AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-31, 15:39   Link #61
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The nice thing about the new costumes in the various reboots is that they've gotten rid of the "spandex" look and created looks that *look* like they might survive the beatings they take.
Old 2011-08-31, 16:01   Link #62
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The nice thing about the new costumes in the various reboots is that they've gotten rid of the "spandex" look and created looks that *look* like they might survive the beatings they take.

Agreed.

And not to beat a dead horse, but this is exactly what Batman's outfit should of resembled at least in terms of the material and how it's applied.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 16:25   Link #63
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is the wondering of how they get these suits. Most would just have whatever they can get if it isn't provided by their powers. Though Batman has the money for whatever he needs, Clark Kent certainly doesn't as a reporter.
Old 2011-08-31, 16:44   Link #64
Xagzan

I might be alone here, but I think the straight uninterrupted blue of Supe's new getup is kind of jarring. Not saying he had to have tights, but still. It might've looked better with something red around the midsection to break up the full blue.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 00:40   Link #65
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The suit is definitely a different take, but it's not bad. I like the details and texture. Has a alien look to it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 05:06   Link #66
Samari
World's Greatest

Superman's new costume doesn't look that bad as I once thought. Those photos from the set make it look better, although I would have still preferred the red trunks, as I like Superman's classic look he's had for so many years. It does look more alien though, which is interesting. If the movie is good, I'll probably forget about the costume.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 17:37   Link #67
Tetra Vaal
Banned

http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-sha...ntent=FaceBook

Boy oh boy, just when you think this film has a glimmer of hope, Zack Snyder ruins it with his douchebaggery. Once again, he's aiming for style over substance. Did these morons not learn anything from the 'Green Lantern' abomination? I seriously hope this movie finally puts a nail in the coffin for his career. The guy has really never made anything spectacular to begin with. He got big off of '300' and even that sucked ('Valhalla Rising' makes '300' look like it stepped out of the kiddie pool, btw). Oh well, maybe some time within the next century we might get a legitimately solid 'Superman' film-- I'm not holding my breath on that being any time soon, though.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 12:47   Link #68
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I might be alone here, but I think the straight uninterrupted blue of Supe's new getup is kind of jarring. Not saying he had to have tights, but still. It might've looked better with something red around the midsection to break up the full blue.
Agreed. Like a thick red wraparound "V" situated at the waistline. I mean, that's an awful lot of uninterrupted blue.

This is my one and only disappointment with the costume, though.

The texture looks good, the crest looks great, and the cape looks downright majestic. Having the cape be that large is a bold move, imo.
Old 2011-09-11, 11:13   Link #69
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed. Like a thick red wraparound "V" situated at the waistline. I mean, that's an awful lot of uninterrupted blue.

This is my one and only disappointment with the costume, though.
Thirded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The texture looks good, the crest looks great, and the cape looks downright majestic. Having the cape be that large is a bold move, imo.
Oh boy, long, fluttery capes. Superman doesn't have to worry about dying from mere airplane rudders, but on the flip side he still has to worry about inadvertently destroying airplanes with his cape.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 03:04   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well there is the wondering of how they get these suits. Most would just have whatever they can get if it isn't provided by their powers. Though Batman has the money for whatever he needs, Clark Kent certainly doesn't as a reporter.
How about as someone who can crush coal into diamond with his bare hands? Or any number of money-making things he could do with his powers. Like oil-prospecting. Or satellite launching.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 19:36   Link #71
Fate-chan
*Nanoha's close person*

I'm not quite comfortable about this new Superman's superhero outfit, though. >.< In "Returns," it was acceptable since they only wanted to modernize his costume and Routh looked great in it. I mean, how could they remove the red around the waistline? Superman's trademark outfit would not be complete without it!

Also, I thought actors who almost have the same facial features as Christopher Reeve is qualified to be the next Superman. This was the case for Routh, anyway. But I'm not too sure for the new guy. Don't get me wrong, he's indeed good-looking, but no where near as the Superman look we're familiar with in the movies.
Old 2011-09-20, 08:29   Link #72
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You got to remember... Superman was created at a time when every common citizen knows how to sew. It might be rare for the average joe in modern society to make his own clothes, but there was a time it was as plausible as knowing how to tie your shoe laces.
(I was raised next door to a shop that sells cloth.)

For that matter, Batman was seen in early comics building his own Batmobile with a blowtorch. Before mass-production and cheap goods, people were expected to be able to do certain things on their own. It's just that time has moved on.

EDIT: Also, Superman was meant to resemble a Circus Strong Man outfit wise. But even Circus Strongmen have moved on to other outfits/jobs.
Old 2011-09-20, 08:34   Link #73
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The older outfits sure, but not these high tech rubber bodysuits the studios are using these days. The material alone woult probably be out of mosts price range (for the real stuff not the prop departments stuff).
Old 2011-09-20, 14:41   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Isn't Superman's costume supposed to be his baby blanket or something? Also, how many blankets did he have?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:33   Link #75
sneaker

Teaser:
http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/man-of-steel/
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 17:45   Link #76
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Isn't Superman's costume supposed to be his baby blanket or something? Also, how many blankets did he have?
Depends on which story you're reading. Sometimes it's a blanket from Krypton, other times it's entirely home made.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 19:03   Link #77
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Even home made Superman costumes can withstand bullets in comics.

Either way I think older people that where used to Sups having red tights will be new to this.
Old 2012-12-11, 12:45   Link #78
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

New trailer out for Man of steel and I am 100% officially excited for this.

Clark your Dad was a fool...we'd never reject you.
Old 2012-12-11, 13:30   Link #79
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

With Zach Snyder and Christopher Nolan on board, I will definitely go watch this.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 16:03   Link #80
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Ah, Clark Kent...

In modern America, his fake birth certificate is going to cause problems for 47% of the country. Why would they trust him if he isn't born here? He isn't even a REAL American!

Clark had to hide not because he has superpowers, but because he needs to disguise the fact that he is an Illegal.