AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2015-01-08, 16:36   Link #961
Lady_Asuna

I read part of the Material Edition where in Under World he marries all 7...or I guess 6 not including Yui...girls. What?? Does he marry anyone in Under World before he gets out?
Lady_Asuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 03:37   Link #962
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Asuna View Post
I read part of the Material Edition where in Under World he marries all 7...or I guess 6 not including Yui...girls. What?? Does he marry anyone in Under World before he gets out?
That's an omake and is, for the moment, non-canon.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 19:52   Link #963
Lady_Asuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
That's an omake and is, for the moment, non-canon.

So it's written by the author but isn't legit?
Old 2015-01-12, 09:01   Link #964
Sacredus

It's just a doujin/alternative ending of Alizication.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 19:10   Link #965
Lady_Asuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
It's just a doujin/alternative ending of Alizication.

Oh ok. Cool. Idk which I like better.

Does he marry anyone in Underworld before escaping? Alice or Ronye/Ronie?
Old 2015-01-17, 00:08   Link #966
mekami

i enjoy watching..!!
mekami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 09:29   Link #967
Fizix
Nitpicking

This is mainly a character aesthetic thing, but in season 2, they all stuck with their fairy characters.

1. Is there a reason why they ditched their original characters?
2. Why did Asuna change her character so much? It took a moment for me to cotton on that it was her.
3. Do they every change them back?

Generally, I dislike them and prefer their human ones, especially Asunas, I actually dislike her bright haired character design and prefer her original design.

And lastly, are the arcs during season 2 and beyond always going to be so eclectic? They are really, really varied. I felt that season 1 was much more connected as there was a backbone to the series, which of course has concluded, or looks to have.

What I mean is, does it continue to be a mixed bag of short stories post the original story arc?
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 12:36   Link #968
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kazuto explained to Suguha why he did not return to his original Kirito avatar from SAO at the end of season 1. As for the others, well, it's clear that Asuna, Ryoutarou, Rika, Keiko, and Andrew are all using their SAO appearance in ALO. Naturally they're all adjusted to fit the characteristics of their races, hence why they have pointed ears and fairy wings, and Asuna has blue hair, and Silica has cat ears and a tail, but otherwise their appearances match perfectly. Shino's avatar is much the same--matches her GGO avatar but is adjusted for her ALO race's characteristics. Asuna's second avatar is the only customized one next to Kirito's, and even then Kirito's is just a blend of his original avatar's appearance and whatever randomized attributes the game was trying to give him when he first entered ALO and caused the glitch. They cannot go back to their full default human appearances from SAO, because that was for SAO only, which no longer exists.

As for stories past SAOII, there's only a single, massive story arc left, called Alicization. IIRC it has its own arcs within it, but it's all in the same setting, and it connects to both the Aincrad and Phantom Bullet story arcs.
Old 2015-03-10, 13:01   Link #969
Fizix
Nitpicking

Thanks.

I got Kiritos change and agree that they aren't that different, outside of Asuna, who I felt changed a lot in appearance. I preferred the human avatar designs though, particularly Asunas.

I'm glad the 3rd series will have a storyline running through its arcs, that connects it together, this is my biggest criticism of season 2, it seems like a bunch of disconnected arcs.
Old 2015-03-10, 15:38   Link #970
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Asuna's really isn't all that different. She just has a different hair and eye color, and pointed ears, and all of that is just to indicate she's an Undine in ALO,whereas other players' chosen races had other options to differentiate them from the other races (like Silica and Sinon's animal traits). Otherwise she's the same--same hairstyle and overall build, same fighting style, etc.
Old 2015-03-10, 16:26   Link #971
Fizix
Nitpicking

I think she does look really different. Maybe its just me then.
Old 2015-03-10, 16:30   Link #972
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair, given how generic faces can get in anime, a hair and eye color change can be a huge difference, admittedly. Kirito's total changes between SAO and ALO were a bit more subtle and made a bit of difference compared to Asuna's changes.
Old 2015-05-14, 12:19   Link #973
MrSurvivorX
Anime Novice

Question

Question 1: Is Kirito really a kendo champion? I've seen it in various fanfics but I'm not sure.
Question 2: How do clearers get out of the floor dungeoon if they don't clear the boss? Do they fight their way back or what?
Question 3: Not sure this actually has an answer: Argus's SAO servers: Is it like uneditable or would it like kill the players or what?

Thanks
MrSurvivorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 17:54   Link #974
JaayWolfe

Exclamation A disturbing question...

Hello, friends. I was banned from a site for asking this, and I'd love to actually get an answer, instead of a ban!

In the second "ALO" arc of SAO (I), Kirito accesses Heathcliff's admin credentials used in SAO through the Cardinal System.

In Episodes 6/7 of SAO II (The GGO Arc), Kirito uses what seems to be the "System Assist Mode" that Heathcliff uses in SAO to defeat Kirito and make him join the Knights of the Blood Oath. Is this what others have concluded, or am I just insane, seeing things that I want to see.

Also: In the "Yui" Arc, how does Kirito know the password for the GM account? When in the ALO arc, you have to have a keycard access token to access the system? They're still both working on the Cardinal System, as Akihiko Kayaba so bluntly points out at the end before he hands Kirito the "Seed".

Thanks if you can, but if you can't, please message me where I can get my answers!
JaayWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 23:15   Link #975
dylan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaayWolfe View Post
Hello, friends. I was banned from a site for asking this, and I'd love to actually get an answer, instead of a ban!

In the second "ALO" arc of SAO (I), Kirito accesses Heathcliff's admin credentials used in SAO through the Cardinal System.

In Episodes 6/7 of SAO II (The GGO Arc), Kirito uses what seems to be the "System Assist Mode" that Heathcliff uses in SAO to defeat Kirito and make him join the Knights of the Blood Oath. Is this what others have concluded, or am I just insane, seeing things that I want to see.
What do you mean with "Kirito using System Assist Mode"?
Do you mean the feature called "Bullet Line" in GGO where you see the path of bullets?
Or do you mean how Kirito could deflect almost every bullet?

Quote:
Also: In the "Yui" Arc, how does Kirito know the password for the GM account? When in the ALO arc, you have to have a keycard access token to access the system? They're still both working on the Cardinal System, as Akihiko Kayaba so bluntly points out at the end before he hands Kirito the "Seed".
Kirito doesn't know the password. Yui activatet that console and it was still open.
dylan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 20:39   Link #976
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
It's not the same. "System Assist" is a feature most VR games would have. Sword Skills are a form of System Assist. Aim-Prediction is another feature some shooter games might have, for those who've never used a gun.

What Kayaba used was a GM-only "System Over-Assist" that let him do more than the system would generally allow.

Quote:
First, about your first point here. Yui had logged into that console, and Kirito only used her account to do what he did. It would be like messing with a friend's account for keeping himself logged into some site on your computer.

The keycard in ALO exists for convenience. It's basically an admin credential in the form of an item, to make it easier for GMs and such to use, instead of confirming stuff constantly with passwords.
The Cardinal System doesn't account for how the administrative system works. The Cardinal System is an Administrator on its own.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 11:55   Link #977
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Oh ok. Cool. Idk which I like better.

Does he marry anyone in Underworld before escaping? Alice or Ronye/Ronie?
Spoiler for [from wn]nah it is just:
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 14:17   Link #978
Lady_Asuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Spoiler for [from wn]nah it is just:
Are you sure?
Old 2015-06-03, 04:28   Link #979
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Are you sure?
well, it depend on do you treat tge relationship between a king and a queen as marriage.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 20:41   Link #980
Lady_Asuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
well, it depend on do you treat tge relationship between a king and a queen as marriage.
They aren't king and queen in Underworld. Are they?

Tags
q&a