AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-02, 21:09   Link #41
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
i love you bones..DONT LISTEN TO PROTOMAN!!!!
Old 2004-10-02, 21:46   Link #42
Wrath

Wow.. i haven't seen it yet but i think i'm not gonna like it much..
The way it ends just fells incomplete, but i have to see it to say it better..
What is that al lost his memory ?! that is horrible :S at least the other characters can tell him about all that happened on that time.. but now can he perform no circle alchemy?
Well, i'm looking foward to a raw or a fansubbed version.. and to the movie too.
It could have ended better but well... that's how it is..
PS: Excuse my english xD
Old 2004-10-02, 22:20   Link #43
dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, for Ed a lot of time seems to have passed, but on Al's side it could have only been obne or two years, so this would be the first case.

About Dante and Gluttony: I think it's for sure, that Dante is dead. I mean even if she managed to kill Gluttony, the elevator was empty when it arrived, and the only way out was through the hole in the bottom... and I doubt Dante could survive such a fall... Gluttony on the other hand could have survived, if he managed to eat Dante in time.
Could Dante have crossed the Gate? I know Rose's baby wasn't around, but the gate is still within every human in that world, so I'm sure it's possible that she summoned it.
Old 2004-10-02, 22:50   Link #44
Yxy
chaunen...

Does anyone remember the words inside Ed's State Alchemist watch?

"Don't forget
3.Oct.10"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ted/3oct10.png

(lifted off the FMA LJ)
Old 2004-10-02, 23:30   Link #45
neoko

Well i think we all just got sooo caught up the "oh! no i hope the ending isn't bad" that a normal ending is given more credit then it deserves. I totally agree with protoman on this one.

A good series, well made and built up in 50 episodes and to tie half the knots up in 1 episode? You know what would of been better? A massive battle royale in the opera house thingy for 2 - 3 episdoes and another 1 for roy fighting with his marvellous powers.

And of course, one last one just to show how the people are getting on, even if it's 5 minutes it's still better. So in my opinion - it's rushed, and couldn't bring out the full potential. I don't want the series to depend on the movie to tie up its wrongs, because the series is a seperate thing and i wish they didn't pack so much into the last episode like every other bones series.

Then again, i liked the rahxephon's ending, and all the other animes made by bones as mentioned, i just wish they took some of the fillers out and use that time to achieve a better ending.
Old 2004-10-02, 23:43   Link #46
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Anybody knows the title for the last episode? or was it never given away?
Old 2004-10-03, 02:07   Link #47
Yxy
chaunen...

Random silliness

First read this,

http://www.livejournal.com/community...t/1068871.html

Then this

http://www.livejournal.com/community...t/1075774.html

Don't worry, no spoilers inside. Try not to choke though
Old 2004-10-03, 05:54   Link #48
Lavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoko
Well i think we all just got sooo caught up the "oh! no i hope the ending isn't bad" that a normal ending is given more credit then it deserves. I totally agree with protoman on this one.

A good series, well made and built up in 50 episodes and to tie half the knots up in 1 episode? You know what would of been better? A massive battle royale in the opera house thingy for 2 - 3 episdoes and another 1 for roy fighting with his marvellous powers.

And of course, one last one just to show how the people are getting on, even if it's 5 minutes it's still better. So in my opinion - it's rushed, and couldn't bring out the full potential. I don't want the series to depend on the movie to tie up its wrongs, because the series is a seperate thing and i wish they didn't pack so much into the last episode like every other bones series.

Then again, i liked the rahxephon's ending, and all the other animes made by bones as mentioned, i just wish they took some of the fillers out and use that time to achieve a better ending.
In my opinion, I think it was a pretti good ending. I agree on what you are saying about the ending being only normal and the fact that people think it's so great is more or less because it was not as bad as everyone thought it would have been. But I dun "totally HATE the ending" like protoman, I like it~

I think we can all agree that the last arc/part of FMA was rushed. It could have been better, the last 5 or so eps could have been better, and there were parts where I went as well (like how they pulled that 2-world concept in the very last eps. Some people predictied it, but still I thought something as big-scale as a world setting would be better introduced early on). Some filler eps in the earlier part of the series could have been shortened or taken out, then some more important parts towardz the end could have room to be explored further.

However, even with that in mind I wouldnt have wanted to see the part in the opera house turned into a long massive battle that takes up 2 or 3 episodez; and I would rather NOT have another whole ep dedicated to roy's "marvellous powers" either (though I can totally hear some fan girlz just scream YESSSS to this one ). As someone stated before in this forum, FMA has not been big on long sweet battles but rather short onez, and I like it that way. If you enjoy long battles where the fighting part itself is looked at in more detail then the flow of the story, then I suggest you look into.....Naruto? ^^"~

So what's my point? As a FMA fan who followed the anime weekly from this time last year and is reading the manga as well, I think the ending was not as bad as maybe you and protoman put it. Before I was afraid that the series would relay on the movie to tie up the lose endz as well. But now I think it ended nicely, while leaving enough story to be told in the movie. Overall it was a good year with FMA. I agree with many of the positive comments in this thread.

ps: I like the humur you put into ur post protoman^^~ so far I've onli watched SP and FMA from bones (I know I know...i should be ashamed of myself T___T...need to watch wolf's rain and rahxephon), but everythin ends with...a brand new world?!?!?! lol^^"~
Old 2004-10-03, 06:43   Link #49
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I agree that this ending is getting a bit too much praise than it deserves. yes, BONES has accomplished the impossible, but that's mostly because it seems like too much of a mess at the end of ep50, that it seems impossible to have even a decent ending to tie up everything, and in my opinion that's exactly what BONES managed to accomplish, a decent ending that ties up quite a lot of things, but still it's nowhere near great for me. It has some good things, and it has some bad things.

first the bad things, the Mustang vs. Pride part
Spoiler:
I'll say that they do tie up the whole Mustang/Pride/Selim/Archernator mess, just quite badly, and actually below my expectation.

The good things, everything else, which are all above my expectation. The Ed/Al thing is solved in quite a cheap way
Spoiler:
but it's quite effective, and I think it's done right, so I like it. the whole epilogue is quite decent too, albeit
Spoiler:
Also there are some funny things, like
Spoiler:
Also the fate of Dante and Gluttony... I doubt we have seen the last of them... I guess it's intentionally done vague... and Wrath... well at least he got to look super cool for once

Oh and who's that German "Professor Hazuhoha" something guy? Is he some famous historic guy or what?

And I don't think Ed
Spoiler:

Overall a decent ending IMO, and sets a good start to the movie
Old 2004-10-03, 06:54   Link #50
dreamless

seems some forum problem... double post... deleted

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-03 at 09:49.
Old 2004-10-03, 09:45   Link #51
ChainLegacy
廉頗

The whole serpent thing could just be symbolic... Envy represented in its true state, a serpent.
Old 2004-10-03, 09:45   Link #52
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Ok, after calming down a bit and rewatching some of the scenes, I have to accept some parts of it where actually good (namely Envy's trip to the real world, and Al's closing speech), some were just plain mediocre (like the "We all are happy and alive" portrayal of the rest of the characters) other illogical (after the death of an idol leader(the Fuhrer) there must have been some kind of uprising, inner disputes among the characters or WHATEVER, but no, General Haruko misteriously dissapears and one of the weakest personalities, the General of the East division, seems to be in charge)... we have other weak and cheesy (like the predictable "I will revive my Ni-San so I can actually do something useful after 20 chapters or so") or the ugly portrayal of Mustang vs Pride...

All in all I have to accept that I didnt hate all of it... rewrite it to a "I just hated most of it" Dunno for you, but even a normal ending, pales as crappy compared with the quality of the pre 48 series.
Old 2004-10-03, 09:49   Link #53
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermonk
The whole serpent thing could just be symbolic... Envy represented in its true state, a serpent.
I think it's not really a serpent, it seems it's the FF7 Leviathan summon, which closely resembles an Oriental dragon (or ron/ryuu/however you call it). but then since it's green, so I guess it can be said a Seiryuu (green dragon).
Old 2004-10-03, 10:17   Link #54
ShinRaKurisu

Didn't know if it was still a spoiler or not. Better safe than sorry ^_^

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-03, 10:39   Link #55
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRaKurisu
Didn't know if it was still a spoiler or not. Better safe than sorry ^_^

Spoiler:
well, it's not really needed to perform the coughing up red stone part, since each time you kill the homunculus, the life force from the red stones regenerate it, thus if you deplete the power of the red stones eaten by the homunculus by killing it enough times, they'll die.
Old 2004-10-03, 10:40   Link #56
Rhenium
リライト

HA!! My predictions were right!

And you guys told me to F*ck myself

Well not completely right but i got the alot of the predictions right
Old 2004-10-03, 10:56   Link #57
dew

Maybe since Pride's skull was there, Pride couldn't regenerate, so Mustang just burned him until there was nothing left. You could see a pool of red water where Pride was, so you pretty much know he was killed (unlike Lust).
Old 2004-10-03, 11:00   Link #58
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
[spoiler]Envy becoming a green dragon/Seiryuu/Final Fantasy Leviathan summon/whatever inside the Gate... I don't understand that scene, is that just a joke from SquareEnix?

<snip>

Oh and who's that German "Professor Hazuhoha" something guy? Is he some famous historic guy or what?
Just to kill off some theories:

First one. The dragon is the Uroboros.
I didn't catch that one myself at first, but if you think about it, it's the only thing that makes sense.
As for what happened after he disappeared, no idea.

Look up Karl Haushofer for that guy you wonder about.
Old 2004-10-03, 11:32   Link #59
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodar
Just to kill off some theories:

First one. The dragon is the Uroboros.
I didn't catch that one myself at first, but if you think about it, it's the only thing that makes sense.
As for what happened after he disappeared, no idea.

Look up Karl Haushofer for that guy you wonder about.
Err... to make something clear, Ouroboros practically means a snake/dragon/serpent/whatever biting its tail, as Ouroboros is greek for "devouring its tail", and since Envy was not biting its own tail, so we can't call it Ouroboros. Ouroboros is not a type of snake/serpent/dragon/whatever, rather it's the "biting its own tail" part that matters. So if a snake bites its own tail, it can be called Ouroboros, if a dragon bites its own tail, it can be called Ouroboros, if Leviathan from FF7 bites its own tail, it can be called Ouroboros...

So Envy is definitely NOT Ouroboros at that time, I don't know if he'll go on to bite his own tail to form an Ouroboros or not, but I doubt it (since he's straight travelling towards the exit). Besides if I remember correctly, the head and tail of the dragon/serpent/snake/whatever Envy transformed into looks quite like the Leviathan summon of FF7, and now that I think more, I seem to recall that the FF7 Leviathan is green in color too... Anyone can help find a good FF7 Leviathan pic?
Old 2004-10-03, 11:40   Link #60
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Err... to make something clear, Ouroboros practically means a snake/dragon/serpent/whatever biting its tail, as Ouroboros is greek for "devouring its tail", and since Envy was not biting its own tail, so we can't call it Ouroboros. Ouroboros is not a type of snake/serpent/dragon/whatever, rather it's the "biting its own tail" part that matters. So if a snake bites its own tail, it can be called Ouroboros, if a dragon bites its own tail, it can be called Ouroboros, if Leviathan from FF7 bites its own tail, it can be called Ouroboros...

So Envy is definitely NOT Ouroboros at that time, I don't know if he'll go on to bite his own tail to form an Ouroboros or not, but I doubt it (since he's straight travelling towards the exit). Besides if I remember correctly, the head and tail of the dragon/serpent/snake/whatever Envy transformed into looks quite like the Leviathan summon of FF7, and now that I think more, I seem to recall that the FF7 Leviathan is green in color too... Anyone can help find a good FF7 Leviathan pic?
Here is one. Yeah, I do notice similarities. Maybe you're correct...
Closed Thread