AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2008-12-03, 08:57   Link #821
TeresaFaintSmile
Bishou no Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
I doubt anyone would have dared to call them that =P
Claymore Manga Parody

Episode 1: "Riful's Rage"

Former Number #2 "AB": Aren't you the one they call "Spoiled Brat"?
Riful: W-W-What did you just called me!!??
#8 Beatrix: Oh no!, he shouldn't have said that!
#15 Criselda: *gulp* he'll be murdered...
#19 Rogar: Not even our superiors (the black cloaked organization guys)
dare to say that name.
Riful: Take this Ultra Mega Super Special Skill !!!

----And the awakened being (AB) was squashed like a pancake falling from above 1million meters.----

Episode 2 "Isley's Everyday Life"

Black Cloaked Organization Guy: You have a new quest Isley.
This time you'll be heading to the forest of
Crizhk and investigate a rather peculiar AB
activities there.
Now your teammates will be....

Isley: Would you give me the privilege to choose my own teammates?
Black Cloaked Organization Guy: It's your choice.
Isley: Hmmmm... now who would I choose?
#4 Rena: choose me!
#24 Lena: Don't choose her Isley-san choose me!
All Claymore Girls: No! Me! Me! Me!
#6 Kurusaki: SHUT-UP!! why are you all acting like this when it comes to
Isley!?
#31 Criselda: Are you blind? can't you see his hot!?
All Claymore Guys: Damn that Isley thinking his all cool!
#47 Marcus: why didn't my parents gave me a handsome face? *sniff* T_T

----Its really hard to be a handsome guy.----

Episode 3 "The Wonder Twins Gag"

A black cloaked organization guy wearing a hat was walking in the hallway when suddenly.... someone bumped into him.

Luciela: Oh sorry about that sir!
Black Cloaked Organization Guy: Didn't I told you not to run in the hallway!
Raphaela/Rafaela: Y-Yes Sir!
Black Cloaked Organization Guy: Now go to your room, class is about to
start!
Luciela & Raphaela/Rafaela: Yes Sir!

----The two of them ran into the room when suddenly....----

Black Cloaked Organization Guy: Wha-What the! where's my hat!?
Black Cloaked Organization Guy: Luciela, Raphaela/Rafaela !!

----The Black Cloaked Organization Guy rushed into the room.----

Black Cloaked Organization Guy: Luciela, Raphaela/Rafaela where's my
hat!?
Luciela: It wasn't me Raphaela/Rafaela did it!
Raphaela/Rafaela: No it wasn't me! she did it!
Black Cloaked Organization Guy: Just give it back or your both grounded!
#20 Christina: Sir~~ I saw Luciela hid it inside her desk!
Luciela & Raphaela/Rafaela: Your dead bitch

----After class...----

Luciela: Lets get it on bitch!
#20 Christina: Ahhh No!

----After Examination Day----

Black Cloaked Organization Guy: Once again our Wonder Twins got a
perfect grade!
#37 Marian: same as always...
#40 Max: *gossip* I heard a story that those two are cheating.
#37 Mirian: huh really?
Luciela: what are you two talking about?
#37 Mirian & #40 Max: oh nothing! nothing!
Raphaela/Rafaela: *talking to her self* I'm the one that should only got a
perfect grade... Luciela is just asking answers to me
telepathically...

----No wonder in the original manga version that Raphaela/Rafaela got her scar was because she's just a push-over and can't control Luciela's behavior or Luciela is just too Bossy? ----

END OF CLAYMORE PARODY

Other topic related thread links --> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...48848&page=143 &
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=46873&page=41

I have also made a fan made claymore manga ^_^

Link ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmNRc4rr2uM

Last edited by TeresaFaintSmile; 2008-12-03 at 09:45.
TeresaFaintSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 09:41   Link #822
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaFaintSmile View Post
This might be a weird question but did Isley, Riful, Luciela & Raphaela/Rafaela had a nickname back when they were still claymores?

It's awkward if they don't considering the fact that they were #1 or #2 in their claymore times.
surely a powerful claymores like them should have a nickname or alias if not then I will propose names for them.

Isley - Baby Face
Riful - Spoiled Brat
Luciela & Raphaela/Rafaela - The Wonder Twins

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Isley's nickname is "The Silver King" v9p113

The others we don't know. Riful's has to be something with Lolita in it though
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 09:52   Link #823
TeresaFaintSmile
Bishou no Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Isley's nickname is "The Silver King" v9p113

The others we don't know. Riful's has to be something with Lolita in it though

Forgive me about this but I think he only got that nickname "Silver King" when he was already an awakened being... he was called by that name because he lived & controls the northern region that was covered with snow and is the leader of their group thus he was called "Silver King"...."Snow King" would be a lame nickname lol... I wanna know about their past claymore nicknames... if there is....

Please correct me if my ideas were wrong....
Old 2008-12-03, 10:12   Link #824
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaFaintSmile View Post
Forgive me about this but I think he only got that nickname "Silver King" when he was already an awakened being... he was called by that name because he lived & controls the northern region that was covered with snow and is the leader of their group thus he was called "Silver King"...."Snow King" would be a lame nickname lol... I wanna know about their past claymore nicknames... if there is....

Please correct me if my ideas were wrong....
Rigaldo's nickname hasn't changed from claymore to awakened, so I figure Isley's wouldn't either. Besides - Isley's eyes will only be silver as long as he is a Claymore (ABs seem to revert to original color), so unless he got the name from his hair, it's probably his old Claymore name too.
Old 2008-12-05, 06:24   Link #825
TeresaFaintSmile
Bishou no Teresa

Quote:
so unless he got the name from his hair, it's probably his old Claymore name too.
You've got a point there, thanks ^_^
Old 2008-12-06, 02:56   Link #826
graywolf202

Hello guyz. First of, this is not related to Claymore but anyway, could you help me out? I've been looking for a anime pic that I lost. I trying to retrieve it, but I'm stuck. It shows:

- anime babe (probably nude, general color is white/light color)
- it's nude but not explicit (probably)
- that anime babe is lying chest down on top of a black bigbike (I think)
- the background is dark (possibly night)
- anime girl has dark/black hair

It's a bit embarrassing but could you please help me out. I've been looking for this for six years. SIX YEARS (the era of diskettes, I shouldn't have trusted those damn things).
Old 2008-12-06, 14:01   Link #827
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf202 View Post
Hello guyz. First of, this is not related to Claymore but anyway, could you help me out? I've been looking for a anime pic that I lost. I trying to retrieve it, but I'm stuck. It shows:

- anime babe (probably nude, general color is white/light color)
- it's nude but not explicit (probably)
- that anime babe is lying chest down on top of a black bigbike (I think)
- the background is dark (possibly night)
- anime girl has dark/black hair

It's a bit embarrassing but could you please help me out. I've been looking for this for six years. SIX YEARS (the era of diskettes, I shouldn't have trusted those damn things).
Well, the picture that popped into my mind immediately was from Tenjou Tenge for some reason. She's blonde though so I'm don't know if it's the right one. It's a black and white though - so maybe someone colored it [wrongly]. Can't think of any other art worth searching for 6 years for (since TT is monthly IIRC, chapter 35 would be about 6 or so years old...).

Last edited by Cyclone; 2008-12-06 at 16:11.
Old 2008-12-07, 00:20   Link #828
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Lol, I thought that was a joke question. Well, from the first anime I ever returned as a teenager for being to ecchi here's Golden Boy 5. There are other pics and one of them may be what you were looking for. She's from the episode "Balls to the Wall" according to wikipedia.
Spoiler for girl on bike:

As you are looking for an older image, that series is definitely old enough. It could also be any one of the Gantz covers which usually feature cg girls and bikes. I can understand though. Some images just stick with you forever. These ones stuck with me;
Spoiler for Akira:
Spoiler for Battle Chasers:
Old 2008-12-07, 01:52   Link #829
graywolf202

Thanks guys. The Tenjou Tenge and Balls to the Wall pic aint it though. Thanks anyway.

Here's more info. It's not much bu first encounter with picture was on Google Image Search "anime" + "girl" (I think). Being the web noob I was back then, I saved the thumbnail only. So I don't have the actual pic and I don't have details on that pic. A few days later (pathetic huh) I realized that you can click on those thumbnail, but then it was gone.

Oh, know any anime pic galleries I can look into?
Old 2008-12-07, 02:08   Link #830
graywolf202

Here's a schematic of what I remember. My memory is a bit fuzzy so there might be something off.

Old 2008-12-07, 02:22   Link #831
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Hmm... maybe a picture of Priss from the original Bubblegum crisis?
Any more information? Bike current day or futuristic?
My guess though it was probably something fan drawn and thus will be next to impossible to track down unless we figure out what series it's from. Try searching one of the anime databases to see if you can find the show - or at least a similar looking character so we can make beter guesses.
Old 2008-12-08, 08:23   Link #832
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf202 View Post
Here's a schematic of what I remember. My memory is a bit fuzzy so there might be something off.

i know this... i know this... but... but i can't seem to remember though. T.T darn it... now, the image going to stay in my head. >.<!!
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 19:48   Link #833
Supermutant

Quote:
Lol - I own the DVD, yet I just watched the dub for the first time on youtube. heh. Ah well - whatever.
Usually I prefer dubs so I don't have to watch the screen at all times. But that is some pretty crummy script reading. Disappointing.

Here's a stupid question. What's with the names? Did Yagi use European names for the Claymores originally or is that a feature of the language adaption?
Supermutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 20:59   Link #834
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermutant View Post
Here's a stupid question. What's with the names? Did Yagi use European names for the Claymores originally or is that a feature of the language adaption?
Yes, Yagi choose western names for the characters, and they have - in large part -- stayed unchanged. For example Clare is クレア whose pronounciation is KUREA (this kind of basterdization of english words in japanese is normal since japanese does not have as many consonants and those they do have must be followed by a vowel [1 exception].)

Irene's was changed slightly.
And there is some debate as to what we should do with a couple names: RUNE (could be the french pronouciation of Reneé), Rubel (which is probably 'Louvre') and Deitrich (since it's a boys name and all).

But on the whole, the names are pretty much unchanged.

As for liking dubs... well... get well soon
Old 2008-12-11, 21:16   Link #835
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Lol, it has been quite a while since NSW has been around here .

Well, no one asked this question, but I may have found an answer. Deneve's name might really be Deneb.

Deneb (α Cyg / α Cygni / Alpha Cygni) is the brightest star in the constellation Cygnus and one of the vertices of the Summer Triangle. It is the 19th brightest star in the night sky, with an apparent magnitude of 1.25. A white supergiant, Deneb is also one of the most luminous stars known. It is, or has been, known by a number of other traditional names, including Arided and Aridif, but today these are almost entirely forgotten.

Well, the katakana doesn't exactly match. The ヴ is a makeshift "V" sound as opposed to the "bu" sound but I thought it was an interesting thing to present and felt like sharing.
Old 2008-12-11, 23:31   Link #836
Walter
Wielder of paper-claymore

Send a message via MSN to Walter
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Well, no one asked this question, but I may have found an answer. Deneve's name might really be Deneb
I always assumed this too.
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 08:58   Link #837
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Lol, it has been quite a while since NSW has been around here .

Well, no one asked this question, but I may have found an answer. Deneve's name might really be Deneb.

Deneb (α Cyg / α Cygni / Alpha Cygni) is the brightest star in the constellation Cygnus and one of the vertices of the Summer Triangle. It is the 19th brightest star in the night sky, with an apparent magnitude of 1.25. A white supergiant, Deneb is also one of the most luminous stars known. It is, or has been, known by a number of other traditional names, including Arided and Aridif, but today these are almost entirely forgotten.

Well, the katakana doesn't exactly match. The ヴ is a makeshift "V" sound as opposed to the "bu" sound but I thought it was an interesting thing to present and felt like sharing.
It's possible, but as you say - the katakana does not match. Yagi explicitly choose and went out of his way to use the 'v' sound as opposed to 'bu'. If it was the other way around and he used 'bu' instead, then either reading would be acceptable, but not 'v' to 'bu'.
Besides, I like the name Deneve.
Old 2008-12-12, 12:17   Link #838
the.green.type

How many Claymore volumes?

So I just saw all 26 episodes of Claymore in three days' time and MAN, I gotta say, what a crappy job they did adapting the manga to anime. I am way more pleased reading the manga (another marathon job) and as I quickly move toward the latest volume I've been able to find (86), I wanted to ask if anyone knows what the last volume will be. I read somewhere that there will be 90. Could someone confirm/refute/expand on this?
Two more questions: One, any suggestions as to what thread I should go to VENT about what a horrible spit-in-the-face conclusion they gave to the anime?? If it weren't for the manga I would have gone bonkers with frustration. Two, any good recommendations for any action, mystery and/or just plain interesting or thought-provoking animes out there with a planned-out plot and an ending that makes sense and lets me sleep at night??? Seriously, good art, animation and plot and character development are crucial for good anime, but bad endings really give me a lot of grief!!
the.green.type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 12:38   Link #839
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.green.type View Post
So I just saw all 26 episodes of Claymore in three days' time and MAN, I gotta say, what a crappy job they did adapting the manga to anime. I am way more pleased reading the manga (another marathon job) and as I quickly move toward the latest volume I've been able to find (86), I wanted to ask if anyone knows what the last volume will be. I read somewhere that there will be 90. Could someone confirm/refute/expand on this?
Two more questions: One, any suggestions as to what thread I should go to VENT about what a horrible spit-in-the-face conclusion they gave to the anime?? If it weren't for the manga I would have gone bonkers with frustration. Two, any good recommendations for any action, mystery and/or just plain interesting or thought-provoking animes out there with a planned-out plot and an ending that makes sense and lets me sleep at night??? Seriously, good art, animation and plot and character development are crucial for good anime, but bad endings really give me a lot of grief!!
86 volumes, I think you mean 86 chapters. There will also be a lot more than 90 chapters as the story is not even close to finished. Actually right now we are on volume 16. I hope this helps.
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 13:27   Link #840
the.green.type

Chapters it is then Thanks, btw - I guess I'll just have to be patient...!
the.green.type is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a