AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 19:41   Link #3301
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I have serious doubts this Patriots team even makes the playoffs, and even greater doubts of them going anywhere if they do.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 21:26   Link #3302
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Deja 42 >_<. Steenking Pats' D! 2 PIs absolutely murdered them. Even then, they just needed to stop one more play. Nope. Seems the Pats are going gurgle gurgle gurgle ATM. You can't win games with half a team, and I'm sorry, but the Pats' D is a sorry bunch. And the Pats' O without a deep threat is just sad.

Stinking seahawks couldn't put down the cowboys either. Sigh...
Old 2011-11-06, 22:08   Link #3303
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Very tight tussle between Baltimore and Pittsburgh tonight. Flacco is playing better than he has been lately, though. He's converted nearly every 3rd down Baltimore has had tonight. 9-6 at the half.
Old 2011-11-06, 22:09   Link #3304
GDB

Should be 13-6. That one play, the refs whistled it dead waaaaaaay too early.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 22:26   Link #3305
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Rice might have gotten a raw deal on that play. Forward momentum suggests he made it over.

Nice interception by Terell Suggs. He was barely sighted in the 1st half then he makes the big play when Pittsburgh look like they'll get the game's first TD.

Edit - Pittsburgh up 20-16 with 5 mins to go. Harrison is getting the better of Flacco this half while Big Ben is hardly getting touched. Baltimore have 2:24 left to go for the win.

Final Edit: YES!!! Flacco was flawless on that final drive! Receivers almost blew it but Flacco just kept making the right choices and Torrey Smith redeemed himself! What a game! Why is it Flacco goes sour against terrible teams then suddenly goes ballistic against the good ones? What a game winner.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-11-06 at 23:51.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 23:50   Link #3306
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Torrey Smith!
Old 2011-11-06, 23:51   Link #3307
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Rice might have gotten a raw deal on that play. Forward momentum suggests he made it over.

Nice interception by Terell Suggs. He was barely sighted in the 1st half then he makes the big play when Pittsburgh look like they'll get the game's first TD.

Edit - Pittsburgh up 20-16 with 5 mins to go. Harrison is getting the better of Flacco this half while Big Ben is hardly getting touched. Baltimore have 2:24 left to go for the win.

Final Edit: YES!!! Flacco was flawless on that final drive! Receivers almost blew it but Flacco just kept making the right choices and Torrey Smith redeemed himself! What a game! Why is it Flacco goes sour against terrible teams then suddenly goes ballistic against the good ones? What a game winner.
Fun game to watch. Best rivalry in football?
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 23:59   Link #3308
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
Just might be. After so many boilovers in Sunday night games this year, this one was an epic for the ages. AFC North is one heck of a division this year. You've got Pittsburgh playing Cincinatti next week and then Cincinatti has to follow that up with Baltimore. Baltimore 7-2, Cincinatti 6-2, Pittsburgh 6-3. It's going to be hard to see any of those teams not make the playoffs because all three are playing well enough to deserve to be there. If I have to see Kansas City deny one of those sides a spot, I'll be livid. Oakland can't even beat Denver with Campbell injured - this is sad.

Patriots - Jets next week in the Sunday night slot. I'd be backing the Jets in that one considering they really shut down a red-hot Buffalo offense today while New England self-destructed against the New York Giants.

And on that game - I seriously hope people stop talking about Philadelphia or Dallas winning their division. Save a freak injury to Eli Manning, I don't see how the Giants won't win their division.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:09   Link #3309
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
Right now. But not in the history of the game. Of all the team match ups throughout the league, you can still count on Ravens-Steelers to be a slugfest.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 00:40   Link #3310
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Old 2011-11-07, 01:09   Link #3311
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Just might be. After so many boilovers in Sunday night games this year, this one was an epic for the ages. AFC North is one heck of a division this year. You've got Pittsburgh playing Cincinatti next week and then Cincinatti has to follow that up with Baltimore. Baltimore 7-2, Cincinatti 6-2, Pittsburgh 6-3. It's going to be hard to see any of those teams not make the playoffs because all three are playing well enough to deserve to be there. If I have to see Kansas City deny one of those sides a spot, I'll be livid. Oakland can't even beat Denver with Campbell injured - this is sad.

Patriots - Jets next week in the Sunday night slot. I'd be backing the Jets in that one considering they really shut down a red-hot Buffalo offense today while New England self-destructed against the New York Giants.

And on that game - I seriously hope people stop talking about Philadelphia or Dallas winning their division. Save a freak injury to Eli Manning, I don't see how the Giants won't win their division.
Baltimore's 6-2, not 7-2.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 02:00   Link #3312
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Baltimore's 6-2, not 7-2.
They will be 7-2. They're playing Seattle next week.
Old 2011-11-07, 02:12   Link #3313
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
They will be 7-2. They're playing Seattle next week.
Well remember they did lose to the Jags.

Granted I feel like through the win against the Steelers they'll probably have their act together enough to take out the aweful Seahawks.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 02:22   Link #3314
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well remember they did lose to the Jags.

Granted I feel like through the win against the Steelers they'll probably have their act together enough to take out the aweful Seahawks.
That factor falls onto the offense. After all, the defense has been rather consistent... not just this year, but throughout most of the previous decade.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 04:29   Link #3315
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Have you seen the rest of their schedule? It's brutal.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 04:54   Link #3316
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, let's see:

Giants schedule
--------------------

49ers - L
Eagles - W
Saints - W
Packers - L
Cowboys - W
Redskins - W
Jets - L
Cowboys - W

They play Dallas twice. Forget Dallas - no offense but Romo is Romo. I see the Giants winning 5 of those 8 and they would have to go 3 games worse than Dallas to not finish ahead of them. For the Giants to lose top spot, Dallas and Philadelphia would have to win at least 6 more games unless the Giants completely unravel. If Dallas had a proper QB and healthy WRs, they could but they don't. Philadelphia might but recovering a -3 games margin with the amount of games left? If it was 2010 Manning, I'd say the Eagles could have leaped them. But 2011 Manning is much better.

And since the Colts still persist with Painter, I'm calling the Colts getting Luck. Their fans seem to want it that bad. 0-16 or maybe 1-15 if the Dolphins and Rams rack up another win. I could only see the Colts beating the Jaguars, but then again the Jaguars have Drew-Jones as a decent RB, even if Gibbert is as bad as Painter.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-11-07 at 05:14.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 05:57   Link #3317
GDB

Quote:
The season is still young. The Giants usually do well out the gate and then flounder the end.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 07:44   Link #3318
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I have serious doubts this Patriots team even makes the playoffs, and even greater doubts of them going anywhere if they do.
I wouldn't count them out. I still think they're a much better team than the Jets and I don't expect much out of the Bills after yesterday's pathetic game. Bills starting to lose after becoming confident and dropping the underdog mentality, business as usual.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 07:50   Link #3319
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

It's hard to bet on anything this season...

Dallas has the #1 rush defense in the league, those guys haven't seem to have shown up the past couple weeks.
Patriots have the worst pass defense in the league, yet they shot down Eli a lot.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 10:03   Link #3320
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

They didn't shoot down Eli when it mattered. Also...Giants beating the Saints? Ha ha ha ha NO. Unlike the splatriots, the Saints actually have a defense. Philly vs. Giants...it was close the last time until Vick left with an injury. Tonight's the litmus test for the igglez. Were the four losses indicative early season, or was it just a case of the team not meshing?

If Eli has to beat the Eagles on his throws, Nnamdi and Asante and DRC are going to have a field day. The vagiants rushing game has been anemic. Also...it's the freaking patriots D. Their D is nonexistent. If the Pats can shut Eli down a whole half, I think any half-decent D is going to stuff him like a thanksgiving turkey.

Tags
american football, sports