Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-24, 02:51   Link #61
Ciello
Lunch Tray Ninja

Viewtiful Joe Started

Hi I have just finished subbing the first ep of viewtiful joe. I'd like to spread the love, and hear comments on it since it's my first sub attempt. However, im clueless as to the distributing part. How do I get it added to the animesuki page? can anyone help?

*edit* we have enough translators now ^_^ but still need help getting it on the site?

Last edited by Ciello; 2004-10-24 at 12:30.
Old 2004-10-31, 12:36   Link #62
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Viewtiful Joe

Henshin, a go go baby!

Seeing as someone has FINALY relased the fansub, I felt it time to begin the official fansub talk of Viewtiful Joe- The TV! (My given name for it)

So, the one to finaly get around to it is a new group going by the name of Nyu Blue, thier torrent can be found in the Torrent Submissions thread.

Anyway, first fansub by these guys, and overall, I'm impressed. There's no problems with the font or timing (outside of one issue but it's linked to another piece of CandC so I'll same it) and I'm happily supprised to find that they decided to sub the character names as they come up (This was great with the Jado/Jadow).

Oh yeah, also, not for not, I could feal that the Trans Note about henshin would be better timed for the part where Blue is explining about that.

There is the one problem though, Joe's henshin phrase,

It is "Henshin a go go baby" as apposed to "Hensin, baby!", it's small I know and what have you but...

Also the OP/ED and next Ep preview wern't Subbed, again this is small and if you want to keep at it go ahead.

So overall, great 1st attempt, I can't wait to see what these guys come up with next!

Last edited by Conan-san; 2004-10-31 at 14:58.
Old 2004-10-31, 13:30   Link #63
Joker-kun

I am downloading it now, although i'll most likely be watching my fansubs release of it, we are just redoing our Opeing karaoke style.
Old 2004-10-31, 13:49   Link #64
Blaat

Actually he does say Henshin a go, go Baby. Its just well...his English isn't up to par compared to the VA who did it in the game
Old 2004-10-31, 14:05   Link #65
Ciello
Lunch Tray Ninja

yeah, being our first attempt, we made a lot of silly mistakes ^_^;; we'll fix them in future subs tho. Any and all feedback is super useful, thanks! We hope you enjoy the viewtiful show

edit- we completely missed the go go in henshin a go go baby, whoops.
Old 2004-10-31, 14:52   Link #66
Wraith
Viewtiful Forever

Send a message via AIM to Wraith Send a message via MSN to Wraith
I wonder if Dante and Trish will make guest appearances, but if this is staying with the 1st game I doubt that will happen.
Old 2004-10-31, 14:55   Link #67
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
I wonder if Dante and Trish will make guest appearances, but if this is staying with the 1st game I doubt that will happen.
Viewtiful Joe 2 storyline perchance?
Old 2004-10-31, 15:19   Link #68
hehehe
Impulse

Viewtiful Joe!!!

I never expected a anime for viewtiful joe! The game was great and so is the anime! After watching it, it was as funny as the game except there is a new character a female with a elven ear.. she keep zipping her top :/, same bosses same scene its great!

Henshi gogo baby!
Old 2004-10-31, 18:01   Link #69
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
It's supossed to be 52 episodes, and I doubt they'll be able to stretch the first game's storyline through all of that.
Old 2004-11-01, 01:50   Link #70
Ippo-Kun
fRoG PuNCh!~!@

where can i download this anime?
Old 2004-11-01, 02:08   Link #71
Hakiro
hmmm..Blood

Send a message via MSN to Hakiro
u can download it at www.animesuki.com
Old 2004-11-01, 02:59   Link #72
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonmon
It's supossed to be 52 episodes, and I doubt they'll be able to stretch the first game's storyline through all of that.
I figgureed the timeing to be
1-20ish - VJ storyline
20-26 - Filler arc
Spoiler:

27-52 - VJ 2 storyline
Old 2004-11-01, 03:00   Link #73
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonmon
I figgureed the timeing to be
1-20ish - VJ storyline
20-26 - Filler arc
Spoiler:

27-52 - VJ 2 storyline

Quote:
edit- we completely missed the go go in henshin a go go baby, whoops.
Given the audio at that point, I can understand.
Old 2004-11-01, 14:47   Link #74
Higus

i'm prolly gonna get flamed for this but i think the translation for viewtifull joe is quite inaccurate....

i appreciate people doing this for free but still i think u need a better translator
Old 2004-11-01, 16:14   Link #75
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higus
i'm prolly gonna get flamed for this but i think the translation for viewtifull joe is quite inaccurate....

i appreciate people doing this for free but still i think u need a better translator
Your right, your gona get flamed alright.

Do you want a fansub or not?

Cause I don't see ChibiGoku finishing it anytime soon, do you?
Old 2004-11-01, 16:48   Link #76
Ciello
Lunch Tray Ninja

heh....

I dunno if you've ever tried to make a fansub before. if you haven't, let me tell ya, it's a buttload of work. Most of which was done by three people. This was also our first attempt at any kind of fansub, ever, and we're proud of how it came out ^_^ the translations are not word for word, because I believe in making fansubs easily readable for english viewiers. I changed phrases to fit a standard enlgish lexicon, such as sylvia's beginnign phrase of "you don't love me anymore!" This is a common tv catchphrase to show whiny girlfriends in america, so it fit much better than the more literal translation of "Joe, you don't know what love is." I assume the prupose of a fansub is to increase american exposure, so changing it in this way makes sense to me. If you want one that is more accurate, I invite you to start a fansub effort to do so.
Old 2004-11-01, 20:42   Link #77
Higus

ok sorry........just saying
Old 2004-11-02, 05:55   Link #78
Chopper

I watched Ep1 andmust say : for an anime that is absed on a video game it is really good. Some translation mistakes ^^, but thats not the world, means its ok for me. lets see, how good the revquest Releases are.
Old 2004-11-02, 07:36   Link #79
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I tried out the first episode, for some reason it doesn't really hold my interest. I'll try it out a little longer, but the premise just feels a bit cheesy to me. Perhaps I have to get used to the drawing style aswell. There were quite a bit of typos in the subs btw. (typos drive me nuts so I tend to notice hehe)
Old 2004-11-02, 12:31   Link #80
Chopper

i think you have to have played the game to get the flair of this anime, cause if you have played the game, you recognize the characters.
Closed Thread