4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.27%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-05, 09:23   Link #1041
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

He forgot to close the bracket in the link. Here, fixed.
neqael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 09:52   Link #1042
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
Any idea who did the voiced for Miyu? (Girl who 1st got the Lulu's hat)
Old 2008-07-08, 09:57   Link #1043
Oscidaes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruezu View Post
Any idea who did the voiced for Miyu? (Girl who 1st got the Lulu's hat)
三宅ひとみ (Miyake Hitomi). She's an idol, apparently. This was more or less her first foray into VA-dom, if I recall correctly.

Blog here:
http://blog.watanabepro.co.jp/miyakehitomi/
Oscidaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 10:00   Link #1044
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
Wow ahah, already a site with Miyu on the Top left.
Thanks for giving me the name. ^^
Old 2008-07-09, 02:47   Link #1045
x81ublu8x
Names mean nothing

Send a message via MSN to x81ublu8x
Anya should be in FMP with Sagara.
x81ublu8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 01:17   Link #1046
TiaxZatch

I don't know if thread necromacing is against the rules but since the dub is showing it today I thought I'll put in my thoughts.

Great episode subbed so I hope the dub doesn't screw it up much, Shirley's voice is kind of annoying at times so when she's with Lulu, I hope she doesn't sound annoying.

I found it cute how they planned this episode for Valentine's day. Perfect planning.
TiaxZatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 01:41   Link #1047
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaxZatch View Post
I found it cute how they planned this episode for Valentine's day. Perfect planning.
I was surprised. I wonder if they brought the show back on air just in time to air today.

Ah...English can't pull off "Nani, my honey." Oh well...
Old 2009-02-15, 01:56   Link #1048
TiaxZatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
I was surprised. I wonder if they brought the show back on air just in time to air today.

Ah...English can't pull off "Nani, my honey." Oh well...
Yeah I was surprised too. Did they really take a huge break to make the episode fit in today?

Anyways the dub was meh. The translations were nearly exact from a subbed episode but the voices were weird. Shirley's wasn't great but it was alright. The person who stole Lelouch's hat first voice was completely ruined.
TiaxZatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 02:22   Link #1049
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaxZatch View Post
The person who stole Lelouch's hat first voice was completely ruined.
I wouldn't say it was ruined. It sounded right to me. It's just that her "signature" line couldn't be done.
Old 2009-02-20, 05:28   Link #1050
Charred Knight

Since I never posted my thoughts when this episode first aired I might as well do so now since someone brought it up a few days ago.

This is by far the worst anime episode I have ever seen. Hell its the worst animated episode I have ever seen, in fact this is the worst episode off any tv series I have ever seen.

At no point in time did either the writer or Director ever show any thing that can be called a rational idea. Even when presented as serious we have idiotic scenes like the Emperor saying that only idiots go to war for Diplomatic reasons, when going to war works out great for Britannia. Charles could easily have taken over the world if he wanted too.

All of the characters during the school scenes where protrayed as retards unable to act in normal society, this isn't South Park, so I don't expect the characters to act like they are in South Park. This is supposed to be a serious series, so I expect characters to have some kind of intelligence. If Taniguchi and Okouchi want to write a gag series than create a gag series, but for gods sake don't have a gag episode in a serious series. This episode looks like it belongs in Urusei Yatsura, not Code Geass.

I dread giving this episode a 1 because that would show that it actually deserved a point, if I could give this episode a zero I would.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 08:24   Link #1051
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
This is by far the worst anime episode I have ever seen. Hell its the worst animated episode I have ever seen, in fact this is the worst episode off any tv series I have ever seen.
Overreacting a bit?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 13:43   Link #1052
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Overreacting a bit?
Not really

I mean how many times did a character do something that no sane human being would do in a series that is supposed to be serious (and the episode even had serious parts in it).

Except for about 2 minutes Anya was out of character for the entire episode, Anya isn't an insane moron so I don't understand why this episode would treat her like one.

Sayoko is the same way, Sayoko is not a moron so her actions in this episode are completely out of character. "Lelouch gets winded after running a block so let's jump 20 feet in the air while making poses" Both of them showed the intelligence of Ralph Wiggum.

How the hell can I possible give a crap about the episode if Anya is in a giant mecha trying to grab Lelouch? I mean whose bright idea was it to include an episode that looks like its from a different series.

This is really my biggest problem with the Ashford episodes in season 2, frequently to get jokes, they have the cast act out of character. Compare that to Fullmetal Alchemist where the jokes are always in character since Arakawa made sure that her cast always had comedic partners.
Old 2009-02-20, 14:12   Link #1053
zalem

Well, it really was the worst episode of the series. I was pretty annoyed when it aired. I get that it's a total crack episode and I don't take it seriously. On its own I actually wouldn't say it's the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. Anything from Dragonauts is way, WAY worse than this episode. But in the context of the series it's really out of place and doesn't belong. In R2 I was expecting an end to these crappy Ashford episodes. They were really pressed for time enough as it was, they really shouldn't have wasted time on silly things like this. That's a whole episode that could have been dedicated to more important things like the Marianne plot.

Looking back at my original comments here, I was concerned about silly episodes like this taking away from the main plot and causing the writers to rush towards the end and give us a bad ending. My concerns were partially realized. While they did give me a proper ending that I actually liked the episodes leading up to it were rather rushed and they never did resolve certain things properly.

Last edited by zalem; 2009-02-20 at 14:23.
zalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 15:06   Link #1054
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Well, it really was the worst episode of the series. I was pretty annoyed when it aired. I get that it's a total crack episode and I don't take it seriously. On its own I actually wouldn't say it's the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. Anything from Dragonauts is way, WAY worse than this episode. But in the context of the series it's really out of place and doesn't belong. In R2 I was expecting an end to these crappy Ashford episodes. They were really pressed for time enough as it was, they really shouldn't have wasted time on silly things like this. That's a whole episode that could have been dedicated to more important things like the Marianne plot.

Looking back at my original comments here, I was concerned about silly episodes like this taking away from the main plot and causing the writers to rush towards the end and give us a bad ending. My concerns were partially realized. While they did give me a proper ending that I actually liked the episodes leading up to it were rather rushed and they never did resolve certain things properly.
The Ashford episodes where never that bad in the first season, its just with the second season they try to hard to be funny, and characters act out of character in them. For example in the first festival episode they had some whacky hijinks but no one acted like they where retarded, and the festival actually had some well done scenes with Euphemia, and Nina.

In season 2's festival the characters act like idiots with C.C being the Ralph Wiggum role of wandering around in the open when she's the second most wanted person in the world.

Looking back at the whole series, their is no way that I can believe that this episode was written normally. I mean this episode had to have been written under a "we need this episode's script in by tomorrow" so the writers just threw in the first thing they thought of.

I mean Anya nearly kills Shirley in a giant robot and its played for comedy.

They might as well just had Sayoko killing students left and right, with Anya using the Hadron Cannon to kill students saying that she will have Lelouch's hat and end the whole thing with Ashford in flames and 90% of the student body dead.

I mean it would have made as much sense as Sayoko jumping 20 feet in the air as fire works go off around her while she poses.
Old 2009-02-20, 15:39   Link #1055
zalem

I was never a fan of the Ashford episodes throughout CG. Thought it was wasted time. However, I do agree that s1 Ashford episodes were better than r2's. Plus, in the context of the series those episodes didn't really take too much away from the real plot in s1. But by the time R2 rolls around there's really no reason whatsoever to be wasting time on that crap. There were too many important things that needed resolution.

Man, now that I think of it I rated this episode WAY too highly. Cornelia's appearance was certainly a plus and made the episode more tolerable but it didn't really save the episode. Certainly wasn't worthy of anything higher than a 4 or 5.
Old 2009-02-20, 15:53   Link #1056
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Not really

I mean how many times did a character do something that no sane human being would do in a series that is supposed to be serious (and the episode even had serious parts in it).

Except for about 2 minutes Anya was out of character for the entire episode, Anya isn't an insane moron so I don't understand why this episode would treat her like one.

Sayoko is the same way, Sayoko is not a moron so her actions in this episode are completely out of character. "Lelouch gets winded after running a block so let's jump 20 feet in the air while making poses" Both of them showed the intelligence of Ralph Wiggum.

How the hell can I possible give a crap about the episode if Anya is in a giant mecha trying to grab Lelouch? I mean whose bright idea was it to include an episode that looks like its from a different series.

This is really my biggest problem with the Ashford episodes in season 2, frequently to get jokes, they have the cast act out of character. Compare that to Fullmetal Alchemist where the jokes are always in character since Arakawa made sure that her cast always had comedic partners.
I just commented that Line:

Quote:
this is the worst episode off any tv series I have ever seen
I mean, did you watch a lot of other series...?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 16:21   Link #1057
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I just commented that Line:

I mean, did you watch a lot of other series...?
With a lot of bad tv series, the episodes are just dull, and badly conceived. An example is DearS which I stopped watching after three episodes. I mean the series was so dull I couldn't give a crap about it.This episode is worse because its outright stupid, makes no sense, has a large portion of the characters acting out of character, and is basically an episode from a different series.

Here's why I think its the worse episode for a TV series of all times.

It has a large budget with resources the average TV series wish it had, but more importantly it had talent, Taniguchi is not a horrible Director, and Okouchi is a pretty good writer. Also the first season was pretty good, and the KoR for all of their flaws do have some interesting scenes. The problem is that this episode throws pretty much the entire characterization out the window. Everything that came before it is just thrown away. Even during the serious scenes they do this. I mean why the hell is Guilford so nice to Suzaku? It's not setup, Guilford doesn't seem to have an epiphany that Britannia is wrong, and he never seems to regret his actions or the actions of Cornelia during the first season. That scene seems to forget that Britannia is an empire built on racism. It ignores pretty much the entire first season to change Guilford without any real character development. The same with Charles, for the entire first season and pretty much the rest of the series Charles is a madman ranting and raving but here he comes off as perfectly sane.

Look if people complained that Britannia's portrayal is racist to westerners (in particular America and Britain) than give them actual character development, don't just change the characters and then say "look where not racist not all of Britannia is bad".

At no point in time in all of her previous apperances is Anya protrayed as a complete idiot, she's never even been an idiot, weird yes, but stupid never. This episode protrays Anya as complete idiot who clearly can't function in the outside world.

Right off the top of my head the only two episodes of a tv series that are close are the last episode of Mai Hime, and the last episode of Gundam Seed Destiny, and I would have to rewatch them to see. Of course why the hell would I torture myself by rewatching those two episodes to see which I hate more.
Old 2009-02-20, 16:37   Link #1058
Nobodyman9
Banned

Found this very humorous take on the episode over at Toonzone.

http://forums.toonzone.net/showpost....postcount=1196

Personally, I thought this episode was okay. Definitely over the top, but I didn't think it was atrocious.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 17:19   Link #1059
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Someone on the Adult Swim boards brought up something rather amusing.

In the original broadcast of the episode in Japan, one of the the girls in the "Fantasy Seduction Team" is wearing a pink sports bra. In the dub, she isn't wearing a bra at all.

Original: http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...egeass2yk9.jpg

Dub: http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=codegeassyc6.jpg
Old 2009-02-20, 17:39   Link #1060
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Someone on the Adult Swim boards brought up something rather amusing.

In the original broadcast of the episode in Japan, one of the the girls in the "Fantasy Seduction Team" is wearing a pink sports bra. In the dub, she isn't wearing a bra at all.

Original: http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...egeass2yk9.jpg

Dub: http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=codegeassyc6.jpg
That's because the dub is based off of the DVD release and not the TV series release.