AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 08:07   Link #28741
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Also: duotiga, you're crazy. Wish I could be you. Zeta and Unicorn are amongst my all-time favourite MS as well.
yea ...i'm crazy...which is why now the new releases has been on hold for me

this year for me is Ver Ka & RGs

I suspect Bandai once release the RG Destiny, 3mths later P-Online Premium for Destiny Heine ver
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 08:23   Link #28742
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
That looks frigging sweet, maknaedik. Unfortunately I haven't found the time to work on my Sazabi and try out the topcoating tips you mentioned. Hopefully in the next few weeks. Might try a flatcoat for my Rozen Zulu, which I'm going to paint up. (My first time! My good friend has kindly loaned me his airbrush, which will be parked in my house indefinitely. )
Thanks thanks

Posing it with its Rifle+Bazooka is a pain. I even have to use my SHF KR Ryuki's stand. Thankfully I bought that, HAHA!

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 00:43   Link #28743
Skye629

Y are action bases 1 so expensive......Im reluctant to pay $12 for a stand......they should be $7 imo......its basically shooting my wallet in the knee if I decide to get a MG as 90% of the time they wont come with one

Guess the next one Im gonna get is going to either come with a stand or does not require one to b kewl
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 10:52   Link #28744
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Y are action bases 1 so expensive......Im reluctant to pay $12 for a stand......they should be $7 imo......its basically shooting my wallet in the knee if I decide to get a MG as 90% of the time they wont come with one

Guess the next one Im gonna get is going to either come with a stand or does not require one to b kewl
Action Base 1 is more expensive because it's bigger, and it's designed for 1/100 scale GunPla kits.

It's like asking why is MG Exia more expensive than HG Exia...

Also, MG kits really don't come with a stand anymore. The only time they will include a stand is if a weapon is really too large to hold, and even that is a sometimes. An example is the MG 00 Qan[T] which came with an Action Base 2 to hold the Buster Rifle/Buster Sword.

So what I do with GunPla is limit myself to MG's and rarely 1/100 No Grades. Each time, I will get the MG kit with an Action Base 1. Simple.

I also look for deals online. Like sometimes I will buy from Amazon since I have an Amazon Prime account which gives me free & unlimited 2 day delivery on most things sold by Amazon, and Amazon themselves now sell some GunPla kits. Prices can be a little bit more, but I like the fast delivery.
Old 2013-01-21, 15:35   Link #28745
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

In Japan they do cost 500 yen (if I remember correctly). The problem is that the store in America where you buy it has to import it as well. So they have to pay for shipping and taxes just like you have to if you import it yourself. So naturally they can't just sell it to you for 7 bucks. They want to make a profit afterall.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 15:37   Link #28746
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I just finished the 1/100 No Grade Astraea. It was a pretty fun build but it gets me wondering why we don't have the Astraea and Astraea Type F (as well as Avalanche Dash Exia) as MG's when we have 1/100 No Grade and 1/144 High Grades for them...
Old 2013-01-22, 00:05   Link #28747
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

because we have 1/100 NG's and 1/144 HG's of them
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 04:12   Link #28748
firefox
Seed seeder

Because i like the Zaku Warrior more
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 04:48   Link #28749
maknaedik

Sinanju deserves a 2.0. It needs the manipulator of nu ver Ka, separate plastic parts for details underneath its thrusters and updated ball joint on the waist (sarcs).

Anyway, when's the next announcement for new releases? I just can't get enough of the announcements they made last year.

edit: separate parts for the gold trims, include the bazooka attachment with the right colors, separate part for the vulcans and LED gimmick.

Old 2013-01-22, 07:33   Link #28750
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Sinanju deserves a 2.0. It needs the manipulator of nu ver Ka, separate plastic parts for details underneath its thrusters and updated ball joint on the waist (sarcs).

Anyway, when's the next announcement for new releases? I just can't get enough of the announcements they made last year.

edit: separate parts for the gold trims, include the bazooka attachment with the right colors, separate part for the vulcans and LED gimmick.
If you improve upon the Sinanju like that you might as well call it a Perfect Grade^^

Also, check out what I just got! :B

And of course it took them one day longer to deliver it. I had half a day off yesterday so I would have had time to build it >__>
Oh and they made me pay 16.50€ for customs fees. It took them a freaking week to process it, messed up my express shipping and I still had to pay XP
Old 2013-01-22, 08:47   Link #28751
yusful10

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
After a month long, I'm proud to present my MG 1/100 Sinanju ver Ka

I'll have some more pics next weekend. I need sunlight for more beautiful pics
How many tamiya cans did you use for the top coat?
yusful10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 09:02   Link #28752
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusful10 View Post
How many tamiya cans did you use for the top coat?
About three and the last can still has some left.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...announced.html

LOL! I can't believe it! They're actually releasing a new MG Sinanju! Of course, it ain't close to a 2.0. It will come with Sinanju Bazooka, and hopefully, the PG type hands! Anyway, even though I already have on and just recently finished one, I'm still gonna buy this. One is never enough > duotiga supports me in this for sure :P

Gonna make it metallic finish this time, or maybe not. Depends on my mood maybe :P

Last edited by maknaedik; 2013-01-23 at 02:41. Reason: new nanju
Old 2013-01-23, 03:12   Link #28753
firefox
Seed seeder

HLJ is offering the 1/144 HG AGE-1 gundam with Razor upgrade parts that came with the hobby japan oktober 2012 magazine for 1300 yen, not a bad price, or 1000 yen for only the parts, okay that's a bit expensive.

http://www.hlj.com/HG-Gundam-AGE-1-N...r-Part-Mod-Kit

Do you guys think there is a chance we will get a full 1/144 hg AGE-1 Razor model as they did with astraea in the 1/144 HG 00 line after the conversion parts were also released with a magazine??

I might buy the parts to customise an adele (diva color)

Last edited by firefox; 2013-01-23 at 04:05.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 03:37   Link #28754
Zeydra
A random passerby

Another Sinanju? Cool, hopefully they make the gold trims a snap on part (though they probably won't). Either way, another Sinanju can't be anything but awesome.

Destiny Real Grade prototype image is out.

Honestly, looks nice, but the lack of Wings of Light will continue to worry me until they are either confirmed or not. To me the thing that truly makes the Destiny stand out is those wings, otherwise I find it rather bland as far as lead Gundams go. It may sound a little silly, but the wings are a make or break thing for me and this design.

Source for the image. http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/1...ny-gundam.html
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 03:38   Link #28755
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, took them long enough to make Sinanju OVA ver. I hope that means they do some real improvement, like actual gold parts instead of stickers. Yeah, I know, I’m asking the impossible . I do wonder, will the decals in this OVA ver be better than the Ver. Ka?

Anyway, reading the announcement, I’m glad I don’t have any Sinanju yet. I can't afford to double-dip MG Sinanjus. Must do some picking first . I'm also waiting anxiously whether they'll made MG Nu HWS Ka or not.

Is it just me, or RG Destiny's feet look kinda bad standing like that?
Old 2013-01-23, 04:32   Link #28756
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 05:17   Link #28757
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ So they include the “correctly opened” Armed Armor VN claw on HG Banshee Norn Unimod? Hmm...smart move, Bandai...smart move....

HG Norn Unimod itself doesn’t look bad. And considering the Unimod of my MG Banshee can barely stand, I’m tempted to get this.
Old 2013-01-23, 05:22   Link #28758
Appel

Sinanju OVA version, eh? I did not expect this. At all. Especially since we are getting the Sinanju Stein this year as well...
I definitely wont get this. I mean, I am happy with my Sinanju as it is and I don't really want the bazooka (which I can always buy seperately if I want it in the future). But I suppose it is nice that those who don't have a Sinanju yet have three different versions to choose from (Ver.Ka, OVA and Stein)! Four if you count the Titanium Finish version.
Old 2013-01-23, 05:24   Link #28759
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post

DAMN U BANDAI
Now I have to get the new Banshee lol

New Sinanju? About time! Maybe they will also include the new manipulators from the Nu/Stein! I doubt there will be gold parts, they would be too fragile, and a solid gold piece for the full part with black part add ons will cost too much/be too heavy/take up more room throwing off the proportions

Hmmmmmm should I get the MG Tallgeese II? Which site is the best to order limited kits from if you are in the US (West coast)? I dont think hobbywave sell limited ones

HGUC EZ8 looking great!

Is that a new VF model?! O_O

GG: Omg the Banshee head stand transforms? The unicorn one did not do that!

TLDR: DAMN YOU BANDAI DAMN YOU!!!!!
Old 2013-01-23, 05:40   Link #28760
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
hlj is offering the 1/144 hg age-1 gundam with razor upgrade parts that came with the hobby japan oktober 2012 magazine for 1300 yen, not a bad price, or 1000 yen for only the parts, okay that's a bit expensive.

http://www.hlj.com/hg-gundam-age-1-n...r-part-mod-kit

do you guys think there is a chance we will get a full 1/144 hg age-1 razor model as they did with astraea in the 1/144 hg 00 line after the conversion parts were also released with a magazine??

I might buy the parts to customise an adele (diva color)
how long does this sale last for?! Must get!

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy