AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-10, 02:52   Link #1721
ReddyRedWolf

Wait if Touma-Mikoto is considered a Not-Date do we consider this a Mikoto-Kongou Not-Date?

Oh the elusive Queen... Drills! Golden Drills!

Wouldn't it be funny if she already met Touma before his amnesia.

Oh since the sparkly type isn't Mikoto type then it means somebody with an aura of "misfortune" is her type.
Old 2011-05-10, 03:59   Link #1722
zaeraal

I just hope he will return back and continue with angel fall, unabara, sherill, arts and science stories. Because if not, he will start with remnant arc, which was already COMPLETLY portrayed from misaka side in novel vol 8 and animated in index season 2 and now having the same thing in manga will be boring to tears. Autor won't be able to skip it because it explains, why kuroko is in wheelchair during Daihesai and adds development to Misaka character. I was already gnashing my teeth during the last part of sister arc, which was already in index manga, index novel, index anime and to the fact that a single punch to face took 4 chapters - 35,36,37,38 (i don't even want to imagine how long will take punching a falling house). The only interesting part was maybe accel history. To make remmnant arc into manga it will take.. uh 1 chapter introduction, 1 chapter meeting with awaki, 1 chapter - kuroko goes to help misaka, starts to fight with awaki, 1 chapters - fight with awaki, 1 chapter - accel beating her (maybe again something new with his past), 1 chapter - conclusion/epilogue (it's a must). So in the best case: 6 chapters, aka 6 months if kamachi does not take break again, with nothing new. I don't know if i would be able to hold on for that long. (Maybe kamachi has a writer's block and is unable to write any new story he so will be recycling already said stories.)
Old 2011-05-10, 03:59   Link #1723
pikachuwei

The queen looks like Mami <3
Old 2011-05-10, 04:04   Link #1724
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

That is, of course, assuming that is actually her.
Old 2011-05-10, 04:17   Link #1725
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Beautiful.
Seeing Misaka making an impression with her Railgun again was beautiful.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2011-05-10, 04:37   Link #1726
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal
(Maybe kamachi has a writer's block and is unable to write any new story he so will be recycling already said stories.)
Writer's Block is still something unknown to him actually. It is more not having much choice in the the matter.
What can you do? You can't just skip arcs important for Mikoto and you can't be too creative in order to not contradict Index storyline (Anime doesn't give a BEEP about it so they are more liberal in this regard). There will probably be few more original arcs but most of them will still need to be expanded versions of old arcs. Mikoto is not unimportant enough in Index to allow you to create many original arcs.
Old 2011-05-10, 05:14   Link #1727
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Writer's Block is still something unknown to him actually. It is more not having much choice in the the matter.
What can you do? You can't just skip arcs important for Mikoto and you can't be too creative in order to not contradict Index storyline (Anime doesn't give a BEEP about it so they are more liberal in this regard). There will probably be few more original arcs but most of them will still need to be expanded versions of old arcs. Mikoto is not unimportant enough in Index to allow you to create many original arcs.
That's a writer's block if he can't get creative enough to make original arcs not based on already told events, that wont contradict with index storyline (and a big note here - mikoto is not the only character in railgun). Just look at the fanfics if you don't believe me, there are tons of good stories that can go well with the original storyline (most autors probably want to make it do so). The time is not a problem, because there a lot of uncovered days even in index, for example 7.9. - 13.9. and note Touma in index did most of his fights in less than a 24h (notably - deep blood, sherill, orsola, daihasei, La Regina del Mare Adriatico arcs and others later)
Old 2011-05-10, 05:46   Link #1728
Ashaman

Why are you talking about writers block when a new and original (mini?)arc focused on Kongo seems like its just begun?
Old 2011-05-10, 05:55   Link #1729
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Why are you talking about writers block when a new and original (mini?)arc focused on Kongo seems like its just begun?
I never mentioned this mini arc with Kongo, i was refering to a possible continuation into remnant arc, which will be only retelling of already said story.
Old 2011-05-10, 06:18   Link #1730
tsunade666

but if you didn't show remnant arc then it's probably good to not show the daihaseisai.
Old 2011-05-10, 07:15   Link #1731
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

It's a pity, I was really looking forward to Liberal Arts City arc, well this is a monthly manga. It probably would have taken forever to do.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-05-10, 07:28   Link #1732
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I'm the only one who thinks the art is very similar to Obata Takeshi's?
Old 2011-05-10, 07:30   Link #1733
tsunade666

obata takeshi? what's that -_-
Old 2011-05-10, 07:42   Link #1734
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
obata takeshi? what's that -_-
A very famous manga artist. You know, he drew Death Note, Ral Grad and Bakuman?
Old 2011-05-10, 07:50   Link #1735
Shadow5YA

Personally, with the artist in charge of this series I wouldn't mind a repeat of Index story arcs anyway. Crazy Accelerator was amazing.

Also, the Sisters arc was in Index and most of it was still original material. I'm sure Kamachi can do this same for this arc and the Remnant/Awaki arc.
Old 2011-05-10, 08:45   Link #1736
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
A very famous manga artist. You know, he drew Death Note, Ral Grad and Bakuman?
ah okay now I understand

I'm familiar with the works but not on the author.

I don't mind the remnant arc being shown in the railgun manga.
Old 2011-05-10, 11:47   Link #1737
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
I just hope he will return back and continue with angel fall, unabara, sherill, arts and science stories. Because if not, he will start with remnant arc, which was already COMPLETLY portrayed from misaka side in novel vol 8 and animated in index season 2 and now having the same thing in manga will be boring to tears.
Actually it is the opposite, the Index novel eated up many parts about Misaka, for example how she got the info, some Awaki vs Misaka fights and what was Misaka doing while Kuroko was fighting (though, except for the fights they are not terribly important facts). Even Kuroko & Uiharu's (& even Accelerator's) parts can easily be extended.

If they did skip towards the remnant, then it's too bad, I wanted to see and extended post reaction to Touma's promise with [The Aztec Magician]... Then again, if it's played right that can also be shown in the remnant arc.
Old 2011-05-10, 12:32   Link #1738
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

After reading the chapter, my impression is that this is just to bring in Kongou into the Railgun manga story, it's not entirely impossible for the anime to show it, but with slight changes. Most noticeable is that Misaka has already met Kongou, but Kongou still don't know that Mikoto is the Tokiwadai Ace. Problem is how they would show the next few chapters- would it be Kongou all the way as she tries to fit into Tokiwadai and/or start to form her own faction... If it's the latter then it wouldnt be too hard to animate, if it's the former then they might skip it altogether.
Old 2011-05-11, 06:00   Link #1739
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I'd like to see the Remnant arc because the artist's work here is GODLY.
Old 2011-05-25, 02:52   Link #1740
zaeraal

Some spoilers are out already from chapter 41:
Spoiler for images:

The name of the queen was revealed - Shokuhou Misaki
From the images she looks like a "mischievous" person (if that is the correct expression to describe it), I expected more of a psycho character, considering her ability.

If in the first image (that one with hospital scene) is Kuroko, then even remnant was skipped.

Quite sad that autor decided to cut off Kuroko, Uiharu, Saten from any possible involvements, I really get to like their characters.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen