2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-13, 09:08   Link #1221
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
100% lelouch for starting the rebellion the first place and killing euphie, causing nina to go crazy thus the frieja.
100% Brittania for Invading Area 11
Old 2008-08-13, 09:20   Link #1222
orangejuicetang

I think we can all agree that it is 100% the writer's fault lol.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 09:22   Link #1223
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
100% Brittania for Invading Area 11
Finally somebody agrees!!
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 09:23   Link #1224
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
question, does the "live" geass have a flaw? i mean why would suzaku shoot freya at a nearby enemy when in the situation that it hits the target (guren), he gets included in the blast area? or is lancelot immune to freya?
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 09:30   Link #1225
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

The "live" geass has the flaw of only doing what's convenient for the drama.

Suzaku actually evades Karen's attack before firing that thing - he could have as well used the time to evacuate the machine, but instead fires a weapon which is unlikely to kill his attacker.

The only slight justification for this is indeed Nina screaming that firing the thing will somehow save him. Maybe it affected his subconsciousness.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 09:31   Link #1226
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
question, does the "live" geass have a flaw? i mean why would suzaku shoot freya at a nearby enemy when in the situation that it hits the target (guren), he gets included in the blast area? or is lancelot immune to freya?
I can't imagine he would have thought it would have hit the Guren, its slow as hell. I can't imagine how the Lancelot wold be immune, but stranger things have happened.
Old 2008-08-13, 09:34   Link #1227
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
The "live" geass has the flaw of only doing what's convenient for the drama.

Suzaku actually evades Karen's attack before firing that thing - he could have as well used the time to evacuate the machine, but instead fires a weapon which is unlikely to kill his attacker.

The only slight justification for this is indeed Nina screaming that firing the thing will somehow save him. Maybe it affected his subconsciousness.
If he hadn't shot it, it wouldn't have mattered if he evaded, because Kallen would just go after him again and attempt another finishing blow. Firing the weapon, under the control of the geass mind you, is the only way the writers want you to believe Suzaku could have lived since Kallen would most definately retreat after it.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 09:34   Link #1228
Sinn
Pwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I can't imagine he would have thought it would have hit the Guren, its slow as hell. I can't imagine how the Lancelot wold be immune, but stranger things have happened.
Lol I agree, but I believe powerful bombs are meant to be slow. Why would Nina even want to upgrade Lancelot to be immune to freya.
Old 2008-08-13, 09:37   Link #1229
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
If Suzaku ejects, Karen would just more conveniently go after him and finish him off. I remember in this episode Kinoshita ejected, then a knightmare frame went after his "escape pod" and shot it.

Quote:
I agree with this, those last words Nina said probably had an effect on Suzaku and then trigerred the "live on" geass.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 10:49   Link #1230
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Lancelot still has no ejection block, and the SEITEN Guren was portrayed as *much* faster than the Lancelot. He didn't really have many options, except maybe begging for his life.
Old 2008-08-13, 10:58   Link #1231
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I agree with this, those last words Nina said probably had an effect on Suzaku and then trigerred the "live on" geass.
Uh, no? His geass triggered when he was resigned to dying. Nina had no effect on him.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 11:10   Link #1232
Isegrim

Congratulations, Animesuki - even 2ch is stunned about your poll results .

(click to enlarge)
Old 2008-08-13, 11:11   Link #1233
Sinn
Pwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Uh, no? His geass triggered when he was resigned to dying. Nina had no effect on him.
He meant Nina's barking about firing freya and he'll live sentence, might have effect him (and live geass) to fire freya thinking he'll live by doing so.
Old 2008-08-13, 11:18   Link #1234
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Finally somebody agrees!!
well considering japan was econimically opressing countries due to them having the majority of sakurudite. And tried to the same to britannia its japans fault for taunting a tiger and not expecting to get mauled.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 11:20   Link #1235
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Congratulations, Animesuki - even 2ch is stunned about your poll results .

(click to enlarge)
Stunned in a good way or stunned in a bad way?
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 11:24   Link #1236
infinimonium

uhhh... I can't take this no more, I've gotta say this:
Karen and her Guren is looking more and more like Domon and his G Gundam
(I know, people said it before, but it still bugs me)

refer to 14:35 of ep.18 and this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHSSDFBQ2Co

First post here, so please take it easy on me
infinimonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 11:28   Link #1237
JerryShaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
well considering japan was econimically opressing countries due to them having the majority of sakurudite. And tried to the same to britannia its japans fault for taunting a tiger and not expecting to get mauled.
Are you a communist Yorae? It was Japan's right to decide to whether to sell sakuradite or not. That's like saying it's okay to rob and destroy stores for not selling you their products.

Edit: For Japan, selling the Brittania empire sakuradite would be equivalent to gunstore owner selling guns to men in skimasks.
JerryShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 11:46   Link #1238
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryShaw View Post
Are you a communist Yorae? It was Japan's right to decide to whether to sell sakuradite or not. That's like saying it's okay to rob and destroy stores for not selling you their products.

Edit: For Japan, selling the Brittania empire sakuradite would be equivalent to gunstore owner selling guns to men in skimasks.
Your missing the point here. Japan was screwing around with britannia they were selling them but japan raised prices to rather large levels in order to screw britannia once that is done they wouldn't sell anymore while other powers got off with neither a hitch. That is a clear sign of economic opression screwing others to make japan richer in short japan asked for it when pissing off a super power.

That kind of stunt will work in third world country but not against a super power.

If japan had remained truly neutral then none of this would have happened but no suzaku's dad made that choice and that cost him.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 11:53   Link #1239
JerryShaw

Quote:
Your missing the point here. Japan was screwing around with britannia they were selling them but japan raised prices to rather large levels in order to screw britannia once that is done they wouldn't sell anymore while other powers got off with neither a hitch. That is a clear sign of economic opression screwing others to make japan richer in short japan asked for it when pissing off a super power.

That kind of stunt will work in third world country but not against a super power.

If japan had remained truly neutral then none of this would have happened but no suzaku's dad made that choice and that cost him.
Okay, I didn't know that Japan was selling high price to only Brittania. Yeah I guess I would be pissed too if I were Brittanian. LOL
JerryShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 12:02   Link #1240
Slick_rick

Quote:

Isn't this just from the Novel which isn't anywhere close to canon? I don't remember anywhere in the anime that states that Japan did this. They possibly used their control of Sakuridite for their own personal financial gain but beyond that I don't see them screwing over Brittania without screwing over all the rest of the countries. Japan in the anime isn't shown to have taken a preference between Brittania, E.U. or the Chinese Federation.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote