AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 14:32   Link #1981
DuoRanger
Banned

My wife after that Lightning/FFXIII Facial Mod

Spoiler:
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 15:19   Link #1982
Aqua Knight

Sorry but the quality is just horrible.
Old 2012-01-09, 16:15   Link #1983
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Something went seriously wrong there... unless she's supposed to undead?
Old 2012-01-09, 16:36   Link #1984
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for minor spoiler:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 17:02   Link #1985
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Something went seriously wrong there... unless she's supposed to undead?
Lightning Mod from Skyrimnexus(The Mod Police blocked this one) and Youtube

Look Lydia and then look the PC character
Spoiler:

im still waiting for a better NPC Editor compatible with mods and charactermenu to fix this Half Human-Werewolf thing on her and some NPC's
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 17:04   Link #1986
Aqua Knight

This one is perfect though
Old 2012-01-09, 19:30   Link #1987
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Can thieves break into your house and steal some of your possessions? I could swear I read that about the game once before on a message board.
Old 2012-01-09, 19:49   Link #1988
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Can thieves break into your house and steal some of your possessions? I could swear I read that about the game once before on a message board.
That was just some crazy dude demanding that "feature".

Which is insane, as the whole point of paying to have a house in TES was to get safe storage. Many roleplayers just have crazy ideas without thinking once if their idea would be FUN or not.

My own rebuttal is "why can't your character get randomly killed by a thief breaking into your room while you were sleeping? And would you actually want that?"

People who demand insane realism usually don't actually care about playing a game.

There was even some insane demand that they want enemies to randomly spawn behind you where you have already cleared the path, so they can backstab you. All to "increase difficulty".
That was proof that the posters were mad. I don't mind if enemies sneak behind me to backstab, but to actually spawn enemies where they shouldn't be is lunacy.

People like that are the reason I don't go to the Bethesda forum anymore.
Old 2012-01-09, 19:51   Link #1989
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That was just some crazy dude demanding that "feature".

Which is insane, as the whole point of paying to have a house in TES was to get safe storage. Many roleplayers just have crazy ideas without thinking once if their idea would be FUN or not.

My own rebuttal is "why can't your character get randomly killed by a thief breaking into your room while you were sleeping? And would you actually want that?"

People who demand insane realism usually don't actually care about playing a game.
I've been pretty shocked that my sleep isn't disturbed at all... in classic D&D RPGs being in a "volatile area" almost guarantees a night time visit by kobolds or something. So I happily zzzzzz away in a Forsworn camp I've just massacred while their team mates are a few hundred yards away.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:10   Link #1990
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've been pretty shocked that my sleep isn't disturbed at all... in classic D&D RPGs being in a "volatile area" almost guarantees a night time visit by kobolds or something. So I happily zzzzzz away in a Forsworn camp I've just massacred while their team mates are a few hundred yards away.
The game is designed so that if you CAN be disturbed, your character simply refuses to sleep. Think of it like your character knows better than you in terms of when and where is suppose to be safe, because he/she had more senses available than the player.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:22   Link #1991
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
The game is designed so that if you CAN be disturbed, your character simply refuses to sleep. Think of it like your character knows better than you in terms of when and where is suppose to be safe, because he/she had more senses available than the player.
rofl.... sorry that seems like an extreme rationalization for what was basically a game design simplification. If I sleep for 8/12/24 hrs in a wilderness area campsite, a bear might just amble along. I would expect to have my sleep interrupted. The example I gave in the last post even more extreme (sleeping a short distance from an enemy camp that would very likely be visiting periodically or expecting visits from the camp I killed). That's a behavior simplification.

I'm not complaining and its not a big deal, I was just surprised because in most RPGs, one's sleep gets cut short once in a while. Here, it was just the lone Astrid and her guessing game one time. So the code is obviously available to build possible encounters during sleep - it just wasn't used. So on rare occasion, it gets a little odd.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-09 at 21:08.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:41   Link #1992
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Those additions could be cool if implemented well. Make them so they aren't unfair to the player. For example, you are about to be attacked while asleep, but are awakened before they actually strike, so suddenly, you have to fight an opponent when you were just trying to sleep. Make it happen infrequently, but with higher chances in places like bandit camps and bandit infested caves and such, or in shacks in the wild.

Or people breaking into your house. Make it happen rarely, and if it happens, make it so you can track down the thief and get your possessions back. Make it so that, say, someone witnessed the break-in, and they give you a lead to find the thief at, say, an inn or a camp near your houses location. You can track down the thief and get your possessions back. In order to have a totally safe house, maybe the most expensive house in a safe city, or the top two best houses (so you don't have to necessarily buy a 25,000 gold coin house) have it so that the chance of someone breaking in is zero percent, so that gamers can indeed save up and buy a place for totally safe storage. But like I said, even if your house is broken into, the game alerts you when you enter the house after a break-in, and allows you to recover any stolen goods.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2012-01-09 at 21:42.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:07   Link #1993
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd say go to the skyrim forums and submit those, I think they have idea input threads for things like that.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-09 at 21:18.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:10   Link #1994
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Those additions could be cool if implemented well. Make them so they aren't unfair to the player. For example, you are about to be attacked while asleep, but are awakened before they actually strike, so suddenly, you have to fight an opponent when you were just trying to sleep. Make it happen infrequently, but with higher chances in places like bandit camps and bandit infested caves and such, or in shacks in the wild.

Or people breaking into your house. Make it happen rarely, and if it happens, make it so you can track down the thief and get your possessions back. Make it so that, say, someone witnessed the break-in, and they give you a lead to find the thief at, say, an inn or a camp near your houses location. You can track down the thief and get your possessions back. In order to have a totally safe house, maybe the most expensive house in a safe city, or the top two best houses (so you don't have to necessarily buy a 25,000 gold coin house) have it so that the chance of someone breaking in is zero percent, so that gamers can indeed save up and buy a place for totally safe storage. But like I said, even if your house is broken into, the game alerts you when you enter the house after a break-in, and allows you to recover any stolen goods.
Then you just rendered all the inferior houses useless to own.

Why even pay a single gold coin for an unsafe house when you can save up that money to buy a safe home? And then you get to a situation where only one city is worth living in because it is the only safe storage in the game.

There are multiple homes in TES because it offers a CHOICE. There is zero advantage to have your items stolen, it is not fun, and it just boils down to in-game griefing.

And I certainly don't need Griefers in my single-player game. I play single-player for a reason.

You want to be backstabbed, robbed, lied to, and swindled out of everything you own? Play online where people can hack your account and take everything. People who think that is fun can do it there, against real thieves.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:26   Link #1995
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Maybe those implementations would be best for mods, where people can choose to put them into the game. For example, there is an Oblivion mod where you must sleep and eat or else you get fatigued. Seems like a neat idea, but I wouldn't want to have it forced into an Elder Scrolls game, but as a mod that people can choose to implement, it works.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:43   Link #1996
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think someone here mentioned a mod that helps scale Destruction spells a bit? I couldn't find it anywhere on Skyrim Nexus earlier before I left for work, so anyone point me in the right direction. Since I'm playing a Destruction Mage on my second playthrough, I mean...
Old 2012-01-09, 22:52   Link #1997
Cyz
"Show it to me"

It's easy to get lost in this game. I can't remember how many times I get side tracked with bunch of places keep popping in my compass and then doing a random quests.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 23:05   Link #1998
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Then you just rendered all the inferior houses useless to own.

Why even pay a single gold coin for an unsafe house when you can save up that money to buy a safe home? And then you get to a situation where only one city is worth living in because it is the only safe storage in the game.

There are multiple homes in TES because it offers a CHOICE. There is zero advantage to have your items stolen, it is not fun, and it just boils down to in-game griefing.

And I certainly don't need Griefers in my single-player game. I play single-player for a reason.

You want to be backstabbed, robbed, lied to, and swindled out of everything you own? Play online where people can hack your account and take everything. People who think that is fun can do it there, against real thieves.
You're completely missing the point of a simple potential game feature... but carry on.
It just seems like every obstacle and interference in the game is "griefing" using that criteria O.o When the guard hassles you for cash, that's "griefing", when the merchant overcharges you, that's "griefing", when the dragon swoops in at random when you were trying to do something else... wolf packs attack... bandit ambushes... Astrid grabbing you in the night..

We just happen to be thinking of other ways to add interest and breadth to the game via mod or whatever.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-09 at 23:29.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:00   Link #1999
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I do think a mod where your character requires sleep and eating would be neat to try. Like the one I mentioned found for Oblivion.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:00   Link #2000
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't mind having my house broken into... As long as it gives me the option to hunt down the bastard to get my stuff back and stick his head on a pike for all to see.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim