AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-24, 04:49   Link #1041
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and so...it ends ~ ep 12 ~
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

so overall ~
Spoiler:

and so another series ends...the hole is getting bigger >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 10:46   Link #1042
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep. 12:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 11:35   Link #1043
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Spoiler for ep. 12:
Disturbing? "Disturbing" is practically Kaishaku's native language.

Spoiler for KnM manga ending:
Old 2007-03-24, 13:22   Link #1044
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep12:
I'm thinking more and more that Setsuna may be one of the great anime characters.

As for holes, I think I need a couple of weeks' rest, since there are going to be too many shows to watch starting at the beginning of April. But I will miss Kyoushirou Fridays. As Densetsu Tsubasa said, the time passed so quickly.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 20:56   Link #1045
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler for about Kuu:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 23:31   Link #1046
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
In my opinion, Ku is still an Absolute Angel even in her reincarnation because she is able to recall her memories from her previous life. Kyoshiro is human, so the last scene in which Ku and Kyoshiro embrace is imaginary and for the viewers to see that the two lovers are reunited, while in reality it's probably still a little girl hugging a grown man.

With Ku being an Absolute Angel and all, she may have the power to speed time (for herself) and reverse time (for Kyoshiro) for them to return to their 17-year-old bodies, but that's unlikely.

So Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora ends on a lolikon note...lovely.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:51   Link #1047
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Kyoshiro is human, so the last scene in which Ku and Kyoshiro embrace is imaginary and for the viewers to see that the two lovers are reunited, while in reality it's probably still a little girl hugging a grown man.
Spoiler for possible spoiler:

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Kyanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 01:00   Link #1048
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 12 - Kuu of Eternity

Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora is my first pick for the winter season, and I finally watched the last episode. But in order to comprehend the dialogues spoken, I will have to wait a few days for a sub to be available.

My verdict is that this Kaishaku series while starting with a slow beginning and quite a couple of nonsensical episodes, it basked on a great wave of drama campiness from halfway until the very end.

That it was fairy campy anime to me it doesn't mean that it was bad. Quite on the contrary, they paid special attention to the character's dramatization in the very last episodes.

If the conclusion had its downs, they were the following listed below.
Spoiler:

That's all I have to say for the downs, and now with the ups.
Spoiler:

With how the previous two episodes were developing I was afraid that the writers would have taken the choice of sacrificing Setsuna for Kyoshiro's sake with respect to Kuu. Had they done that, then I would have become enraged.

IMO, Setsuna is the most tragic of all characters tied along with Mika.

The animation was so terribly gorgeous, that Setsuna's wavering eyes and sad look on her face won me over. She was so sweetly charming and captivating.

I would really want to request as a favor from anybody to make some gifs or avatars of Setsunas' shots for this episode.
Spoiler:

Spoiler for My interpretation for the last scene:

And one more thing. Oh, my! How many times did I hear Kyoshiro delivering the infamous line- ikou, issho ni-over and over even at the very end?

I cannot believe that was the line delivered at the end of the show.

I am telling you that if I ever hear another ikou, issho ni, then I will knock out myself cold.

Wait! Oh, My God!! I remember that same line was repeated in another anime.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2007-03-25 at 03:16.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 03:04   Link #1049
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I stipulate that about ten years passed. The little girl running with the dog on the meadow full of spring flowers is nonetheless than Kuu's reincarnation.
More like seven years, actually. Ku is back to being the same age as she 'was' in her first encounter with her 'Prince', which is 10 years prior to the main timeline of the story, when she is 17, assuming that her reincarnation is born very shortly after her death. That puts Kyoshiro at 24... Uhh. Then they have to wait another 10 years for Ku to become 17 again... Uhh.

C'mon, Ku, speed up time for yourself. A 17-year-old being with a 34-year-old man isn't that pretty of a picture, even if Kyoshiro is TEH SEX himself. I'd probably twitch at that spectacle if some epilogue-of-epilogue episode gets released on the last DVD.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 04:28   Link #1050
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
So Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora ends on a lolikon note...lovely.
but behind that there is true love
i wonder if kuu regains her past memories...a "mature" mind stick in a chibi body

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 10:50   Link #1051
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Ayako have released their sub for the last episode. That was fast!
Old 2007-03-25, 13:24   Link #1052
Aurelia aurita
???

Mm. So I just finished watching the English sub.
Spoiler:

I'm still happy though, since the ending was pretty sweet. And also that we got to hear the second verse of Madoromi no Rakuen.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 15:17   Link #1053
Vertago

Question

Spoiler:
Vertago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 15:29   Link #1054
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertago View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-25, 16:48   Link #1055
Honey_and_Cleaver

In the end, Kyoushiro becomes a phedophile. Setsuna still becoming his secretery obssesed over him. What a sweet ending.

Kaon and Himeko back to their yuri way of life.
Soujiro being big police cheif.
Kazuya being a vegetable next to a steel woman with a heart.

This can never beat KnM.

I think Kaishaku got pressured over anti-yuri sentiments.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 20:12   Link #1056
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
So it's done huh? This will be my 3rd anime I finished this year (Kanon (2006) and Pumpkin Scissors were finished first). Yup, the hole is getting bigger. Code Geass is almost at the end too I think. What to do what to do? Oh well, I guess it's time to look and wait for new animes .
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 20:19   Link #1057
protonic

good ending but not as good as KnM
protonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 20:19   Link #1058
TigerII
Pilot in Training

2007 has just begun, many more shows to come.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 20:32   Link #1059
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora - Last Thoughts

That was fast! Yesterday I watched the RAW, and now today I watched the sub for the final episode.

I cannot believe that three months went in the blink of an eye.

Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora was my first pick-up for this year's anime winter season. My other picks for the season include Venus Versus Virus (which is about to end as well next week), Deltora Quest, and Yes! Pretty Cure 5.

The first time I learned about KyoToSora was at Omniscient's blog. He had posted news about Kaishaku's most recent manga adapted into anime to air on January 2007. At the sole mention of Kaishaku, it quickly triggered on me memories of Kannazuki no Miko. Therefore, I built hype with expectation for KyoToSora within me awaiting the first television broadcast.

While the beginning KyoToSora let me down the other episodes that followed started to fill little by little the gaps regarding the storyline. It all culminates with the revelation of Kuu's identity, and as it just seemed that Kyoshiro and Kuu made peace of heart with each other, Kazuya arrived as I have no idea to have ever imagined and rain shards of cruel reality on Kyoshiro. From there on the plot took off and picked on speed, accelerating the story.

At that point KyoToSora completely grasped and built anxiety upon expectation for what was going to happen at the end of one episode to the next one with only a few remaining.

My verdict is that KyoToSora's episode one cannot compare to that of Kannazuki no Miko, which blasted with a bang. However, from Kazuya's arrival to the last scene at the end, the plot thicken and brought focus to the other, supporting characters as well, making a quick but convincing development and growth for Kyoshiro, Sojiro & Taurette, Himiko x Kaon, and Setsuna.

The ending pales slightly below to that of Kannazuki no Miko, because I think it is predictable how things would follow between chibi-Kuu and Kyoshiro from there on. As for Kannazuki no Miko, it captured the tearful reunion of two lovers who ever first met, but they already knew each other from a past life.

For KyoToSora the world was saved at expense of Kuu making her choice to part ways from her loved one in order to teach Kyoshiro that the world despite the ugliness of people it is beautiful after all.

My interpretation about the theme for this series, and is quite campy and cheesy, is that love shines the form which may or not want to choose.

The series clearly focused on the three main characters:
1. Kyoshiro, who spent a decade of his life emulating and copying a bastard brother.

2. Kuu, a shy girl who viewed herself useless and felt not worthy of being needed by others.

3. Setsuna, the tragic maidservant who could never have the love of the person standing by his side no matter how much struggle she put up with.

Fortunately, the chain of events that happened at the last quarter of the series made each of those three to reevaluate themselves, what they have been doing with their existences, and the meaning of their feelings.

At the end, it is this light of love (I apologize for the corniness of the term ), that enables them to accomplish their wishes whether they were or not what they expected.
1. Kyoshiro, became honest with himself and saw who he truly was. He made his decision to choose the path he picked up to travel in order to grow-up into the adult he wished to be.

2. Kuu, became useful to protect the one person she admitted to love, and the achievement was enough to fill her and to fullfill the reason of her existence.

3. Setsuna, acknowledged that the two lovers were meant for each other. She no longer resented Kuu, as she also felt the embrace of Kuu's love for the world. She makes her choice to join Kyoshiro on his travels, because she came to care for both Kuu and Kyoshiro and wants to see them reunited at last. Once the two lovers meet, she'll part ways in order to travel the world and witness by herself the wonders and beauties that Kuu taught her the planet has.

All in all, this series had a wavering start and not helped much that Kyoshiro remained a blockhead, spoiled, copycat prince for nine straight episodes. Thankfully, although I am regretting to say this, Kazuya arrived to set his orgasmic plan in motion, which made all the other characters involved into his mess to snap out, get a reality check, and grow serious to play their roles for the last arc convincingly and believable.

I should that Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora ranks below to Kannazuki no Miko but absolutely way above than Kagihime. I'll give a grade of 78%
Old 2007-03-25, 21:14   Link #1060
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
KtTnS end was kind sad to me but at the same time confuse that how did kyoshiro and setsuna hair change soo fast when kuu grow up fast ...maybe i need to watch it again but with sub........

knm and kttns was 2 best anime i love soo far not b/c of kaon and himiko but the story was great.

and when i watch kttns it feel like im watch knm again
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen