AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-06, 15:12   Link #2381
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Also, Fairy or Nymph?

Still hanging on for the 1st episode's v2 patch.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:19   Link #2382
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Also, Fairy or Nymph?

Still hanging on for the 1st episode's v2 patch.
Fairy.

Dang seed won't start up for you. No idea why.
Old 2010-10-06, 15:26   Link #2383
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Can I perhaps interest you in a more "direct" form of sending it?

Old 2010-10-06, 15:30   Link #2384
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Sure. Go for it.
Old 2010-10-06, 19:00   Link #2385
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Ah, new subs. ^^ Well, to be better than THORA, you'd need to call Skull Squadron "Skull Squadron" and not "Skull Team".
Why would that be? 小隊 is too small to be a squadron.

No, to be better than the subs Thora used, they'd have to say "Ship-wide transformation,"
instead of "All ships: transformation!" when the Macross Quarter transforms for the first time.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:19   Link #2386
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post

No, to be better than the subs Thora used, they'd have to say "Ship-wide transformation,"
instead of "All ships: transformation!" when the Macross Quarter transforms for the first time.

Actually, it's "All hands, transformation." They're telling everyone that the ship will begin a transformation. The already know the whole ship will transform.

Last edited by Heibi; 2010-10-06 at 19:35.
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:27   Link #2387
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
Actually, it's "All hands".
That works.
Old 2010-10-06, 20:11   Link #2388
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@Heibi
''tis sounding good.

Can I just check with you if you've included the commentary tracks for the relevant episodes?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 20:56   Link #2389
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
@Heibi
''tis sounding good.

Can I just check with you if you've included the commentary tracks for the relevant episodes?
Sorry, we only put the primary track on the episodes. I never even thought folks would want the commentary track.

Oh, a note on style. We are an old school group - we're old, too. We've been around for a while(since 92). Anyway, we subtitled all the dialog, all the songs(no karaoke), and relevant signs(not many anyway). We subbed the opening credits, and the cast lists, as well as the song listing at the end. Our biggest rule is to try and not clutter up the screen and to make it easy to watch the show and read the subs.

For some our subtitle color is not liked - yellow with black outline for primary dialog. Luckily for all, these are soft subs(we included our fonts in the file) and you can always change the color. However, keep in mind how we did them with this list:
Yellow - primary dialog
White - thoughts and some text
Cyan(bluish) - radio/TV/transmissions and echoing thoughts or secondary dialog
Songs have their own font.

So watch an episode with our style once, and if you want to change it after that go ahead. At least you'll see there was a method behind our senility.

Oh, forgot to mention: You will notice distinct differences in some translations. So you know, our translator is native Japanese who went to college over here in the US. Any thing I questioned was well discussed with him. Especially the name of the Operation Grace talks about in episode 15. Trust me, I really talked to him about that since I'd seen the other versions before this. If you wish to discuss with me afterwords via PM(to avoid spoilers) I'd be glad to tell you why the translation is that way.

Last edited by Heibi; 2010-10-06 at 23:22.
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 21:07   Link #2390
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

I could upload all t he commentary tracks in a format that would allow folks to add them to each episode via mkvmerge.(I think that might work ???)
Old 2010-10-06, 21:26   Link #2391
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Sorry, we only put the primary track on the episodes. I never even thought folks would want the commentary track.
Well...I might be the only one here who does

As for style, simplicity is definitely what I prefer. The other issue would then be if I can actually play the files properly (my computer lags on 1080 files , but your BD ones seem slightly smaller than the ones I've got, so they might be perfect ^^)

Also, just wondering about the patches because from experience before I changed my computer, I remember them being .exe files. Is there a way to work them on a Mac?

Quote:
I could upload all t he commentary tracks in a format that would allow folks to add them to each episode via mkvmerge.(I think that might work ???)
Well, I'd really appreciate that! (Though if I really am the only one after them, just the ones for ep 20 and ep 25 would be perfect onegaishimasu!)

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-10-06, 22:11   Link #2392
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Well...I might be the only one here who does

As for style, simplicity is definitely what I prefer. The other issue would then be if I can actually play the files properly (my computer lags on 1080 files , but your BD ones seem slightly smaller than the ones I've got, so they might be perfect ^^)

Also, just wondering about the patches because from experience before I changed my computer, I remember them being .exe files. Is there a way to work them on a Mac?

Well, I'd really appreciate that! (Though if I really am the only one after them, just the ones for ep 20 and ep 25 would be perfect onegaishimasu!)
The Blu-rays are 1280x720 so that might be why they work. I can't remember the program you need for it I just know that only one of my computers has the proper program. I believe you need the program that runs the xdelta3. Anyone here remember that. I think there is something for MAC out there.

However, if not, I will be doing a batch of the series with all the V2 episodes just in case.

I'll see how big the commentary files are, and if they are small enough I may just send you a link to DDL them.
Old 2010-10-06, 23:15   Link #2393
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I might wait for the batch then. (My bandwidth probably needs a rest too...)

Quote:
I'll see how big the commentary files are, and if they are small enough I may just send you a link to DDL them.
Thanks! I'm sorry for the trouble m(_ _ )m

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-10-07, 05:32   Link #2394
magnuskn

Quote:

Because Skull Squadron was named "Skull Squadron" in SDFM. ^^
Old 2010-10-07, 06:03   Link #2395
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Because Skull Squadron was named "Skull Squadron" in SDFM. ^^
I may be misremembering here, but I don't think I am...I think SDFM uses Skull Butai, whereas Frontier uses Skull Shotai. In which case, "Team" would be correct for Frontier.

EDIT: And just in case I *am* wrong, and SDFM uses "Shotai," then it's a mistranslation. A "shotai" is too small to be a squadron.

Last edited by Yot-chan; 2010-10-07 at 06:18.
Old 2010-10-07, 06:34   Link #2396
magnuskn

Quote:
I may be misremembering here, but I don't think I am...I think SDFM uses Skull Butai, whereas Frontier uses Skull Shotai. In which case, "Team" would be correct for Frontier.

EDIT: And just in case I *am* wrong, and SDFM uses "Shotai," then it's a mistranslation. A "shotai" is too small to be a squadron.
Honestly, I don't care about the exact nomenclature in the original Japanese in this case. Skull Squadron was the name of Roys unit, and for continuity purposes, Skull Squadron should be the name of Ozmas unit.

Also, "Skull Squadron" sounds way cooler.
Old 2010-10-07, 12:02   Link #2397
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Honestly, I don't care about the exact nomenclature in the original Japanese in this case. Skull Squadron was the name of Roys unit, and for continuity purposes, Skull Squadron should be the name of Ozmas unit.

Also, "Skull Squadron" sounds way cooler.
It does...but technically, it should be a "flight" (three-to-six aircraft). A "squadron" consists of three or four flights. Skull in SDFM is probably big enough for that (since Hikaru was "Skull 23"), but Skull in Frontier has considerably fewer aircraft.

I know you don't care. I'm just sayin'.
Old 2010-10-07, 12:32   Link #2398
magnuskn

Yeah, I know you are a stickler for details.
Old 2010-10-07, 18:40   Link #2399
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Oh, a note on style. We are an old school group - we're old, too. We've been around for a while(since 92). Anyway, we subtitled all the dialog, all the songs(no karaoke), and relevant signs(not many anyway). We subbed the opening credits, and the cast lists, as well as the song listing at the end. Our biggest rule is to try and not clutter up the screen and to make it easy to watch the show and read the subs.
And on that note, I think I can safely say I'll be participating in the rewatch experiment via your releases. Loved the old-school feel and the quality of the script.

Kudos, as always, to everyone involved in this project.

Old 2010-10-07, 18:46   Link #2400
magnuskn

Hm, I guess I'll stay with THORA, even with the "Skull Squadron" bit. There are certain turn of phrases which I like more in their release.

Tags
action, romance