AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 09:42   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 610 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 11:51   Link #2
james0246

Fun chapter. The Jyuubi is a strange looking beast; it looks like a chin with a googly eye placed on the tip...I liked the description of the mindlessness of the Jyuubi.

Fun fighting, though (not greatly choreographed, but still fun). Kakashi can use all aspects of Kamui now, and used them to amazing effect. Got to love Kyuubi's humour when he "ate" Gai, Kakashi and Naruto.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 12:37   Link #3
ChronoReverse

I thought the fight was choreographed well. It's not something you can just skim over like some of the rather simple fights in the Shippuden era but like the fights in the preceding chapters, it really rewards paying attention to the details.

Interestingly enough, if Naruto uses Sage Mode, he drops out of Chakra Cloak.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 12:55   Link #4
Icer

Obito calls Madara out on wanting to play with that power (already)...
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 13:38   Link #5
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

So the eight tails gets impaled with wood jutsu next chapter??

great action...I need a play by play...
Old 2012-11-20, 14:02   Link #6
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Interestingly enough, if Naruto uses Sage Mode, he drops out of Chakra Cloak.
Apparently the author wants to save the combined kyuubi-sage-mode for later, and since Madara doesn't want to fight them seriously there's a chance we won't see that powerup in this fight. Apart from that powerup Naruto also has some amount of chakra that the 6 tailed beasts gave him earlier when he fought them, so he might use that in this fight.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 14:21   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

OK, could someone run me the play-by-play here? I think this is the first time I've ever been confused by a Naruto fight before. If I am to understand this correctly, the fight went something like:

-Juubi roars and glares menacingly.
-Kurama and Gyuki give it Bijuu Dama Bullet Hell.
-Juubi retaliates with a Bijuu Lazor.
-Kurama and Gyuki coil up and dodge.
-Kakashi somehow sucks up Gyuki and Bee very quickly before the dust clears. Didn't he have trouble sucking up something the size of a soccer ball earlier?
-Kakashi and Naruto clone are tossed towards the Juubi.
-Kakashi pulls Gyuki and Bee out from the Kamui dimension since he can apparently do that now.
-HOLY [BLEEP] Gyuki and Bee out of nowhere, ready to fire a nice, juicy blast into all 3 antagonists present.
Old 2012-11-20, 14:48   Link #8
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
6Kakashi can use all aspects of Kamui now, and used them to amazing effect. .
Makes you wonder why Obito just couldn't kamui all the other pokemon? We wouldn't have needed the entire Akatsuki plot. Or did he lack the Kyuubi recharge that turned Kakashi into Super Kakashi?

I didn't see any fun fighting or great choreography. Just a jumbled mess that has plagued Kishi's giant monster fights. You have to read the chapter a few times to even understand what is happening. And that is not because of any subtlety on Kishi's part.

Naruto and gang shouldn't really be any threat to something that can destroy the world. The fact that they didn't even get put on their backs and have already launched an attack in one chapter means they should get smoked next week.

There can't be a back and forth fight given how powerful Madara and the Jyuubi are. Even if the Kyuubi is now Captain Awesome. This fight needs new participates to keep it fresh. About time for the army. Getting bored with Naruto, Kakashi, Kirabi, and Gai.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 15:03   Link #9
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
There can't be a back and forth fight given how powerful Madara and the Jyuubi are. Even if the Kyuubi is now Captain Awesome. This fight needs new participates to keep it fresh. About time for the army. Getting bored with Naruto, Kakashi, Kirabi, and Gai.
You are forgetting that this is not a comlete 10-tails, just some inclomplete one, the 2 strongest pieces of it are actually fighting it right now. As we see Obito is worried that if the fight takes too long that might weaken it, so i guess he is worried that the incomplete 10-tails has only a limited amount of the 8 and 9 tails components of chakra and when that runs out it will break down. On the other hand we see that Madara doesn't want to do it in such conditions, so he won't help Obito to rush the plan, he wants to first capture the remaining 2 and then maybe have some fun being immortal and invincible instead of completeng his plan right now.

The army should be no good either, since Madara could summon his super-size-double-meteor to crush an entire army just for fun. Sure a few individuals from the army could maybe do something useful for half a chapter, but that's it.

But i still have a small hope for the idea that i described some months earlier: Obito using an incomplete eternal tsukiyomi on just the alliance army and Naruto. In such a genjutsu world anything could happen (anyone dying) without consequences, so the author would be free to make an extreme plot. Also if he doesn't tell us when the mass genjutsu started then he could trick the reader into thinking that all those extreme things really happened. If he realizes that Madara won't help him to get rid of the guys attacking the 10-tails while he can complete the jutsu (and the author invented this lengthy preparation phase to help the plot ) then he will be forced to start an incomplete version of it before the 10-tails breaks down into it's pieces.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 15:25   Link #10
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Kurama and Gyuki coil up and dodge.
I haven't gotten to read it again yet but here's what I got:

They tried to dodge, but laser followed so they get back together and bundle up their tails to block. With Eight-tails taking the brunt of the hit.

Or so it seems (to Gai).

What really happened was a variation of the trick Eight-tails used on Sasuke. Kakashi with the Nine-tails chakra boost had tucked away the Eight-tails (minus one tentacle) using Kamui and Ninetails had taken the brunt of the laser (you can see multiple tails destroyed on the Nine-tails).

Kakashi is now right on top of the bad guys and spits out the Eight-tails who's going to give Ten-tails a bijuu-dama to the eye.

I bet it's gonna fail though.
Old 2012-11-20, 16:03   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

cool combination between Gyuki and Kyuubi...

a monstrous battle is quite hard to be read... but at least we know that Kyuubi has same potential as Naruto for being quite a tactical type (or tricky type)
what a combination! Even Kakashi compliment them..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:15   Link #12
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dude.....that hyper beam is OP as hell!
Old 2012-11-20, 17:02   Link #13
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I bet it's gonna fail though.
Its Naruto. When was the last time a tricky combination of moves won the fight on the first try? Plus it is the Juubi that they have to stare down. It would be a little bit anti-climactic if it could be defeated by an octo-bull's loogie.

That aside, thanks for the explanation.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2012-11-20 at 20:21.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 17:02   Link #14
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer View Post
Obito calls Madara out on wanting to play with that power (already)...
Yeah, that was kind of sudden. I thought there would have to be a little be more of a push before Obito would start doubting Madara's word/vision, but nope. As soon as Madara wants to put off the moonjutus to take care of Naruto and company, Obito is seemingly calling him a fraud. Not with much emotion or anything, more or less like, "Dude, that was totally uncool that you lied to me. Not cool bro. Not cool." And Madara just shrugs, "Whatever." I don't know, maybe something bigger will come from it. Or maybe Obito truly is as apathetic as he proclaimed to be when he attacked to the village in his flashback.
Old 2012-11-20, 17:28   Link #15
Lendial

so is kurama basically an infinite chakra source?
Old 2012-11-20, 17:47   Link #16
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
so is kurama basically an infinite chakra source?
Dunno about infinite but probably more than any single human can use in a lifetime.
Old 2012-11-20, 17:50   Link #17
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Uhhh. The tailed beasts are humongous masses of chakra. And Kurama is the biggest one.

Also, Kurama is such a boss. I'm glad he is an ally now. Good isn't always dumb.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:28   Link #18
GDB

So, Kakashi compliments Kurama on how good a leader he is. Looks like we know how Naruto will suddenly wise up enough to become Hokage, now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:37   Link #19
ChronoReverse

And thus Nine-tails became the Hokage and Naruto never.
Old 2012-11-20, 22:50   Link #20
thermopyle

Quote:
And thus Nine-tails became the Hokage and Naruto never.
9tails making the important village decisions because Naruto is too dumb to think it out? Makes sense.

Minato thinking two-steps ahead as always. LOL.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote