AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-02, 14:31   Link #141
Megatetragnatha

Thanks alot, relentlessflame, for your time and quick reply!

Just one question regarding this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
If it's that you've seen certain pictures that haven't showed up in the game, it's possible that some of those scenes were in the fandisk. But yes, those scenes are probably from one of the games.
Here are some pictures [mod edit: we're not allowed to link to game CGs here for a few reasons]

Talking about original game-I have't seen this sex scenes during my playthrough of Sora's arc including that boat sex scene(although Sora’s arc is unlocked) . Don't know if it's a glitch or something (as I said, I played the game which I've downloaded from torrent before I decided to purchase it). Not that I care much, really, but ...well...

So I'm just curious, are these pictures from the game play itself or these are random pictures you can see in the end of the game-after credits (like photo album or something).

Quote:
So much had gone on between him and Sora that they just needed a chance to relax and be together, and meeting with the relatives was a good opportunity
Right. But I was thinking of why Haru couldn’t just rent a room or something while on their trip and enjoy his time with Sora alone? Now Haru and Sora will need to hide their relationship from relatives for a while and Sora will be angry about it And what about their friends? They already know everything…How Sora and Haru will continue their life and relationship in this village when they will get back? Or they are ok now about it

So many questions left unanswered...

On a side note: I wish the last pic of eroge game would be like this and not like this [mod edit: had to remove links again].

Oh well...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-02 at 15:12. Reason: removed links to game CGs & illegal manga site
Megatetragnatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 15:36   Link #142
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I had to remove the links because our Forum Rules don't allow linking to game CGs or to illegal manga-hosting sites, but anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatetragnatha View Post
So I'm just curious, are these pictures from the game play itself or these are random pictures you can see in the end of the game-after credits (like photo album or something).
All those pictures are from the game, so you should see them during a normal playthrough. The pictures with the characters in static poses are part of the image gallery you unlock after clearing a route, but all of the CG are in the regular game.

Like I said, I don't know about illegally downloaded versions (which we also can't talk about due to the Forum Rules), but those scenes do occur in the full game as part of the regular narrative (and not in a bonus mode).

Quote:
Right. But I was thinking of why Haru couldn’t just rent a room or something while on their trip and enjoy his time with Sora alone? Now Haru and Sora will need to hide their relationship from relatives for a while and Sora will be angry about it And what about their friends? They already know everything…How Sora and Haru will continue their life and relationship in this village when they will get back? Or they are ok now about it

So many questions left unanswered...
Well, I don't think it's as if everyone in the village would be okay with it if they knew all the details, but his friends have accepted it at least. In the end, as long as they're not too flamboyant about it, they'll probably live out their life in peace, presumably. I guess they have to leave something to the imagination...
Old 2012-04-04, 05:26   Link #143
Megatetragnatha

Quote:
I had to remove the links because our Forum Rules don't allow linking to game CGs or to illegal manga-hosting sites, but anyway...

All those pictures are from the game, so you should see them during a normal playthrough. The pictures with the characters in static poses are part of the image gallery you unlock after clearing a route, but all of the CG are in the regular game.

Like I said, I don't know about illegally downloaded versions (which we also can't talk about due to the Forum Rules), but those scenes do occur in the full game as part of the regular narrative (and not in a bonus mode).

Well, I don't think it's as if everyone in the village would be okay with it if they knew all the details, but his friends have accepted it at least. In the end, as long as they're not too flamboyant about it, they'll probably live out their life in peace, presumably. I guess they have to leave something to the imagination...
Thank you, relentlessflame, for answering all my questions!

Sorry for breaking the rules-i won't do that mistake again

Now i'm just waiting for my copy of the game. The interesting thing is that eroge is very expensive... Original game costs 69 British pounds + fandisk about 45 pounds+shipping price. And this game is already 2 or 3 years old. Even the newest Blizzard game Diablo 3 costs 40-50 pounds...

I would purchase YnS anime but that "ambiguous ending"...I have't decided if i like it or not yet
Old 2012-04-04, 14:09   Link #144
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Now i'm just waiting for my copy of the game. The interesting thing is that eroge is very expensive... Original game costs 69 British pounds + fandisk about 45 pounds+shipping price. And this game is already 2 or 3 years old. Even the newest Blizzard game Diablo 3 costs 40-50 pounds...
It is expensive, but consider that the market for these games is much, much smaller than anything Blizzard would put out. Whereas normal video games might sell a few hundreds of thousands of copies (millions for big titles), a game in this genre/industry is lucky if its sales are measured in the tens of thousands. The "average" game sells even less than that. Of course, the production costs are lower too, but it still takes dozens of people to create by the time all is said and done.

In other words, the costs are spread over a smaller audience, so each person has to pay a bit more. The higher asking price also helps a well-received game (like Yosuga no Sora) absorb some of the risk for a future game that may not be quite so well-received. The reason why mainstream games are cheaper is simply because of the economy of scale (and actually, I'm sure games like Diablo could be even cheaper given how many millions they'll sell, but of course they want to make as much money as possible ).
Old 2012-04-05, 03:57   Link #145
Megatetragnatha

Quote:
It is expensive, but consider that the market for these games is much, much smaller than anything Blizzard would put out. Whereas normal video games might sell a few hundreds of thousands of copies (millions for big titles), a game in this genre/industry is lucky if its sales are measured in the tens of thousands.
Good explanation I haven't thought of it that way, although it's obvious

And one more question regarding the game. I read on the internet , that " fan disk usually extends the game's time line by adding in a new shorter game; however, they are not considered true sequels"

So, is where a sense or possibility they could have died in the game if you play original game only? Like ambiguous ending...And maybe the fan disk was created for thouse, who want Haru and Sora to stay alive?
Old 2012-04-05, 13:22   Link #146
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
And one more question regarding the game. I read on the internet , that " fan disk usually extends the game's time line by adding in a new shorter game; however, they are not considered true sequels"

So, is where a sense or possibility they could have died in the game if you play original game only? Like ambiguous ending...And maybe the fan disk was created for thouse, who want Haru and Sora to stay alive?
No, it's not possible. In the original game, there was absolutely no ambiguity about whether Haru and Sora survived the events at the shrine lake. It's only the anime that made it ambiguous.

And when they say that fandisks aren't considered "true sequels", they just mean that they're like expansion packs. Just like when Blizzard or other game makers release expansions or DLC, those aren't really considered sequels. A "sequel" would generally be a full work that can stand alone even if it continues a previous story, but fandisks generally only contain short bits of "after story" content, and sometimes some "alternate routes", as we saw in Haruka na Sora. So yeah, it's not about whether the story is canon or not, just to explain the difference between a fandisk and a sequel.

In either case, the fandisk doesn't modify the orginal Sora ending, it only fills in a few gaps.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance