Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-09-26, 03:19   Link #741
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
While there is "science" behind most things, not all of us wanna bring it to light, nor even delve into it. Some of us hiss at science (esp neuroscience or physics) the way a cat hisses at water.
Those people better get over that stubborn bias toward "thinking" with the gut, which is to say, not thinking at all. And that's the truth. Admittedly the truths of science are often counterintuitive, each of us is so small and the world so big that it simply doesn't make sense that we are literally using up certain resources, driving species extinct, polluting even the seemingly infinite oceans and modifying the climate. The good news is that over time, actual truth wins out. Sometimes the hard way.

That's not to say instinct is useless or a hinderance. I think the trick is to know when to switch and what situation calls for instinct and which for logic. In sport, namely tennis, players use logic and wits to gain the edge but if all else fails, instinct takes over. On the other hand, in poker, amatuers rely almost purely on intuition, whereas professionals weigh up their odds -- that's why the layman calls it gambling and the pro calls it a day job. However romance is a different playing field altogether. And most scientists know that -- with the exception of those geeky dudes from The Big Bang Theory.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 03:27   Link #742
solomon

erm, I think this has gotten off topic maybe?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 04:41   Link #743
mg1942

I haven't talked to girls since last year. I guess I gotta do that BMW trick again
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 16:53   Link #744
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
I haven't talked to girls since last year. I guess I gotta do that BMW trick again
wow. but are you really ok with the girls catched by BMW?
i don't think that is a good idea to find a girlfriend for you.

i know many girls love expensive cars, even in my country. Having those cars is
a status symbol. Not only girls love rich men and want to show them off to their friends and live a good and wealthy life, but also being attracted to strong men in the world biologically.

But, i don't think that means girls look into the man. Under the situation, girls only look the outside of men, and, what is worse, girls love every those man .

So, if a girl loves a man seriously, the girl look into his inner things and see him as himself. The girl doen't care what car the man rides on and what job he has especially, because he himself is important for her.

i suppose, if you have a girl by BMW, you would be dissapointed.
if you want to have a girl , who can be a soul mate for you, find one you can face as yourself.

Last edited by rio; 2008-09-26 at 20:02.
rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 18:41   Link #745
mg1942

I wasn't seeking and investing on a relationship. I'm too selfish and materialistic for now I'm not ready.

Anyway, BMW (E-46 modded) + Armani apparel experiment did work. It's only good for first time impressions when going on a blind date. There's a high chance that this experiment may work for picking up some girls to do a one-night stand in Pahrump (a town outside Las Vegas/Clark county). Hey now, I live in Las Vegas and I won't go that far.
Old 2008-09-26, 18:55   Link #746
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
erm, I think this has gotten off topic maybe?
I don't think its really gone off topic as most people see "dating" as a way to sex.

And I'm still pretty surprised about mg1942's post about a BMW being a chick magnet. I know a lot of girls are attracted to cars mainly because of how they look and it showing how rich a person can be. But actually going out and experimenting with it makes me interested.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 19:29   Link #747
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
I don't think its really gone off topic as most people see "dating" as a way to sex.

And I'm still pretty surprised about mg1942's post about a BMW being a chick magnet. I know a lot of girls are attracted to cars mainly because of how they look and it showing how rich a person can be. But actually going out and experimenting with it makes me interested.
Just don't expect long term relationship.

I'm spoiled by my uncle's E46. Now i'm thinking about trading in my Honda Accord for some E36, E46, or a Z3/4 BMW. I might even swap OEM engine/transmission with General Motors LS engine/Borg-Warner T-56 transmission if I have some extra cash.

I bet they'll be scared once they hear what you have under the hood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC-5G7hpRYI&fmt=18

Last edited by mg1942; 2008-09-27 at 05:27. Reason: mislableled BMW models
Old 2008-09-27, 03:08   Link #748
xris
Just call me Ojisan

The thread is getting off-topic. It isn't about sex, it isn't about sceince, it isn't even about cars, it is about dating. Please keep on-topic.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 14:40   Link #749
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Sex is also a wonderful way of having fun, you know. And no one can live without some actual, palpable love from time to time

Everyone deserves it! Even you, who seems to think sex isn't necessary. Keep that in mind and perhaps you'll see your attitude towards it change.
Oh no, I'm hardly of the opinion that it isn't worthy of my (or anyone else's) time.

I just think human society has put it on a pedestal, when it is really just a natural process. I still believe it to be a healthy part of a relationship (that relates it to dating, right? ). Yes, it is an emotional experience (I'll leave the pretentious assumptions of my knowledge on the subject aside), but putting it into perspective is all I suggested.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2008-09-30 at 15:19.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 15:12   Link #750
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Oh no, I'm hardly of the opinion that it isn't worthy of my (or anyone else's) time.

I just think human society has put it on a pedestal, when it is really just a natural process. I still believe it to be a healthy part of a relationship (that relates it to dating, right? ). Yes, it is an emotional experience, but putting it into perspective is all I suggested.
If sex is a healthy part of a relationship, then how is it off-topic in a dating thread?
And society puts it on a pedestal at the same time that it puts sex in the gutter..... Why is that? Because it feels really, really good, and can lead to babies.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 16:29   Link #751
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I'm back again

My problem is there this girl i have a huge crush . I had a class with her last year but didn't really talk to her because i was in a relationship and didn't want to wreck it. And on Friday I was talking to one of my friends and she came by so i said "hi" and she said "hey" but then the bell rang and she went to class so i couldn't start a conversation . And today before school started i was going to talk to her then but before I did we had eye contact and she looked away fast so I lost courage and failed to talk to her. Correct me if i'm wrong but don't girls who have crushes on you do that ?

P.S. My brother told me he sent her a poem over myspace .. idk know if he is lying or not but i hope that didn't destroy my chances ?
P.S. 2 Tips would be greatly appropriated

Last edited by King Lycan; 2008-09-30 at 17:53. Reason: Add some things
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:43   Link #752
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
If sex is a healthy part of a relationship, then how is it off-topic in a dating thread?
It depends on your views. Some people see it as something that comes after dating; others see it as a normal part of the dating process. The moderators might see it as off-topic because it raises the rating of this thread from "PG-13" to "R" if you're up on American movie standards. Given that we have 13-year-olds discussing their issues here as well, the concerns are understandable. If anyone's really up on sex discussions we could always try to create a separate topic for it, but I'd imagine that we might need to run it by the moderators first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
My problem is there this girl i have a huge crush . I had a class with her last year but didn't really talk to her because i was in a relationship and didn't want to wreck it. And on Friday I was talking to one of my friends and she came by so i said "hi" and she said "hey" but then the bell rang and she went to class so i couldn't start a conversation . And today before school started i was going to talk to her then but before I did we had eye contact and she looked away fast so I lost courage and failed to talk to her. Correct me if i'm wrong but don't girls who have crushes on you do that ?

P.S. My brother told me he sent her a poem over myspace .. idk know if he is lying or not but i hope that didn't destroy my chances ?
P.S. 2 Tips would be greatly appropriated
None of what you said is really conclusive, purely because it depends on the girl. Are you interested in her for who she is, or just because you think she likes you? If you're interested, then make your moves. Burger King says it best: Have It Your Way. If you're into the shy boy approach, then slowly win her over by outwardly expressing interest in her and hoping that it makes her interested in you (if she wasn't before) or that it makes her interested in you enough to make decisive moves toward you. If you're into being direct, just catch her at a good moment and ask her out.

As for your brother mentioning that he sent her a poem and how it'll impact your chances... depends on how good the poem was In all seriousness, it depends on what it was about. As a really obvious example, if your brother's poem was about how he fantasizes about her all day, your chances are probably shot. If it was something that was really nice and artistic, she may think well of you since you're related to him. Just hope that he didn't charm her first, because if he did then her interest in you could just be because she wants to ask you about him. If your brother is 10 or so, you probably don't have to worry about that, though.
Old 2008-10-01, 14:51   Link #753
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Well i like every aspect of her
Old 2008-10-01, 20:42   Link #754
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post

I seen and heard many girls who go out with someone and then end up pregnet, and walking around at school with a tummy. And one girl got pregnet and her boyfriend didnt love her anymore.
Spoiler for Off Topic:

I Have a Crush on this guy that I like and I knew he liked me I think he Knew too in Junior high last year. As the year past that year he changed the way he acted around me and we became close once or twice I sat with a friend at his table and we locked eyes he looks at me. And once he sayed "do you have a boyfriend" then he said " ruby has a boyfriend" (his cousin) we stared for a why'll, it sounded like he wanted to ask me. But know this year in high School we have no classes together my friend do but not me I never told them (they would do something ) We never really see each other or talk each other like last year. I was wondering if he still like me or not.

I would like tips anything
what do you think..

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 06:52   Link #755
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
what do you think..
I think that you just alk to him for a while and him he reproaches then just ask him. This might not be the safest way to guard your relationship but if you don't have any friendship to lose ( i mean with him) then hey why not. This way is also th most hurtful if you get rejected but the rejection only lasts for a short time. This comes from personal experience but at least rejection is easier then seeing a girl you like going out with someone else (or in your case a guy) just because you weren't prepared to make the first step.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 07:24   Link #756
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
I Have a Crush on this guy that I like and I knew he liked me I think he Knew too in Junior high last year. As the year past that year he changed the way he acted around me and we became close once or twice I sat with a friend at his table and we locked eyes he looks at me. And once he sayed "do you have a boyfriend" then he said " ruby has a boyfriend" (his cousin) we stared for a why'll, it sounded like he wanted to ask me. But know this year in high School we have no classes together my friend do but not me I never told them (they would do something ) We never really see each other or talk each other like last year. I was wondering if he still like me or not.

I would like tips anything
what do you think..
Ask him out. Your situation now is actually much better, since you don't have any classes with him. If anything goes wrong, at least he won't cross your path every day.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 18:25   Link #757
Kiggz

I wish i could find a girl friend who loves anime :P doubt i ever will though sighs*
Kiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 09:32   Link #758
Amray

The type of girl that I am looking for is a lot more specific and hard to find. This is what I like in girls;

Small Chest
Short hair, or, really long hair
Average height
Out-going but also likes night indoors
Quite spunky but sometimes really quiet
Cute
Shy
Thin
Cuddly
Can play games (this does not have to apply as I can teach her)
A younger age than myself
Shorter than me (I just could not date a girl that is bigger than me)
Can have a short temper
Sometimes sarcastic
(Japanese, but is not a necessity)

Anyway, someone like that. As you can see I do not ask for much. I have turned down females because they do not fill in a lot of those preferences. I also want to get education over and done with first before dating and such, but if I meet someone during this time then I would not mind. I must say that it is hard to fend off girls when one is as good-looking as me.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 12:27   Link #759
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I don't know, but I think you are asking for quite a bit there. I don't know of anyone who has a list of specifications akin to your own. I mean, people have their preferences, but if you find someone you love you aren't going to be looking down some checklist, you're just going to love them.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 12:38   Link #760
mg1942

Chris Rock and his powerful and VERY TRUE words about really being IN LOVE and RELATIONSHIPS... damn this is SOO TRUE and damnit learn something from this guy... This guy is a GENIUS!

Last edited by mg1942; 2008-10-05 at 21:57.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom