AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 35 31.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 19.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 25.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 11.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.90%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-16, 13:48   Link #81
BakaOnna

Very enjoyable first episode.

But I agree with some of the comments about the art. It's really... shiny. And the eyes effect is rather strange.
Old 2009-03-18, 16:17   Link #82
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well this episode was great stuff in all of it's fanservicey glory. Not only did it spare no expense in offering glimpses of the girls in swimsuits (Rika and Satoko were especially alluring), but it also offered crazy manliness and over the top action of the variety that is normally found in a super robot series. Plus it actually made me laugh (aside from the perv-squad which I found rather cliche), which is no small feat for an anime nowadays.

I'm going to have to agree with everyone who thought the new opening was fantastic too. I find it blends a lot of styles on top of being just plain catchy and enjoyable to listen too so it's a succes on both the technical and playability level. The enjoy was pretty chill too.

I was wondering how exactly they were going to continue the whole story when I heard about Rei and thought it was just an attempt to cash in, but now I'm really enjoying it and see that it's mostly an attempt to have fun with the characters.....well for the most part since next episode looks serious again. I hope I don't have to see the end of the Higurashi universe anytime soon as long as they can keep coming up with fresh universes for it.....which given the nature of the series shouldn't really be much of a problem.
Old 2009-03-29, 16:12   Link #83
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I gave a 8 because I was more hoping for a storyline rather then Fanservice. It was nothing that special, but it is Higurashi after all. ^^
Old 2009-03-31, 19:33   Link #84
bernkastel51113
kakera traveler

I was expecting something with too much fanservice but it wasn't that bad. It's good that they choose to start with something funny for those ova.

Old 2009-04-02, 02:11   Link #85
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

rena look hawter in the ova! woo
Old 2009-04-02, 14:33   Link #86
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Rena is so awesome. LOL.
Old 2009-04-04, 10:29   Link #87
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Great OVA, tons of hilarious moments, like...
The grand entrance of the Heavenly Kings of Darkness!
Hanyu time-stopping Keiichi for the sake of cream puffs
Nipa~
It's needle time!
Bullets are no match for his MANLY CHEST!
Old 2009-04-09, 17:08   Link #88
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spring Break here in my country, and what better way to spend it but watching Rika, Satoko, Mion, Rena, Shion, Takano, and Chie-sensei in two-pieces bikini or full swimsuit glory!

Blessed are we for our eyes having been graced by the beautiful goddesses of Hinamizawa.

Spoiler for The truth about the swim trunks conspiracy:
Old 2009-04-09, 19:49   Link #89
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler for The truth about the swim trunks conspiracy:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Since the first Higurashi season, I knew'd all along that Mion actually harbors feeling for Keiichi, and the first Rei OVA episode clearly exposed at.
I don't see how that's a revelation, considering that fact had been blatantly obvious since at least Watanagashi-hen.
Old 2009-04-09, 20:05   Link #90
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mion always has something prepared for punishement games.

Rena had slightly more perverted thoughts than usual. Or perhaps it was just more obvious this time.

I still think Rika is the most perverted one of the group. She's get some twisted thoughts this time around. Some of it might just be because she knows everyone so well and knows who Mion likes and all that she comes off as knowing way more about relationships than she should and seems to enjoy teasing about the sexual tension from time to time.
Old 2009-04-10, 03:15   Link #91
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Agreed. However what she had prepared were the swan trunks, not the magical trunks whose existence she seemed to be unaware of.

Quote:
Rena had slightly more perverted thoughts than usual. Or perhaps it was just more obvious this time.
I'd say it's because it fit with the nature of the episode.

Quote:
I still think Rika is the most perverted one of the group. She's get some twisted thoughts this time around. Some of it might just be because she knows everyone so well and knows who Mion likes and all that she comes off as knowing way more about relationships than she should and seems to enjoy teasing about the sexual tension from time to time.
I think this might be due to boredom. She wants to see a weird situation develop as it would help break the monotony of her life.
Old 2009-04-10, 03:38   Link #92
Ferny
:D

I gave it a 8. XD One word: FANSERVICE.

I love how Rena was being all perverted, and agreeing with what Guido said, I do think that some of the stuff that happened was planned by Mion. *is shot for being totally obsessed with KeiiMii pairing*

And then agreeing with Ithekro, Rika is really the most perverted. (I would think so because she is mentally older than anyone else, as she always knew what was going on from arc to arc, so of course she'd be the one to think more about that kinda stuff than anyone else.) Then again, Rena and Mion would be tied for second-most perverted. (Or maybe Keiichi, after seeing this episode. XD)
Old 2009-04-10, 03:45   Link #93
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny View Post
And then agreeing with Ithekro, Rika is really the most perverted. (I would think so because she is mentally older than anyone else, as she always knew what was going on from arc to arc, so of course she'd be the one to think more about that kinda stuff than anyone else.) Then again, Rena and Mion would be tied for second-most perverted. (Or maybe Keiichi, after seeing this episode. XD)
We have already been given the list of top perverts:
5) Ichirou Maebara
4) Kyosuke Irie
3) Rena Ryuuguu
2) Oryou Sonozaki
1) Rika Furude
Old 2009-04-10, 03:55   Link #94
Ferny
:D

I'm sorry of this is the wrong place to ask, but besides Rei 1 and Kai 24, I've only watched the first season 1-5 and played through the first game, so can I ask: Who is Ichirou Maebara and Oryou Sonozaki?
Old 2009-04-10, 03:58   Link #95
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
I'm sorry of this is the wrong place to ask, but besides Rei 1 and Kai 24, I've only watched the first season 1-5 and played through the first game, so can I ask: Who is Ichirou Maebara and Oryou Sonozaki?
Ichirou is Keiichi's dad, Oryou is Shmion's grandmother.
Old 2009-04-10, 08:35   Link #96
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
besides Rei 1 and Kai 24, I've only watched the first season 1-5 and played through the first game
So what you're saying is, you've managed to ruin at least half of both series by watching Kai 24.

That aside, Ichirou Maebara is rather ominous (only actually seen for 2 minutes in episode 18 of Kai). Oryou Sonozaki shows up a lot for a minor character, almost as much as Ooshi (almost).
Old 2009-04-13, 10:22   Link #97
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:

There is/was a lot of echi material and dialogs left over from the games, some talks about rika prostition are in the tips. Riak owes mion some one and she tells keichi and satoko how mion told her she was going to sell her to a brothel, she does so using slang so satoko does not understand.
Old 2009-04-16, 18:57   Link #98
Dante_Sword

The OVA was well suited
What I do not like is that hitting the arch fanservice this makes things somewhat incoherent
Old 2009-05-03, 02:40   Link #99
qwertyuiopz

awesome intro!
Old 2009-05-10, 23:41   Link #100
topboy
poor man

8 for fanservice
0 for horror
6 for overall

I never want fanservice from higurashi. All I want is someone kill others.
Closed Thread