AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-29, 02:40   Link #521
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Am I missing anything else?

- Tak
A plane ticket?
Old 2008-07-29, 02:41   Link #522
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

... ...

I can swim! While dragging that truck with my leg!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-29, 02:46   Link #523
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
... ...

I can swim! While dragging that truck with my leg!

- Tak
Hmmm... I'm beginning to have bad Chuck Norris joke flashbacks.
Old 2008-07-29, 02:53   Link #524
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Just WHAT was in the medicine Grace gave her? Getting really weird rumors from /m/ about that one, but I hope it doesn't do anything really bad to Sheryl as part of the "plot". As much as I like an Alto Ranka end, doing that to Sheryl will make me RAGE a lot.
My guess for the recipe (because of the name):

First Witch
Round about the cauldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights has thirty-one
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot.

ALL
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Second Witch
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and owlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

ALL
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Third Witch
Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,
Witches' mummy, maw and gulf
Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark,
Root of hemlock digg'd i' the dark,
Liver of blaspheming Jew,
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Silver'd in the moon's eclipse,
Nose of Turk and Tartar's lips,
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingredients of our cauldron.
Old 2008-07-29, 06:48   Link #525
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Hmmm, whats this? Sherly Nome hijacking Ranka Lee's personal board ?

But yea, Ranka seems to be MUCH MORE involved with the actual plot than Sheryl is.

I wouldn't want Ranka to die or anything, and I certainly wouldn't want her to end up being alone. Let's hope some crazy bird human stuff would happen and she'd be teleported away with Brera forever.

Then Sheryl and Alto can be together in peace .
Old 2008-07-29, 09:49   Link #526
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sheryl hijacked this thread in the early days as well XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Just WHAT was in the medicine Grace gave her? Getting really weird rumors from /m/ about that one, but I hope it doesn't do anything really bad to Sheryl as part of the "plot". As much as I like an Alto Ranka end, doing that to Sheryl will make me RAGE a lot.
They already used Sheryl's sickness to springboard Ranka's success and allow her to overtake or pull up even with Sheryl (depending on your POV) with Alto, they won't use it again to allow Ranka to win, especially in that manner. It would just piss off fans of the most popular Frontier character and would provide a unsatisfactory victory for Ranka if Sheryl dies from this pill. It would be a far cry from Guld in episode 4 of Macross Plus, he wasn't even that popular and he

Spoiler for gulds fate:
Old 2008-08-02, 20:54   Link #527
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I don't really think Sheryl will die from that pill alone. She said it so...she's Sheryl NOME~~~!! But I don't think Sheryl's illness would do anything bad about her character chances with Alto. It'd probably make her a lot stronger. and probably, if it became a Ranka Alto end, Sheryl wouldn't be left alone with just horrid afterthoughts on part of the Macross Frontier cast.

Brera is at least confirmed to be Ranka's older brother, unless of course he is just a cyborg copy of her older brother in that flashback. or probably he was a bodyguard of some sort for Ranka.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2008-08-03, 00:33   Link #528
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

excuse but if anyone heard (of course i've no idea of why i'm typing on this area) it's just the seiyu of ranka is a jap-fil person.

besides i did ont see that happening & just to ask does this change the hertiage of seiyu or that anyone person with "seiyu" can voice in anime series?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2008-08-03, 00:35   Link #529
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
excuse but if anyone heard (of course i've no idea of why i'm typing on this area) it's just the seiyu of ranka is a jap-fil person.

besides i did ont see that happening & just to ask does this change the hertiage of seiyu or that anyone person with "seiyu" can voice in anime series?
I am sorry, but I have a difficult time understanding what you are trying to say.

If you mean seiyu with heritage other than Japanese, while uncommon, its not non-existent.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-03, 04:15   Link #530
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

I think D-KLAC should go to the VA discussion thread particularly this part.
Old 2008-08-03, 10:58   Link #531
Westlo
Lets be reality

I''m curious... are any Ranka fans at all bothered by a few things? That Ranka's valid worries about how her and her song was getting used by the military was washed away by a few sentences from Alto. I kinda hope that this is one thing Sheryl brings up in her talk with Grace next episode... Also she hasn't told anybody at all about her ability to communicate with the Varja in episode 14. I don't expect her to tell someone like Leon or Grace but not even Ozma or Alto? Is it really so far fetched considering what's happened in the Macross universe? Or is she too busy worrying about Alto and Brera too think about the big picture....
Old 2008-08-03, 11:14   Link #532
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm a bit bothered. Also, I don't think she herself is sure of what happened with the Vajra queen. She was taught Vajra were brainless animals. She may think she just had some kind of hallucination.
Old 2008-08-03, 12:00   Link #533
Tak

Well, it was indicated that she would later stop being a singing tool after she realized that she is being used just as Sheryl had been. But does that also translates into her throwing tantrums in the near future? We shall see.

- Tak

Old 2008-08-03, 19:24   Link #534
Wesley84

So Ranka will believe just about anything Alto tells her because he's the one saying it or what?
Old 2008-08-04, 06:13   Link #535
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
So Ranka will believe just about anything Alto tells her because he's the one saying it or what?
Pretty much... unless she sees otherwise like in episode 5/6... but this isn't exactly a great basis for a relationship...
Old 2008-08-04, 09:38   Link #536
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Pretty much... unless she sees otherwise like in episode 5/6... but this isn't exactly a great basis for a relationship...
She'll dump his ass. It'd be a great character moment for her.
Old 2008-08-04, 13:57   Link #537
magnuskn

I just wanted to respond to something ani_d said on Random Curiosity, since that talkback should be pretty dead at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_D View Post
And Ai-kun IS a baby vajra. That much is confirmed. They said fold quartz grow inside the Vajra’s bodies, but Ranka has those inside of her. If she’s the Little Queen, then she can turn out to be part Vajra. I guess we can say that technically. If you notice, the Vajra queen in 14 also bears the same hairstyle as her, she’s like an older version of Ranka. If Ranka realizes that she can talk to the Vajra, she can tell the Vajra to leave Frontier alone, or even go find Galaxy and smite them. Then everyone will live happily ever after. I don’t think MF is as dark as I thought. As for Raramia, she probably ejected herself at the last minute and is just really badly hurt. Klan looks too happy to look like she’s mourning. =/
First off, if Ranka grows up to be a Vajra queen, I think we can say goodbye to any relationship with Alto. Unless you think he´d be comfortable to be liased to a giant bug.

Secondly, Raramias dead would not affect Klan to a big extent, because she´s a Meltran pilot... early death in battle is something to be expected in that profession.

I concur, though, that it should have been mentioned at least *somehow*. They really handwaved that totally to further the other plots going on.
Old 2008-08-04, 15:07   Link #538
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
First off, if Ranka grows up to be a Vajra queen, I think we can say goodbye to any relationship with Alto. Unless you think he´d be comfortable to be liased to a giant bug.
I'm sure she wouldn't enjoy being saddled with a genocidal mama's boy that wants her to help wipe out her extended family. Their relationship is simply doomed and it's mostly his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Secondly, Raramias dead would not affect Klan to a big extent, because she´s a Meltran pilot... early death in battle is something to be expected in that profession.
So...all that talk about Miria's revenge if one of her daughters bought it was just that? Talk?

More importantly, Luca is practically castrated after making a confessing his desire to confess, but we don't see anything afterwards that indicated it even happened?
Old 2008-08-05, 03:14   Link #539
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah Alto's to be blamed for Ranka not telling anyway she can communicate with the Varja. You know I hope the Varja do something to make everyone who is sympathizing with them go... "oh... I fucked up..." This sympathy act sickens me, what's the odds of Grace and Galaxy not being such bad guys after all *sniff*
Old 2008-08-05, 03:26   Link #540
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah Alto's to be blamed for Ranka not telling anyway she can communicate with the Varja. You know I hope the Varja do something to make everyone who is sympathizing with them go... "oh... I fucked up..." This sympathy act sickens me, what's the odds of Grace and Galaxy not being such bad guys after all *sniff*
Even if the Vajra have also been manipulated into attacking Frontier, they still did so without trying to communicate on their side. After we know that the Queens have some sort of intelligence, why wouldn´t they also try?
Closed Thread