AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-08-14, 05:16   Link #1021
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
So? Tanks can do any job by a mech a lot better even with manual targetting or a bigger caliber cannon to take out those close up mechs. Go to the Spacebattles forum and be re-eduacted.
I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
That's always been their explanation since 1979. Whether you agree with it or not is another matter.
I only pointed out that they explained it. I don't give a horse's ass whether tanks do better or not.

Though First Gundam shows plenty of tanks getting slaughtered by mobile suits anyhow.
Old 2007-08-14, 05:24   Link #1022
duckroll
綺羅星★!

No love for the brave Guntanks? T_T
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 05:39   Link #1023
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No love for the brave Guntanks? T_T
*Remembers 5 Guntanks vs. 1 Gouf Custom in 08th MS Team*

Nope.

Good point though. Guntanks might as well be a natural progression of the modern tank.
Old 2007-08-14, 05:45   Link #1024
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Yeah.

The name is Daybreak's Bell
great thx for the info
Old 2007-08-14, 07:43   Link #1025
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post
I hope this will work for you then.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0dtvmxcrooy

I don't really like the song so far... maybe it'll grow on me when a longer version is out or when I see it with the OP. :\
guess is different taste....i more of r & B , hip hop , rock kind of person...so ...hell yea......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 10:29   Link #1026
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
*Remembers 5 Guntanks vs. 1 Gouf Custom in 08th MS Team*

Nope.

Good point though. Guntanks might as well be a natural progression of the modern tank.
Actually I imagined Hidolfr more the natural progression of a modern tank.

A giant super fast highly armoured tank that can equip weapons as it needs and sprout arms.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 16:36   Link #1027
Icehawk

The Hildolfr was probably the most intelligently designed vehicle in just about any Gundam universe I've seen. However, that being said, even it was highly flawed by the very nature of it sprouting that unnecessary torso and arms as cool as it may have been. The Hildolfr didnt even NEED to do that if all its purpose was to equip its other weapon. It could have easily had that heavy machine gun or any other weapon systems already equipped externally or even hidden internally on a smaller less complex system that could expose itself just as well without causing a massive increase in the vehicles target profile. All it really did when you get down to it was make itself an even easier target to hit buy sprouting that torso and arms.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 17:36   Link #1028
4Tran

Technically, the best design is the OMNI Linear Tank. It's a shame that Sunrise had to invoke the standard tank treatment for it in Stargazer.
Old 2007-08-14, 17:41   Link #1029
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
The Hildolfr was probably the most intelligently designed vehicle in just about any Gundam universe I've seen. However, that being said, even it was highly flawed by the very nature of it sprouting that unnecessary torso and arms as cool as it may have been. The Hildolfr didnt even NEED to do that if all its purpose was to equip its other weapon. It could have easily had that heavy machine gun or any other weapon systems already equipped externally or even hidden internally on a smaller less complex system that could expose itself just as well without causing a massive increase in the vehicles target profile. All it really did when you get down to it was make itself an even easier target to hit buy sprouting that torso and arms.
Although that is true I thought there was an actual merit to sprouting arms, for one thing as a self righting mechanism.

The whole sprouting arms business in the end was pretty much due to one useful and one silly reason, it made it compattible with existing standard weaponry...and because they just thought it'd be cool.

In the end Hidolfr in its base form was one of the most practical and coolest looking things all round. Its size was perfectly justifiable by the large calibur cannon it packed and the multiple types of ammunition it could use. Plus theres nothing wrong with a high speed tank even for that size. Speed is always a good thing and it was on treads.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 17:56   Link #1030
Icehawk

Quote:
Technically, the best design is the OMNI Linear Tank. It's a shame that Sunrise had to invoke the standard tank treatment for it in Stargazer.
Ahh yeah, forgot about that one . Honestly, if those things would have been firing some proper anti armor munitions instead of that HE stuff and didnt have have gunners that couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, they could have easily dealt with that Zaku ripoff they were fighting. That thing was huge and not particularily fast moving amungst all the buildings, any competant tank gunner should have been able to peg that thing from several kms easy. Edmond Du Clos seemed to be coordinating the tanks fine but they just couldnt aim worth crap for no other reason but plot device. If they were using proper anti armor rounds like APFSDS he wouldnt have needed to expose himself and get so close and then have to burnout his canon with a 3 round burst of HE shells.

Last edited by Icehawk; 2007-08-14 at 21:01.
Old 2007-08-14, 20:55   Link #1031
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Although that is true I thought there was an actual merit to sprouting arms, for one thing as a self righting mechanism.
It already has a far superior self righting and even self defense mechanism in the form of those much stronger and practical hydrolic shovel arms. Heck the pilot didnt even bother trying to fight off the last Zaku with the normal arms when they were already out and instead activated and used the hydrolic shovel arms to smack the zaku off him.
Old 2007-08-16, 09:14   Link #1032
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Here are the lyrics from the teaser (based on what I hear). It's probably going to be a poetic song, judging by the one line...

この思いを運んで
あの空を飛んでく
未来は誰にも打ち落とせない

kono omoi wo hakonde
ano sora wo tondeku
mirai wa darenimo uchiotosenai

I'm carrying these feelings
and flying in that sky
Nobodya can get me down (literally "No one can shoot the future down")
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 00:47   Link #1033
Honey_and_Cleaver

The gundams look like they have something sticking out of their buts. That looks really painful once the gundam lands on his ass. Although the gundam looks more flexible, but they loose that mechanical retro style to a more slick and futuristic neon genesis style. Only Kyrios looks like a kick ass gundam and Virtue looks like the ugliest box like robot.

I dont like the mobile suits, they look skinny like sticks. Really ugly compare to the classic Zaku and Gin. But its a change, but it still looks really ugly. Feels to me that the designer rushed after the 3rd gundam. Then the rest look bad.

I dont see the point in putting 4 pilots, the main protagonist would still be the Exion pilot.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 05:33   Link #1034
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
I dont like the mobile suits, they look skinny like sticks. Really ugly compare to the classic Zaku and Gin. But its a change, but it still looks really ugly. Feels to me that the designer rushed after the 3rd gundam. Then the rest look bad.
The Gundams and the enemy mobile suits are all designed by different people, actually.
Old 2007-08-17, 17:13   Link #1035
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I think they look all right... but then, I think that the best mech designs came out of Zone of the Enders (game versions of Jehuty and Anubis specifically - I never watched the anime version). I still appreciate the bulkier appearence of the more traditional Gundam designs, though.
Old 2007-08-17, 17:22   Link #1036
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
The Gundams and the enemy mobile suits are all designed by different people, actually.
I think that can be a good thing becasue then everything doesn't look so similar between the good guy suits and the bad guy suits . . . . . but then again if you like a certian style and someone does half of the suits differently then that can be bad.

Quote:
I have to agree, while I don't like the design of them, once I see them in action I may change my mind.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 23:03   Link #1037
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Gundam 00 prize merchandise

GA Graphic has pics of Banpresto prize merchandise coming in September:
Special Creative Models (Gundam Excia coming in early 2008)
Sumeragi Ri Noriega character figure and keyholders
Assembled Collection Figures

Frm Gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 07:33   Link #1038
monster

Has this been posted?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 07:43   Link #1039
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Okay, from what I could see, the Gundams could fly with those cones on their backs.
(Or maybe the Gundam was just jumping really high and fast...)
Obviously the flying mechanism is completed fictitious, but you could say the same thing with most "flying" CE gundams. At the very least, the 00 people decided to ditch the useless wings.

Oh, and what looks like fighterplanes appear to still be in service. I wonder if they still use jet-fuel, or some sort of synthetic replacement?
Old 2007-08-18, 08:08   Link #1040
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I'm pretty sure those "fighter planes" are just the transformed versions of the mechs.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers