Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-03, 10:50   Link #2801
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Not to mention Broodlings on Brood Lords work even better
queen can broodling snipe that instant kill any major ground threat, brood lords is damage over time setup <.<

Stalker is shit even at full upgrade, they are pure support; while dragoons were like a walking chest high wall that can shelter all other units. Try to do that with stalker and you get steamroll.

MM is shit. Try it in the story mode, see if ground medic can keep your entire attack force alive longer or the MM, you will be surprise.

Last edited by gummybear; 2010-08-03 at 11:03.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 11:14   Link #2802
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
queen can broodling snipe that instant kill any major ground threat, brood lords is damage over time setup <.<
Brood Lords may not be able to kill tanks and other ground units with Broodlings in the same manner that the old queen can, but Brood Lords work better as ranged artillery since even a single Brood Lord can just keep spamming broodlings constantly without energy requirements, wreaking havoc on tank lines and defenses.

Quote:
Stalker is shit even at full upgrade, they are pure support; while dragoons were like a walking chest high wall that can shelter all other units. Try to do that with stalker and you get steamroll.
Stalkers are pure support no doubt. For tanking, that's what Immortals and their hardened shields are for

Quote:
MM is shit. Try it in the story mode, see if ground medic can keep your entire attack force alive longer or the MM, you will be surprise.
It's exactly the effectiveness of the Marine + Medic combo that got it the axe in multiplayer, since Marines + Medics are too effective in combat against the other race's infantry, hence a supposed imbalance given how early you can get Medics in Brood War.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 11:52   Link #2803
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:

Umm no, just no.

Like I said, old queen ability are either broken or useless in the current set up. And Broodling snipe is an ability that is either useful (use on terran mech or stalkers or maybe immortal) or completely useless (can't be use on Collosus, which normally steam rolled Zerg). It's a too extreme ability that is better to be removed.

Tanking role is shift toward Zealots now. 150 hp with a cost of only 100 mineral serve you really good as a meat shield. With Charge upgrade, it could rush in kill many enemy's unit while soaking for damage, which Stalkers can shoot from behind the line.

And MM(M) is a very strong build. It's not as strong as the beginning of the beta now, but it's still very valid build to use. You can harass really well during the beginning, then you could transition in to other build not so difficult. MM is especially good in a small map, since it can help defend if your enemy decide to rush, or rush your enemy to death. Adding medivac even make the build stronger, just watch out for Storm and Fungal Growth.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 12:21   Link #2804
Skane
Anime Snark

Woot. Finally got promoted to Platinium League for 2v2.

Cheers.
Old 2010-08-03, 13:57   Link #2805
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Played campaign for 7 hours straight. Didn't think I'd like it much, but I do actually. Starting to get a hang of the terran hotkeys and microing the units.

Haven't touched multi just yet. Gonna try some AI matches to see how fast I can go. Later on, gimme a shout if anyone wants to pwn me. EU region.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 14:26   Link #2806
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:

Not much of a zerg player so I can't comment on Brood Lords other than they are a pain in the ass to deal with once Zerg gets them. As for the Stalker they're just an incredibly useful unit and even more so once they get blink. I suppose you just suck at blink micro. And MM/M ball is pretty strong against Zerg and just an overall good mix though other composition have taken the spotlight a bit more now.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 15:32   Link #2807
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Actually Queens were almost never used in high level sc1, and even if they were used it was for the ensnare. Broodling's actually a pretty lousy skill; for the hefty cost of 150 energy meant that it took too long to get any use (a 100/100 unit that needs 2 minutes to be of any use as opposed to a defiler that can always consume zerglings); it was always a better idea to go hive tech for the defilers or guardians. Plus Terrans would always get science vessels which meant any queens you had lying around would never reach that much energy before they get instantly irradiated. Protoss antiair is very strong in sc1, and all you have to broodling in zvz are like zerglings.

Oh, and why can't Marauders have stim in the campaign??

Broodlords are simply the superior version of a guardian and outclass both the guardian and old queen.

Stalkers are actually pretty good against roaches. I hate the new zealots; they are so slow and I'd rather have zeal speed than that charge gimmick.

I dislike the medivac.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 15:57   Link #2808
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Quote:

You should get over this and understand that Stalker isn't a Dragoon and it will not come back. Just play with a different style. I think both units are fun in their own way.

Queen Broodling snipe isn't that much used. Esnare was far more useful energy wise. You can use Infestors to get the same effect. If you wanna bitch about Zerg, bitch about the lack of Lurkers or a AOE damage unit.

Medivac is bland, but it works as intended and chance the dynamic of healing compared to the older game and this is good. Overall people want a refreshing feeling from the unit interaction compared to BW.

I would agree if you said that Zerg overall wasn't that much well designed. They feel a little bland in their unit composition. On the other hand, Protoss and Terran are pretty nicely designed overall in this aspect. Maybe Colossus isn't that much a good substitute to Reaver and Mothership is just a fat Arbirter. They are kinda lacking mechanic-wise compared to the older units.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 16:01   Link #2809
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Oh, and why can't Marauders have stim in the campaign??
Because Terrans got medics now...a combo of medics, marines, firebats and marauders would be able to take on all units: you got anti-infantry, anti-armour and concentrated power. Considering how cheap a small army of those is, conquering a base would be child's play.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 16:03   Link #2810
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Because Terrans got medics now...a combo of medics, marines, firebats and marauders would be able to take on all units: you got anti-infantry, anti-armour and concentrated power. Considering how cheap a small army of those is, conquering a base would be child's play.
Maybe it wasn't for balance reason because campaign isn't exactly challenging except on Brutal (and some missions, not all). I think they removed Stim from Marauders to make them look more unique compared to the other infantry units.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 16:12   Link #2811
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
I think the healing vessels or the viking super splash are way more of a game breaker

To me, the lack of stim is just annoying because they all move slower. It wouldn't be hard to stop that kind of thing anyways; the enemy could just have more tanks or air or something. Also, the AI seems to be able to target medics first.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-08-03, 16:14   Link #2812
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think campaign as more of a challenge where you have to outdo yourself in all sorts of puzzle-like conditions, most of the fun in the game comes from there (at least for me). It also gives you more to think about the research upgrades, there's nothing more boring than a pre-set tree for everyone to follow
Speaking of which, how did you guys build yours?
Quote:
To me, the lack of stim is just annoying because they all move slower.
Definitely gotta agree with this one
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 16:18   Link #2813
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Horrificaly. I just researched all the building and infantry upgrades for the achievements. For that I should have just gotten the achievement and loading it back but for what ever reason I rarely load back old saves

Oh yea, don't waste crap on the bunker turrets; it's pretty useless. You're better off just building the perdition ones. In fact, I find those to be more useful than bunkers in every conceivable way (they toast zerglings so badly!) because they don't take supply; and for that reason I also find 6 slot bunkers to suck too because I'd rather have a mobile m+m force rather than wasting all that supply trying to man those bunkers. Not to mention the perditions take up less space so you can cram a ton together. "All in" became a lot more easier when I ditched bunkers for them. No matter how fast I upgraded my infantry weapons, no matter how many tanks and scvs were supporting, the bunkers would collpase and all my guys would die. The perdition fared way better, plus they toast Kerrigan pretty good too.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-08-03, 17:05   Link #2814
Xacual

Best way I found for kerrigan was to have sieges right at the spot she'd target so she'd instant kill one of those as soon as that was done move in my three battlecruisers to yamato her and then move in my ghosts to all snipe her. Snipe isn't effected by armor so it always does max damage was great against her, especially with 20 ghosts. Between Kerrigan attacks my ghosts moved around taking out the nydus worms since there wasn't many detectors and if there were any well 20 ghosts would kill it pretty fast.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 17:11   Link #2815
Who

Quote:
Protoss tech: damage increase/attack speed, Orbital Depots, Automated Refinery, Vessel, Tech Lab Reactor

Zerg tech: Strike, Perdition, Hercules, Cell Reactor, Psi Disruptor

Regarding Kerrigan... I already stated how I went about it, although Ghosts seem interesting to try now.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 17:14   Link #2816
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Auto-Refinery is really cool, not only do you have to not remember about mining gas, saving you up to 6 scvs, if you destroy an enemy base, you can build a refinery and get some extra gas immediately without having to set up a base there. And also random geysers that you may come across.

Particularly useful in the supernova mission, where you have to abandon bases, but your refineries will still be running til they get burned up.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-08-03, 17:58   Link #2817
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yup guys .

So finally i finish the campaign in Hard + Insane ( I did mostly all achievements ) with all challenge (Gold) .

Spoiler for For ending:

now wait for "Heart of the Swarm" campaign but hope that the prize won't be the same . More like an extension's prize or whatever .

I did some multi and some TD maps + Golem Wars , damn it's been a while ! Well , some of them aren't very achieved yet but still cool

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-08-03 at 18:20.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 18:27   Link #2818
Clarste
Human

I find Stalkers to be one of the best units in the game, personally. They're a decent all-around unit that can handle nearly anything with proper support, and Blink pushes them over the edge into "awesome" territory. Maybe my experiences are just skewed by playing in team games. I'm top 10 diamond for 3v3 (or I was until I took a little break) but I haven't even finished my placement matches for 1v1.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 22:30   Link #2819
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I find Stalkers to be one of the best units in the game, personally. They're a decent all-around unit that can handle nearly anything with proper support, and Blink pushes them over the edge into "awesome" territory. Maybe my experiences are just skewed by playing in team games. I'm top 10 diamond for 3v3 (or I was until I took a little break) but I haven't even finished my placement matches for 1v1.
In 1v1, stalker is as good as in team play too. Stalker blink BO is really hard, though not impossible, to defend in my opinion.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 22:57   Link #2820
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Best way I found for kerrigan was to have sieges right at the spot she'd target so she'd instant kill one of those as soon as that was done move in my three battlecruisers to yamato her and then move in my ghosts to all snipe her. Snipe isn't effected by armor so it always does max damage was great against her, especially with 20 ghosts. Between Kerrigan attacks my ghosts moved around taking out the nydus worms since there wasn't many detectors and if there were any well 20 ghosts would kill it pretty fast.
Or you could just spam cheap units at her.

I kept up a force of about 23 banshees going at her and they're easy to replenish down the road.

BTW, what's a good starting strategy for Terrans/Zerg when playing MP or VS AI? I dont' play online a lot but wondering what's a good one to start with before branching into other things like BCs or Brood Lords.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows