AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-02-07, 11:32   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Code Geass: Picture Book 1 Discussion (DVD Extra)

Welcome to the discussion thread for the Code Geass Visual Sound Drama (i.e. Picture Book 1), which was s DVD Extra with the first Japanese DVD release.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of future Visual Sound Dramas and DVD Extras.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 11:40   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet - the first Picture Book tells the short story of when Suzaku & Lelouch first met. Considering how much has happened between the two since the first episode of the series, it gives us a good chance to go back to the routes - also, we get to see just how cute Nunnally looks with two red bows. <3

Have to admit, i do love the style they've gone for - the name does speak for it all, but it captures the story much more then just another episode.
Old 2007-02-07, 12:30   Link #3
ashlay
the red string of fate

at least Suzaku was a more honest person back then.

it's interesting to see the set up between these two characters, especially since young Lelouch is closer to current Suzaku, and vice versa.

definitely one of the better extras I've seen on DVD releases of a series. hope the next ones will have equally interesting tidbits on the time before the war. (and maybe we'll even get an appearance by sunflower kimono CC in the later ones, and find out a little bit what that was about)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 12:39   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
hope the next ones will have equally interesting tidbits on the time before the war. (and maybe we'll even get an appearance by sunflower kimono CC in the later ones, and find out a little bit what that was about)
I really wouldn't mind seeing how Lelouch acted around Cornelia back while he was living with the family. Also would be pretty fun to see his & Clovis' rivalry.

If that happens, then it'll be an even further flashback. :3
Old 2007-02-07, 12:49   Link #5
ashlay
the red string of fate

hard to tell how the set up of these things will be. >_<

though I must say, I enjoy the concept of having each 'episode' be about child Lelouch's encounters with various characters in the series at different points in time:
-how he met suzaku
-a bit of his life with the other royal family members
-how he ended up with the Ashfords again

stuff like that.

oh, also, its funny that Suzaku used to live in the storehouse. they've definitely been moving towards the adopted thing.
Old 2007-02-07, 12:54   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Now i wonder if somewhere down the line, they'll feature Suzaku and his Father's last moments. Now that would be powerful to see..
Old 2007-02-07, 15:02   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
whow...suzaku being a pro japan! and to change into a person who is working as a "slave" for britannia his father's death must have really killed his soul ~
i quite liked this ^_^ pretty unique and effective ~ nanali...bless her little soul! ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 16:22   Link #8
Ansa

I'd like to see a follow up to that with Suzaku helping Lulu make the room as he first described it.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 18:17   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Pretty nice little bit. The meeting of Suzaku and Lelouch was definately not what I expected. Suzaku was really a different guy back then not exactly holding back with what he thinks. Funny how they could turn from guys fighting each other to the best of friends. Nice how Nunally managed to break things up.

What kind of father makes his kid live in a storehouse though? Definately shows that things weren't all that great between father and son in that situation either.

Looking forward to the follow ups.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 18:24   Link #10
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I agree I wonder about why Suzaku said that were he live. I got say the last word that Lelouch said about Suzaku been his first friend and his great enemy make me wonder if talking about the past or what is to come.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 19:32   Link #11
Esayah

Yea I'm wondering the same. Lulu speaks of Suzaku being his first friend, which can be seen throughout the anime series, but "his worst enemy"? Is there another point down the timeline where Suzaku and Lulu duke it out, or will this take place after everyone finds out who each other is in the anime? :O

Another thing is Lulu says ALL of this in the past tense: "was my first friend", "was my worst enemy". I want to know more! There's so many interesting holes in Geass that need to be filled!
Esayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 08:59   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah those last lines really add some questions. Clearly we know when he was his friend. His worst enemy is debatable now considering how much Lancelot has gotten in the way. Though it's possible he becomes even more in Lelouch's way in the future. Does was mean they've become friends again? Or does was mean Suzaku is dead?
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 13:25   Link #13
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well i basically found it meaning exactally how it means ~ the worst enemy part comes from suzaku getting in the way of things everytime pissing lulu off badly ~ i would say that atm he could be the worst enemy for lulu considering how easily suzaku can bump off lulu if he was serious ~
but being in the past tense...thats interesting ~ it could be lulu's future self tell us this past event after suzaku has joined forces with him ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 00:17   Link #14
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
oh, also, its funny that Suzaku used to live in the storehouse.
Did he really? I thought it used to be his playground.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 00:30   Link #15
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Did he really? I thought it used to be his playground.
yeah, I just went back to actually listen to what they said instead of reading the fansubs. ^_^b he was telling lelouch it was 'his place', right? and judging from the kinda person kid Suzaku is, he probably had just claimed it as his own secret fort or something.

my mistake. >_<