AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-17, 16:29   Link #81
luckyssol

I find it extremely annoying that we were 2 seconds away from learning his real name then he dies.
Old 2009-10-17, 22:55   Link #82
maya-nee
Spectator

Maybe in Ep 6 of the game, it will be revealed ^^
Old 2009-10-26, 08:40   Link #83
Bureiku

oh uhhh just wondering when thinking of furniture in the umineko sence anyone else imagine beauty and the beast
Old 2009-10-26, 10:11   Link #84
Kitsu
The unlucky one

No~, Bureiku know I have that image of Kanon as the little tea cup in my had. Looks the same but is emo... but yeah I had the thought as well after watching some Disney movies recently. (the animation is so smooth and the storys are lovels and teach the kids something...I mean what happened to my Disney I grew up with ToT)
Old 2009-10-26, 11:10   Link #85
ameskitty
Kupo

I'm more reminded of a slightly ironic and non-traditional Adam and Eve. What exactly Ryuukishi intends to do with it or what it means in the context of a lot of other symbolism I'm not sure. But that's just me .

(off-topic, but yeah, I agree, Disney really needs to get back to making animated classics. Definitely excited for Princess and the Frog )

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-10-26, 11:15   Link #86
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I'm more reminded of a slightly ironic and non-traditional Adam and Eve. What exactly Ryuukishi intends to do with it or what it means in the context of a lot of other symbolism I'm not sure. But that's just me .
Care to explain..I don't really get the Adam and Eve thing?

Quote:
(off-topic, but yeah, I agree, Disney really needs to get back to making animated classics. Definitely excited for Princess and the Frog )
Gonna watch that one in a cinema with ma friends...will be pretty embarrasing considering my age but oh well
Old 2009-10-26, 11:54   Link #87
ameskitty
Kupo

Well, I might just be seeing something in nothing . But I'll give an overly dramatic explanation.

They're forbidden from falling in love (the fruit on the tree), and then Shannon is tempted by Beatrice and chooses to go after George. Kanon tries to stop her but he's realizing that he's falling in love himself as Shannon tells him all the wonderful things about her new life. He keeps denying it and trying to get Shannon forgiven but all to no avail, as knowing love their life outlook has totally changed and they can no longer return to being emotionless furniture. The ironic part, I think, is that Kanon's the unhappy one while Shannon seems rather unaffected (minus just plain being in love).

Hopefully that makes a little sense.

(there is no shame in loving Disney movies, by the way, I will unapologetically go to every Pixar or animated film ever released until the day I die . Unless they start sucking, too of course)

Old 2009-11-05, 17:26   Link #88
Chishio no Hana

Kanon is my absolute favorite character in Umineko. I really want to know his real name >.< I also want to know what Kinzo would think if Kanon became head of the Ushiromiya family...
Old 2009-11-05, 19:44   Link #89
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I don't think Kinzo will care...he made the rules.
Old 2009-11-05, 19:50   Link #90
Chishio no Hana

true... but apparently Kinzo praises Kanon very high..

does anyone have any ideas for what Kanon's past was like before he went to the orphanage? I personally think that it was all of Kanon's life put together that created the furniture complex...
Old 2009-11-06, 12:00   Link #91
ameskitty
Kupo

Agreed, Kinzo wouldn't really care.... He's kind of stuck in loony-land.

Natsuhi's the one you have to worry about, trust me XD. (even Krauss seems to think he's a pretty good kid)

And no, we don't know what his past was like yet. I'm guessing that'll be covered in EP 6, maybe 7 if we're not as lucky XD.

Old 2009-11-06, 14:38   Link #92
Chishio no Hana

Krauss thinks he's good kid? I thought he was like Natsuhi and thought that Kanon was one of Kinzo's cronies that spies on them... which I think may actually be true... from what I gathered, is Kanon's job actually to spy on them and report it to Kinzo?
Old 2009-11-06, 17:19   Link #93
ameskitty
Kupo

Nah, he's cool with them .

Umm, I don't know where you got that she thought he was a spy (point me in the right direction if I'm missing something). He's one of the people she strongly suspects as the murderer/in cahoots with the murderer, I guess, but otherwise it's mostly "DO YOUR JOB FURNITURE >:O."

Actually it's kind of implied that Natsuhi sometimes wants the servants to spy on Jessica and tell Natsuhi when she's acting inappropriately XD.

Old 2009-11-06, 17:23   Link #94
Chishio no Hana

I can't remember where I got it but I know that it was said somewhere that Natsuhi thought that they could spy on them, and that was why she wanted them out of the mansion at the time of the conference.

But Kanon loves Jessica too much. ^^

does anyone have any ideas as to why Kanon is always so unhappy? And why he claims that he has a dirty soul?
Old 2009-11-06, 17:27   Link #95
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I can't remember where I got it but I know that it was said somewhere that Natsuhi thought that they could spy on them, and that was why she wanted them out of the mansion at the time of the conference.
In Episode 1 of the game it was implied that those with eagle got chased out could they were suspected on spying on the adults discussion.

Quote:
does anyone have any ideas as to why Kanon is always so unhappy? And why he claims that he has a dirty soul?
Cause he is emo? Well maybe it is due the loss of his real parents or/and shitty raising. (not really abusive but maybe strict or loveless)
Old 2009-11-06, 17:30   Link #96
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There are people that just born that way.

Old 2009-11-06, 17:33   Link #97
Chishio no Hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
In Episode 1 of the game it was implied that those with eagle got chased out could they were suspected on spying on the adults discussion.
Yes, that's where it was. Thank you.

hmmm, maybe Kanon's parents actually disowned him, and he was part of a rich family? Then they dumped him at the orphanage. That could explain all the angst
Old 2009-11-06, 17:37   Link #98
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
hmmm, maybe Kanon's parents actually disowned him, and he was part of a rich family? Then they dumped him at the orphanage. That could explain all the angst
A bit farfetched isn't it. xDD

Quote:
There are people that just born that way.
Well yeah but it doesm seem a bit too much angsting for natural angst. It doesn't have to be something really bad just a little bit of never having parents or something and the natural angst is a bit more than usual (my opinion on how he is).
Old 2009-11-06, 17:41   Link #99
Chishio no Hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
A bit farfetched isn't it. xDD

Well yeah but it doesm seem a bit too much angsting for natural angst. It doesn't have to be something really bad just a little bit of never having parents or something and the natural angst is a bit more than usual (my opinion on how he is).
far fetched is good.

Yeah, Kanon really has far too much angst for it to be natural.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:41   Link #100
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chishio no Hana View Post
Oh yeah, forgot about that . Well, Natsuhi's just a little paranoid, I think Krauss is a little more laid-back.

Quote:
But Kanon loves Jessica too much. ^^
Yes, exactly why he never said anything <3. (I've always wondered if Natsuhi knew he was there haha...obviously she at least didn't know why or there would be real issues XD)

Quote:
Because he's the obligatory hot moe emo boy. Well, probably because of the whole furniture upbringing thing and all the emotions he thinks he has to repress.

Closed Thread