't, is that because her fame or beauty or something else?
Quote:
There's also the under-dog effect, if you look at Minmei vs Misa, Misa was the under-dog in the contest and Hikaru picked her because they have more in common.
Sorry, I'm normally a lolicon and have underdog complex but Sheryl simply beats anything.

Last edited by herbert; 2008-06-13 at 00:34.
Old 2008-06-13, 00:21   Link #315
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Don't rephrase Ranka's words to fit your needs. Ranka just says Alto is always there to save her, and she says this only because she doesn't remember Brera is the one save her this time.

When can we stop getting this typical anime talk shit? You may leave now, I'm sorry to say it, but Macross sucks in general by your Typical Anime standard. Never seen a loli wins a triangle in Macross (maybe you can count Mylene Flare Jenius as exception but that's a weird 'win'). If history really tells, Alto is fated to be a slave not a protector of innocence.
sigh.. dont bother herbert.. you're just wasting your time convincing people and just wait till the end
Old 2008-06-13, 02:52   Link #316
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:

Considering Sheryl's popularity and the massive amount of people who would love to see an unconventional love interest win for fucking once I really don't think that's a problem. You know it would also be great if the typical love interest can resolve her issues through character growth instead of being paired with the main character.

Ranka is also much easier to give a better losers ending to than Sheryl Nome by far, I don't think this is even debatable considering where both started the series at. You really think the millions.... AND MILLIONS of Sheryl fans (and neutral viewers) would be happy if we go from Galactic Fairy to Galactic Fairy with two good friends she'll hardly see since shes touring all over the galaxy. Heck even Minmei got to be together with her two good/only friends as they left on the Megaroad.... Sheryl won't even get a ending as good as that if she loses...
Old 2008-06-13, 04:04   Link #317
Wesley84

My hope for Sheryl's character developement is to learn to not treat people like crap. Realise she's a horrible bitch and rather than revel in it as she currently does, she mends her ways, and humbly joins a convent or something. Possibly in Switzerland if she can manage.
Old 2008-06-13, 13:58   Link #318
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Wesley it's not thats shes really a bitch as much as stuck up and smart. In the begining when whe first meet her with Alto she was indead a bitch but now shes made a huge development and we realize why she is the way she is. Tell me if you had milions and milions of people warshiping you at your feet wouldn't some of it go to your head? She acts like a normal famous person now she isn't all I dont want anyone fcking up my show with fancy tricks even though they'll still only be looking at me. Sheryl has the most character development out of everyone by far now she talks normal plays around and is making ALOT of friends. If she manages to loose some of her consided ways she'd be the best friggen gf for anyone. I bet your a Ranka fan but even if you are you should realize how much Sheryl has done for Ranka shes helped her build her way to where she is. Wrong without Sheryl she would probably be NO WHERE!
Old 2008-06-13, 14:06   Link #319
Wesley84

What developement? That she's human enough to be effected by a kiss?

I also don't really approve of how Sheryl's pushed Ranka into the whole singing thing. It's not like it was Ranka's idea to become famous. She just liked singing, but no Sheryl decides on a whim to grant Ranka her support.
Old 2008-06-13, 14:12   Link #320
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Sheryls support was her offering to support and Ranka saying no to it she knew she would say no so she made it on her own. Sheryl is her romodel and her knowing that Sheryl thinks she can make it as a sing was a big push for her to persue becoming a singer, she said she loves singing and wanted to be Sheryl in episode 2 correct? So Sheryl made a way to help her without actually helping her. And you saying Rankas idea wasn't to become famous what do you think Miss Macross makes people? The other winner is already in movies ffs Ranka went there like she said she wants to be Sheryl even just for a day meaning that would be the best thing to even happen to her and if she was Sheryl she would be famous rich and on T.V which is what she is doing now and she hasn't said thank you to Sheryl yet because she dosn't even realize that shes done everything for her.

Once again I apologize if you are not understanding what the fck im saying it sounds right in my head but when I type it, it sends out in a weird ass message xD

Tags
characters