AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-05, 01:12   Link #21
Dark Wing

Alright just read chapter 4 and I have to say this is getting better and better for me.

I don't want to spoil anything but Shiji really proved himself this time and Asuka...lets just say her weapon suits her personality well...

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2008-03-05 at 01:23.
Old 2008-03-05, 03:55   Link #22
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Chapter 4:
Spoiler for chp 4:
Old 2008-03-05, 10:57   Link #23
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Chapter 4:
Spoiler for chp 4:
Spoiler for Kaworu:
Old 2008-03-05, 11:50   Link #24
Frankie Elric

I have been reading this on onemanga and this reminds me of Persona 3.
Old 2008-03-05, 16:07   Link #25
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Elric View Post
I have been reading this on onemanga and this reminds me of Persona 3.
Yea i got that same vibe from it too and I believe if they keep this plot reminiscent of Persona 3, this could turn into a fairly nice story, so I’ll keep reading it.
Old 2008-03-08, 18:51   Link #26
Claes
Claes lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post

I don't want to spoil anything but Shiji really proved himself this time and Asuka...lets just say her weapon suits her personality well...:heh:
That
A new definition of tsundere from the queen herself
Old 2008-03-09, 22:08   Link #27
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claes View Post
That
A new definition of tsundere from the queen herself
I know isn't it great! can't wait for the next chapter.
Old 2008-03-27, 10:33   Link #28
Tormenk

Nothing much happened in Chapter 5. Some foreshadowing and hints but a calm chapter overall.

Rei shows her cute side in this chapter though.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-03-27, 10:57   Link #29
Dark Wing

Everyone chapter 5 is out...Not much actually happens just introduction of more character and a little comedy here and there ...

Spoiler for summery:
Old 2008-03-27, 13:29   Link #30
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Wow, this is the best doujin I've ever read. And I'm not just saying that because Evangelion is my fav. anime show. Whoever made this is a fucking saint. I wish more doujin was like this.
Old 2008-03-27, 13:39   Link #31
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
Wow, this is the best doujin I've ever read. And I'm not just saying that because Evangelion is my fav. anime show. Whoever made this is a fucking saint. I wish more doujin was like this.
In any case, I think you mean manga since mangas and doujins have their differences.

If you enjoyed this and looking for more elsewhere, take a look at Evangelion ReTake. Story takes place within the same universe as the anime and it gets a strong recommendation from many who have read it, myself included.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-03-27, 14:45   Link #32
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
Yea, Like Tormenk said in his post above. I think you have Re-Take confused with Gakuen Datenroku.

Re-Take = Doujin or Fan made manga

Gakuen Datenroku = Official Manga owned and made by Gainax.

No harm done of course we just don't want to confuses people here...
Old 2008-03-27, 16:44   Link #33
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I'm trying to read this but I can't stop thinking about everything I know from the original anime and EOE. I'm trying to start fresh on the characters but they are already too deeply burned into my mind as how they were presented in the original series. Is anyone else having the same difficulties? Anyone that has seen all of the series and actually remember what happened that is.
Old 2008-03-27, 18:21   Link #34
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
I'm trying to read this but I can't stop thinking about everything I know from the original anime and EOE. I'm trying to start fresh on the characters but they are already too deeply burned into my mind as how they were presented in the original series. Is anyone else having the same difficulties? Anyone that has seen all of the series and actually remember what happened that is.
I imagine you're not alone. As a matter of fact I had the same problem when trying to read Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE because I kept thinking Card Captor Sakura. The trick is to remember that it's all an Alternate World and not viewing this as a negative but a positive experience. Look at the differences in both stories and point them out if anything it would be like trip down memory lain.

There is nothing wrong with comparing stuff form the original people do this with manga and anime adaptations all the time. This is what makes reading/watching AU's so much fun...That is unless you're on of the hardcore fans who hate it right off the bat because it's not like the original...
Old 2008-03-27, 20:21   Link #35
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Yea, Like Tormenk said in his post above. I think you have Re-Take confused with Gakuen Datenroku.

Re-Take = Doujin or Fan made manga

Gakuen Datenroku = Official Manga owned and made by Gainax.

No harm done of course we just don't want to confuses people here...
Yeah, I meant to post this in the re-take thread. Somehow I got mixed up.
Old 2008-03-28, 13:09   Link #36
Claes
Claes lover

lol, this chapter reminds me of a certain doujin from a certain mags from long time ago

And Rei, Rei, Rei!!!!!
I just watch Rebuild 1.0, so anything cute by Rei is highly praised
Old 2008-03-28, 17:10   Link #37
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
Normally I would have very hard time with spinoff stories, but, weirdly, I am fine with this. Best proof is that I got a thought I had never imagined I might have after reading ch.5:

1st X 2nd for the win. (3rd can go anywhere he wants, even to 5th's bed.)
Old 2008-04-06, 07:04   Link #38
JasonSolaris

Wow.. Stumble across this thread and series by accident.. Didn't think Gainax could milk Eva any further after Rebuild and Peta Eva..

Quote:
Everyone chapter 5 is out...Not much actually happens just introduction of more character and a little comedy here and there ...

Spoiler for summery:
Spoiler for Future angels:

Also, does it indicate how much time it's passed since chapter 4 and 5? I think Shinji still refers to Asuka as Soryu in chapter 4 and it seems they were arguing by first name in 5?
Later

Last edited by JasonSolaris; 2008-04-06 at 12:56.
Old 2008-04-07, 01:15   Link #39
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSolaris View Post
Also, does it indicate how much time it's passed since chapter 4 and 5? I think Shinji still refers to Asuka as Soryu in chapter 4 and it seems they were arguing by first name in 5?
Later
5 It doesn't actually say how much time passed between the two chapter it just says that the school was holding their yearly Christmas festival so it's safe to say chapter 5 was in December. Well if I have to guess I'd say the time between chapter 4 and 5 was about one or two mouths...Anyway I wouldn't think to much of it once you start adding too much logic to manga and anime it stops being fun.
Old 2008-04-17, 01:00   Link #40
Dark Wing

Okay Chapter 6 is out!

While not much happens in this chapter we do get a few bits of interesting information.

Well anyway time for a summery.

Spoiler for chapter 6:

Edit: Also the translator has seem to have made an error when translating the title of the series making it too literal.

So it is not "Neon Genesis Evangelion Academy Record of the Fallen Angel" or "Neon Genesis Evangelion Academy Record of Havens Decent " but rater "Neon Genesis Evangelion Academy: Apocalypse"

Well requesting another change in the threads name please...

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2008-04-17 at 01:12.
Closed Thread