AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2021-12-30, 20:49   Link #34761
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Tamamo actually fulfills the criteria for Grand Caster too btw. WHich makes me wonder: How many tails would a Grand Graph manage to contain

E:
When is the Gemini Banner up on US btw? To brace my credit card...
I don't think Tamamo has clairvoyance the one skill we know is required for grand caster.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 05:03   Link #34762
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

New Mystic Code, new title screen and a cameo of someone we know. Epilogue ending the year with a bang, since
Spoiler:

Tunguska Sanctuary event was okay I guess. Seems like a mixed bag from reactions. I like the bait and switch about Koyanskaya but I can understand why others feel disappointed with it. That and Arcade getting more juicy stuff with Babylon.
Didn't manage to farm on the 3rd raid and only did about 20 runs on the 90++ Beast IV raid. I appreciated the QP but farming Beast IV can be tedious since there was a chance to get stunned and ruin the run.

Now to wait for the special and New Year.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 05:56   Link #34763
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I missed the event overall. Still stuck with Kenurros battle and I had not much time to play this month.

Let's hope for interesting announcments on NY. And I wonder, who will be a new Servant on JP this time.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 08:28   Link #34764
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Anyone knows when is the today JP stream? I though it should have started already.
Old 2021-12-31, 08:37   Link #34765
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

It's already 35 minutes in. The Case Files episode is being aired.
Old 2021-12-31, 08:44   Link #34766
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Strange. Do they not stream on YT this time?
Old 2021-12-31, 08:54   Link #34767
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

It's a TV special. It's airing on TV. It's on NicoNico too and Abema. I'm watching with different means.
Old 2021-12-31, 09:06   Link #34768
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I'll watch TV special for later but there also should be an actual strteam with NY FGO campaign and Type Moon related announcments for 2022. I could restore my Nico Nco accaount but I would have prefer a re-stream.
Old 2021-12-31, 10:01   Link #34769
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

New Servant. Foreigner Koyanskaya of Darkness.
Also, new spark system getting implemented. You'll get the pickup Servant after 330 pulls or 900 quartz.
GSSR is divided by NP card and class as well.
Case Files Rerun mid January.
Old 2021-12-31, 10:04   Link #34770
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Also LB7 in February it seems.
Old 2021-12-31, 10:34   Link #34771
GDB

Note that if you roll the pickup Servant on the 329th roll, all the pity is wasted as you can't spark once you roll it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Also LB7 in February it seems.
No, just 2022. The only date they gave was Case Files rerun in January.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 10:52   Link #34772
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Got a bunch of Servants like Helena, Percival and Nitocris from 20 tickets and 180 quartz but no Koya. Bought quartz for GSSR and rolled in Cavalry Quick coz I only had MHXA so I had a high chance to get a new Servant as I don't have MHX, Kama, Okuni and Maid Alter. I got Kama in there, she finally arrived in my JP account.
Then I rolled the leftovers quartz again and finally got Koya Dark.

Happy New Year everyone!!
Old 2021-12-31, 10:55   Link #34773
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Note that if you roll the pickup Servant on the 329th roll, all the pity is wasted as you can't spark once you roll it.

No, just 2022. The only date they gave was Case Files rerun in January.
Ok, they showed 2 in the announcment, so I got confused.

Only got Reines from guaranteeed gatcha (I actully wanted her as Twins do not seem to be in the list) and another D'On (a bunch of CEs do not count). OK.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-12-31 at 11:21.
Old 2021-12-31, 12:09   Link #34774
GDB

The 2-7 is basically saying Arc 2, Chapter 7.
Old 2021-12-31, 12:49   Link #34775
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The upside: I have FINALLY gotten Muramasa, so that's the OG Stay Night who are reunited, well until Kirei. And I got Dark Tamavitch with just the tickets.

The downside: the pity system is bad, it somehow managed to be worse than the already infamous Korea gachas. And I speak as one who play King of Fighters All Star.
Old 2021-12-31, 15:05   Link #34776
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I don't think Tamamo has clairvoyance the one skill we know is required for grand caster.
Actually she does, at least as a nine tails. Her Mirror can also be used for clairvoyance, so she technically has it even now. It's just unknown how many tails she needs to have it without the mirror.

Also the only one who is almost on Amaterasu's own level (apparently slightly weaker?).
The question is more if the counterforce would want to take the risk creating something beast like to fight her.

As for where I got that information: Basically a translation of CCC, depending on how accurate that translation was, it's not even really clear the Fox we see there is actually Amaterasu rather than just nine-tails Tamamo.

There are enough points for that fox to be either or, the name is censored the entire time, and she does introduce herself as "your dear caster.". Tamamo later also says something like "You are such a yandere, past me.", which is another thing that makes it unclear.

It all boils down how accurate the translation attempt was, but to me, it looks like people presumed it's Amaterasu merely because one sentence was that normally, one would only see a sun.

It only matters slightly in the end though, as Tamamo technically is Amaterasu.

One of the things nine tails tamamo can do is not only look into the future, but also actively pull things through space time.

---
Back to LB 5.
The whole thing with Orion getting stronger after abiding his Grand position made very little sense to me. From what we know from Solomon, he should be stronger while still being the Grand, not by abandoning the position.

WHich makes me wonder how you can even abide that position when it's, lie some people have suggested, that there are different Grand Archers, depending on circumstances.

The whole keeping your identity secret on the video streams kinda makes me think that it's probably Emiya. I can totally see him somehow making it through to Olympus, against all odds. On the other hand, it's probably just going to be Euryale

I'd also like to know if the Odysseus Lostbelt Odysseus defeated was actually an Archer too, he still kinda planted a trojan horse there though. (As did Jason and Charlotte).

Or Odysseus was in fact that Archer from the transmissions, and then perished against his nano-machine modified counter part. The only other option I can think of is... Moriarty...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-31, 16:24   Link #34777
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Actually she does, at least as a nine tails. Her Mirror can also be used for clairvoyance, so she technically has it even now. It's just unknown how many tails she needs to have it without the mirror.

Also the only one who is almost on Amaterasu's own level (apparently slightly weaker?).
The question is more if the counterforce would want to take the risk creating something beast like to fight her.

As for where I got that information: Basically a translation of CCC, depending on how accurate that translation was, it's not even really clear the Fox we see there is actually Amaterasu rather than just nine-tails Tamamo.

There are enough points for that fox to be either or, the name is censored the entire time, and she does introduce herself as "your dear caster.". Tamamo later also says something like "You are such a yandere, past me.", which is another thing that makes it unclear.

It all boils down how accurate the translation attempt was, but to me, it looks like people presumed it's Amaterasu merely because one sentence was that normally, one would only see a sun.

It only matters slightly in the end though, as Tamamo technically is Amaterasu.

One of the things nine tails tamamo can do is not only look into the future, but also actively pull things through space time.

---
Back to LB 5.
The whole thing with Orion getting stronger after abiding his Grand position made very little sense to me. From what we know from Solomon, he should be stronger while still being the Grand, not by abandoning the position.

WHich makes me wonder how you can even abide that position when it's, lie some people have suggested, that there are different Grand Archers, depending on circumstances.

The whole keeping your identity secret on the video streams kinda makes me think that it's probably Emiya. I can totally see him somehow making it through to Olympus, against all odds. On the other hand, it's probably just going to be Euryale

I'd also like to know if the Odysseus Lostbelt Odysseus defeated was actually an Archer too, he still kinda planted a trojan horse there though. (As did Jason and Charlotte).

Or Odysseus was in fact that Archer from the transmissions, and then perished against his nano-machine modified counter part. The only other option I can think of is... Moriarty...
Orion burned his Grand position the same way Hassan did to sever Tiamats authority. The Grands have some kind of overload function that let's them step beyond what they could normally do in exchange for their position.
Old 2021-12-31, 23:45   Link #34778
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The downside: the pity system is bad, it somehow managed to be worse than the already infamous Korea gachas. And I speak as one who play King of Fighters All Star.
I mean, the pity system is bad, but as the game as been chugging along without a pity system this whole time (the Saint Graphs do not count), this is nothing but excellent news.

And in another year, they might reduce the counter. Just wish they displayed the counter on the screen.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-01, 13:19   Link #34779
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Orion burned his Grand position the same way Hassan did to sever Tiamats authority. The Grands have some kind of overload function that let's them step beyond what they could normally do in exchange for their position.
Which would make more sense if Orion were actually strong enough to begin with. Compared to the other Grands we've seen.

With a Grand glyph you should actually be able to blast through regular servants. (As seen with Solomon vs Mordred). Yet, Orion wasn't really on Grand level at any point before he threw the title away.

In fact, Zerkules could have done everything Orion did in his regular Berserker Glyph and easily shred through those Cerberi too(k, he had legend advantage over them too, but that aside). So basically, Caldea, again, had really bad luck of going there after Herc fell, if we still had Herc when we arrived the Losbelt would have been a walk in the park, AND, he could have shot the bow as he was too.

---
On another note: What's the story behind Odysseus having his mecha-suit in proper human history too? Kinda makes no sense, when there are no nanomachines

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-01, 22:21   Link #34780
GDB

Quote:
With a Grand glyph you should actually be able to blast through regular servants. (As seen with Solomon vs Mordred).
Reminder, that was Goetia pretending to be Grand Caster. We have yet to see Grand Caster. We know a few candidates, but have only seen Archer, Lancer, Assassin, and Rider (arcade).

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon